Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Summer Anime 2012 Preview Guide

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Summer Anime 2012 Preview Guide

Not very promising so far in my eyes. From new titles, Sword Art Online is probably the most inviting one. I see BLOOD-C's movie is going to be released too. I'm not much a fan of it after watching BLOOD-C, but since I have come so far I must see it through to the end.

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quite a pile of fantasy/action series.

In my experience it's pretty hard to tell what I'm going to think of that stuff until I actually sit down and watch it so I'll keep an open mind. I'll probably watch a little of all of it and see if anything seems like it's worth coming back for more.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

For anyone who's interested, here's an update of the preview list:

Spoiler show

Personally I still don't really see anything that really interests me besides Sword Art Online but I bet there will be one or two surprisingly great series again

Kya~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm kinda disappointed by Summer 2012 line up, if I judging by its premise alone, nothing interesting. I'm only interested in Berserk movie. If the Fairy Tail movie is good, I'll watch that one too.

MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, there isn't really anything that picks my interest this season. Guess I'll check out some based on reviews and general feedback after the season starts.

On the movie front though it looks quite nice. The second Berserk film, first was pretty cool so I'll definetly check this one too. Fairy Tail film... I dunno, I'm following the manga pretty much out of habbit and only thing good about the anime is the soundtrack. Maybe I'll check, maybe not.

However, the one I'm most interested in is Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki. Mamoru Hosodas (Summer Wars, Girl who Leapt Thorough Time) latest piece. The trailer promises a nice family fantasy. I've really like Hosodas earlier work, so I expect to enjoy this one too.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

A final update on the anime released this season:

Spoiler show

I will check out Aruvu Rezuru, which premise at least sounds half-interesting.

Sword Art is a given. If the anime is anywhere as good as the novel, which I heard a lot of good things about, then it's probably going to be awesome

Only series that stands out for me is Chouyaku Hyakunin Isshu: Uta Koi. I'm quite interested in the poems after I watched last seasons Chihayafuru. If it's well done it might be one of the seasons surprises.

Might watch the first episode of La storia della Arcana Famiglia, sounds like their could be a nice pack of action. Looks like it's just another bishounen action but looking at the lack of good anime this season I'm willing to give it a small chance.

Besides that I will do the same as Ust, there really isn't anything else that interests me and most of it sounds so generic so I will wait and see if there's another show that turns out to be surprisingly good. Hopefully there is one, as for now it looks like one of the worst seasons I witnessed

MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Arcana Famiglia has potential for decent action entertainment. I must say I am also very interested in Moyashimon, but I'd need to watch the first season. Usually there is atleast one or two series I really look forwards to, but this season has none. It indeed better have a suprise hit series hidden in the line-up. Otherwise... Booo.

Der blaue Denker MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

So nothing too original and nothing that has a lot of hype before it? Personally I have not stumbled upon an original comedy like Genshiken or Azumanga Daioh were. A lot of is really children's comedy, I am more into a more darker, adult, satirical comedy. Gah, putting hope in Moyasimon as I said.

Maybe I will watch a movie from this season, I have not seen anything like that in ages.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Koshi_Inaba's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

^Sword Art Online has quite a hype

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I would hate it if Sword Art Online will become to similar to .hack/, the premise sounds pretty similar to me.

Will probably try Kingdom, Dakara Bowu wa, the female Nobunaga series, Binbou-gami ga for the VA's and Arcana Famiglia. Moyashimon S2 and Langrange to see how the story will go on. Omg, can't miss the Toshokan Sensou movie! Or the rest of the movie list excluding Eiga Jewelpet.

Code Geass Gaiden: Boukoku no Akito will only be four specials? Let's see how they will manage it.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    I would hate it if Sword Art Online will become to similar to .hack/, the premise sounds pretty similar to me.
    Don't forget that it's based on a light novel, which is highly praised by both the japanese and western community. I don't know about .hack/ but I have faith that the anime will be very enjoyable when they stick to the story

Omg, can't miss the Toshokan Sensou movie! Or the rest of the movie list excluding Eiga Jewelpet.
    What's the movie about? The picture looks interesting.

Code Geass Gaiden: Boukoku no Akito will only be four specials? Let's see how they will manage it.
    Totally forgot about it, definitely will watch this! Not sure about a story without Lelouch but it's definitely worth a try. If this is done well my hopes for the quality of the third Code Geass Saga will rise a lot

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't like to spoil myself for movies, so there's no way I will read description. Liked the series, so I will watch this one too. XD
    Quote Originally Posted by description of series
    Toshokan Sensou tells the story of Kasahara Iku, the first woman to join the Library Task Force. In the near future in Japan, the Media Enhancement Law has been forced upon the population censoring all books and media. To counter this, the Library Defense Force was created. To protect themselves against the Media Enhancement Law Commission, all major libraries are fully equipped with a military Task Force, who take it upon themselves to protect the books and freedom of media of the people. This anime follows Iku and her fellow soldiers as they protect various special books and artifacts from the oppression of the Media Enhancement Law Commission. A love story, war story, and comedy all rolled into one.
    SAO may be praised, but so was Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon. Let's hope one doesn't need to read the LNs to appreciate this one. And since other mecha series can live without Lelouch, this one may do well aswell. Breath some fresh air into the franchise after the IMO rather disappointing S2.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

After reading the Summer 2012 Preview on RC, the shows below are the ones that have caught my attention:

La Storia Della Arcana Famiglia

Chouyaku Hyakunin Isshu: Uta Koi.

Natsuyuki Rendezvous

Kokoro Connect

The synopsis of the series above made me curious enough to make me want to check them out. I’ll probably watch the first episode of each one of them before deciding on which ones I’m going to pick up to replace the series that are ending this spring season (Sakamichi and Area no Kishi).
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member wintercry's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This is a first. Nothing seems interesting for me enough to watch this season. The only one was Kingdom until I saw the animation of Pierrot and got disappointed again.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2