Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Hyouka

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hyouka

Hyouka

Synopsis
    Oreki Hotaro is a high school boy, who always acts passively. One day, he enters "Koten Bu (Classic Literature Club)" as recommended by his elder sister.

There he meets Chitanda Eru, Fukube Satoshi, and Ibara Mayaka. Chitanda is a calm beautiful girl but she turns into an embodiment of curiosity once she says, "I'm interested in it (Watashi, Kininarimasu)". Fukube is a smiling boy with a fantastic memory, he never deduces anything on his own. Ibara is a short girl and is strict with others and herself. She loves Fukube, but he always dodges her approaches.

They begin to investigate a case that occurred 33 years ago. Hints of the mystery are buried in an old collection of works of the former members of Koten Club. The collection is titled "Hyouka".

Animation Production: Kyoto Animation

Japanese staff
    Spoiler show

Japanese cast
    Spoiler show
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

2. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hyouka

Why did I not notice this Anime?
    Might be the "different" one I watch in every season. I'm gonna watch it I guess.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Somehow I'm interested in this now. It's because of the word, "Classic Literature Club".
    Yeah, I love literature!

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

So it shall begin... anew! XD

Bushy Brows MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I am really hoping they do not ruin this one, it can go many ways, it comes out April 14th, meh only a little while. But I hope the story is captivating and original because it can be ruined if it develops a lot on the romance theme. Keeping the mystery flowing and the literature thing as well, it can be one of the best in the spring season.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    So it shall begin... anew! XD
    Yay!!! The trio is back!!

Quote Originally Posted by Josef K. View Post
    I am really hoping they do not ruin this one, it can go many ways, it comes out April 14th, meh only a little while. But I hope the story is captivating and original because it can be ruined if it develops a lot on the romance theme. Keeping the mystery flowing and the literature thing as well, it can be one of the best in the spring season.
    KyoAni is well-known for being the one behind amazing anime series so I have high hopes for Hyouka and maybe it is just me but I do hope this series includes a bit of romance.

10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Literature-themed anime again? After Chihayafuru this seems to be quite inviting. In fact it also adds mystery to it too, I think I may like it.

It has been released yesterday, eh. Hopefully the subbed episode will be out soon so we can check it. ^^

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 1

Finally, Hyouka is here, the ep has been subbed!! Loved the first episode!

- During the first part of the episode all I could think of was Clannad. Why? Well for many reasons, 1) because it is the same studio, 2) because the series involves the revival of a club, 3) because there is a super cute girl who is introduced to our male lead in a sort of magical way with the wind playing with her hair and 4) last but certainly not least because…because…Tomoya and Sunohara are back!!! Oreki and Satoshi’s voices are not only the same as Tomoya and Sunohara but their personalities and the interactions between are almost the same that Tomoya and Sunohara have in Clannad.

- The opening is beautiful and I’m already a big fan of the OP song.

- Eru is too adorable!! I love her already and it is only the first episode but just like in Clannad, I think I might have already found my OTP from this series.

- Houtarou. I like him very much. He reminds of Tomoya from Clannad a lot but…in an unexpected way he also reminds of Sherlock Holmes. He is very intelligent and I like how he solves the “mysteries”.

- I can’t wait to watch the next episode!
    Last edited by destiny4ever; April 22, 2012 at 10:54 PM.

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Hyouka's first episode was absolutely great, definitely going to watch the series!

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    The opening is beautiful and I’m already a big fan of the OP song.
    Yeah the song and the scenes fit nicely, looking at what was shown I already want to see what happens in future episode so I can say it made me quite hyped! I thought a great portion of the lyrics fit Hutarou very well, it felt a bit like the story of his life.

Eru is too adorable!! I love her already and it is only the first episode but just like in Clannad, I think I might have already found my OTP from this series.
    She's so... I really liked her character, being all kind and yet so brash when it comes to mysteries. I really enjoyed the emblematical scene of how her strong will overwhelmed Hotarou

Houtarou. I like him very much. He is very intelligent and I like how he solves the “mysteries”.
    For me the most interesting character so far, always trying to get everything and everyone "unnecessary" away from him and yet a kind and nice character who gets things done if he finds some kind of motivation. I was quite fascinated when Eru broke that wall and Hotarou was all sucked in even though he tries to deny it. His friends analysis seemed spot on, normally he would have just turned her down instead of coming up with a fake mystery. Seriously, the characters will most likely be one of the strongest points of the series, I already like all of them.

I can’t wait to watch the next episode!
    Agreed!

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

The op song is quite good, though it doesn't strike my heart that much.

Eru somehow reminds me of Mio from K-On, but maybe it's because of her hair. Her eyes are really mysterious, aren't it?

Totally love Houtarou. He has some kind of charm that attracts me to him right away. He looks somber but I like that he's a calm person. And his eyes.. He also has a talent for investigation, huh? I wonder about his visions, though... Is it his power?
    Fukube is also an interesting character. He seems to be an easygoing person and a good friend.

I like the art; the graphic is smooth and the colors are bright, especially for the eyes. The watercolor scene is also beautiful.
    I laughed when I hear the classical music being played as the background music. I just didn't expect it.
    I love that they insert a poem(?) in the eyecatch. I hope to see more of classical literature in the next eps.
    Houtaurou with unkempt hair?

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Hyouka, up to second episode, hasn't really caught me as much as I thought it would be. Still kind of confused where this is all going to, kind of abstract. What will happen to the club? They barely do anything related to literature, but more like a detective club. Besides plot, characters/artwork wise and music background wise are not too bad, so I will stick around and see where this go to. ^^;

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

The eyes... the eyes!
    Pardon me. I just love the beautiful color of the eyes... especially Houtarou's eyes. Brilliant green.

And... I think these two eps is still the beginning that introduces to us the main characters. I believe in the next eps, we'll find out the main problem of the series. Eru seems to hide something and with the last scene in eps 2, I think she will reveal what's wrong.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Featured] Hyouka

Episode 3

- For a moment there I thought that Eru-chan was going to confess to Oreki, and I wasn’t the only one who thought like that since Oreki himself thought that as well.

- Oreki’s sister hasn’t appeared in the series yet, but from the letters she seems like a very nice girl. I really hope she appears in the series before it ends.

- I’m quite curious about the mystery involving Eru’s uncle. Maybe I’m wrong, but…if Eru’s mystery results in something similar to Fuku’s and Kotomi’s in Clannad, it would be great and extremely touching at the same time.

Looking forward to the next episode!

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

For a moment there I thought that Eru-chan was going to confess to Oreki, and I wasn’t the only one who thought like that since Oreki himself thought that as well.
    Thankfully, I have seen the clue about Eru's "personal reasons", so I didn't expect anything from that scene though I love to see that bewildered expression on his face. It's even funnier for me because I know he's bewildered for nothing.

Finally, we know about Eru's personal reasons, and this will set the plot into motion. I'm still sad that there's still nothing particularly literature-ish until now, but we still many eps to come so there's still hope. As usual, I love the art in this eps. The part where Eru tells the story about her uncle? Simply awesome. I thought it will be watercolor scenes like in the previous two eps, but the creators surprised me (in a good way) by bringing in another kind of art.
    Oh, and the senpai? How can he look so gorgeous?

Looking forward to the next episode!
    Me too!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    Thankfully, I have seen the clue about Eru's "personal reasons",
    What clue? I totally missed it.

Quote Quote:
    so I didn't expect anything from that scene though I love to see that bewildered expression on his face. It's even funnier for me because I know he's bewildered for nothing.
    I was just like Oreki, anxiously waiting to see what she was going to say.

Quote Quote:
    The part where Eru tells the story about her uncle? Simply awesome. I thought it will be watercolor scenes like in the previous two eps, but the creators surprised me (in a good way) by bringing in another kind of art.
    I second your comment. The art wasn’t only pretty but it also added an extra something to Eru’s story about his uncle.

Quote Quote:
    Oh, and the senpai? How can he look so gorgeous?
    Gorgeous? Maybe it is because I Oreki but I didn’t find him handsome, very nervous and shaky but not gorgeous.

Quote Quote:
    Me too!

New Reply
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast