Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 601 by BadKarma , Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Liar Game Chapter 152 Discussion/153 Prediction

The Viennese Pixie 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Liar Game Chapter 152 Discussion/153 Prediction

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Josef K. View Post
    Last published in #17.
    Set to return in #39. (To be published 8/23)

That puts the hiatus at 5 and halfish months.

Scanlator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member andysislands's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome, I look forward to getting back into the series again. But strangely, this 5 months didn't seem that long!

(Probably since all it took was that I was looking into the possibility of scanlating "Welcome to the Winner's Circle" as a hold over since I'll be getting JUMPX on a regular basis.)
    That huge Hiroyuki Takei fan, who's has been around for a long, long time....

The Viennese Pixie 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, it was quick, we got updates on the status here and there and had hope I guess? xD Anyway I have to get ready for the continuation while reading the last few chapters of the newest arc, we really lost momentum here, I think hiatus mid arc is killer, still I think it will be off for a nice continuation.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if we are ever going to learn what really went on here. (Answer: we won't) The hiatus was clearly not planned by either side originally, so there is a question of how it even happened in the first place.

Hypothetical series of events:
    1) Planned 2 week break
    2) X happens which causes the break to extend.
    3) The publisher decides to officially put Liar Game on hiatus and replace it in the magazine with something permanent and restart the series when something else ends/is cancelled.
    4) Author is able to return to work
    5) Liar Game is set to restart.

The question is what X was and why the publisher decided to go from a mini-hiatus to a full blown official hiatus. They clearly originally expected X to be resolved sooner than it was or they would have gone on an official hiatus a lot sooner than it did, but X also likely resolved itself sooner than their revised expectations because the author has been working on chapters for months and they didn't immediately restart it. (The fact that Kaitani said he was working on Liar Game something like 3 weeks after the original 2-week mini-break is the big flaw in my hypothetical series of events, but that could have been explained by whatever actually happened)

To bring that from idle speculation to actually having relevance to the series: Other than what went on during the original hiatus (it was explained as the standard information gathering for the plot), there is unlikely to have been any major shifts in the plan for this arc. I don't know if Kaitani was doing chapters every week, but from what I read, it seemed like he was writing chapters periodically, possibly weekly originally if he intended to try to get it to restart immediately, which means that there wasn't likely a disproportionate amount of downtime to spend trying to save the arc.

That's a problem as I'm of the opinion that the arc has no where to go since the only characters that it wouldn't be insanely retarded to see discard cards are those with multiple lots (off the top of my head that is Akiyama and Harimoto). I suppose characters could try to convince others to discard specific cards as part of a partial lot swap, but as the only smart play is to try to not get in last place which simply means they need to have 5 cards and the characters don't trust each other anymore, a character successfully convincing another to go along with that might disgust me as much as veterans of at least 4 games (technically 5 if you assume that everyone, including the new characters in this group, participated in a pre-round to the previous game) falling for the basic principle of slight of hand. (Harimoto's distraction deception)

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Great news!

I wonder if the author used that time to think about the next game, because this game will certainly not be very long, and it would be a shame to only have a few chapters before he goes back into another hiatus to prepare the next game...

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't imagine that the publishers would let Kaitani take another hiatus so soon. If he doesn't already know what is going to happen for the next game, he should use the time that his backlog of completed chapters affords him to think of one. If that isn't enough, he needs to be slapped and the publishers cancel the series.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Strange that no news from TDX scans(the scan group of LG) on the return, I have no doubt they are continuing it, they are quite regular with everything they do, the lack of news is a bit odd, but still, it should be back with a regular spoiler and scan period like the ones before the hiatus.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Well the raws are available, but it's hard to understand what exactly is going on...

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

From TDX:

Quote Quote:
    Yes, we know Liar Game restarts this Thursday. We're all fired up and ready, worry not.

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3