Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Rate this Chapter!!!

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

2 1.68%
  • 2 (Average)

6 5.04%
  • 3 (Good)

27 22.69%
  • 4 (Great!)

48 40.34%
  • 5 (Epic)

34 28.57%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

2 1.68%
New Reply
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: One Piece 663 Discussion

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 663 Discussion / 664 Prediction

i just thought about an answer to the question on how smoker gained consciousness.. its like the thriller bark scenario.. when moria takes someone else's shadow they lose consciousness for a bit and when the shadow is placed on a dead body that dead body comes to life.. tashigi's consciousness was placed on smokers body allowing her to control it..

about law's crew.. im not sure they are captured.. i was thinking maybe he left them for a bit to take this route with CC for personal purposes..

again what law could have meant that they both want something back.. law could have meant the kids.. and luffy his crew mates body switch..
    Anyone wants to see Law vs Buggy?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Page356
    For me it was rather Odas weak writing on this CC-issue which stuck in my head (after Finale mentioning it). It doesn't rly quite add up for CC to make him worry to be found out and to make him put his initials on his belongings. Both actions are contradicting each other.

Imho Oda sort of messed up or didn't quite think ahead, just like with the talking legs. I mean I believe Oda accidentally had the legs talking, realising that he had to come up with a explanation. I checked the wiki for Tanuki and Kitsune myths relating farts and couldn't find anything xD. So if Im mistaking feel free to correct me, but the fart rly just seemed to be a weak explanation for the talking legs, not related to any myths.

Anyway the CC-thing isn't pointless as u described it, it is completely different from asking "why the 3 Admirals didn't gang up on each Yonko", simply because Oda had to come up with a realm of power relations in conflict, in order for the SHs and their generations (supernova) to break it apart. Different altogether from making two individual statements which are contradicting each other (I.e. carving CC on his stuff yet making him act in secret).

One small correction to my earlier post, Ceaser didn't carve CC on everything. This building has clearly PH written on it xD

Quote Originally Posted by stalin View Post
    i just thought about an answer to the question on how smoker gained consciousness.. its like the thriller bark scenario.. when moria takes someone else's shadow they lose consciousness for a bit and when the shadow is placed on a dead body that dead body comes to life.. tashigi's consciousness was placed on smokers body allowing her to control it..
    I agree, sounds very reasonable. Then again I was never rly bothered with him losing his conscious.
    Last edited by BlackHair; April 15, 2012 at 04:12 PM. Reason: my post belowe explains the crossing out

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Idk where this belongs or if someone already posted it, but seems a pretty good news to share about mangastream hosting scans of jump series again:

Spoiler show

Source: Twitter MS account https://twitter.com/#!/mangastream/s...873728/photo/1
    Last edited by ukimix; April 15, 2012 at 07:52 AM. Reason: adding source

4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Moderator message by: Uriel
    Well, that's not OP related. BUT I'll keep it here anyway. Discussing it is prohibited anyway. So don't tease me. You can discuss it in the Otaku Cafe

And why is everyone obsessed about Tanuki theme? I know, it does look and it's coherent but it's not the only explanation possible.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stalin View Post
    Hm, I'll go with Smoker just got back on Tashigi's feet because he heard Luffy's voice.

Just like the "swordlady with meat" woke up Sanji, Luffy and Zoro when they got stripped off their shadows. (Robin woke up earlier, too since she doesn't sleep much anyways.)

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member UnknownMugiwara's Avatar
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHair View Post
    Imho Oda sort of messed up or didn't quite think ahead, just like with the talking legs. I mean I believe Oda accidentally had the legs talking, realising that he had to come up with a explanation. I checked the wiki for Tanuki and Kitsune myths relating farts and couldn't find anything xD. So if Im mistaking feel free to correct me, but the fart rly just seemed to be a weak explanation for the talking legs, not related to any myths.
    I rememember someone saying that in JUMP the legs had the "-bu" thing (japanese fart sound I believe he said) all the time. It may just have been a translation mistake to not add it in the begining. But yea, Oda can mess up, he is human.. Atleast he tries to fix it instead of just leaving it all messed up (;
    Brook wanted: DEAD OR ALIVE!
    Yohohohohohohoho! Marine Joke!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

At least in ch.656 the translator has kept the -buh at the end... And also while the legs are still attached to the dragon.

IMHO, the MangaStream translation of chapter 655, the "Buh" is missing. But without a raw, I can't check it.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownMugiwara View Post
    I rememember someone saying that in JUMP the legs had the "-bu" thing (japanese fart sound I believe he said) all the time. It may just have been a translation mistake to not add it in the begining. But yea, Oda can mess up, he is human.. Atleast he tries to fix it instead of just leaving it all messed up (;
    My honest mistake. I just checked cnets translations, there is indeed on almost every line "buh" attached to it. So I guess Oda did plan the farts ahead. Well my mistake, I should have paid more attention instead of making conclusions.

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    And why is everyone obsessed about Tanuki theme? I know, it does look and it's coherent but it's not the only explanation possible.
    Its not that Im obsessed or anything. But it seems at the moment as the most popular idea among those who are familiar with the japanese myths.

At first I didn't rly like the idea of him having a fruit, simply because he seemed to be a proud warrior. But I changed my mind as he addressed the devil fruit as a "unusual fruit". Im fairly certain he just ate it by accident. Now since he already has a fruit, I would love him to have a tanuki fruit (instead of a kitsune fruit), just to see Choppers reaction or better the rest of the crews reaction.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner MOYcano 0.23's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Overall this was a great chapter with many plot twist confirmed and many other added. Let's see:

Trafalgar Law's abilities (MES/Scalpel) allow him to remove the heart without killing so, to me he seem to be "a good pirate" in the One Piece sense... since he has a strong sence of honor, doesn't kill his enemies, is often helping the Mugiwaras, and is one of those searching for One Piece. Still, he is an enemy, no doubt there.

Oda make it very clear: M stands for Master (former pirate Brown-beard) who is underling of Caesar Crown, like every one else in the island. Please, stop arguing that: M =/= CC

And the Samurai being a magician? Oda-sama's for the life! Now I'm looking forward to watching him using some crazy ninja-like movements such instantaneously switching himself with a wood chop if he gets hit or something like that.

SALUDOS/REGARDS.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Page356's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MOYcano 0.23 View Post
    Oda make it very clear: M stands for Master (former pirate Brown-beard) who is underling of Caesar Crown, like every one else in the island. Please, stop arguing that: M =/= CC

M is not Brownbeard, but CC. We learn that in Chapter 658 I believe. Brownbeard is instead Boss.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by molecularpepsi View Post
    i've been thinking...
    what if meeting Jinbei and then Law is a pattern that Oda intends to follow with regards to the order of people Luffy will meet post-2yr training gap.

in that case, i predict that after this arc Luffy will run into the following people:
    -Buggy
    -Kizaru
    -Aokiji
    -WB pirates
    -Crocodile
    -?...

as for the next chapter:
    (theory)

i think CC will prove to be a real powerhouse and that he is a level 6 escapee (as someone else has predicted). i think that he ran into Law as he was escaping and before making it to the new world.

Law and CC then formed an alliance (perhaps they each had something the other needed) and formulated a plot to achieve their goals (whatever they may be). this plan included Law becoming a Shichibukai. my guess is that CC was the one who defeated all those frozen prisoners which allowed Law to steal their hearts and send them to the government.

i have no idea how the kids fit into all of this.

on another note, is it just me or is the samurai guy mugiwara material? new crew mate anyone?
    I think it's too son to predict who will be in the next arc. if CC gets defeated and law's crew is rescued,we should see the WG and Akainu. furthermore,since the miniadventures are about to finish,the reverie shouldn't be far.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Leonsagara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

As to why CC put up his symbol in place of PH when he wants to remain incognito, it's probably the case that his anger and jealousy of vegapunk drove him to do it, despite the risk. He probably also thought there wasn't much risk in doing so, since no one is supposed to be allowed on the island and therefore there would have been no witnesses to it.

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHair View Post
    Panel 8, 2nd speech bubble of Smoker: "Before, everything that was used here had PH carved into it". Saying that after mentioning the CC mark on the ship, lets me believe to think Ceaser had the marks replaced. Or maybe as Vegapunk abandoned the facility, he had the PH marks taken down, and Ceasor put his later on. Either way Ceaser put his marks later on, that's for sure. Most likely within the past two years, I mean CC must have taken controljust after Akainus and AoKijis fight.

I have to admit though, I didn't check any other translations as I used to do in the past. Nowadays I just check cnets translation, after reading the version on mangareader. Maybe the translation is off, idk. Cnet should be out next week.
    Nowhere does Smoker imply that the markings were changed on any boats. He simply states that in the past ships used at Punk Hazard had PH carved into it, yet the ship hidden near the entrance had different markings. The implication is much clearer when reading Mangastream's J-Preview. I find that while not horrible, Mangareader's translator writes in a rather bland style of English. Because of this meaning is often more subjective than a CNet translation or Mangastream translation.
    Last edited by Kaiten; April 15, 2012 at 08:05 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MSofAofCOCA's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ehm. Looks like CC potentially has Law's crew captive.
    Also, seeing how Smoker is alive, it is possible that the "100 pirate hearts" that law sent to the WG were acquired the same way he got Smoker's. Meaning, those 100 pirates may still be alive. Though that's a bit weird, knowing a character will be fine w/o a heart if Law cuts it out using his powers...

Eh, I don't remember, but was Punk Hazard one of the 3 possible destinations after Fishmen Island, or did the SH only go there b/c of the SOS call they got?
    Also, what worries me is that Law is on that island in the first place. If Law's crew is not being held hostage and are, in fact, safely somewhere else (which doesn't really make sense, Law doesn't strike me as one who would go on vacay w/o his crew, and especially w/o Bepo), then I guess everything is fine. But if the crew is being held hostage, that means that Law got caught up in the NW really early on! Since this is one of the first few islands, Law would probably have to have been stuck at Punk Hazard for more than a year! Obviously, CC moved to the deserted island after Akainu's and Aokiji's battle, but since I doubt Law would have waited too long to enter the NW, it seems he's been in one place for a pretty long time now.... :C

As to why Law switched Smoker and Tashigi's personalities, I think it was to further incapacitate them. For some reason, he hasn't killed them yet, and even though he claimed he would get rid of SH too if they showed up, he hasn't. In fact, he gave Luffy some advice when they met. I'm thinking Law will try to use SH to help him achieve his goals (possibly rescue his own crew), since I think he's pretty darn aware how strong Luffy can be.

---

Personally, I don't think Law or any of the other Supernovas will challenge the SH right away. At Saboady, many of the Supernova commented on the SH's recklessness, but only Bonney was out-right angry at their actions. If all the Supernovas still remain (supposing Drake didn't get his butt whooped by Kaidou yet, Bonney managed to escape Akainu and the other....eh, slightly weaker looking ones (at least to me) haven't been destroyed in the past two years) I don't think they will act hostile against one another until a bit closer to Raftel.
    According to Crocodile and Moria, the NW changes people and makes them lose sight of their dreams. I'm quite interested to know what dangers the NW could possibly have that made so many pirates turn around. Is it the rough(er) terrain? Are there more ridiculously strong pirates/marines apart from the Yonkou and Supernova that we haven't heard about yet? I mean, I highly doubt there's much that would negatively affect the SH, but the other rival pirate crews do not seem to be as....mentally? strong. After Law, Luffy and Kidd fought at Sabaody, I'm sure that these three would be able to get through the NW just fine, but i'm not so sure about the other crews...

Also, seeing as how Vegapunk has been coming up a lot in the arcs lately, I wonder if the SH will meet him... From the description of CC we got this chapter and of the info we have regarding Vegapunk, it seems to me that CC was exiled(?) for being too violent. Yes, Vegapunk has been making weapons, like the Pacifista, that have enormous destructive power, but what if CC went even beyond that? I mean, i think (i hope) that the WG would have a max limit to the destruction they can cause. I know they're after the lost weapons too, but I feel like CC might've been too crazy even for the government to tolerate.
    On that note, I hope that Vegapunk is more benevolent than not. From what we learned of him from the people of his home island, he was nice before being employed by the world government. The fact that he programmed Kuma to keep one last mission tells me that Vegapunk isn't a complete WG tool. After all, he could have informed the marines of Kuma's request and sent an army to find and destroy Sunny and lay in wait for the SH. But he didn't. I might be too optimistic, but i think that Vegapunk may be a hostage of sorts of the WG. The WG may be set to obliterate anything that opposes them, but I highly doubt they would not make use of a scientist "500 years ahead of his time."

Erm, I feel like I had more to say, but now I can't remember... xD

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MSofAofCOCA View Post
    Eh, I don't remember, but was Punk Hazard one of the 3 possible destinations after Fishmen Island, or did the SH only go there b/c of the SOS call they got?
    No, it was a different one. Here Smoky makes the point.

New Reply
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast