Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ao no Exorcist Ch. 34 Discussion | Ch. 35 Prediction

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Weazul's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ao no Exorcist Ch. 34 Discussion | Ch. 35 Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by earthforge View Post
    Absolutely. I doubt she has any concept of being friendzoned, and even if she knew the word, doubt she'd understand it.
    I always figured she's at least be awkward enough socially that she'd have trouble moving beyond friendship anytime soon and while she is still pretty naive and inexperienced when it comes to socializing and relationships and stuff she's made enough progress I've assumed she wouldn't be COMPLETELY clueless about that kind of thing. but it seems based on that scene any realization she does have that it could be more than friendship she feels is completely subconscious since while she's friendzoning him her reaction is more what you'd expect from someone who suddenly blurted "I really like you!"
    (and I think that's just completely adorable, but poor Rin... especially getting that after his getting-kind-of-close-to-a-confession he said to her...)

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Ig4kLone's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Whoa, a cool down chapter. Love it ! The taking picture moment was hilarious.
    Curious about Takara's story now, hope the next arc is about him. XD.

Memphisto's true color is finally out. Did not see that one coming. Memphisto FTW !!!
    Anyway, kinda glad this arc is finally done. Really looking forward to the next arc..

there can be no triumph without loss, no victory without suffering , no freedom without sacrifice

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Pyrenestrel's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, yes, what a great chapter! It worked well in it's role of 'fresh air', lol, after all those chapters filled with tension...

Takara is still as mysterious as ever, this chapter is just arousing a bit more our curiousity. Also on what Mephisto is planning.

I really loved all the funny parts like 'forever friends' and Shima making fun of Rin afterwards ^^ and it was nice to see nearly everyone too

Also all the bullying about the 'Satan's son', because now it isn't taboo for them anymore, they have fully accepted this part of Rin, they won't be scared of him now
    "Les scientifiques savourent l'étrange plaisir d'être bien plus ignorants que les gens ordinaires, qui sont seulement ignorants de choses ordinaires" (by Sir Terry Pratchett, translated by P.Coutton)

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Mephisto hasn't revealed anything. He's just threatened Shura that, if she messes up the game before it comes to fruition, she might come to an early end. I'm just surprised he acted so outright vicious.

We might have a arc that is not directly related to the characters but serves as a means to reveal Takara, train Rin in the use of Kurikara, reveal more info about Gehenna, and move Yukio and Toudou's interactions forward (which seems inevitable, as long as Yukio does not come to terms with his problems.) It would be cool if we got some info on Mephisto in particular.

Found it funny that even Izumo is red from restrained laughter in spelling out letters, but Yukio is totally unmoved. Yay straightman characters!
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MSofAofCOCA's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty glad this arc is over. I liked the beginning of it, but i felt like the fight with the demon was too long. Plus, i would really hate it if Yukio suddenly lost his marbles because of what what's-his-face said couple chapters back. I would like Yukio to remain a human-younger brother, thank you very much.
    On that note, I really liked this chapter! It was really nice and cute! Mephisto's sudden threat was a curve ball, but it's really only a matter of time till we find out his plan, so it makes sense that he's a bit on edge. Curious about Takara though. He was mentioned this chapter by Shura, so i'm sure his side of the story is coming up. Personally, since Shura knows him/about him, i think that he is another spy from the church. different branch, maybe. hmmm....

But even though this was a very sweet chapter, i feel like it's the calm before the storm. And a good 99.9% percent of me is sure that the storm will start immediately next chapter. After all, Rin did break out....

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, the arc did drag on, largely because of the foreshadowing for Izumo and Renzou; Bon, Shiemi and Rin's big problems that needed to be solved individually; and the largest part, creating the scenario for Yukio and Toudou's interaction (approx 4 chapters, mostly with Toudou being a motormouth).

Quote Originally Posted by MSofAofCOCA View Post
    I would like Yukio to remain a human-younger brother, thank you very much.
    But that whole eyes thing is throwing a monkeywrench in that...

Quote Quote:
    but it's really only a matter of time till we find out his plan, so it makes sense that he's a bit on edge.
    Curious. Why do you say this? I think Mephisto's plan is far from fruition, so it surprises me that he's worried.

Quote Quote:
    Personally, since Shura knows him/about him, i think that he is another spy from the church. different branch, maybe. hmmm....
    She knows him?

Quote Quote:
    After all, Rin did break out....
    It doesn't matter, with Yaozou and Uwabami's testimony and the destruction of the IK, Mephisto has all he needs to keep Rin in exorcist school.

Next arc issues will probably feature Takara and Shura, and Rin's new purpose.
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member luna_wolf's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

My main concern is what the church is going to do about rin.
    for example if they decide to let him continue living, then will they put further restrictions on him. such as seals and bindings...or have i been reading to much fanfiction?XD
    either way, if they want to constrict him. i hope Rin stands up for himself. i loved the bit in the chapter before this one where he implies that he wasn't himself with half of himself sealed away.

this chapter was really needed. it cleared the air and showed that, at least on the surface, all the characters haven't been severely phisicaly or mentaly damaged.
    I'm directing this statement towards yukio most. I'm glad he was able to have fun with everyone. because he hasn't had his usual restrained composure for a couple of chapters.

Bwahahah! that SATAN picture at the end was priceless.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MSofAofCOCA's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

But that whole eyes thing is throwing a monkeywrench in that...
    I realize that, but i still hope Yukio can pull through. I'd rather this be a red herring than it develop into something. Yukio has never been my favorite character, but I feel like I'm going to start downright hating him if he succumbs to Toudou predictions...

Curious. Why do you say this? I think Mephisto's plan is far from fruition, so it surprises me that he's worried.
    Well, I'm not really sure how "soon" it will happen, my guess is we'll get more insight into his plan in a couple of chapters. Mephisto's revelation of his plan seems to possibly a climax, if not the climax, but the author has been dropping hints that Mephisto is up to something since some of the first few chapters. Now that Shura has confronted him and Mephisto has found it necessary to uh, lightly threaten Shura, I think it means he's nearing the stage in his plan that requires the most care, where he can no longer just ignore Shura's prodding. So yeah....

She knows him?
    ...I'm not sure that Shura knows Takara personally, but from what she said to Mephisto, she knows that Takara is not just a normal student (that seems to disappear during the important parts!!). She also knows that Mephisto knows that Takara is not just a random student. But although she knows that he is potentially like her, a spy within the class, she is more worried as to why Mephisto let them both in, (especially since they could pose as a threat to his own plans), rather than being worried who Takara actually is and who he is working for.

It doesn't matter, with Yaozou and Uwabami's testimony and the destruction of the IK, Mephisto has all he needs to keep Rin in exorcist school.
    He does, and the testimonies will definitely help, but I feel like the church and especially August (ugh, don't remember how to spell his full name) will try their best to make everything difficult. Legally, the testimonies should be enough, but you never know what corners the church might cut just to get at Rin.

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The Mamushi/Juusou thing was absolutely hilarious.

In general though I share other people's feeling of relief that this arc is over though, it has not been a favorite of mine. It wasn't bad, there were lots of good character moments but it was not nearly Rin-centric enough for my tastes.

As for Yuiko. I am expecting him to spiral downward, but I've always kind of expected that since he doesn't seem to cope with his brothers successes well and sooner or later that's going to blow up; because Rin is going to keep succeeding.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Such an adorable chapter, not really a great arc for me but still enjoyable.
    Really like the whole friendship thing at the end considering the start of this arc
    I wonder what Mephisto will proceed from now on and what exactly he is planning everything and how shura will counterattack, if at all.

Seems like Rin understood what Yukio is going with that "don't run away"? I see a deeper meaning in that.
    I like Jammin's theory about one falling and another raising tho.
    But for now,
    Looking forward to the next arc.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2