Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Hyouka

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Featured] Hyouka

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    What clue? I totally missed it.
    Eru keeps saying about "personal reasons" when asked about the reason she joined the club.

I second your comment. The art wasn’t only pretty but it also added an extra something to Eru’s story about his uncle.
    Indeed. The art really puts more depth into the story.

Gorgeous? Maybe it is because I Oreki but I didn’t find him handsome, very nervous and shaky but not gorgeous.
    Well, I think he's gorgeous in appearance. He's really handsome (I think it's because of the hairstyle) though the moment he starts behaving strangely, that image kinda breaks.
    I still love Oreki though (and his brilliant green eyes!).

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I like this show as well people above me. Thanks Des for creating a thread for it. I've watched this upto three episodes, its caught my interest from episode one. I'm also looking forward to the next one.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay, the plot is finally going somewhere now, although still yet unclear. Chii-chan (I prefer calling her so! XD) must really like her uncle so much to want to remember what he had said before so bad. I can also see why you girls are in love in Oreki; in all the way he dislike things and prefer not to get in touch with anything, he eventually helps them all. And the way his face is drawn. And his intelligence. And his green eyes. <3 The senpai is not gorgeous at all; his hair annoyed me. :|

Well, at least now I have something to look forward to: the mysteries behind the uncle, why everything about him seemed negative so far, as if something is hidden. Ooh, I love mysteries! <3

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    Eru keeps saying about "personal reasons" when asked about the reason she joined the club.
    I thought that by “personal reasons” she was referring to matters of the heart…in short, I thought personal reasons = crush on Oreki.

Quote Quote:
    .I still love Oreki though (and his brilliant green eyes!).
    While I <3 Oreki…regarding eyes, the ones I like the most are Eru’s, she has extremely captivating and beautiful eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    I like this show as well people above me. Thanks Des for creating a thread for it. I've watched this upto three episodes, its caught my interest from episode one. I'm also looking forward to the next one.
    Yay! Charlie has joined us! You’re welcome and thanks for joining this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Okay, the plot is finally going somewhere now, although still yet unclear. Chii-chan (I prefer calling her so! XD) must really like her uncle so much to want to remember what he had said before so bad.
    I’m super curious about the reason behind the reaction Eru’s uncle had when she asked him about the club…and about his words, what did he tell her? Why did he react in such a way when his niece asked him about the club? Why did his answer make Eru cry?

Quote Quote:
    I can also see why you girls are in love in Oreki; in all the way he dislike things and prefer not to get in touch with anything, he eventually helps them all.
    Yep, Oreki’s personality is one of the reasons why I like him…another reason is because he reminds of Tomoya from Clannad a lot and I Tomoya.

Quote Quote:
    And the way his face is drawn. And his intelligence. And his green eyes. <3
    Yep, for those reasons as well.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; May 10, 2012 at 10:42 PM.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I can also see why you girls are in love in Oreki; in all the way he dislike things and prefer not to get in touch with anything, he eventually helps them all. And the way his face is drawn. And his intelligence. And his green eyes. <3 The senpai is not gorgeous at all; his hair annoyed me. :|
    Well, I actually like Oreki because (aside from his brilliant green eyes) I can relate to him. Lazy, lazy, lazy. However, people always pull him to solve their problem. Yeah, I know that feeling.
    We have different taste.

9. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I can also see why you girls are in love in Oreki; in all the way he dislike things and prefer not to get in touch with anything, he eventually helps them all. And the way his face is drawn. And his intelligence. And his green eyes. <3 The senpai is not gorgeous at all; his hair annoyed me. :|
    not just the girls I like him a lot too, not for his looks though. Totally lazy but so kind that he will definitely help in the end. Intelligent people are interesting most of the time anyway, I always try to think of what he might have come up with. So far I failed

Well, at least now I have something to look forward to: the mysteries behind the uncle, why everything about him seemed negative so far, as if something is hidden. Ooh, I love mysteries! <3
    True, looks like the real plot finally started. Oreki's theory was nice but like Chitanda said, it doesn't really explain why she cried after her uncle told her about the Literature Club. I wonder how "big" this mystery actually is and what kind of impact it will have

11. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    True, looks like the real plot finally started. Oreki's theory was nice but like Chitanda said, it doesn't really explain why she cried after her uncle told her about the Literature Club. I wonder how "big" this mystery actually is and what kind of impact it will have
    It was fun and interesting watching the gang putting the pieces together in order to figure out the mystery involving Eru’s uncle and although it was cool to see Oreki displaying his detective and inferring skills, I have a feeling that there is more than meets the eye. I think Oreki’s conclusion isn’t complete, there is something else regarding Eru’s uncle and it has to do with the reason of why Eru, when she was a little girl, cried after her conversation with her uncle about the Literature Club. Just as you, I’m very intrigued and can’t wait to find out the real truth about Eru’s uncle and the Literature Club.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

New Episode is out Raw (as of this post)

Spoiler show

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 5

This week’s episode was very moving.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Well - they've seemed to have solved the case from last time completely this time.
    Yes, the mystery regarding Eru’s uncle is finally solved.

Oreki’s theory wasn’t wrong just incomplete. The sensei who is in charge of the library was the one who wrote the first anthology of the club and she was the key in solving the mystery.

Eru’s uncle was a silent hero who didn’t choose to be a hero; rather he was forced to be one. He was a rabbit (a student) that was sacrificed to the dogs (the school administration), a rabbit that silently screaming sacrificed himself in order to protect the other rabbits (the other students) who cowardly hid behind Jun’s back and that did nothing to help him, instead they let him all alone to be eaten by the dogs.

I didn’t understand the hidden message behind the name “hyouka” at first, I was a bit like Eru, but once I did…I was so touched by it. Thankfully, even if it took 45 years for it to be understood, Jun’s message was finally conveyed (thanks to Oreki).

Btw, I so can’t wait to meet Oreki’s sister! I hope there is a mystery involving her as well.

Great episode and I’m looking forward to the next one.

P.S. It is so cute how Oreki hasn’t realized how much influence Eru has had on him and how much he cares for her…it is too early to say this but I think Oreki is slowly but surely falling for Eru.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; May 20, 2012 at 11:19 PM.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Eru’s uncle was a silent hero who didn’t choose to be a hero; rather he was forced to be one. He was a rabbit (a student) that was sacrificed to the dogs (the school administration), a rabbit that silently screaming sacrificed himself in order to protect the other rabbits (the other students) who cowardly hid behind Jun’s back and that did nothing to help him, instead they let him all alone to be eaten by the dogs.
    This was so awesomely well done, I love the rather abstract animation style they're using when they discuss and solve the mysteries. The scene where the rabbit was taken and screamed in anger and fear was really creepy and made the impact of Jun's story a lot stronger. I could totally imagine how he felt, used a sacrifice while all the other students did nothing to save him.

The conclusion was great and really moved me, best episode so far!

I didn’t understand the hidden message behind the name “hyouka” at first, I was a bit like Eru, but once I did…I was so touched by it. Thankfully, even if it took 45 years for it to be understood, Jun’s message was finally conveyed (thanks to Oreki).
    yeah, I was glad to see that even Oreki felt anxious when he figured out the meaning behind the name. I know that he isn't anywhere as lax or neutral as he's portraying himself but it's nice to see another side to him and to know that even he couldn't hold back his emotions.

Btw, I so can’t wait to meet Oreki’s sister! I hope there is a mystery involving her as well.

Great episode and I’m looking forward to the next one.
    Agreed, she seems to be an interesting character and I'm looking forward to seeing her. Seems to be more or less the complete opposite of Oreki, I'm pretty sure their interactions would be funny/interesting to watch.

That reminds me that 21 episodes are nowhere enough for this anime, I already know that I will miss the show as soon as it ends >__<

P.S. It is so cute how Oreki hasn’t realized how much influence Eru has had on him and how much he cares for her…it is too early to say this but I think Oreki is slowly but surely falling for Eru.
    You think he will start to love her? Seeing how much influence she seems to have on him it's likely, would definitely like to see this happen. Like Oreki's sister she's the complete opposite of him but they would make such a nice and sweet combination

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hyouka

The thing that caught me off guard the moment I started to watch this is... the music. I suddenly had this strange feeling of wanting to laugh because they use Bach's Cello Suite no. 1 and I actually recognized the music. Since then, I paid much attention on the music and I felt so stupid for not realizing how great the BGM are. They surely picked the best music to suit the mood.

And.. wow. Houtarou is really incredible. He can see beyond what we see. He is a perceptive person, I should say. Luck? I doubt that very much.
    Her sister is indeed mysterious, it's as if she called just to give him a clue and hung up just like that.
    I felt so stupid about the lame pun. My lecturer told me about it a year ago, and for months I used that pun but when Houtarou said it, I didn't get it.

As usual, the animation is awesome. Every time I watch Hyouka, I always expect something great from the flashback and until now, it haven't disappointed me, and I hope it never will.

Houtarou x Eru? I didn't expect much from them now, considering their personalities (they are not the type to pay much attention to love). But I do hope that in the end, they will be together.

It seems that this anime adopt story arcs, and since the Hyouka mystery arc has ended, I wonder what mystery they will encounter next?

This review by me will not be complete without a praise for their eyes! Especially, the green eyes!!!

So many plus for this anime. Great applause!

21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Well the latest episode has been out for a few days and I thought it was pretty interesting.
    Especially Hotaru's fantasy side moments.... I laughed. I wonder how the next episode will be like.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep, his fantasy moment is funny.. especially when he thought he finally found a soulmate... only to find out Eru was joking.

This eps is quite amusing, though it doesn't seem that significant to me, except for the fact that Houtaurou starts trying to see through Eru's personality.

And... what's with the onsen scene next eps? Is it a rule that most Japanese anime has to feature onsen? (too perverted for my taste)

24. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    And... what's with the onsen scene next eps? Is it a rule that most Japanese anime has to feature onsen? (too perverted for my taste)
    Fan service. *shrugs*

I agree the last episode wasn't so interesting. Hard to actually expect something interesting after the 'closure' of Chi-chan's memories of her uncle. I originally thought it would be the main goal of the series... Now looking at it again, it seems like the main goal is to see how Houtarou fulfilling Chi-chan's curiosity while getting to know her more. ^^;

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Another week and another episode is out! Seems an interesting episode from the raw by the tidbits I could pick up.
    Spoiler show

27. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast