Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma , One Piece 764 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 63 of 74 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 73 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakuman by Ohba Tsugumi and Obata Takeshi

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bakuman 174 Discussion / 175 Predictions

Bakuman Part 2: The dream to make the ultimate anime!

I liked the chapter, wish we could get a one-shot of Reversi. It looks really cool.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tkae View Post
    That was awesome.

Though the ending of Reversi is much shorter than when Eiji ended Crow.

And I was really expecting a fight between the Editor in Chief and the Anime Staff... but it was too convenient for me, I was expecting some arguments about it.

Well, this makes it much closer to Azuki and Mashiro's wedding. I cannot wait for it... but I hope it is not the end of it. Even if the dream is fulfilled, I wish to see the life of a married mangaka. And Ohba-sensei and Obata-sensei could probably end it with Mashiro and Miho's kid having a dream of being a mangaka... something like that.
    I'm actually really glad there weren't too many problems with editorial about ending Reversi. The last thing we need is to stretch out this part of the manga. Hopefully we'll be well on our way to ending it the main story arc and then maybe a Bakuman F (Future arc XDD )

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member sir_arles's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I really like the way Bakuaman is heading to the finish line.
    I agree with the guys about L and Raito's death. I'm glad that they could show that authors and publishers clash about endings and continuations. This is a work of fiction, so this time the mangaka's won =P

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Woah,was that Ryu Shizuka???Seems Ohba did not forget him!

Really enjoyed this chapter!Got no complaints.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member OtakuModeEngage's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Darnn, three of my post were deleted, and I had just made 200 too! lol So prediction time, what is there left to say? They've beat Eiji for the first time, made an amazing manga that had overtaken the 'Big Three' for the entire time that it was published -and will therefore be a timeless classic, held in high regard far into the future-, Azuki obtained the role of the heroin, an amazing anime will be produced, the fans mangakas and editorial staff love them, and judging by what Hatori said, they will continue to cop out amazing short pieces the likes of Reversi; I think that about raps everything up, all that remains is the wedding! This is it, only a hand-fold of chapters remains. Its been fun Bakuman, and I'll be sure to reread you in the future until the volumes fall apart form ware.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I found it really cool how they showed all of the major mangaka reading Reversi's final chapter. The fact that we saw them makes it very apparent that the series is close to ending.

Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bakuman 175 Spoiler Thread

8. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

You can definitely tell it's ending soon given how many random minor characters made an appearance with this chapter. I also really like the moment between Mashiro and Miyoshi. It's very sweet ^o^

Can't wait til someone translates it so I actually know what's being said lol

Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity alphabeta's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Untill I read the translation, I proclaim the Ashirogi/Eiji meeting as the highlight of this chapter. It's very likely that I'm wrong, but from what I've seen, Ashirogi beat Eiji in volume sales with a 120 vs 100 score and in the very meeting scene in the editors' HQ it seemed like Eiji proclaimed to have 300 million(?) volumes sales in the future.

I might be wrong though >_>.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner azeriraz's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by protomelvin View Post
    You can definitely tell it's ending soon given how many random minor characters made an appearance with this chapter. I also really like the moment between Mashiro and Miyoshi. It's very sweet ^o^

Can't wait til someone translates it so I actually know what's being said lol
    I think next chapter they have a centre colour meant to celebrate Mashiro's proposal to Miho. Oh and it looks like Bakuman will end in the next few weeks since Jump has just cancelled two other series and are looking to start 3 new ones in a bit.
    animeaura.com

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azeriraz View Post
    I think next chapter they have a centre colour meant to celebrate Mashiro's proposal to Miho. Oh and it looks like Bakuman will end in the next few weeks since Jump has just cancelled two other series and are looking to start 3 new ones in a bit.
    I hope they get Lead Colour for their last chapter, which should be coming up. Bakuman deserves nothing less!!

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alphabeta View Post
    it seemed like Eiji proclaimed to have 300 million(?) volumes sales in the future.

Another way of Ohba saying Eiji is Oda in Bakuman.

Quote Quote:
    In 2010, Shueisha announced that they sold over 260 million volumes of One Piece manga so far; volume 61 set a new record for the highest initial print run of any book in Japan in history with 3.8 million copies (the previous record belonging to volume 60 with 3.4 million copies). Volume 60 is the first book to sell over two million copies in its opening week on Japan's Oricon book rankings. One Piece is currently ranked as the best-selling series of all time in manga history.
    Last edited by sekida; April 13, 2012 at 01:18 AM.

17. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    I won't comment until I read a summery this time, because other than what seems to be a victory against Eiji, I can't really tell whats going down. I hope Aoki isn't breaking up with Himorri

---------- Post added at 10:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

so why did two people post links to raws???
    Last edited by Knifeshade; April 12, 2012 at 06:04 PM.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Knifeshade's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

spoiler summary
    Chapter 175: Release Day and Last Night.

Release day, or launch date, refers to the day Volume 5 and 6 of Reversi goes on sale.
    Last night is referring to the night before the anime airs, and also the night before Mashiro will propose to Azuki.

The final volume of Reversi goes on sale with an initial 920,000 figure. Not enough to beat Eiji with his 1.2 million sales figure.
    But later on, they finally catch up and surpass after a first and second reprint (first reprint with entire volumes too btw). Final figures are Reversi with 1.22 million and ZG with 1.2 million.

Shujin: "We. Did. It." Takagi is excited they finally surpassed Eiji and that his goal was accomplished (his present to Mashiro).

(BTW, when Mashiro asked to borrow money, seems like it was a house after all, according to one panel where Kaya talks about "house will be nearly finished around August")

Ashirogi Muto goes into Shueisha (Hattori called them up on page 2) to see Heishi, while there they see Eiji just before he leaves to go to Studio 92 to talk about anime works. Before he leaves, he tells Ashirogi Muto he's gonna make ZG sell 3 million copies. Which Ashirogi Muto responds they'll make their next work sell 3.5 million then.

Cue panels of various mangakas.

Iwase wants to work on a new series that will be better than +Natural. Looks like Kosugi is her editor or something now?
    Fukuda and co. is on a "date" with a bunch of accountants.
    Takahama smiles to himself like a dork.
    Hiramaru wants a plate with their wedding photo on it. Aoki and Yoshida doesn't think it's a good idea...
    Shizuka Ryu is acting like an idiot once again.

The night before the anime airs....

Mashiro thanks Kaya. For coming up with the name Ashirogi Muto.
    Azuki tells her mom that Mashiro will be coming to see her tomorrow.
    Mashiro in his room looks at his uncle's journal (I think it's that journal anyway).

- - - - - - - - -

Mashiro: "Uncle...

..though it's not my strength alone...

...Shujin..Hattori-san...Kaya..Azuki...

..I had a lot of help...

...at the very least, I can say I'm the top mangaka of Jump at this moment...

...and I walked down this path and never looked back..

..was because of uncle and nobody else...

...so uncle, the things you couldn't accomplish and the things you wanted to accomplish, let me make them a reality now!!"

(slanted text: DREAMS BECOME REALITY! NEXT CHAPTER, CENTRE COLOUR PAGE)

Next chapter will no doubt focus on Mashiro's proposal. We'll finally see what Mashiro has been preparing, and maybe a few panels of the Reveri anime.
    Last edited by Knifeshade; April 12, 2012 at 05:59 PM.
    -

20. Thanks 6 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well this finalizes it, Ashigori Muto has beat Eiji, Mashiro and Azuki have a house for when they are married, and he will propose to her tomorrow; I think next weeks chapter will be absolutely brilliant. A proposal, and maybe even the wedding!! I can't see Bakuman going on longer than five more weeks or so, which is rather odd considering I bought my first four volumes today. It's kind of a sad lonely feeling, knowing this manga I've loved for so long a time will end, but I'll be sure to treasure it from here on out, especially if the ending is anything like we are anticipating. I can't wait for the release of next weeks chapter, how will Mashiro propose?! While it may be no more than a formality, as they have practically been engaged since middle school, I can't help but to hope he does something romantic. Ganbatte Mashiro!

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by alphabeta View Post
    Untill I read the translation, I proclaim the Ashirogi/Eiji meeting as the highlight of this chapter. It's very likely that I'm wrong, but from what I've seen, Ashirogi beat Eiji in volume sales with a 120 vs 100 score and in the very meeting scene in the editors' HQ it seemed like Eiji proclaimed to have 300 million(?) volumes sales in the future.

XD, I thought the same, but after reading the translation I believe the highlight is the foreshadowing of next weeks proposal (the following day in the Manga).
    Last edited by OtakuModeEngage; April 12, 2012 at 06:00 PM.

New Reply
Page 63 of 74 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 73 ... LastLast