Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Sakamichi no Apollon

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sakamichi no Apollon

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    I don't see it happening some time near since Sen is at the moment charmed by Yurika.
    Perhaps until he realized Yurika likes Jun, after confession and being rejected like Kaoru did that he started to open up to Ri-chan... Hold on. Now we are totally thinking of a backward love chain!

Ri-chan will develop feelings for Kaoru first and then Sen will start developing feelings for Ri-chan; however, I do agree that Sen’s feelings for Ri-chan will appear after he realizes Yurika’s feelings for Jun. Now another factor that we need to take into consideration is Kaoru, I really hope he doesn’t give on Ri-chan, because it will be really sad if by the time Ri-chan falls in love with Kaoru, Kaoru falls out of love with Ri-chan.

Quote Quote:
    I didn't know the full version of the OP is out. Sounds like worth a try indeed, given how I like the TV version.
    The OP, the ED and the OST are all out now.

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by CrudeCross View Post
    This is one of those series that really deserves more episodes.
    I couldn’t agree more with you. Twelve episodes don’t do justice to this amazing series. I hope there is a second season.

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by OtakuModeEngage View Post
    That aside, I guess Phio, Destiny, and I are on the same team?
    I haven’t completely abandoned the Sen x Ri-chan camp, but as of right now, yeah, I’m a proud member of the Kaoru x Ri-chan camp.

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

I really just want the show to have more episodes so that I can enjoy it a little longer, and it would probably be better to see parts of the manga that were skipped animated.
    ITA! Because of the number of episodes, some parts of the manga didn’t make it into the anime. And it is pretty sad since some of those moments were very important to the story and the characters. That is why I completely recommend reading the manga, doing so has helped me enjoy the anime even more.

---------- Post added at 05:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    I really don't understand why they skipped so much from the scene between Kaoru and his mom. It was such an important scene and I'm a bit disappointed they choose to cut it.
    I feel the same way.

Quote Quote:
    Also they changed the reason why Juni left the university, I hope it won't make a plot hole later.
    They did? I thought they hadn’t explained the reason why Jun left college yet. Where was the explanation because I totally missed it? Was it when Sen and Kaoru visited Jun’s dorm?

Quote Quote:
    I'm afraid with such a fast pace they will catch the manga to soon.
    I just hope we don’t have an anime original ending…

---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

Anyways it looks like Kaoru has another shot at impressing Ri-chan; by playing the song from the "sound of music" for her he might get closer to her.
    Kaoru won big points with me during this episode. The way he tried to protect Ri-chan from getting hurt and how worried he was about her really touched my heart. I do understand why he gave up on the idea of playing “My Favorite Things” (btw, I really like that song~) for Ri-chan, I just hope he doesn’t give up on Ri-chan herself, at least not yet. There was a wonderful Kaoru x Ri-chan moment that unfortunately didn’t make it into the anime
    Spoiler show

Quote Quote:
    Well, I say that, but it would require him to get over his insecurities first. Right now it seems as if he has given up on her, because even though helping her get closer to Sen might draw her closer to him instead, his reluctance to make any moves when the chance appears (such as playing the song for her) will get him nowhere.
    Actually…he kind of made a move. It didn’t appear in the anime and it was done unconsciously, but Kaoru did something that captivated Ri-chan’s heart.

Quote Quote:
    Moreover, his new discord with Sen, makes him look shallow and immature;
    Kaoru’s behavior was childish and immature there is no doubt about that; however…it is understandable why he acted in such a way. He was terrified of losing Sen’s friendship and getting hurt again, he has been hurt so many times before that he doesn’t allow himself to get close to other people. And that’s why Sen is so special, because Kaoru allowed himself to get close to Sen. So at the smallest sign of getting hurt/abandoned, Kaoru reacted. It was like, I will dump him first before he dumps me. I will break up (my friendship) with him before he breaks up with me.
    Quote Quote:
    hardly something that would appease the opposite sex.
    Actually…
    Spoiler show

Quote Quote:
    Rather than running away, I'd have preferred him to talk to Sen and tell him his worries; because if anything would change Sen's mind, it would be Kaoru's feelings.
    A conversation with Sen would have been the right thing to do; however, Kaoru is not very good at expressing his emotions.

Quote Quote:
    I believe Sen is a very caring and empathetic guy, -which is why he's helping this weird singer boy in the first place-
    I agree.

Quote Quote:
    Was that Jun we saw in the bar? I thought he was off playing with women, but it seems something even crueler has befallen him.
    Yep, that is Jun. Bye-bye cool Jun and welcome…not-very-nice and not-very-cool Jun.

Quote Quote:
    And I think this confirms our previous fear that Yurika is using Sen, because as soon as she found out that Jun might be staying with someone she immediately set up a date with Sen. And I was so hoping it was one of the other two options; that she had initially had feelings for Sen but fell for Juni instead, or that she didn't realize she was provoking his feelings and leading him on. Well now it seems Sen is reduced to comfort food.
    I don’t like Yurika very much but I don’t think she was using Sen at that time. Sen misunderstood, it wasn’t a date; she simply wanted to thank him for helping her with her art project.

---------- Post added at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

This last episode was a little surreal. The new character introduced looked like he belonged to another anime, one not as realistic as Sakamichi no Apollon. The way he acts plus that little fang of his makes his presence feel a little off when compared to the anime's other characters.
    I think the author made him like that on purpose. The new character feels out of place, as if he was a threat to the “normal” feeling of the series, and in fact, Seiji became a threat, a threat to Kaoru and Sen’s friendship. I wonder if during that time rock was like a threat to jazz just like Seiji is a threat for Kaoru….

Quote Quote:
    EDIT: When the episode told the story of Apollo and Daphne a thought crossed my mind: Apollon is a different spelling of Apollo right? So the literal translation of the series' title would be "Apollo of the Slope", with Apollo referring to Sen maybe? Also, to be honest I prefer the English title they added to the anime, "Kids on the Slope", over the Japanese title.
    Interesting point…now I’m really curious about the spelling of Apollo in Japanese…

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

Interesting, but if you listen to the piano in the jazz version and the piano in the classical version, you'd see that Kaoru was playing the classical version, which made Sen's drumming to it extremely weird. It didn't mesh;

Sen, you have to change your drumming to match the music!
    Sen has been so used to Kaoru’s piano matching him and not having to change his style that he doesn’t know how to adapt to a different musical style. However, since he is going to help Seiji he will need to learn to adapt and change his style in order to match a different kind of music.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; May 19, 2012 at 06:12 PM.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member OtakuModeEngage's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    Ri-chan will develop feelings for Kaoru first and then Sen will start developing feelings for Ri-chan; however, I do agree that Sen’s feelings for Ri-chan will appear after he realizes Yurika’s feelings for Jun. Now another factor that we need to take into consideration is Kaoru, I really hope he doesn’t give on Ri-chan, because it will be really sad if by the time Ri-chan falls in love with Kaoru, Kaoru falls out of love with Ri-chan.
    Is this opinion based on a hope, a general feel for the genre in question, or foreshadowing from the manga? It does seem like an overused ploy in this genre though.

Quote Quote:
    I couldn’t agree more with you. Twelve episodes don’t do justice to this amazing series. I hope there is a second season.
    Rather, I think we can all agree on that.

Quote Quote:
    I haven’t completely abandoned the Sen x Ri-chan camp, but as of right now, yeah, I’m a proud member of the Kaoru x Ri-chan camp.
    Welcome to the Underground!

Quote Quote:
    ITA! Because of the number of episodes, some parts of the manga didn’t make it into the anime. And it is pretty sad since some of those moments were very important to the story and the characters. That is why I completely recommend reading the manga, doing so has helped me enjoy the anime even more.
    Is this because they assumed the show would not be good enough to get a second season? Because I think it is fit for two or three. Or at least a full season of 25 episodes. Seriously, they should have slowed the pace for a more quality anime.

Quote Quote:
    They did? I thought they hadn’t explained the reason why Jun left college yet. Where was the explanation because I totally missed it? Was it when Sen and Kaoru visited Jun’s dorm?
    His neighbor said he was missing, because he was probably at some girls place, but he didn't mention college, or why Jun left it.

Quote Quote:
    I just hope we don’t have an anime original ending…
    Yes, as long as they use the actual manga's ending, or at the very least, something of parallel structure, I'll be happy. I hate crappy thrown together endings that ruin a manga that's still running at full steam towards a different course. At the very least end it where one of the manga arcs end, which allows them to pick it up later with the conclusive ending, via ova, movie, or a short series.

Quote Quote:
    Kaoru won big points with me during this episode. The way he tried to protect Ri-chan from getting hurt and how worried he was about her really touched my heart. I do understand why he gave up on the idea of playing “My Favorite Things” (btw, I really like that song~) for Ri-chan, I just hope he doesn’t give up on Ri-chan herself, at least not yet. There was a wonderful Kaoru x Ri-chan moment that unfortunately didn’t make it into the anime
    Spoiler show
    Is that so, I had no idea, thanks. Well I was planning to read the manga anyways, but, as i'm currently reading 173 manga titles, I think its understandable why I put this one on hold. XD

Quote Quote:
    Kaoru’s behavior was childish and immature there is no doubt about that; however…it is understandable why he acted in such a way. He was terrified of losing Sen’s friendship and getting hurt again, he has been hurt so many times before that he doesn’t allow himself to get close to other people. And that’s why Sen is so special, because Kaoru allowed himself to get close to Sen. So at the smallest sign of getting hurt/abandoned, Kaoru reacted. It was like, I will dump him first before he dumps me. I will break up (my friendship) with him before he breaks up with me.
    Don't get me wrong, I understand why he did it, and its a vital part of his character; I just hope he doesn't evade the issue for a prolonged period of time. That always makes me angry in manga/anime.

Quote Quote:
    Actually…
    Spoiler show
    Yeah, but is that necessarily a good thing. People would pay more attention to me if I walked around the city in broad daylight carrying a Bazooka, but it wouldn't be a good impression. I just worry if his crying will make her think he's too troublesome or childish, but then perhaps I'm wrong and she'll be positively touched by his emotional side. Or at the very least come to understand and emphasis with him.

Quote Quote:
    Yep, that is Jun. Bye-bye cool Jun and welcome…not-very-nice and not-very-cool Jun.
    Will Yurika still like him, will she accept his dark side -regardless of how much she hates it- as a part of the him, the Jun who she loves? Or maybe she'll like someone else?

Quote Quote:
    I don’t like Yurika very much but I don’t think she was using Sen at that time. Sen misunderstood, it wasn’t a date; she simply wanted to thank him for helping her with her art project.
    You would know better since you've read the manga, I only have her tears to base my argument on.

Quote Quote:
    I think the author made him like that on purpose. The new character feels out of place, as if he was a threat to the “normal” feeling of the series, and in fact, Seiji became a threat, a threat to Kaoru and Sen’s friendship. I wonder if during that time rock was like a threat to jazz just like Seiji is a threat for Kaoru….
    I agree

Quote Quote:
    Sen has been so used to Kaoru’s piano matching him and not having to change his style that he doesn’t know how to adapt to a different musical style. However, since he is going to help Seiji he will need to learn to adapt and change his style in order to match a different kind of music.
    This could be a good thing then, at least for his skills as a musician. And well, in the end, a good thing for Kaoru too. Sen will be able to assure Kaoru that he's not like the others and won't leave him.

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

Anyways, no chapter summery Destiny? Or did we cover it all for you?
    Last edited by OtakuModeEngage; May 19, 2012 at 09:03 PM.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Is this opinion based on a hope, a general feel for the genre in question, or foreshadowing from the manga? It does seem like an overused ploy in this genre though.
    It is just a theory of mine. But I guess my theory is based on all the three things you’ve mentioned. But as I said, it is just a theory.

Quote Quote:
    Welcome to the Underground!
    Thank you for welcoming me! ^_^

Quote Quote:
    Is this because they assumed the show would not be good enough to get a second season? Because I think it is fit for two or three. Or at least a full season of 25 episodes. Seriously, they should have slowed the pace for a more quality anime.
    I don’t know about the reason but I really, really hope there is a second season of this series.

Quote Quote:
    His neighbor said he was missing, because he was probably at some girls place, but he didn't mention college, or why Jun left it.
    Ah, thank you for clarifying that for me! ^^ I was trying really hard to remember if I had missed something during that ep, but I’m glad to know that I didn’t.

Quote Quote:
    At the very least end it where one of the manga arcs end, which allows them to pick it up later with the conclusive ending, via ova, movie, or a short series.
    This ^. I hope that what you’ve said happens, I really do.

Quote Quote:
    Is that so, I had no idea, thanks. Well I was planning to read the manga anyways, but, as i'm currently reading 173 manga titles, I think its understandable why I put this one on hold. XD
    Yep, very understandable. XD and wow 173!

Quote Quote:
    Don't get me wrong, I understand why he did it, and its a vital part of his character; I just hope he doesn't evade the issue for a prolonged period of time. That always makes me angry in manga/anime.
    Mmmm….I can’t reply too much about that point without spoiling you but let’s just say that the outcome of that fight is a good one.

Quote Quote:
    she'll be positively touched by his emotional side. Or at the very least come to understand and emphasis with him.
    This ^.
    Quote Quote:

You would know better since you've read the manga, I only have her tears to base my argument on.
    Yurika is a complex character and I can’t say anything about her without spoiling things so I’ll just say that IMHO, I think that at that specific time she wasn’t using Sen. However, I do think she should have made things clear for Sen and shouldn’t have given him false hopes.

Quote Quote:
    This could be a good thing then, at least for his skills as a musician.
    And well, in the end, a good thing for Kaoru too. Sen will be able to assure Kaoru that he's not like the others and won't leave him.
    Yep, the fight although painful for both of them will be a good thing for those two friends…

Quote Quote:
    Anyways, no chapter summery Destiny? Or did we cover it all for you?
    My reply was quite long so I didn’t know if I should make it longer by adding my comments about the episode. You guys covered most of the ep, the only things that I think should be added are:

- Sen’s words to Ri-chan in the infirmary. It was like he was giving her permission to have feelings for Kaoru, it was as if he was giving her his consent. His words had a big impact on Ri-chan, she was absent-minded during class and that’s why she got detention. Moreover, Sen’s words made her realize that she had lost her chance with Sen, just like she had lost her chance to see the movie. She thought she could see the movie anytime (she thought she could be with Sen anytime) and by thinking that way she lost the chance to watch the movie (she lost her chance to be with Sen).

- Kaoru has realized that Yurika likes Jun and in his way he tried to protect Sen from getting hurt that is why he told him that he shouldn’t go to his “date” with Yurika.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; May 19, 2012 at 10:05 PM.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it wrong to root for Seiji so maybe will here a The Beatles session?

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah, thank you for clarifying that for me! ^^ I was trying really hard to remember if I had missed something during that ep, but I’m glad to know that I didn’t.
    No Problem.

Quote Quote:
    Yep, very understandable. XD and wow 173!
    yeah, because translator groups are overworked, understaffed, underground, and underpaid, I would read a manga until I've caught up to the translator and start another manga as I wait for the previous Manga's next chapter. Next thing I knew I was in the hundreds, honestly, I don't know how I keep everything straight in my head, especially since Shoujo seem to always follow the same pattern. But whenever I forget what a manga is about I read the summery and previous chapter and it all comes back to me.

Quote Quote:
    Yurika is a complex character and I can’t say anything about her without spoiling things so I’ll just say that IMHO, I think that at that specific time she wasn’t using Sen. However, I do think she should have made things clear for Sen and shouldn’t have given him false hopes.
    Regardless, I just can't bring myself to like her.

Quote Quote:
    - Sen’s words to Ri-chan in the infirmary. It was like he was giving her permission to have feelings for Kaoru, it was as if he was giving her his consent. His words had a big impact on Ri-chan, she was absent-minded during class and that’s why she got detention. Moreover, Sen’s words made her realize that she had lost her chance with Sen, just like she had lost her chance to see the movie. She thought she could see the movie anytime (she thought she could be with Sen anytime) and by thinking that way she lost the chance to watch the movie (she lost her chance to be with Sen).
    Yeah, that seen seemed to hurt Ri-chan a lot, and who wouldn't be hurt by it? Sen telling Ri-chan to date another guy is like telling her she has no chance with him. And well, more simply, those are painful words to hear from the one you love. That's a great connection though, the Movie to Sen, I wonder if the Mangaka had intended us to realize that. See, this is why I love your summaries!

You also mentioned earlier, and I forgot to comment about it, that Kaoru's actions of protecting Ri-chan and Sen from heartbreak by trying to hook the two up, constituted as romantic points for you. And I have to say I agree, but I had forgot to mention it because I was focuses on Kaoru's panic attack. So perhaps we may see Ri-chan's feelings change sooner than we expected.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

In the French simulcast, it is said that Jin left because he tried to escape a sect. It is more political in the manga but I won't say much since I don't know what they say about Jin in this episode. simulcast is one week late and I don't want to spoil.
    They also made a minor changement with the alcohol to make it more politically correct I presume. In the manga they didn't plan to make Sen and Kaoru drink water in the first place :-)
    Destiny, volume 6 has been scanlated . There is a Manga thread discussion too if some are interested.
    Last edited by k-dom; May 20, 2012 at 01:51 AM.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

In the French simulcast, it is said that Jin left because he tried to escape a sect. It is more political in the manga but I won't say much since I don't know what they say about Jin in this episode. simulcast is one week late and I don't want to spoil.
    They also made a minor changement with the alcohol to make it more politically correct I presume. In the manga they didn't plan to make Sen and Kaoru drink water in the first place :-)
    Destiny, volume 6 has been scanlated . There is a Manga thread discussion too if some are interested.
    French simulcast? Whats that? Do the French make their own animes based off of Japanese manga?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    Is it wrong to root for Seiji so maybe will here a The Beatles session?
    I like the idea of a session featuring music from “The Beatles” , but I won’t root for Seiji.

Regardless, I just can't bring myself to like her.
    I don’t like her either but I do try to understand her as a character. It is fun to analyze the characters in a series, at least for me it is. ^^

Quote Quote:
    Yeah, that seen seemed to hurt Ri-chan a lot, and who wouldn't be hurt by it? Sen telling Ri-chan to date another guy is like telling her she has no chance with him.
    Poor Ri-chan. She was rejected by Sen (although Sen did it unintentionally) and she didn’t even confess.

Quote Quote:
    That's a great connection though, the Movie to Sen, I wonder if the Mangaka had intended us to realize that.
    I think that was her/his intention. In fact, there have been various subtle messages/connections/hints like the one regarding the movie and Sen throughout the series.

Quote Quote:
    See, this is why I love your summaries!
    Thank you! ^_^

Quote Quote:
    Kaoru's actions of protecting Ri-chan and Sen from heartbreak by trying to hook the two up, constituted as romantic points for you.
    Well…Kaoru was so selfless and by doing that he shows us how much he cares about Ri-chan and Sen as well. All Kaoru wants is for Ri-chan to be happy, so yeah, those actions plus what he did in the manga
    Spoiler show
    made Kaoru gain big points with me.

Quote Quote:
    So perhaps we may see Ri-chan's feelings change sooner than we expected.
    Ri-chan is a smart girl so it won’t be long before she realizes how much Kaoru loves her and why she should give “her prince” a chance.

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

In the French simulcast, it is said that Jin left because he tried to escape a sect.
    What episode was that? Because I don’t remember Jun’s roommates mentioning something like that when Kaoru and Sen visited the dorm.

Quote Quote:
    It is more political in the manga but I won't say much since I don't know what they say about Jin in this episode.
    What chapter is that? Because now I’m very curious about Jun’s reasons for leaving college and I want to read that info in the manga.

Quote Quote:
    It was sad that they changed that part in the anime, it was pretty funny in the manga.
    Quote Quote:
    Thanks for the info! Mmm…btw…do you know what chapters are included in volume 6?

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Somehow I feel like the daughter of the relative Kaoru lives with might get caught up in this too...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the idea of a session featuring music from “The Beatles” , but I won’t root for Seiji.
    Haha, I agree, some rock is cool, but not with Seji.

Quote Quote:
    I don’t like her either but I do try to understand her as a character. It is fun to analyze the characters in a series, at least for me it is. ^^
    I don't think any of us would be on this forum if we didn't love to analyze characters, just having yet to read the manga, I don't have the source depth you posses.

Quote Quote:
    Poor Ri-chan. She was rejected by Sen (although Sen did it unintentionally) and she didn’t even confess.
    I know right, which will make it all the more agonizing if Sen later realizes he loves Ri-chan, but its too late. Though, I don't particularly see that happening. There was only one scene where it seemed like he may have had feelings for her; this was when he walked in on her talking to Kaoru via wire phone. It seemed like he was worried about who she liked, but then maybe he was actually worried about Kaoru, because he somehow found out Kaoru loved Ri-chan. I mean, Kaoru never told him such (at least not in the anime), but I think one could easily enough put the pieces together, especially Sen. Which would make sense why Sen told Ri-chan to spend more time caring for Kaoru, becuase he noticed Kaoru's feelings for her.

Quote Quote:
    I think that was her/his intention. In fact, there have been various subtle messages/connections/hints like the one regarding the movie and Sen throughout the series.
    Really? I didn't notice... well Sen does have a ton of siblings, he's not rich and the nations not at war, but Ri-chan is very religious, like the heroin of the movie who is a nun. Rather than singing, they play Jazz. BTW, "The Sound of Music" is based on a true story.

Quote Quote:
    Well…Kaoru was so selfless and by doing that he shows us how much he cares about Ri-chan and Sen as well. All Kaoru wants is for Ri-chan to be happy, so yeah, those actions plus what he did in the manga
    Spoiler show
    made Kaoru gain big points with me.
    Yeah, I agree, this is defiantly one of his manly moments.

Quote Quote:
    Ri-chan is a smart girl so it won’t be long before she realizes how much Kaoru loves her and why she should give “her prince” a chance.
    Her prince huh? I guess you could see Kaoru like that, though Ri-chan is so pretty, I want to jump into the anime and take her for myself.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    Somehow I feel like the daughter of the relative Kaoru lives with might get caught up in this too...
    Kaoru’s cousin? She is not very nice and she is not very good friends with Kaoru…so I don’t see how, but you never know. She might get to play a bigger role as the series progresses.

Which would make sense why Sen told Ri-chan to spend more time caring for Kaoru, becuase he noticed Kaoru's feelings for her.
    I do think Sen is aware of Kaoru’s feelings for Ri-chan so I agree with you that that knowledge had a lot to do with the words Sen said to Ri-chan in the infirmary. However, although small, there is the possibility of Sen seeing Ri-chan in a different light ( a romantic one) developing feelings for her, but as you said, it will be too late because by then Ri-chan’s heart will belong to Kaoru.

Quote Quote:
    Really? I didn't notice... well Sen does have a ton of siblings, he's not rich and the nations not at war, but Ri-chan is very religious, like the heroin of the movie who is a nun. Rather than singing, they play Jazz. BTW, "The Sound of Music" is based on a true story.
    No, no, I didn’t mean with the movie itself. I meant that there are subtle messages about the characters’ feelings, subtle messages that convey the characters’ real feelings or part of their personalities. For instance, that tear on Apollo’s face was a subtle message conveying Yurika’s pain because of what Kaoru said about Jun. Apollo’s tear = Yurika’s tears.

Quote Quote:
    Her prince huh? I guess you could see Kaoru like that, though Ri-chan is so pretty, I want to jump into the anime and take her for myself.
    I said “her prince” because of the song Kaoru played for Ri-chan.

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kaoru’s cousin? She is not very nice and she is not very good friends with Kaoru…so I don’t see how, but you never know. She might get to play a bigger role as the series progresses.
    maybe a tsunder character?

Quote Quote:
    I do think Sen is aware of Kaoru’s feelings for Ri-chan so I agree with you that that knowledge had a lot to do with the words Sen said to Ri-chan in the infirmary. However, although small, there is the possibility of Sen seeing Ri-chan in a different light ( a romantic one) developing feelings for her, but as you said, it will be too late because by then Ri-chan’s heart will belong to Kaoru.
    yeah, I don't deny the possibly, I was just saying I doubt he likes her now, or at the very least, nothing hints or foreshadows it.

Quote Quote:
    No, no, I didn’t mean with the movie itself. I meant that there are subtle messages about the characters’ feelings, subtle messages that convey the characters’ real feelings or part of their personalities. For instance, that tear on Apollo’s face was a subtle message conveying Yurika’s pain because of what Kaoru said about Jun. Apollo’s tear = Yurika’s tears.
    Haha, I get you now. I thought the same thing when I saw her tears, but when you said, "In fact, there have been various subtle messages/connections/hints like the one regarding the movie and Sen throughout the series," I somehow misread it to read, "In fact, there have been various subtle messages/connections/hints regarding the movie and Sen through the series," missing the important "like the one" part.

Quote Quote:
    I said “her prince” because of the song Kaoru played for Ri-chan.
    Ah, I see. Well he's still kind of a prince in that he's rich, noble, and emotionally underdeveloped due to being locked up alone in his castle.

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

Quote Quote:
    In the French simulcast, it is said that Jin left because he tried to escape a sect.
    I didn't see that either, unless the French receive releases before we do, and that's just an episode we haven't watched yet. Or perhaps its a translation issue.

22. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

French simulcast? Whats that? Do the French make their own animes based off of Japanese manga?
    A simulcast is an official anime dub in streaming. A lots of anime have it nowadays. The french on is on Dybex. But it is not really simultanate, there is a one week delay

What episode was that? Because I don’t remember Jun’s roommates mentioning something like that when Kaoru and Sen visited the dorm.

What chapter is that? Because now I’m very curious about Jun’s reasons for leaving college and I want to read that info in the manga.
    It is in episode 4 when they visit jun flat. I'm not sure which chapter it is ( volume 3 i guess ). But with the new chapters it seems that sect can be use for political groups in japan so it was probably not a change in the end.

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Aw, I love the connection to The Sound of Music!

Poor Sen, poor Ri-chan, poor Kaoru-kun, bad Seiji-kun, between-good-and-bad Jun-kun.

Well, I like to see fragments of past stories from the characters, makes us get to know them deeper, and ultimately to see how they overcome that sadness inside them. It must have been hard for everyone, and the antagonist made a great move there too. I want to see the next episode~ Who is that person in the bar, I wonder?

25. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

A simulcast is an official anime dub in streaming. A lots of anime have it nowadays. The french on is on Dybex. But it is not really simultanate, there is a one week delay
    You mean they are already dubbing it in French? That's really fast, normally it takes moths or even years before they dub anime in English.

Quote Quote:
    It is in episode 4 when they visit jun flat. I'm not sure which chapter it is ( volume 3 i guess ). But with the new chapters it seems that sect can be use for political groups in japan so it was probably not a change in the end.
    Still I didn't see anything about that in the episode, either they had a translation error when dubbing into french, or the English subs are mistranslated. Or perhaps when they dubbed it into French, they changed the words on purpose?

27. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast