Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma
New Reply

Thread: Zetman

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Zetman

Zetman

Synopsis
    The story starts off with a face-off between two rival heroes, ZET and ALPHAS, and then traces their origins - Jin Kanzaki, a young man with the ability to transform into a superhuman being known as ZET, and Kouga Amagi, a young man with a strong sense of justice who uses technology to fight as ALPHAS.

The fates of these two men and those around them intertwine as they fight to protect mankind and destroy monstrous abominations known as Players, who ironically are the creations of the Amagi Corporation, the company founded by Kouga’s grandfather, Mitsugai Amagi.

Opening Theme:
    "dots and lines" by You Hitoto & Mummy-D

Ending Theme:
    "Tomeru" by You Hitoto

Japanese staff
    Spoiler show

Japanese cast
    Spoiler show
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Shinomori Aoshi's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Zetman by Katsura Masakazu

OK, so I've watched the first episode of the anime (in Japanese by the way, not subbed).

Mixed to good impression...

So, now Jin and Kouga were supposed to know each other since childhood. That's what's most disturbing about the episode... Unless they forget about each other as years go by.

Apart from that, I only had minor complaints, like Kanzaki being killed away from Jin and Akemi meeting the players. Haitani being introduced so soon isn't that much of a deal for me. All in all, I'm satisfied about Jin's story. The pacing is good: fast, but not rapid.

The animation was OK, but I'm no expert on that matter, anyway.

I'll keep on watching it and hope they (the producers) manage to get the feeling across, because obviously staying true to the plot is impossible as of now.
    Last edited by Kaiten; April 04, 2012 at 12:33 PM.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member tonyyao82's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Zetman

I'm wondering how much material will be crammed in 13 episodes. I was ok with the huge changes the anime had. It'll be interesting to see how the Jin/Kouga meeting is portrayed in the next episode.

Spoiler show

"I'll send you flying.....TO THE END OF THE WORLD!" - Itsuki "Ikki" Minami (Air Gear)

Manga Therapy: Where Psychology & Manga Meet (http://www.mangatherapy.com)

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Zetman by Katsura Masakazu

Quote Originally Posted by Shinomori Aoshi View Post

So, now Jin and Kouga were supposed to know each other since childhood. That's what's most disturbing about the episode... Unless they forget about each other as years go by.
    If you are referring to the scenes at end of the episode, I guess that was the opening sequence just that it appeared at the end of the episode, unless that was the ending sequence.

Quote Quote:
    Apart from that, I only had minor complaints, like Kanzaki being killed away from Jin and Akemi meeting the players. Haitani being introduced so soon isn't that much of a deal for me. All in all, I'm satisfied about Jin's story. The pacing is good: fast, but not rapid.
    I haven’t read the manga so I wasn’t turned off by the changes they did in this first episode. About Haitani, he is an interesting character and I can’t wait to know more about him.

Quote Quote:
    I'll keep on watching it and hope they (the producers) manage to get the feeling across, because obviously staying true to the plot is impossible as of now.
    Did they change the plot so much in the first episode that it is impossible to stay true to the manga now?

---------- Post added at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 PM ----------

I watched the first episode and I liked what I watched, it left me with the feeling of wanting to know more about the characters and the story itself.

- I don’t like Kouga’s father or grandfather (?), he is evil!! Another evil character that I dislike is the scientist who created the players together with Kanzaki.

- Maybe I’m wrong but I have a feeling that there will be some sort of romantic relationship between Jin and Kouga’s little sister.

- Jin is cool and I like him, but the character that stole the show for me was Haitani, he seems like a very complex and interesting character.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

destiny, Haitani is VERY awesome. He's one of my favorite antagonists in anime/manga. Although he makes his debut late in the manga compared to the anime, Haitani reminds me of the Joker from Batman. The whole ZETMAN idea is based off of Batman to a certain degree to begin with as the author said Batman was a huge influence.

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 AM ----------

2nd episode out.

Spoiler show

"I'll send you flying.....TO THE END OF THE WORLD!" - Itsuki "Ikki" Minami (Air Gear)

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tonyyao82 View Post
    destiny, Haitani is VERY awesome. He's one of my favorite antagonists in anime/manga. Although he makes his debut late in the manga compared to the anime, Haitani reminds me of the Joker from Batman. The whole ZETMAN idea is based off of Batman to a certain degree to begin with as the author said Batman was a huge influence.
    Glad to have a confirmation about Haitani’s awesomeness. Unfortunately, I’m dropping Zetman so I won’t be able to see more of this great character. And now that you’ve mentioned, I can see some similarities with Batman. It is cool that Batman was a major influence in this series.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Awww, I see. Guess I'll be posting updates weekly then.

---------- Post added April 23, 2012 at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was April 11, 2012 at 12:54 AM ----------

Episode 4 is now up at: http://www.hulu.com/watch/352966/zet...une#s-p1-so-i0

Like to know everyone's thoughts on ZETMAN after this episode.

Spoiler show

---------- Post added May 04, 2012 at 12:32 PM ---------- Previous post was April 23, 2012 at 07:18 PM ----------

Episode 5: http://www.hulu.com/watch/354758/zet...has#s-p1-so-i0

Spoiler show

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply