Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)

View Poll Results: The Prisoner or The Warden

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Firefist Portgas D. Ace

20 62.50%
  • The Great Purple Warden Magallen

12 37.50%
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Ace vs. Magallen

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RezzieThaRapper's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ace vs. Magallen

Had Ace been freed in Impel Down, we would have most definitely seen this battle...

Fight Takes Place On Level 4 (Flaming Hell)

Who thinks Ace will succeed where his brother once failed...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have an opinionDon't hate me for it...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Franckie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ace vs. Magallen

Magellan has no means to bypass logia-intangibility and his destructive power pales in comparison to Ace's. Ace wins this match.

3. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Dunno, I would go for magellan in this case. Magellan has plenty of liquid poison so to speak. As long as he avoids the ones that are in any form flammable he is bound to get affected by it as much as anyone else regardless of intangibility. Ace has some pretty powerful techniques and area of effect though. I would lean towards magellan or a tie however ace winning the fight seems rather unlikely.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Magellan's poisons fog takes Ace air to breath. Magellan wins.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Ace wins pretty clear. His body is intangible, and there is no poison nor venom that can withstand heat, or Ace blasts it away with Hiken or Enkai Hibashira - end of story. Magellan has shown no sign of Haki, so logia outrules paramecia.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I personally think Ace wins this . His DF is a powerful one and can't compare with Magellan's DF IMO

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Anduren's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

In a one on one Ace vs. Magallen battle, Ace would most definitely win, assuming that the battle takes place in an open space where his heat can blast away any poisonous gas and he has the ability to get away from Magallen's ability to poison everything he touches (including the ground).

On the other hand, if the situation is as stated, inside Impel Down, after Luffy, Ivankov, etc. has freed him, Ace would most likely lose. Basically, the whole reason Luffy broke into Impel Down was to break Ace out meaning no-one with Luffy would leave Ace to deal with Magallen alone (Breaking in would've been pointless if they have to go back in to get Ace in the off chance he loses). This would lead to Ace having to protect Luffy, Jinbei, and others who can be affected by the poison. Considering Ace's personality and what happened with Akainu, he would probably end up poisoned to protect Luffy.

But like I said.....if those above mentioned restrictions weren't there, Ace has a good chance to beat Magallen .

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

There is nothing in the manga showing us that heat is something useful against Magellan. Magellan gave a proper spanking to characters like Emporio Ivankov or Blackbeard. Guys like Crocodile & Jinbei knew that the best thing to do was to run away. Magellan is the closest thing to Amiral level among marines.
    And you also have to consider that Magellan needs to touch Ace only once & the fight is over.

Of course, Ace will win the poll ... but do you consider what we have seen about him in a fight or his "D"/coolness factor ? Because, in a fight, he got destroyed by Whitebeard, Blackbeard & Akainu. He did a stalemate against Jinbei & his only wins were against fodder. Magellan, on the other hand, was & still is an unstoppable machine.

Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anduren View Post
    In a one on one Ace vs. Magallen battle, Ace would most definitely win, assuming that the battle takes place in an open space where his heat can blast away any poisonous gas and he has the ability to get away from Magallen's ability to poison everything he touches (including the ground).
    Ace can fly with his abilities. This is shown when he tries to stab the sleeping Whitebeard. So attacks from the ground shouldn't be a problem.

Considering Ace's personality and what happened with Akainu, he would probably end up poisoned to protect Luffy.
    The thing with Akainu was that Ace's DF power was already useless against Akainu. Therefore Ace shielded Luffy with his body. But with Magellan, Ace wouldn't have to do anything else but "Hiken" Magellan and any of his attacks from Luffy away... With his signature move that he used to destroy a whole fleet of BW ships.
    Last edited by hoeru; March 06, 2012 at 03:53 AM.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think the situation would be as easy as ace simply blasting away poison. Granted that should be a viable option in certain cases but we also have to that magellan has several kinds of poison and as much volume as he could possibly need. Magellan has plenty of poison which is liquid and non-flamable, if such a poison touches ace then he will unquestionably get poisoned and die even if he does indeed manage to kill magellan before that. Poison is not something you can simply tank through, the moment ace breathes or touches anything he basically dies shortly after. Kinjite is not something to make fun of either, and it has volume and a certain 1 hit KO thing. I really don't see ace getting out of this one without being hit at least once, it makes no sense considering the volume and scale of magellan's attacks.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@hoeru
    You're right about Ace being able to fly, and being on the ground isn't a problem for him because of this as you say. However, since the battle takes place on level 4 of Impel Down (which is a closed space under water with no ventilation), Ace is handicapped by the limited air supply that he can breath if Magallen poisons the air. Piling on, he's further handicapped by others he will have to protect (like Luffy and possibly Jinbei) not only from Magallen's poison but also from his own flames keeping him from using full power as well as keeping in mind that Magallen will use whatever means necessary to recapture Ace (including attacking his brother).

These are just a few more reasons why the specific conditions of the battle are very important for how it ends. If Ace and Magallen fought at the Impel Down entrance then Ace could easily hover over the calm belt and not have to be stuck in a confined space filled with poisonous gas fighting Magallen and burn him to a crisp.

Although a minor detail, I'm also not sure how Magallen's Kinjite would react to flame. If it can poison the flame (who knows? anythings possible in One Piece ) then Ace is done for. If not, then Magallen has no way to harm Ace except by going after his friends.

Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I don't think the situation would be as easy as ace simply blasting away poison. Granted that should be a viable option in certain cases but we also have to that magellan has several kinds of poison and as much volume as he could possibly need. Magellan has plenty of poison which is liquid and non-flamable, if such a poison touches ace then he will unquestionably get poisoned and die even if he does indeed manage to kill magellan before that. Poison is not something you can simply tank through, the moment ace breathes or touches anything he basically dies shortly after. Kinjite is not something to make fun of either, and it has volume and a certain 1 hit KO thing. I really don't see ace getting out of this one without being hit at least once, it makes no sense considering the volume and scale of magellan's attacks.
    Sure Ace can blast away Magellan's poison. Ivankov's Death Wink prove to be effective against the hydra heads. So liquid poisons are no match for Ace. Hibashira or Hiken and Magellan's stuff is gone. The liquid doesn't have to be flammable: Ace pushes it with the pressure of his flames away. The more liquids Magellan produces, the more flames Ace use to counter. Even if Magellan attacked from all sides: Ace goes Hibashira, and scatters the poison.

@hoeru
    You're right about Ace being able to fly, and being on the ground isn't a problem for him because of this as you say. However, since the battle takes place on level 4 of Impel Down (which is a closed space under water with no ventilation), Ace is handicapped by the limited air supply that he can breath if Magallen poisons the air.
    If he needs to breathe while in "elemental state"... Once Logia users are intangible, there's virtually nothing but Kairoseki or Haki or Blackbeard's power to touch them. Enel wasn't quite afraid of the vacuum in space for example, was he?

Additionally, Level 4 isn't sealed shut nor reached Magellan's gas through the whole level. There's still a huge hole above to Level 3.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Impel Down's level 4 is connected to level 3 so that the heat of Inferno Hell rises up to level 3 making it dry and setting it up to be the Starvation Hell. Then there's the gigantic fan that is used for ventilation meant to direct the rising hot air/smoke up to level 3. I read this info from the One Piece Wikia to refresh my memory, though I didn't see anywhere it say where the air comes from to ventilate level 4 or below. Thermodynamically, (since we're talking about heat) this isn't possible in reality because like I said, Impel Down is underwater and there's no air coming in to level 6, 5, 4 etc. and whatever air that has to get there has to come from the top at level 1 and move down. At least, in such a case, the air in level 5 and 6 and to some extent, level 4 would be stale. It's also a thermodynamic nightmare how its possible to have a heat gap between Freezing Hell right below Inferno Hell. But I'm starting to go off topic .

Anyways, its also true there's no evidence Ace needs to breath while hes in his flame state.... that still doesn't mean he will let everyone who came to rescue him die of poison gas while he's fighting Magallen.
    Last edited by Anduren; March 06, 2012 at 04:29 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RezzieThaRapper's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ace isn't protecting anyone... the stage for the fight is just Level 4... I have no mention of protecting anyone in the OP
    I have an opinionDon't hate me for it...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for the misunderstanding

Quote Originally Posted by RezzieThaRapper View Post
    Had Ace been freed in Impel Down, we would have most definitely seen this battle...

Fight Takes Place On Level 4 (Flaming Hell)

Who thinks Ace will succeed where his brother once failed...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The bolded part in the above quote is the situation that would lead to Ace having to protect anyone since Luffy and the gang would've been the ones who freed him. i.e. if Ace freed himself, on the other hand, that'd be different. But I guess its just a matter of wording for the fight's setup

In other words, Had Ace been freed in Impel Down, the battle we would've seen would be: Ace, Luffy, Galdino, Bon Clay, Buggy and possibly Jinbei running into Magallen as they were trying to get out of Impel Down leading to an Ace vs. Magallen battle.
    Last edited by Anduren; March 06, 2012 at 07:47 PM.

New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast