Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Sakamichi no Apollon

Horrible Person 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sakamichi no Apollon

Saw the first episode ...Jazzzzzzzzz

I'm a sucker for slice-of-life and in the past years I don't bother watching series while it's still airing, but I couldn't resist with who's involved. I sort of spoiled myself on anidb, there isn't any Shounen-Ai in this series, the manga is Josei, but that element isn't in the manga supposedly. And I also saw a breakdown of the love interests and it's very much love-polygon, not just triangle. There are still some characters who haven't been introduced or their love interests haven't been revealed.

I'm imagine the "band" isn't going to be just Kaoru and Sentarou either, but that's just a guess

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    Destiny, Corto maltese is a 'famous' french comic from hugo pratt. The hero is a very manly sailor, there must be plenty of pictures of him on google. It's a nice lecture btw.
    Thank you for answering my question and for the info, k-dom!

Quote Quote:
    Definitely gonna see this through. Yay for me finding new gonna-be-favorite-from-the-looks-of-it anime, and thanks to all your comments that help to draw me to watch the series! ^__^
    Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    I have just seen first episode. My impression: This is going to be exciting.
    Yay!! Phio_chan has joined this thread! The more the merrier!

Quote Quote:
    The opening of the OP caught me quite much, I should say. I'm not yet fond of the latter part, but I think I will like it over time, LOL~
    I feel the same. I love the OP but I’m not that fond of the ED…yet. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    Saw the first episode ...Jazzzzzzzzz
    Is it xi0? Yes, it’s him!! yay for him posting in this thread!

Quote Quote:
    And I also saw a breakdown of the love interests and it's very much love-polygon, not just triangle. There are still some characters who haven't been introduced or their love interests haven't been revealed.
    I saw a graphic/chart about the love-polygon and looking at it ...I got the feeling that this series will be very similar to Honey and Clover regarding the love department...

Quote Quote:
    I'm imagine the "band" isn't going to be just Kaoru and Sentarou either, but that's just a guess
    Well...from the trailer we know that there are two more members, Ri-chan’s dad and that cute guy who plays the trumpet.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Sentaro's epic drum solo makes me want to learn how to play the drums. This is Beck all over again...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrudeCross View Post
    Sentaro's epic drum solo makes me want to learn how to play the drums.
    I feel the same. Sentarou kind of reminds me of a friend of mine who is also a drummer. I remember that when we were both in HS he tried to teach how to play the drums but I wasn’t a very good student…

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I showed the clip to a friend of mine who's also a drummer (for two bands actually xD) and it caught his interest. He also enjoyed Beck, and maybe if he likes Sakamichi no Apollon he'll show it to his band mates.

I think one of the hardest thing to do when you first start drumming is not letting go of the drumsticks

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think one of the hardest thing to do when you first start drumming is not letting go of the drumsticks
    True. But it is also difficult to keep the rhythm and the tempo. Btw, since we are talking about how the first episode can inspire people to play the drums….

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

^I really like the beat that kicks in when the chorus starts! And also the marching drum type beat

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

For French speakers, the serie is officially subed for free by dybex on dailymotion. It will also aired on monday evening on Nolife TV starting next week
    It says simulcast but I think there will be one week delay

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 2 is out! I have been waiting for it, finally~

The episode is so fun and refreshing. I enjoyed it as much as Kaoru do. It was cool to see him experiencing new things day by day, new experience in music and friendship. Sentarou is so much fun too; he looked so happy when he threw both to the water to swim. XD I have nothing to say about the music; although it might not be a specific song and though I don't like jazz much, I enjoyed the short live session. Definitely looking forward for more.

The new girl is beautiful, Sentarou is charmed. Hm-hmm, these boys are so in lovey-dovey moments.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Featured] Sakamichi no Apollon

Episode 2

Another wonderful episode.

- It was so adorable how much effort Kaoru put into practicing that piano piece in order to impress Ri-chan and defeat Sentarou.

- I was starting to feel pretty bad for Kaoru during the bullying scene when Sentarou and Ri-chan came to the rescue. Although awkward and unintentionally funny, merit has to be given to Kaoru for bravely rescuing Sentarou when the latter was in a pinch. I was so glad that Sentarou and Kaoru defeated those horrible guys who bullied Kaoru.

- The live session was amazing!! I enjoyed listening to the band a lot!

-We were introduced to two new characters in this episode and one of them was Jun. He looks like a cool guy and it seems Sentarou really respects him and admires him.

- The church scene was beautiful and I love how cute Sentarou and Ri-chan looked together in that church scene. I would be lying if I said that I don’t like Sentarou x Ri-chan but judging by the end of the episode…it seems that ship is not going to sail. However, I do find Kaoru x Ri-chan very cute so hopefully Ri-chan reciprocates Kaoru’s love for her although I have a feeling she won’t.

- The beach part of the ep was fun too, I especially enjoyed the part of Kaoru impeding an indirect kiss between Sentarou and Ri-chan. One thing that caught my curiosity and attention is what was it about him and the rosary on his neck/chest that Sen didn’t want for Ri-chan to reveal.

- Sentarou has fallen in love and it is not with Ri-chan, sorry Ri-chan. The second character we were introduced in this episode is Yurika. Yurika is very pretty, but….I still like Sentarou x Ri-chan.

Great episode and I can’t wait to watch the next one!

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Sentarou is so much fun too; he looked so happy when he threw both to the water to swim. XD
    That scene was priceless!! And Kaoru…very peculiar way of swimming was priceless as well.
    Quote Quote:
    The new girl is beautiful, Sentarou is charmed.
    Yes, he is.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; April 21, 2012 at 07:37 PM.

Horrible Person 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

It's love polygon guys, there's bound to be even more confusion in this series

Anyways, I was happy for the Jam session, but not as much music as I had hoped for. It was still nice though.

So far the characters are bit stereotypical as far as anime goes, and considering the manga is Josei I was hoping for more variety and depth. It's still early though.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah the second episode was awesome! Kaoru running up to the phonograph room and downstairs to the piano again and again was hilarious xD. I felt bad for Kaoru during the bullying scene, especially how humiliated he must have felt having Ritsuko witness it. It seems like he'll try and be an alpha-male from now due to not wanting Sentaro to rescue him all the time. I think in the future they'll both have their backs when it comes to brawls. The jam session was cool, I just wish it went on for a little longer. I like Junichi's style and the jazz slang he uses xD. And the beach scene was great, it really reminded me of some of my summer holidays (I've yet to rent a boat though). As for Sentaro and his rosary, it made me think that maybe he's an orphan and was saved by the church.

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    It's love polygon guys, there's bound to be even more confusion in this series
    Some fans are actually calling it a conga line. I wonder if the unrequited love theme will be as present as it was on
    Spoiler: series name show
    or if by the end of the series will have at least one canon couple…

Quote Quote:
    So far the characters are bit stereotypical as far as anime goes, and considering the manga is Josei I was hoping for more variety and depth. It's still early though.
    I think it will be just like in Honey and Clover, the layers of the characters will be peel off one by one.

Kaoru running up to the phonograph room and downstairs to the piano again and again was hilarious xD.
    And also so cute!!

Quote Quote:
    I think in the future they'll both have their backs when it comes to brawls.
    I think they will have each other backs in other aspects as well. Although, I do foresee a little shaking up in their friendship due to Kaoru’s love for Ri-chan…

Quote Quote:
    I like Junichi's style and the jazz slang he uses xD.
    What slang? I didn’t notice that…

Quote Quote:
    As for Sentaro and his rosary, it made me think that maybe he's an orphan and was saved by the church.
    Great theory, CrudeCross! Maybe that is why Sentarou is so special and why Ri-chan’s dad is so fond of him.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I watched the crunchyroll version so maybe it was them that added the jazz slang. I think it was a pretty cool addition in that it makes the story a lot more 60's like.

23. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member barbapapa's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Amazing show. It's been a while since I've been impressed with an anime series.

New Reply
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast