Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 32 Discussion

  1. #1
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Towson
    Country
    United States
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    27,239
    Post Thanks / Like

    Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 32 Discussion

    Discuss Shingeki no Kyojin chapter 32 spoilers here. If anyone has spoilers they wish to share please PM an available Global Moderator Admin.

    24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
    • For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

    Spoiler Pics and Translations:
    • At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
    • This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
    • Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
    • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
    • International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
    • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.

    For-Profit Download Links
    • If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
    • Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
    • Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
    • Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
    • Spoiler: list of for-profit sites show

    Spoiler: Formatting Spoiler Posts show
    Last edited by Kaiten; April 11, 2012 at 11:41 AM.

  2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  3. #2
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like

    Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 32 Discussion/Chapter 34 Predictions


  4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  5. #3
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Towson
    Country
    United States
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    27,239
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 32 Discussion/Chapter 33 Predictions

    Best part of the chapter:

    When Eren asks Mikasa how she can fight Annie and she responds "The world is a cruel place". Such a great summation of the series as whole, as well as Annie's betrayal. This chapter might not have been as flashy as the last, but I love the psychology of having to deal with a comrade's betrayal.

    The ring was my other favorite part. A very clever way to trigger her transformation, even Armin didn't see it coming.

  6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  7. #4
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Country
    Jamaica
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    170
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 32 Discussion/Chapter 33 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Best part of the chapter:

    When Eren asks Mikasa how she can fight Annie and she responds "The world is a cruel place". Such a great summation of the series as whole, as well as Annie's betrayal. This chapter might not have been as flashy as the last, but I love the psychology of having to deal with a comrade's betrayal.

    The ring was my other favorite part. A very clever way to trigger her transformation, even Armin didn't see it coming.
    Another reason I loved Mikasa's quote at that moment was that I believe this was the same thing Eren said to her the first time they met as children where smugglers killed Mikasa's family and were trying to capture her as goods (for whatever reason). What makes it so cool too is that those were the same revalationary words that made Mikasa into the bonified, hardcore badass she is today and in this chapter the very thing that had Eren transform into his titan mode. The thing with the ring waas really smart and really complemented the smart military style thinking that the characters should have given their circumstances.

    Another favourite part of this chapter was at the scouts' meeting house where Eren and Rivalie were sitting in that quiet dead space left by their fallen comrades. I found that bit really sad and what made it even sadder was how Rivallie was talking incessantly in order to fill in the deafening silence. Awesome chapter obviously- not surprised.

  8. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
  9. #5
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member haegar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    249
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 32 Discussion/Chapter 33 Predictions

    rofl, yeah, Rivaille and his musings on the shit not coming out, lmao, so in character XD

    anyways, I'll have to let this chapter sink a bit more before forming a final opinion: generally, the ususal good stuff, but plot could have moved a bit further imho - basically we got an extension to last month's cliffhanger by means of some more background info and that is it.

    I do wonder why soo much space was given to Eren struggling with changing into a Titan to fight Annie. Given the quality of the character development so far I am optimistic it will have some more meaning later, but should it turn out this was just to heighten the drama and he fights all badass without holding back next chap I will be a bit dissapointed. Actually I am thinking it was made so abundantly clear how much he struggles to lay the ground for him lateron trying to "save" Annie somehow... I'm leaning towards him having decided she is not entirely bad, though he might not have realised this just yet (consciously)...

    edit: Oh and Mikasa deffinetely doesn't have that problem, lol
    Last edited by haegar; April 11, 2012 at 06:38 PM.

  10. #6
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Hiro Hayase's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    New York City
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    90
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 32 Discussion/Chapter 33 Predictions

    I agree when Mikasa said "The world is a cruel place" that definitely felt like a turning point in the series, at least for Eren's character. I knew it! The ring did have significance~ Hahaha~ For some reason, I found Mikasa a tad bit creepy when she was behind Eren persuading him to fight Annie as a titan and making that face lol. Was it due to jealousy...? Eren might decide to use a ring similar to the one Annie has or take hers as a parting gift in the unfortunate event that she dies.

    They confirmed that there are servants of titan inside the walls, clearly seeking to destroy it and possibly doom humanity. Eren's punch at the end looked like a shoryukenyoken from street fighter, hehe.
    Last edited by Hiro Hayase; April 11, 2012 at 05:09 PM.
    "Do not condemn the judgment of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong."


  11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  12. #7
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Towson
    Country
    United States
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    27,239
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 32 Discussion/Chapter 33 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by haegar View Post
    anyways, I'll have to let this chapter sink a bit more before forming a final opinion: generally, the ususal good stuff, but plot could have moved a bit further imho - basically we got an extension to last month's cliffhanger by means of some more background info and that is it.
    I agree, while I liked this chapter it really was only an extended flashback. It served it's purpose but at the same time was more a break in tension rather than step forward.

    Quote Quote:
    I do wonder why soo much space was given to Eren struggling with changing into a Titan to fight Annie. Given the quality of the character development so far I am optimistic it will have some more meaning later, but should it turn out this was just to heighten the drama and he fights all badass without holding back next chap I will be a bit dissapointed. Actually I am thinking it was made so abundantly clear how much he struggles to lay the ground for him lateron trying to "save" Annie somehow... I'm leaning towards him having decided she is not entirely bad, though he might not have realised this just yet ...

    edit: Oh and Mikasa deffinetely doesn't have that problem, lol
    I think he wanted to show Eren struggling with his motivation. Until now being gung-ho was easy: the enemy has been mindless titans and strangers. This is the first time he had to fight and kill someone he thought of as a friend. I think this chapter was about Eren coming to grips with the fact that war is not always about heroics.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Hayase View Post
    I agree when Mikasa said "The world is a cruel place" that definitely felt like a turning point in the series, at least for Eren's character. I knew it! The ring did have significance~ Hahaha~ For some reason, I found Mikasa a tad bit creepy when she was behind Eren persuading him to fight Annie as a titan and making that face lol. Was it due to jealousy...? Eren might decide to use a ring similar to the one Annie has or take hers as a parting gift in the unfortunate event that she dies.
    I think it was the lighting: Mikasa was always shown in such harsh light, a lot of grays and blacks.

    Quote Originally Posted by capricorn View Post
    Another favourite part of this chapter was at the scouts' meeting house where Eren and Rivalie were sitting in that quiet dead space left by their fallen comrades. I found that bit really sad and what made it even sadder was how Rivallie was talking incessantly in order to fill in the deafening silence. Awesome chapter obviously- not surprised.
    Well said! Until your quote that did not register with me. Looking at the chapter again, that big empty space was very sad.

  13. #8
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member haegar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    249
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 32 Discussion/Chapter 33 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    I think he wanted to show Eren struggling with his motivation. Until now being gung-ho was easy: the enemy has been mindless titans and strangers. This is the first time he had to fight and kill someone he thought of as a friend. I think this chapter was about Eren coming to grips with the fact that war is not always about heroics.
    True, maybe I was overthinking this by focusing too much on Annie and what her future role might be... not everything Eren does relates to her character and the plotline dealing with it ...

    edit: but she definetely is the most interesting character to me right now so I can't help myself

  14. #9
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Country
    Jamaica
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    170
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 32 Discussion/Chapter 33 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Hayase View Post
    I agree when Mikasa said "The world is a cruel place" that definitely felt like a turning point in the series, at least for Eren's character. I knew it! The ring did have significance~ Hahaha~ For some reason, I found Mikasa a tad bit creepy when she was behind Eren persuading him to fight Annie as a titan and making that face lol. Was it due to jealousy...? Eren might decide to use a ring similar to the one Annie has or take hers as a parting gift in the unfortunate event that she dies.
    They confirmed that there are servants of titan inside the walls, clearly seeking to destroy it and possibly doom humanity. Eren's punch at the end looked like a shoryukenyoken from street fighter, hehe.
    My thoughts exactly, I was so lost in the tension of this chapter that I literally screamed SHORYUKEN at the top of my lungs when Eren went titan.

    I found Mikasa creepy at the very beginning of the chapter with that color page with her in a pink swimsuit. She was like the total opposite to the girl beside her and is it me or does Mikasa look even more capable to kick my ass in the pink swimsuit LOL

  15. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  16. #10
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Towson
    Country
    United States
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    27,239
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 32 Discussion/Chapter 33 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by haegar View Post
    True, maybe I was overthinking this by focusing too much on Annie and what her future role might be... not everything Eren does relates to her character and the plotline dealing with it ...

    edit: but she definetely is the most interesting character to me right now so I can't help myself
    I don't think it is wrong to focus on Annie. Eren was reacting to Annie, she is the focus of the plot right now. I suspect the story will focus directly on her next month. Not only because of the fight but there has to be consequences for transforming in broad daylight, in the middle of inner districts. She has now confirmed the fact that Irvin was right, there are enemies inside the wall and Eren is not one of them. Eren now becomes an essential weapon, the only "good guy" who can transform and fight the "bad guys" as an equal.

    Quote Originally Posted by capricorn View Post
    I found Mikasa creepy at the very beginning of the chapter with that color page with her in a pink swimsuit. She was like the total opposite to the girl beside her and is it me or does Mikasa look even more capable to kick my ass in the pink swimsuit LOL
    Not a fan of this months cover. No.

  17. #11
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member haegar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    249
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 32 Discussion/Chapter 33 Predictions



    agreed, this is all there is to say about the cover style

    edit: though I can see how some people dig the abs XD

  18. #12
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ashher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Dhaka
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,179
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 32 Discussion/Chapter 33 Predictions

    My apathy towards the character of mikasa is slowly turning into quite the full fledged dislike. this girl is not psychologically sound. she's a freaking obsession about eren and how i hope that eren is gonna revolt against her at some stage.

    i wonder if that line about eren having some special feelings for annie would come true...i for one won't mind at all.

  19. #13
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Towson
    Country
    United States
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    27,239
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 32 Discussion/Chapter 33 Predictions

    Annie has slaughtered a whole lot of people, killing even more this chapter. Even if he does have feelings for her I can't imagine any way for him to express those feelings. He seems to have found the determination to fight at the end of the chapter, no matter what his feelings for her. Ultimately I am sure that he hesitated because she was a friend and comrade, not because he has feelings for her. He had to come to grips with the fact that life's a bitch and friends one day can be enemies the next.

  20. #14
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ashher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Dhaka
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,179
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 32 Discussion/Chapter 33 Predictions

    ^ true, but both of them belong to the same kind, right? I'm not saying eren has some romantic feelings for annie right now, but a development towards that direction wouldn't be something i wouldn't welcome, if its done correctly.

  21. #15
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Towson
    Country
    United States
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    27,239
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 32 Discussion/Chapter 33 Predictions

    Same kind yes but different sides of the fight. I can't really imagine a star crossed love affair developing later on. Besides, right now she is cornered and might not have any future in the story. To soon to tell though.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts