Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Oreki Hotaro is a high school boy, who always acts passively. One day, he enters "Koten Bu (Classic Literature Club)" as recommended by his elder sister.
There he meets Chitanda Eru, Fukube Satoshi, and Ibara Mayaka. Chitanda is a calm beautiful girl but she turns into an embodiment of curiosity once she says, "I'm interested in it (Watashi, Kininarimasu)". Fukube is a smiling boy with a fantastic memory, he never deduces anything on his own. Ibara is a short girl and is strict with others and herself. She loves Fukube, but he always dodges her approaches.
They begin to investigate a case that occurred 33 years ago. Hints of the mystery are buried in an old collection of works of the former members of Koten Club. The collection is titled "Hyouka".
Animation Production: Kyoto Animation
Why did I not notice this Anime?
Might be the "different" one I watch in every season. I'm gonna watch it I guess.
Somehow I'm interested in this now. It's because of the word, "Classic Literature Club".
Yeah, I love literature!
So it shall begin... anew! XD
I am really hoping they do not ruin this one, it can go many ways, it comes out April 14th, meh only a little while. But I hope the story is captivating and original because it can be ruined if it develops a lot on the romance theme. Keeping the mystery flowing and the literature thing as well, it can be one of the best in the spring season.
Literature-themed anime again? After Chihayafuru this seems to be quite inviting. In fact it also adds mystery to it too, I think I may like it.
It has been released yesterday, eh. Hopefully the subbed episode will be out soon so we can check it. ^^
Finally, Hyouka is here, the ep has been subbed!! Loved the first episode!
- During the first part of the episode all I could think of was Clannad. Why? Well for many reasons, 1) because it is the same studio, 2) because the series involves the revival of a club, 3) because there is a super cute girl who is introduced to our male lead in a sort of magical way with the wind playing with her hair and 4) last but certainly not least because…because…Tomoya and Sunohara are back!!! Oreki and Satoshi’s voices are not only the same as Tomoya and Sunohara but their personalities and the interactions between are almost the same that Tomoya and Sunohara have in Clannad.
- The opening is beautiful and I’m already a big fan of the OP song.
- Eru is too adorable!! I love her already and it is only the first episode but just like in Clannad, I think I might have already found my OTP from this series.
- Houtarou. I like him very much. He reminds of Tomoya from Clannad a lot but…in an unexpected way he also reminds of Sherlock Holmes. He is very intelligent and I like how he solves the “mysteries”.
- I can’t wait to watch the next episode!
Last edited by destiny4ever; April 22, 2012 at 10:54 PM.
Hyouka's first episode was absolutely great, definitely going to watch the series!
The op song is quite good, though it doesn't strike my heart that much.
Eru somehow reminds me of Mio from K-On, but maybe it's because of her hair. Her eyes are really mysterious, aren't it?
Totally love Houtarou. He has some kind of charm that attracts me to him right away. He looks somber but I like that he's a calm person. And his eyes.. He also has a talent for investigation, huh? I wonder about his visions, though... Is it his power?
Fukube is also an interesting character. He seems to be an easygoing person and a good friend.
I like the art; the graphic is smooth and the colors are bright, especially for the eyes. The watercolor scene is also beautiful.
I laughed when I hear the classical music being played as the background music. I just didn't expect it.
I love that they insert a poem(?) in the eyecatch. I hope to see more of classical literature in the next eps.
Houtaurou with unkempt hair?
Hyouka, up to second episode, hasn't really caught me as much as I thought it would be. Still kind of confused where this is all going to, kind of abstract. What will happen to the club? They barely do anything related to literature, but more like a detective club. Besides plot, characters/artwork wise and music background wise are not too bad, so I will stick around and see where this go to. ^^;
The eyes... the eyes!
Pardon me. I just love the beautiful color of the eyes... especially Houtarou's eyes. Brilliant green.
And... I think these two eps is still the beginning that introduces to us the main characters. I believe in the next eps, we'll find out the main problem of the series. Eru seems to hide something and with the last scene in eps 2, I think she will reveal what's wrong.
- For a moment there I thought that Eru-chan was going to confess to Oreki, and I wasn’t the only one who thought like that since Oreki himself thought that as well.
- Oreki’s sister hasn’t appeared in the series yet, but from the letters she seems like a very nice girl. I really hope she appears in the series before it ends.
- I’m quite curious about the mystery involving Eru’s uncle. Maybe I’m wrong, but…if Eru’s mystery results in something similar to Fuku’s and Kotomi’s in Clannad, it would be great and extremely touching at the same time.
Looking forward to the next episode!
Finally, we know about Eru's personal reasons, and this will set the plot into motion. I'm still sad that there's still nothing particularly literature-ish until now, but we still many eps to come so there's still hope. As usual, I love the art in this eps. The part where Eru tells the story about her uncle? Simply awesome. I thought it will be watercolor scenes like in the previous two eps, but the creators surprised me (in a good way) by bringing in another kind of art.
Oh, and the senpai? How can he look so gorgeous?
I was just like Oreki, anxiously waiting to see what she was going to say.Quote:
I second your comment. The art wasn’t only pretty but it also added an extra something to Eru’s story about his uncle.Quote:
Gorgeous? Maybe it is because I Oreki but I didn’t find him handsome, very nervous and shaky but not gorgeous.Quote: