Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Akainu's Magma DF can't damage if He Uses Haki!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jimtors's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Akainu's Magma DF can't damage if He Uses Haki!

The armor haki to use in order to hit Logia DFs will disable the magma effect of Akainus magma punch if he uses to cover himself with it. He was just able to hit ace at that time and burn him since he didn't use haki but he's fruit is superior to Ace's..

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Akainu's Magma DF can't damage if He Uses Haki!

Quote Originally Posted by jimtors View Post
    The armor haki to use in order to hit Logia DFs will disable the magma effect of Akainus magma punch if he uses to cover himself with it. He was just able to hit ace at that time and burn him since he didn't use haki but he's fruit is superior to Ace's..
    yes that was pretty well established by rayleigh

it's also pretty clear if the logia user himself is a haki user, the effects would just be the difference in haki between the logia attacked and the physical attacker, so logias highly skilled in haki are still pretty invulnerable

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

No, just no. How come Luffy combines both haki and his gomu gomu abilities? If a DF user is combining his power with Busoshoku Haki, the DF power are varied.

And yes. Established by the Skypiea adventure, it doesn't matter if someone uses Busoshoku Haki or not if there's a superior element.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    No, just no. How come Luffy combines both haki and his gomu gomu abilities? If a DF user is combining his power with Busoshoku Haki, the DF power are varied.

And yes. Established by the Skypiea adventure, it doesn't matter if someone uses Busoshoku Haki or not if there's a superior element.
    wait, did he mean akainu will disable his own magma powers by using haki?

i thought he meant akainu can get hurt by other haki users

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hyper_megaman View Post
    wait, did he mean akainu will disable his own magma powers by using haki?

i thought he meant akainu can get hurt by other haki users
    I thought he ment Akainu cannot combine his DF with Haki as it will disable it. That was the reason I did not answer in this thread at all. There was neither a question for the start, nor did I really understand what the op said in his first post

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

what are you talking about? a DF can use haki,and add it to his power! that's what luffy did to Hody,or what marco did to akainu when he hit ace. akainu survived because he used haki too,imo.the same happened to aokiji when Wb stabbed him. if luffy had enough haki,he could stop akainu's magma,as did shanks in chapter 579

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

My point with this discussion is that Akainu killed ace without Haki since Ace got burned due to the inferiority of his DF.. If akainu used haki when hitting ace, it would act as a shield covering his magma and will just bluntly punch ace and send him flying, not punching through him with the magma... Get the point people? Luffy can perfectly synergize with his haki since he is a rubber man and it will act as a hard glove for him, but for akainu, it will cover the magma effects... Cause haki acts as a shield!

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, luffy uses haki AND can come in contact with people when punching. I don't see any particular reason for akainu to have such a problem when even less experienced people than him have it. I think this would depend on how exactly akainu uses haki though. We have seen haki is capable of repelling stuff however in those cases haki has already been used solely as defense.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

My point with this discussion is that Akainu killed ace without Haki since Ace got burned due to the inferiority of his DF.. If akainu used haki when hitting ace, it would act as a shield covering his magma and will just bluntly punch ace and send him flying, not punching through him with the magma... Get the point people? Luffy can perfectly synergize with his haki since he is a rubber man and it will act as a hard glove for him, but for akainu, it will cover the magma effects... Cause haki acts as a shield!
    i don't think haki is strictly a hard aura around the person's body, or at least it can be controlled to not be

as kkck has mentioned, loads of haki users do engage in physical contact

remember vista's cuts on akainu? marco's claw rips?

it wouldn't be sharp if it really was an aura, vista would have just clubbed akainu with his club-sword

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Well, luffy uses haki AND can come in contact with people when punching. I don't see any particular reason for akainu to have such a problem when even less experienced people than him have it. I think this would depend on how exactly akainu uses haki though. We have seen haki is capable of repelling stuff however in those cases haki has already been used solely as defense.
    IF you say that way, then that would be right. As I said before, when he punched through Ace, there was no Haki used since it would just act as a shield between his magma and aces body.

---------- Post added at 09:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hyper_megaman View Post
    i don't think haki is strictly a hard aura around the person's body, or at least it can be controlled to not be

as kkck has mentioned, loads of haki users do engage in physical contact

remember vista's cuts on akainu? marco's claw rips?

it wouldn't be sharp if it really was an aura, vista would have just clubbed akainu with his club-sword
    THe haki of VISTA acted as a hard covering taking the shape of it's container, that is why it's still sharp.. While with akainu, it would cover the shape of his magma, but the burning effect will be covered....

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

You actually don't know if Ace or Aikanu didn't used Haki, actually.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

13. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

IF you say that way, then that would be right. As I said before, when he punched through Ace, there was no Haki used since it would just act as a shield between his magma and aces body.

---------- Post added at 09:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 AM ----------

THe haki of VISTA acted as a hard covering taking the shape of it's container, that is why it's still sharp.. While with akainu, it would cover the shape of his magma, but the burning effect will be covered....

or maybe it will merely exaggerate the form of the container, as u said, and enhance akainu's burning effects instead of diminishing it

as uriel said, it's merely conjecture at this point, but frm what oda has shown us it seems to be purely beneficial to the user with no detriment

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

So you do you think that when Akainu punched through Ace, he used haki? I know it's merely a theory, but basing to what Haki's characteristics are, explained by Rayleigh, we should be abe to throw an educated assumption...

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

yea but have u seen how luffy uses it?

he doesn't really create a significant boundary over his flesh

he actually just hardens his flesh

that's pretty evidential that colour of armaments haki can be controlled in terms of space

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

So you do you think that when Akainu punched through Ace, he used haki? I know it's merely a theory, but basing to what Haki's characteristics are, explained by Rayleigh, we should be abe to throw an educated assumption...
    It doesn't matter: Magma is the superior element to Flames, which makes as much sense as Rubber being the superior element to Electricity. Ace would have needed Haki to counter Akainu, so all we can say for sure is: Ace didn't use enough Haki while fighting Akainu nor when he shielded Luffy.

We also know that Akainu is able to use haki, though when he blocked Whitebeard's attack on the scaffold. But everything else can be explained without haki usage.

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast