Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Liar Game Chapter 152 Discussion/153 Prediction

Der blaue Denker MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Liar Game Chapter 152 Discussion/153 Prediction

This is the thread where you discuss the current chapter of Liar Game.
    24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

---------- Post added at 04:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 AM ----------

Gah, the chapters seem to have taken a bit of a stroll around. The next one will be out in two weeks. These semi-breaks are really annoying and the release dates are all messed up, it is hard to keep track of releases. So this chapter we got a calm transit chapter onto the next game, the twist where Akiyama and Nao could not cooperate did not happen, even though it may be foreshadowing for something that might happen between the two in future times. Akiyama and Harimoto are both secure with two lots.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Liar Game Chapter 152 Discussion/153 Prediction

Apparently the chapter of Liar Game that was supposed to be out this week isn't going to be.

From TDX's website:
    Quote Quote:
    Liar Game should've returned this week, but it won't. A note on the official YJ site says, "Liar Game, scheduled to be published in this issue, will not appear. Please understand". It does not specify when LG returns now... And now we can cry together and hope it appears in the next week's issue.
    If it was any other author, I wouldn't be worried, but with the long hiatus and the apparent lack of dedication by the author to the series, starting to get worried about now would not be unreasonable.

I've been more vocal than most about my disappointment with how Liar Game has returned and I would not be surprised if that has something to do with what is going on. If the return has struggled with rankings and sales (I haven't seen any info on that, and IIRC, the public only finds things like that out months after the fact), I wouldn't be surprised if there was some last ditch effort being planned to right the ship.

I suppose he could just be sick or something, but when chapters have been missed in Shonen Jump due to illness, they are usually pretty forthcoming. The Young Jump explanation is ominous in its lack of explanation.
    Last edited by Reclaimer; April 12, 2012 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Added some thoughts

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Galactic Tomahawk's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't jump to conclusions when we don't know much about the situation.

Don't forget that he's running multiple manga right now too.
    Last edited by Galactic Tomahawk; April 13, 2012 at 11:05 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't jumping to conclusions. I was speculating and reading into a vague statement using the author's history as a lens of interpretation.

The delay could be nothing or it could be very significant. If it was almost any other author, it wouldn't be significant.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that could kinda work both ways, because he also takes breaks all the time so it could just be more of that.

But we'll see, of course.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Galactic Tomahawk View Post
    I think that could kinda work both ways, because he also takes breaks all the time so it could just be more of that.

But we'll see, of course.
    If you were the publisher, would you let an author take an extended indefinite hiatus approximately 15 chapters, in the middle of an arc I might add, after taking a hiatus that lasted over a year?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

As soon as a two week break came up, I knew there will be something wrong, as I wrote in my first post, we are not really sure what to expect about releases now. All we have to do is wait, but I am confident and optimistic we will return to the good old ways we started after the return.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    If you were the publisher, would you let an author take an extended indefinite hiatus approximately 15 chapters, in the middle of an arc I might add, after taking a hiatus that lasted over a year?
    Wouldn't be impossible, if an author is popular enough then they can get a lot of leeway.

But I meant more that given his already inconsistent release schedule and the fact that he's doing multiple series at once, I could buy that he just slipped up and missed a deadline. He'd obviously be punished for that, but it wouldn't be a death sentence for something like Liar Game (which is still selling about the same as it usually does).

If it's gone for several weeks then something's obviously up, but I'm more inclined to assume it's something simple right now.
    Last edited by Galactic Tomahawk; April 19, 2012 at 12:58 AM.

Translator/Moderator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kaitani-sensei said tweeted he would have a break for a while but try to return. He is visiting a hospital, and I hope his health issue is not a long-term problem.
    Last edited by mikkih; April 19, 2012 at 09:17 AM. Reason: strikethrough
    Translators' Academy l Translators' Classroom
    Play Japanese shiritori word game!
    [NEW] Shiritori Word Chain Thread @TA Classroom
    Check out out new Summer Threads @TA Classroom!

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I think any comment will be too much, since if it is health issues, it is more than understandable if the break takes weeks, months, as long as it takes. I hope everyone will join me and as mikkih said to hope for the best and to wish Kaitani best of luck with his recovery.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

That sucks

Hope he gets better soon

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If the publishers knew that health issues were the cause of the absence, I'm surprised at how vaguely they worded the message conveying the continued absence of liar game. No one is going to legitimately argue that an author's health does not take priority over their series, so people would understand that Liar Game would be put on hold while he is in the hospital. If you know that and you know that people will understand, I cannot understand how you take a chance at alienating an already wary and shell shocked fan base.

TDX notes that there is no chapter in this week's magazine, and that next week's is a double issue, so the series is unlikely to return for at least 3 weeks. If the health issue is ongoing or extremely serious (him going to the hospital would make me think it is, but I'm just basing that on health care practices in the US where you only go to the hospital for serious medical issues. I cannot comment on how health care works in Japan. Maybe people go to the hospital more often in Japan?), then who knows when Liar Game returns.

Translator/Moderator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@Reclaimer

Kaitani-sensei is NOT hospitalized. He's been has also been working on other titles and putting many hours towards his work. I don't visit TDX so I cannot comment anything on their posts, but the way Kaitani-sensei tweeted on April 18th concerned me: "Throughout the day, I wished if I had more power to pay back to many people. I am going to the hospital tomorrow." This is the reason behind my post hoping that he was not diagnosed for any long-term illnesses. The Liar Game movie is still in the theater, a big hit by the way, and his other manga title (Vol.1/ 7 chapters) has just been released. He has a lot of things going on now, so I am hoping that no actual health issue is involved, and would rather simply congratulate him for his achievements and wish for the best.

edit/add: He is in a very good spirit in the past couple of days.

---------- Post added April 21, 2012 at 10:28 AM ---------- Previous post was April 20, 2012 at 08:17 AM ----------

UPDATES
    Kaitani-sensei tweeted 5 minutes ago that he was working on a Liar Game chapter.
    LG will restart
    Last edited by mikkih; April 20, 2012 at 08:52 AM.
    Translators' Academy l Translators' Classroom
    Play Japanese shiritori word game!
    [NEW] Shiritori Word Chain Thread @TA Classroom
    Check out out new Summer Threads @TA Classroom!

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mikkih View Post
    UPDATES
    Kaitani-sensei tweeted 5 minutes ago that he was working on a Liar Game chapter.
    LG will restart
    So, this all dissolves into a much ado about nothing caused by terrible PR by the magazine. I just can't comprehend that a publishing company would be so lackadaisical in assuaging people that this was not a serious issue as the author has repeatedly gone on very long hiatuses.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

All in all three weeks without Liar Game, but I agree that it should have been made more clearer on why this mini hiatus was taken previously, the whole health issue is a massive mistake and a clear example of disinformation. :/

I hope they do not think that if LG becomes irregular it will lose fans, so no one will care anymore about it.

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast