Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Hyouka

Uchuujin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hyouka

Quote Originally Posted by Zatono View Post
    Great episode today. Are culture fairs at japanese schools really that awesome?
    Exactly my thoughts hell I would love to have such school festivals here, makes me kind of jealous~

Spoiler show
    Sounds likely, I'm pretty sure they will somehow end up selling all of them and maybe there's even demand for more then. I feel like it will be a combined effort though and not just Oreki.

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Pretty nice. Feels like taking a breath from being detectives, but trying to solve the crazy amount of anthologies they must sell. Interesting. Chitanda is so cute, though, I really can't resist! XD

I agree with your spoiler box, Oreki is so funny, and I like him even more, ehehehe~ XD
    Talking of detectives, anyone who liked the new ending? Everyone disguised as detectives aka Holmes etc. was really cute actually prefer that ending over the last one. We might even get a new OP next ep, looking forward to that~

And Oreki really is the driving force for this anime and I'm not talking about him solving most of the mysteries. His cynical and yet somehow cute behaviour makes the show a lot more enjoyable. For me this is actual one of the few cases were the lead character alone is making the story a whole lot more interesting and enjoyable and probably is one of the main reasons why a lot of people watch this show.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Great episode today. Are culture fairs at japanese schools really that awesome?

Spoiler show
    Japanese are all about festivals anyway... Reminds me of my high school days...

Spoiler show

---------- Post added at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 PM ----------

Pretty nice. Feels like taking a breath from being detectives, but trying to solve the crazy amount of anthologies they must sell. Interesting. Chitanda is so cute, though, I really can't resist! XD

I think so. The schools there are popular with the festivals, if I remember correctly?

I agree with your spoiler box, Oreki is so funny, and I like him even more, ehehehe~ XD
    Chitanda is easily distracted, eh? That only makes her more likable~

At least, our own high school has a school fair though not as cool as the Japanese'...

Oh, and Oreki.. He really doesn't want to do any heavy work.

---------- Post added at 01:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Exactly my thoughts hell I would love to have such school festivals here, makes me kind of jealous~
    If you can't have one, make one.

Sounds likely, I'm pretty sure they will somehow end up selling all of them and maybe there's even demand for more then. I feel like it will be a combined effort though and not just Oreki.
    They have to solve the mystery of how to sell that books.

Talking of detectives, anyone who liked the new ending? Everyone disguised as detectives aka Holmes etc. was really cute actually prefer that ending over the last one. We might even get a new OP next ep, looking forward to that~

And Oreki really is the driving force for this anime and I'm not talking about him solving most of the mysteries. His cynical and yet somehow cute behaviour makes the show a lot more enjoyable. For me this is actual one of the few cases were the lead character alone is making the story a whole lot more interesting and enjoyable and probably is one of the main reasons why a lot of people watch this show.
    The new ending is indeed cute. I like it more than the first one.

Oreki is counted as an anti-hero, I think, and these days, the classical hero is not as popular as anti-hero. I think it's because people can relate more to them. Like Oreki, I think there are many people who can relate with his energy-conserving philosophy. Oh, and there are also some people who can relate with how he does things not because he really wants to, but because he's asked to do it by someone else. There's the funny thing with Oreki actually.. He cannot refuse Chitanda, and it's somehow cute to see him flustered every time Chitanda says her catchphrase in front of him.

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

Oh, and I really like this episode, especially with Chitanda's little adventure. I admit I burst out laughing when I hear the familiar "Haru sugite..." because I am instantly reminded of Chihayafuru. It's amusing to see karuta club there. And when Chitanda is being photographed, I can't help but screaming Mio's name because she looks so similar to her in those clothing. I really feel that this eps is very enjoyable.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

About the new episode…

- Chi-chan….she is so adorable!! Loved her in this episode.

- This episode reminded me of my school days…the school fair/festival was quite an event and just like in this episode it was a lot of hard work but a lot of fun as well.

- The new ED is so, so, so cute!!

- It was very subtle but it seem Mayaka doesn’t get along very well with all the members of the Manga Lab, I hope that more about Mayaka as a character will be explored in the next episode.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan and for my awesome sig, Reverzer0!

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, episode 13 was interesting.

Spoiler show

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    Oh, and I really like this episode, especially with Chitanda's little adventure. I admit I burst out laughing when I hear the familiar "Haru sugite..." because I am instantly reminded of Chihayafuru. It's amusing to see karuta club there.
    I know, I know! When they started to read the lines from karuta games, my mind automatically play the next words, haha~ I missed Chihayafuru.

I get the feeling that all this stuff Oreki's acquiring while sitting there is going to help him out a lot.
    I totally agree. I always enjoyed the scene where someone came in to the room to buy the anthology. There is always an interesting exchange happening. Starting with that number, pin, and now the gun. I can't wait to see more! <3

Episode 13 showed more mysteries: the missing tarot card, and more behind how to sell Hyouka, including the exchanges. I so liked it, and can't wait to see more. ^^

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

The new OP shows a great animation and we get to see some characters aside from our main characters. I bet they'll show up pretty often later. (I am interested to know the guy who's walking with the kaichou... ) The song... well, so-so IMO.

Satoshi... . He's so confident but I admire that. Not only he is a database, but also a marketer.

The mysteries are showing up! Now I wonder why we meet with a lot of tarot cards in anime these days... and it's almost always the similar cards. Wheel of Fortune. This card will also make appearance and become great importance in another anime with tarot cards (I bet some people will know what I mean). Well, this is indeed one interesting card. I hope they'll be able to solve these missing things later, but maybe we'll wait for quite a bit. Other than Satoshi and Chitanda, no one else knows about it yet.

The exchanging part is interesting too. I'm a bit curious as to how this can happen and what does it signify. Somehow I reminded of the Japanese folk story in which the character at first had a piece of straw and then goes the process of exchanging things until in the end, he gets to marry a millionaire's daughter and becomes a millionaire himself. I wonder if it will be similar?
    My eyes actually widened the moment I see the pistol, Glock 17. I recognized it as the gun Otonashi Yuzuru used in Angel Beats. Glock pistols seems to be famous in anime world. I see them a lot of times.

Oh, Oreki now seems to be very sensitive to the word "curious". I bet he always dreads the moment he hears that word.

That moment between Oreki and Chitanda... oh my God. They're so cute! I can't stop giggling at their expressions. It's too bad that we cannot know what Oreki's going to say about that...

I seriously envy Ibara's room. So many manga! I want to make my room like that someday, but instead of manga, they will be novels.

The preview shows something that caught my eyes. Oreki blushing while shouting from the window? Now that is something.

9. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

One thing I like from this series is looking at how Oreki changed over time. As he hang out with the others more (especially dealing with Chitanda's curiosity most of the time), he learned much more things. Although at times he looks tired from this change (which is very funny), I think he somehow enjoys it all too. Must be fun having a more colorful life. XDDD

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

One thing I like from this series is looking at how Oreki changed over time. As he hang out with the others more (especially dealing with Chitanda's curiosity most of the time), he learned much more things. Although at times he looks tired from this change (which is very funny), I think he somehow enjoys it all too. Must be fun having a more colorful life. XDDD
    Indeed. Didn't he say that he might want a rose-colored life? He is used to lead a grey-colored life, and grey is a dull color so it will mean a dull life. I won't be surprised if in the end, his life has changed into a rose-colored life.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    The new OP shows a great animation and we get to see some characters aside from our main characters. I bet they'll show up pretty often later. (I am interested to know the guy who's walking with the kaichou... ) The song... well, so-so IMO.
    I like the new OP as well, great opening that show us in a very quick way the growth that Oreki has gone through and the great meaning of Eru in Oreki’s life.

Quote Quote:
    Satoshi... . He's so confident but I admire that. Not only he is a database, but also a marketer.
    We also got to see that he is a bit annoyed but that classmate of his who kept on wanting to compete with Satoshi.

Quote Quote:
    The mysteries are showing up! Now I wonder why we meet with a lot of tarot cards in anime these days... and it's almost always the similar cards. Wheel of Fortune. This card will also make appearance and become great importance in another anime with tarot cards (I bet some people will know what I mean). Well, this is indeed one interesting card. I hope they'll be able to solve these missing things later, but maybe we'll wait for quite a bit. Other than Satoshi and Chitanda, no one else knows about it yet.
    Even though it was in a smaller scale mystery has present in this episode in the form of the missing tarot card and the stones.

Quote Quote:
    The exchanging part is interesting too. I'm a bit curious as to how this can happen and what does it signify. Somehow I reminded of the Japanese folk story in which the character at first had a piece of straw and then goes the process of exchanging things until in the end, he gets to marry a millionaire's daughter and becomes a millionaire himself. I wonder if it will be similar?
    Thank you for sharing that info! Maybe it is as you said. It is also interesting to notice that without really meaning to do it, Oreki is helping people. At first glance Oreki is just sitting on a chair taking care of the stand, but if we look a bit deeper, Oreki is actually helping other people with their problems.

Quote Quote:
    Oh, Oreki now seems to be very sensitive to the word "curious". I bet he always dreads the moment he hears that word.
    True, true.

Quote Quote:
    That moment between Oreki and Chitanda... oh my God. They're so cute! I can't stop giggling at their expressions. It's too bad that we cannot know what Oreki's going to say about that...
    Oreki likes Chi-chan and Chi-chan likes Oreki, I do wonder if we’ll get a confession at some point during this series or if the Chi-chan x Oreki will remain an implied one.

Another thing that I liked in this episode was the fact that Mayaka was able to finally stand her ground againts that arrogant girl from her manga club. I was rooting for Mayaka the whole time during that scene. I do hope she finds the manga she is looking for, it seems that manga is very special to her.

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I just saw there was an episode 14 out? Second season? I haven't watched yet.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Really enjoyed the last episode - Oreki was so cute when he cried "Satoshi" I think it was funny and yet interesting to see that he cared for them (wanted them to win) and overcame his laziness to help them. And it looks like all the things he's getting are somewhat useful XD

Satoshi. Chitanda and Mayaka combo was pretty nice too - together with Oreki they really make one funny group. And am I mistaken or did Satoshi actually blush when he saw cute Mayaka? It's safe to say that she loves him (me thinks) and I think they would make a nice pair so I hope they will end up together

And a big lol at Chitanda/Irisu conversation When she told her how to convince other people I was totally reminded of how she tricked Oreki, it really works XD their interaction was pretty well-done, it was so cute when Irisu had the same reaction as Oreki when Chitanda was staring at her with her shiny eyes~

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    I just saw there was an episode 14 out? Second season? I haven't watched yet.
    There's no second season Charles, the season contains of 22 episodes so we will be able to enjoy Hyouka some more

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

What else can I say of the latest episode, I echo everyone's feelings of how fun and lovely this episode is! I'm still curious about the thief... Just what the heck, he stole strange things from all clubs? -___-

And am I mistaken or did Satoshi actually blush when he saw cute Mayaka? It's safe to say that she loves him (me thinks) and I think they would make a nice pair so I hope they will end up together
    I'm not sure why Satsohi is yet to respond to Mayaka's feelings... Back then Oreki has already told Chitanda how Mayaka has a crush on Satoshi. I think Satoshi likes her quite much too, I mean just how they look so good together, LOLOL~ I do hope they will end up together, just like how I wish for Oreki and Chitanda. <333

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure why Satsohi is yet to respond to Mayaka's feelings... Back then Oreki has already told Chitanda how Mayaka has a crush on Satoshi. I think Satoshi likes her quite much too, I mean just how they look so good together, LOLOL~ I do hope they will end up together, just like how I wish for Oreki and Chitanda. <333
    Well why shouldn't he? I think he's pretty close to falling in love with her so one event could trigger it. Of course it's still early in the story but it's not like I expect them becoming instant lovers XD Just feeling (and hoping) like Satoshi will start to feel more for her in the next time.

The story focuses more on the whole Chitanda/Oreki thing so we will probably see more about that - even though I doubt they will fall in love with each other anytime soon.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I just watched the episode.

Lol at the Chitanda-Irisu interaction. I like how Irisu basically outlined the steps of how she made Oreki do what she wanted. That was pretty clever IMO.

As soon as I saw the exchange for the flour I knew I was wrong about the items being used to help solve the mystery though.

This was a great episode though. I feel like it really showed how much Oreki's changed since episode 1. Especially his little lines like when he quietly spoke "fire" all by himself while just looking down at the people. It makes me think he might actually want to be down there himself.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I just watched the latest episode and I totally agree on how cute Mayaka was in this episode, in fact, she was the star of this episode for me. I do like the Mayaka x Satoshi pairing and I do hope it becomes canon before the series ends.

Chi-chan, she is just too adorable. And wow, she is a very, very good cook.

I did like the mini-mystery going on at the school festival; I’m referring to the mysterious person who is stealing things from various clubs. I wonder who the mysterious robber is and why he/she is stealing those things.

Nice episode! I’m looking forward to the next one.

New Reply
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast