Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2) , Gintama 514 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Hyouka

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hyouka

So Hyouka now turns into a detective story, with Chitanda turning all I-am-curious mode over any kind of strange things or mysteries and everyone will push Oreki to solve it? Er... I really can't tell where this anime is going to. From the beginning it seems like the mysteries behind Chitanda's uncle and Hyouka the anthology as main problems, but they were solved so fast. Not that I didn't enjoy this kind of anime (I do like detective stories like this) but that wasn't why I watched this anime, and if this goes on without real plot purpose it may get boring.

Still, great episodes of this movie mystery. I enjoy how the club analyzed the theories to solve the case, and look forward to see Oreki's answer.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Yup - I'm curious to see how the pulled of the murders. Any ideas?
    Last edited by Charlie; June 24, 2012 at 07:42 AM.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm really not good with any mysteries, my logic hardly works for this kind of genre, so I never think and just sit to enjoy the explanation/solution of the case, LOL~ The murderer must be between the friends, though. I don't think an outsider did that, the story wouldn't be as much fun that way. :P What do you think?

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 9

- Drunk Chitanda is very cute…although a bit annoying, but nonetheless very cute.

- Episode 8 and 9 were pretty interesting and I did feel the same curiosity I feel when I read a Sherlock Holmes’ story. I tried to solve the mystery and I came up with one crazy theory, it is probably wrong but anyway here’s my theory:

Sawakiguchi’s theory reminded of one of the mysteries in Gothic…and my theory is actually based on the events that happened in said mystery…I don’t think someone killed the leader of the group…I think he did it himself, I’m not saying he killed himself…I think he faked his own death in order to create panic among the other members of the group and observe whether they would help each other or if they would start blaming each other for the death of the leader of the group.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Agreed, I thought Oreki's theory was quite nice and makes sense. Totally forgot about the rope too but I honestly don't have a clue how it actually fits in <___< It's surprising and nice to see that Oreki failed for once.

Anyone else thought that Oreki was cute when he was so flattered about Irisu's comments? A new love rival maybe?

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Irisu > Chitanda

One of the undeniable truths of Hyouka

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zatono View Post
    Oh man, episode 10 really had me going. I was sure Oreki had it solved and then BAM, one vital piece was missing...I didn't remember the rope at all...
    I enjoyed watching Oreki trying to solve the mystery, however, what I enjoyed most about this episode was the interactions between Oreki and Irisu. She was just recently introduced into the series but Irisu has certainly caught my attention. I like her.

Now about the rope…maybe Oreki’s theory is not all that wrong and the cameraman was going to use that rope to kill all the other members of the group…or for some other purpose…

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    It's surprising and nice to see that Oreki failed for once.
    Okay, I admit I’m super biased in my opinion, but I still have hope that Oreki’s theory is not all that wrong and that he just overlooked a detail that will easily fit into his theory.

Quote Quote:
    Anyone else thought that Oreki was cute when he was so flattered about Irisu's comments? A new love rival maybe?
    Oreki and Irisu’s interactions were great! Chitanda is cute…but I don’t dislike the idea of an Oreki x Irisu pairing. Irisu is an interesting character and I’m looking forward to know more about her.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Oreki x Irisu? Nah, I feel like Irisu is too strong a woman for Oreki. I think we'll see more of her. I wonder with whom Irisu is chatting at the end of the eps? There's a mystery.

I don't particularly like this arc, since the first time Irisu shows up, I know something's off. But I like it that they discuss about Holmes and Christie. I am a Christie fan, so I choked a laugh when in the previous eps Oreki mentions a title of Christie's novel. Is it really true that Holmes is for beginner?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow...that tea shop scene was pretty intense. I actually can't believe this played out the way it did. I mean I knew something was strange when the amount of blood requested was small, but I had no idea that the reason was that there wasn't supposed to be a murder in the first place...

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Oreki x Irisu? No no no, some things just shouldn't be thought of.

I didn't really like Irisu. Like Oreki, I had the impression that she liked to control people and didn't care of their feelings, as long as in the surface everything worked out properly and everyone was happy.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the idea of the death and a hand chopped off with so much blood was not Hongou's idea, but Irisu's? Since Oreki's theory didn't cover that at all.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    I didn't really like Irisu. Like Oreki, I had the impression that she liked to control people and didn't care of their feelings, as long as in the surface everything worked out properly and everyone was happy.
    As a person I agree that Irisu is not very likeable, but as a character, I actually liked her. Maybe because I think of her as a tsundere that needs some love and who needs to feel that someone cares for her (for real) in order to show her soft and sweet side….

Maybe that is why I didn’t dislike the idea of a possible Irisu x Oreki pairing…

Quote Quote:
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the idea of the death and a hand chopped off with so much blood was not Hongou's idea, but Irisu's? Since Oreki's theory didn't cover that at all.
    From what I understood; I think Hongou’s classmates/teammates got a bit carried away with improvisation and even improvised during the shooting of the scene, therefore they added a scene that wasn’t in Hongou’s script.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    As a person I agree that Irisu is not very likeable, but as a character, I actually liked her. Maybe because I think of her as a tsundere that needs some love and who needs to feel that someone cares for her (for real) in order to show her soft and sweet side….

Maybe that is why I didn’t dislike the idea of a possible Irisu x Oreki pairing…
    Wait.. wait.. wait. Irisu? Tsundere? I'm somehow horrified of the notion. I recognize her more as the ruthless ice queen type.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Great episode today. Are culture fairs at japanese schools really that awesome?

Spoiler show

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty nice. Feels like taking a breath from being detectives, but trying to solve the crazy amount of anthologies they must sell. Interesting. Chitanda is so cute, though, I really can't resist! XD

Quote Originally Posted by Zatono View Post
    Great episode today. Are culture fairs at japanese schools really that awesome?

Spoiler show
    I think so. The schools there are popular with the festivals, if I remember correctly?

I agree with your spoiler box, Oreki is so funny, and I like him even more, ehehehe~ XD

New Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast