Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Please Stop Your Worrying!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Please Stop Your Worrying!

Some of y'all are getting too paranoid about the 2011 anime catching up to the manga
    because of Togashi's hiatus. I'm quite confident that this will NOT happen. It's not going
    to be the 1999 series again where they have to cancel it halfway through. The 2011
    series is currently at chapter 42. The manga is at chapter 340. That's a 298 chapter buffer.
    With approx 2 episodes for each episode that's 149 episodes or 149 weeks before
    Hunter x Hunter anime catches up to chapter 340. That's 2 years and 8 months
    before the anime gets to chapter 340 and this is assuming the anime doesn't skip weeks
    or have fillers. More likely it will be about 3 years before we get to chapter 340.

Even if Togashi takes a year long break he will still have a 2 year buffer.
    Even if Togashi takes a two year long break he will still have a 1 year buffer.

So stop your worrying.

This is a public service annoucement from Mrsticky005

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Pokymonn's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Please Stop Your Worrying!

I'm still worrying about the censorship and it won't stop until they move the show to a later timeslot

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pokymonn View Post
    I'm still worrying about the censorship and it won't stop until they move the show to a later timeslot
    Well that's a different topic.

However realize the anime has been getting more violent.

Basically episode 14 and up has done pretty well for censorship.
    Is it on par with the manga violence wise? No. But it's not the kiddie fare that
    many make it out to be. And remember that the manga is REALLY violent.

Seriously for those who thought the 1999 Hunter x Hunter anime was violent.
    The manga makes it (and the 2011 so far) look TAME. The manga is brutal.

Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually Gon was more beat up by Canary in the 1999 version than in the new one. However, apart from that, I agree with you

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheAmericandream's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, Gon's pummeled face did have me worried, but in general when I think of violence in the 1999 version I think it doesn't get violent till late Zoldyck arc, whereas in the manga its pretty brutal from the start. The new anime has done just as good in some areas a lot better in terms of censorship (Hisoka vs former examineer episode 10)

I do however still hope for a later timeslot especially when it gets to Yorkshin and the Chimera Ants. Mostly because I just don't know what is acceptable today and what isn't. So far dialogue wise nothings been cut in attempt to "lighten the tone" as far as anyones noticed has it? I think honestly that's what I'd be more worried about, a large part of the dark atmosphere of Hunter X Hunter is in what is said more so then what is seen. Like when Feitan talks about torture, or we hear about the television interviewer who got her top half bitten off by Leol. You don't see these horrible acts but you are forced to think about them when they're mentioned. I'd more much more upset if stuff like that got censored to lighten the tone.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

As far as censorship, Gon's beat up face is actually got a lot of dirt on it. Many mistake the dirt for blood. In both he states hes getting dirt on his face. When you see his face in 99 you see some dark brown stuff on his face and some small patches of pinkish/red blood (very little actually). The 99 series just heaps on the dirt, even calls it dirt, but many people mistake it for blood even though it is not blood like. 2011 series instead makes the dirt a lighter brown. This is something people should be considering when thinking about the censorship as there wasnt really anything majorly censored.

As for episode count, we got a long long way to go. Also gotta take into account that sometimes 1 chapter will be adapted into 1 episode instead of 2 (like what happened last ep of Zoldyck arc).

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope this will refresh your memory
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcZm_G8tdm0

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope this will refresh your memory
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcZm_G8tdm0
    Thanks for posting mate, as you guys can see, Gon has primarily dirt on his face. Not blood. Also the lines are darker because of the hand drawn art style. Don't be confused both versions feature the same thing, just with different effect for the dirt. Thanks again Pokeymonn!

Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

You're welcome but anyway from my point of view the '99 one is more graphic, due to Gon spitting blood and having it pour from his mouth. Moreover the blood on his face, obviously where he's got it, is more reddish. However, I'm astonished that they've censored this stuff, because in the next episode which is a filler, the amount of violence is way more significant, with blood everywhere and even a kid getting stabbed. It's hard for me to understand their approach. Maybe it depends to a certain extent on the person who's responsible for the key animations of the episode, but that's just my speculation.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

You're welcome but anyway from my point of view the '99 one is more graphic, due to Gon spitting blood and having it pour from his mouth. Moreover the blood on his face, obviously where he's got it, is more reddish. However, I'm astonished that they've censored this stuff, because in the next episode which is a filler, the amount of violence is way more significant, with blood everywhere and even a kid getting stabbed. It's hard for me to understand their approach. Maybe it depends to a certain extent on the person who's responsible for the key animations of the episode, but that's just my speculation.
    I thought he spat dirt out :S

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Netero's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm actually surprised that the 1999 series couldn't get away with more violence considering their time slot was around 6:30pm.

HUNTER x HUNTER
    Isaac Netero

"That's A Bad Move... Little Ant"

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Netero View Post
    I'm actually surprised that the 1999 series couldn't get away with more violence considering their time slot was around 6:30pm.
    That's actually a rather interesting point. 2011 has so far featured more and more uncensored violence post-heart rip. Where as 99 became generally all over the place after heart rip.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually Gon was more beat up by Canary in the 1999 version than in the new one. However, apart from that, I agree with you

True it was. But I never said that scene was more violent in the 2011 version.

Believe it or not there have been more violent scenes in 2011 than 1999
    just as 1999 has some more violent scenes than the 2011.

But my main point still stands that both 1999 and 2011 are tame compared to the manga.

Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

Lets patiently wait for Hisoka vs. Kastro. I've checked the manga recently and there are 2 chapters worth of material for their fight . However, I wonder if they could get away without censoring it a lot.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Lets patiently wait for Hisoka vs. Kastro. I've checked the manga recently and there are 2 chapters worth of material for their fight . However, I wonder if they could get away without censoring it a lot.
    I don't think they will censor the fight much at all.

I actually think showing Gon slice his eye open was a riskier move than all of Hisoka vs Kastro.
    Because at least with Hisoka vs Kastro both are adults. However with Gon he's a kid and
    that might encourage other kids to act like he does and do what he does. Though I don't
    prescribe to this sorta blame the TV because of crap parenting attitude but that's life.

I mean maybe to some degree it will be censored but I'm not worried.

We'll just have to wait and see.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast