Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Sakamichi no Apollon

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sakamichi no Apollon

How many volumes has the anime covered at this point?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

The school festival takes place in volume 5

3. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member OtakuModeEngage's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    The school festival takes place in volume 5
    too fast

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

And if they plan on covering 9 volumes in 12 episode anime then the next few episodes will be even faster. This really deserved to be a 20-something episode anime!

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I just finished volume 8 of the manga and it was soooo good ! Definitively one of the best of the serie so far. I hope for you that the anime will be just as good.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I just watched the last chapter yesterday! It was amazing, Ri-chan finally decided on Kaoru, Yurkia left with Jun, and Sen isn't in love with Ri-chan, in fact he's happy she doesn't have feelings for him. This is the pairing I was looking for... so the question is, where does this go from here? Will Ri-chan confess to Kaoru, or maybe Kaoru will make a third try at her? I'm rather worried at Kaoru's attempts to give up on her, its like he's driving away the wagon just as the goods are about to be loaded. Still, it seems as if everything is coming to a close, so where is the plot twist?

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OtakuModeEngage View Post
    It was amazing, Ri-chan finally decided on Kaoru,
    I won’t lie and said that for a moment there I had some little hope that she would choose Sen…but at the same time I wanted her to choose Kaoru, yes, I was rooting for Sen and Kaoru at the same time. However, I must say that I’m glad Ri-chan chose Kaoru in the end. I’m glad that she appreciated all the sweet, kind and nice things Kaoru did for her.

Quote Quote:
    Yurkia left with Jun,
    That scene at the train station was very sweet. And…even though I didn’t like the pairing at first, now I actually like the Jun x Yurika pairing.

Quote Quote:
    and Sen isn't in love with Ri-chan, in fact he's happy she doesn't have feelings for him.
    Yes, Sen only sees Ri-chan as a sister and thankfully Ri-chan now sees him as a brother as well.

Quote Quote:
    Will Ri-chan confess to Kaoru, or maybe Kaoru will make a third try at her?
    In a way…Ri-chan has already confessed to Kaoru, those gloves on his piano was Ri-chan’s confession. Now…it was subtle so I don’t know if Kaoru will understand what those gloves mean right away.
    Quote Quote:
    I'm rather worried at Kaoru's attempts to give up on her, its like he's driving away the wagon just as the goods are about to be loaded.
    I’m not very worried about Kaoru giving up on her…I just hope he has the courage to confess to her a second time or the insight to notice and realize that he is the one Ri-chan likes.

Quote Quote:
    Still, it seems as if everything is coming to a close, so where is the plot twist?
    Maybe Kaoru’s dad will decide to move to another country and take Kaoru with him and thus Kaoru will have to leave Ri-chan and Sen behind…
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    I won’t lie and said that for a moment there I had some little hope that she would choose Sen…but at the same time I wanted her to choose Kaoru, yes, I was rooting for Sen and Kaoru at the same time. However, I must say that I’m glad Ri-chan chose Kaoru in the end. I’m glad that she appreciated all the sweet, kind and nice things Kaoru did for her.
    It was a very touching moment, her words said "I don't love you" but her expression added, "any more." Sen was relieved hearing this, but rather than feeling depressed that he saw her only as a friend -like she would have been in the past- she was able to use it to strengthen her new found feelings of love for Kaoru. This scene was filled with emotion, emotion of Sen's brotherly love and the desire to protect his sisters feelings, as well as Ri-chan's understanding and acceptance of Sen's feelings; I really loved it! But I guess the main reason I'm excited here is because the pairing I have been rooting for this whole time is blooming.

Quote Quote:
    That scene at the train station was very sweet. And…even though I didn’t like the pairing at first, now I actually like the Jun x Yurika pairing.
    I agree, initially, I had hoped for SenXYurika, and was disappointed when Yurika fell for Jun; since then I had harbored animosity towards those two characters. But the true heartfelt feelings between these two cannot be denied. And Instead I found myself cheering them on.

Quote Quote:
    In a way…Ri-chan has already confessed to Kaoru, those gloves on his piano was Ri-chan’s confession. Now…it was subtle so I don’t know if Kaoru will understand what those gloves mean right away.
    Subtly never works, people always misunderstand, I think a proper confession is in order.

Quote Quote:
    Maybe Kaoru’s dad will decide to move to another country and take Kaoru with him and thus Kaoru will have to leave Ri-chan and Sen behind…
    Certainly something must happen to keep the story rolling, but I think a better development path would be the Jazz trio becoming a more official group. Haha, I just want more music XD

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunatly, the author admits herself it is not a manga about music

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    Unfortunatly, the author admits herself it is not a manga about music

I thought as much, I'm just anticipating something interesting to keep the story rolling, least it fall to a dragged out, nothing happens, second rate shoujo manga.

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

Somehow I thought it might include some type of music battle between Sen and Kaoru Vrs the queer boy, as the queer himself foreshadowed. Forgive me for using the word queer, I don't recall his name and could care less, but at any rate I mean queer as in weird... and perhaps gay, but that remains to be seen.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't worry a lot of things will happen

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I really don't tend to get to emotional when watching anime (well not anymore at least), but wow... these last two episodes actually made me feel something. Jun and Yurika eloping, Kaoru shouting out his love for Ri-chan (no kiss unfortunately ), and the last scene of this week's episode with Sen's goodbye. That latter has me feeling that things are going to get depressing pretty soon.

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I have just managed to catch up with the episodes. So lovely, I like the dynamic of the plot. Jun and Yurika go together wasn't in my imagination; I thought they would somehow separate given the background of Yurika's family. It almost happened, except that they were both too strong. I wonder if it is truly goodbye for them? I'd love to see another session with Jun one day. >__< Ri-chan finally accepts Kaoru-kun! Whee! Such a news, such a confession. Poor boy that he didn't make much progress instead, though. XDD Looking at Sen at the end of episode 10 hurt me, and I wonder what will happen next... >__<

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 11

Sakamichi is a not a bad story, in fact, it had the right ingredients and the potential to become a fantastic, amazing series, the best of the season…however, I do have one complaint about this series and is its pacing. At the beginning of the series and even in the middle of it, things felt natural, organic and real; they didn’t feel forced or rushed. Unfortunately, towards the end of it, things started to feel forced, rushed and not as natural as before. And this complain is not just about the anime because up to a point it is understandable why the anime took that road, I mean they had to squeeze a lot of material in just 12 episodes, my complain is mostly about the manga, about the story itself.

Having said that, I must admit that there were some moments in this week’s episode that I totally loved. The first one was the moment in which Kaoru impeded Sentaoru from leaving town, that scene was incredible! It touched my heart in such a big way and it showed us, the viewers, just how important Sen is to Kaoru and how deep and strong is their friendship. Another moment that made me love Sen and Kaoru’s friendship even more was the scene at the rooftop of the hospital. Such a powerful scene, it was so poignant and Sen’s crying…it was one of the best scenes that this anime has offered us. Another great moment was Sen’s dad giving Sen a pen as a gift, it was such a simple action but it was embedded with so much significance and that why that pen will be of such a great importance to Sen. Another part of the episode I enjoyed was the three friends (Kaoru, Sen and Ri-chan) sharing their love for music and their favorite things, that scene was so sweet and nice.

Moments like the ones I’ve mentioned above are the reason why I’ve enjoyed Sakamichi so much during this 11 episodes, but…mmm…yeah, I do understand why the author of the series did what she did (she wanted to add extra drama into the series and find a legitimate reason for Sen to abandon his friends, his home, his town) but Sachiko’s accident and Sen leaving the town
    Spoiler show
    all those things felt forced
    Spoiler: for things that are going to happen in the next episodes show
    at least to me they felt like that. I’m not saying that what happened to Sachiko wasn’t sad or that Sen leaving town didn’t sadden me because it did and a lot ( I didn’t want for Sen to leave ), it just those events didn’t feel natural and organic…just dramatic

Anyway, I guess next episode will be the last one and I do wonder how they are going to wrap up the story so I’m looking forward to the last ep.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@ Destiny. Rushed? Defiantly, things happened too fast, to the point where the story forgot to build up to events and instead just threw them at us. But I feel if they had slowed it down just a bit more, to show the rising action that allowed the story to naturally flow to that point, then it would have been fine. For example, I don't remember Sen's sister ever climbing onto his bike, not to mention their discussion about it not being safe, and why would she ride with him to see Kaoru anyways? It would have made more since if she had a reason, like she forgot to give him a birthday present or something. If the Mangaka had just built up the reason why she was riding with him just a little more, then it wouldn't have felt so forced. After all, it was a dark night, Sen was speeding, and an unseen car came around the bin... accidents like that are normal, and to be honest, as soon as he took off on his bike, the story had that kind of mood; It felt natural to me. The only part that was out of place, was that his sister was the one hurt. Just my prospective, but other than that, it was a brilliant story.

Ri-chan singing was so cute!! and her character is so pretty!!! Ri-chan, I love you!!!

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast