Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma
New Reply

Thread: Toriko 182 Discussion Thread

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Toriko 182 Discussion Thread

This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Toriko!

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
    • For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

Spoiler Pics and Translations:
    • At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
    • This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
    • Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
    • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
    • International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
    • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.

For-Profit Download Links
    • If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
    • Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
    • Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
    • Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
    • Spoiler: list of for-profit sites show

Spoiler: Formatting Spoiler Posts show

---------- Post added February 29, 2012 at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was February 23, 2012 at 02:32 PM ----------
    Last edited by Jorge D. Dragon; April 05, 2012 at 06:15 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Oberon's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 182 Spoiler Thread

PicsVerification: Confirmed
    Source: Juin Jutsu Team
    Credits: Juin Jutsu Team

More Pics Here: Juin Jutsu Team

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Credits to J-preview and Mangastream:
    http://mangastream.com/read/jpreview/18730687/21
    http://mangastream.com/read/jpreview/18730687/22

So it looks like we are going to see some interesting sparing and training for Toriko and it seems that he is going to get some secret tech.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member VashDaStampede's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't want to jinx it, but this is the first time we've actually seen Komatsu do some "training" (I think), so I hope that Komatsu gets an actual "physical" upgrade by the end of this arc. Even if it just makes him stealthy...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shadoguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually hope that Komatsu doesn't get physically stronger. I believe that him being weak will probably be more useful than him being strong, like in the Shining Gourami arc.

Personally, I think that same things that I predicted last time will occur:
    * Komatsu and Toriko temporarily undergo training as disciples in the temple;
    * Both Komatsu and Toriko undergo a food eating ettiquette course;
    * Komatsu also undergos the food preperation and cooking course and learns to use his Derous knife properly;
    * Toriko also undergos a combat course in an attempt to learn to use "Spoon", and maybe even another technique, like "Chopsticks";
    * Komatsu finishes his course before Toriko and goes back to the dissapearance cuisine restaurant;
    * Komatsu discovers that Chiru is a woman and has confidence issues of her own, just like Melk II, and helps her get over them;
    * Toriko finally captures the Bubble Fruit.

In addition:
    * Chiyo either reappears, or the reason behind her dissapearance is revealed;
    * An enemy appears, probably from the Bishokukai, either from the outside or was a spy all along.
    * We get to see a Toriko vs. another person fight again!

P.S.: Did anyone notice that Master ChinChinChin said Toriko's name correctly in the last page? Does that mean that he actually knows their name, but choses not to say it properly?

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

What makes me curious is whether the disappearance cuisine/technique has a relation with the disappearance that Midora can do? We all know that Midora wasn't instantly bad but for some reason I am starting to believe that there's a connection

Anyway, I love this arc because I think that it will bring Komatsu's and Toriko's ingredient knowledge, intuition to a higher level. The temple attacks you, so there's need of some understanding or feeling
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually agree with the thought that an enemy will appear, causing a fight to ensue. Although, I can't expect it to happen at the temple because if Master Chin gets involved there are probably only 5 or so people in the Toriko verse who could even defeat him.
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 182 Discution Thread

Chapter is out on Mangareader
    http://www.mangareader.net/toriko/182

It seems that Food Luck is explained brodlier in the current chapter and it is shown that you need to turn it on all the time to capture Bubble Fruit. And it seems rather interesting and delicate ingridient that won't be easy to capture.
    Also it seems that in the next chapte we are going to see some interesting sparring between Toriko and Shuu the Assistant Master of the Temple.
    Also it seems that Master wants to teach Toriko Spoon and maybe some other techs.

P.S. Also it seems that something bad is happening somewhere and Masten is feeling it.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member VashDaStampede's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm liking this arc so far. I can see them both getting a lot out of this training. Also, even though I know Toriko is focusing on the human world overall first, after the Bubble fruit there's only one more ingredient on the president's list. Technically after that Toriko is ready for the Gourmet World. But I'm sure we'll get a nice long arc on the President's full course and some other things before that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoguardian View Post
    I actually hope that Komatsu doesn't get physically stronger. I believe that him being weak will probably be more useful than him being strong, like in the Shining Gourami arc.

* Komatsu also undergos the food preperation and cooking course and learns to use his Derous knife properly;
    I see what you are saying, but how will Komatsu make it in the Gourmet World without getting physically stronger? With the way the Gourmet World has been presented to us so far, I don't think there's gonna be many spots (if any) where Komatsu, at his current physical level, can just run off and get an ingredient like he did with the Shining Gourmai. And I definitely don't want to see Komatsu strapped to Toriko's back in a bulletproof suit with an oxygen leaf over his mouth the whole time they are in the Gourmet World.

Also I put physical in quotations because I don't necessarily mean that he'll be able fight off a wild beasts barehanded. I mean stuff like him learning how NOT to breathe white breath in cold places, or like you said, him learning how to use the Melk knife better. I can see him using that to fend for himself.

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, maybe this current arc will allow Komatsu to go to Gourmet world. He is already able to hear the ingredients. He is on the verge of entering a new stage because he has to honour the ingredient and thus he needs to appreciate its life. I think that a cook's strength in Toriko verse is more focused on their skills which relate to their knowledge of food and ingredients whereas Bishokuya's skills relate with their intuition given by the ingredients. I really believe the intuition training Sani got, was somewhat implicitly hinting towards that.

Komatsu has to improve his ingredients knowledge whereas Toriko has to improve his ingredients intuition... Their training will always have a different result
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

We still haven't found out who's food memory Toriko took from Livebearers vault right?

Toriko needs to conquer the 100level beast, the final ingredient on the list like you said.

If we are going into the Presidents full course I am sure we would need to meet those top chefs whom heard the ingredients voice first for mini arcs, and then cook them.
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope their trining won't be only based on Etiquet and will also make them stronger as fighters, cause Komatsu as he is now can't go to Gourmet World, because he is literary a dead weight. He can't do a thing and can't resist to any change of enviroment, thus I can't see him going to Gourmet World. The same Setsuno was and is at least around Toriko's current level or maybe even stronger than he is now, thus she was able to go to Gourmet World and face difficult situation and oponents. Toriko can't always protect Komatsu, so I hope he will become at least considerably stronger, than he is now.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    I hope their trining won't be only based on Etiquet and will also make them stronger as fighters, cause Komatsu as he is now can't go to Gourmet World, because he is literary a dead weight. He can't do a thing and can't resist to any change of enviroment, thus I can't see him going to Gourmet World. The same Setsuno was and is at least around Toriko's current level or maybe even stronger than he is now, thus she was able to go to Gourmet World and face difficult situation and oponents. Toriko can't always protect Komatsu, so I hope he will become at least considerably stronger, than he is now.
    Lol Setsuno is far above current Toriko's level.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shadoguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Hopeful Personal Predictions:
    * Personally, I hope that after Komatsu finishes training at the Shokurin temple, he'll take a stab at cooking Ichiryuu's full course ingredients.
    * We'll see the mystery of the Brain Data that Toriko was interested in.
    * Before Toriko and Komatsu leave for the Gourmet World, that Komatsu competes in the chef tournament mentioned by Mansam.

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Demon Roronoa Zoro
    I'm not sure if she is actually far above him now. I would have agreed with your statement during Ice Hell Arc, but now... I don't think that she is that far from him. I would say that at least in terms of physical strength he should be considerably above. I see her as more experienced and her body with Gourmet Cells are more adopted to all the enviroments and her Gourmet Cells should be more developed than Toriko's, but I believe that in one on one he might have a chance now.

About going to Gourmet World... I don't believe that it will be soon. I believe we might see some more Arcs in which Toriko will try to find other good ingridients from Human World and finally conquer Human World. Then he should fight that 100 Level beast and only then he will go to Gourmet World. Also I hope he won't go alone, but he will team up with other Heavingly Kings.

New Reply