Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
Results 121 to 127 of 127

Thread: Sakamichi no Apollon

  1. #121
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member OtakuModeEngage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    395
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sakamichi no Apollon

    Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    I know that pushing her away and hurting her wasn’t the right thing to do but his words outside the shop and the scene at the train station…I those scenes!! They were so sweet and filled with so much love!
    I know, I just wish he could have said 'I love you' or something. Of course the mood said it all, but I just think there's something special about the words themselves. Still if I was Kaoru I'd be calling Ri-chan every night, taking collage vacation to visit her, and planning for the future together... but he just completely cut her off... I just don't like that. haha, maybe its just me.

    Quote Quote:
    They changed and omitted some things, about Ri-chan and Kaoru…it doesn’t explicitly state that they end up together but there are a lot of things for us to safely assume they are going to end up together.
    That makes the ending a little better, to have an idea of what actually happens and not just leave us with this big cliff hanger. In my opinion, this version shown in the anime fails to reach a proper closing after the climax. Haha, towards the end they missed a lot of necessary rising action, and after the climax they threw out all the falling action. Just bad story structure, and the piece suffers because of it; still a good ending though, mostly.

  2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  3. #122
    MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,772
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sakamichi no Apollon

    Quote Originally Posted by OtakuModeEngage View Post
    I know, I just wish he could have said 'I love you' or something.
    But he did say those words…and in a very passionate way. He did it a couple of eps ago.

    Quote Quote:
    Still if I was Kaoru I'd be calling Ri-chan every night, taking collage vacation to visit her, and planning for the future together... but he just completely cut her off... I just don't like that. haha, maybe its just me.
    It wasn’t shown in the anime but Ri-chan did write to Kaoru but Kaoru never return a reply to her letters. I think he was afraid to answer her letters.

    Quote Quote:
    In my opinion, this version shown in the anime fails to reach a proper closing after the climax. Haha, towards the end they missed a lot of necessary rising action, and after the climax they threw out all the falling action. Just bad story structure, and the piece suffers because of it; still a good ending though, mostly.
    Yeah, I agree, the ending wasn’t the best part of the series.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

  4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  5. #123
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member OtakuModeEngage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    395
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sakamichi no Apollon

    Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    Well…there is a lot more about grown-up Kaoru in the manga, in fact, we get to see part of his life at college. But yeah, I agree, I would love to see more about Sen and Ri-chan.
    Can't wait to read the manga, might have to give it a while though, currently reading the novel IS: Infinite Stratos

    Quote Quote:
    Even though, they omitted and changed some things, I enjoyed the episode more than I thought I would. It was a very good episode and merit should be given to the director and the anime team for making such a good episode despite how much they had to cut and change.
    haha... but at first you gave the manga a "fairly good" grade ---> which drops substance in the anime, but rises in quality to receive a "very good"?? Well I admit, I like how they jammed together and then ran to Ri-chan, but all the information omitted when the story was already lacking, only lowers the quality in my opinion. That being said, I understand the director had to do this because of his time scheme, but this could have easily been remedied by a longer season.

    Quote Quote:
    It totally reminded me of their good times during HS. I like how the say hello to each other after all those years using the magic of music.
    I wish I knew what that felt like...

    Quote Quote:
    I agree. It was a wonderful series and definitely one of my favorite series of this season. It was a lot of fun discussing this series! ^_^
    Same, overall, it was an amazing, epic series. But more than that, my favorite part of the series, was discussing it... is that bad? lol

    ---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    But he did say those words…and in a very passionate way. He did it a couple of eps ago.
    This is true, haha, but the timing was off. He failed to say it when she needed them the most.

    Quote Quote:
    It wasn’t shown in the anime but Ri-chan did write to Kaoru but Kaoru never return a reply to her letters. I think he was afraid to answer her letters.
    I see... well, this is the side of Kaoru that I never liked... and that's no fault to the story line, but rather a intricate part of Kaoru's character crucial to the plot; his reclusiveness and fear of rejection. I have to say that overall this trait makes the story better, yet pisses me off at the same time. Guess I'm just a hopeless romantic.

  6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  7. #124
    MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,772
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sakamichi no Apollon

    Quote Originally Posted by OtakuModeEngage View Post
    Can't wait to read the manga, might have to give it a while though, currently reading the novel IS: Infinite Stratos
    I watched IS the anime, it was a fun series.

    Quote Quote:
    haha... but at first you gave the manga a "fairly good" grade ---> which drops substance in the anime, but rises in quality to receive a "very good"?? Well I admit, I like how they jammed together and then ran to Ri-chan, but all the information omitted when the story was already lacking, only lowers the quality in my opinion. That being said, I understand the director had to do this because of his time scheme, but this could have easily been remedied by a longer season.
    Well…you have to understand that after reading the manga and being disappointed and sad because of the rush ending I had very low expectations for this last episode, so the fact that I enjoyed it was what made me give props to the director and the anime team. Putting aside the ending, I have to recognize that this was a good series, especially the beginning and the middle of it.

    Quote Quote:
    Same, overall, it was an amazing, epic series. But more than that, my favorite part of the series, was discussing it... is that bad? lol
    Not at all!! Discussing a series is the funnest part of watching it! ^_^
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

  8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  9. #125
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member OtakuModeEngage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    395
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sakamichi no Apollon

    Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    I watched IS the anime, it was a fun series.
    Yeah... once again though, a perfect example of an anime that ended too early. Well, I wouldn't suggest reading the manga though, its not yet as far into the story as the anime went... It seems the novel was written first, which inspired an anime, that was latter turned into a manga. Kind of backwards development, lol

    Quote Quote:
    Well…you have to understand that after reading the manga and being disappointed and sad because of the rush ending I had very low expectations for this last episode, so the fact that I enjoyed it was what made me give props to the director and the anime team. Putting aside the ending, I have to recognize that this was a good series, especially the beginning and the middle of it.
    I see your point. :3

    Quote Quote:
    Not at all!! Discussing a series is the funnest part of watching it! ^_^
    I'm totally agree, I joined Manga Helper because I have no one to talk to about the manga/anime I love.

  10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  11. #126
    Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    21
    Posts
    9,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sakamichi no Apollon

    The series had ended, but the ending didn't strike me as hard as I thought it would be. I agree that the ending turned out rather strange and too fast. I didn't expect Kaoru to did that to Ri-chan, so mean of him, and didn't think it would take as long as 8 years for the ending. Well, all in all it was pretty fun to follow this series.

  12. #127
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sakamichi no Apollon

    I think you should read the last 2 volumes of the manga because it does not seem as the anime was able to cop with it due to the short number of episodes.

  13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts