Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Hyouka

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hyouka

Houtarou is going to somehow solve this mystery and Satoshi is just going to crack. There was so much tension in this episode, and Houtarou pretty much slapping Satoshi in the face with logic didn't help either.

Chitanda and Mayaka are getting their dose of punishment too. Somehow Houtarou has the best deal here.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    I'm not sure why Satsohi is yet to respond to Mayaka's feelings... Back then Oreki has already told Chitanda how Mayaka has a crush on Satoshi. I think Satoshi likes her quite much too, I mean just how they look so good together, LOLOL~ I do hope they will end up together, just like how I wish for Oreki and Chitanda. <333
    OTP!
    It's obvious that Mayaka likes Satoshi a lot, as for Satoshi... Either he isn't thinking about any romance, or he just haven't realized his feelings.
    They look so cute together though! That moment when Mayaka blushed and Satoshi smiled at her...

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zatono View Post
    Lol at the Chitanda-Irisu interaction.
    Seems like Chitanda's purple puppy eyes work on anyone.

As soon as I saw the exchange for the flour I knew I was wrong about the items being used to help solve the mystery though.
    I didn't think it's going to be vital fro the cooking competition. Pretty clever.

This was a great episode though. I feel like it really showed how much Oreki's changed since episode 1. Especially his little lines like when he quietly spoke "fire" all by himself while just looking down at the people. It makes me think he might actually want to be down there himself.
    I think I knew how Oreki felt when he was all alone in the room, quietly clapped his hands and spoke "fire". It wasn't that he wanted to be down there, it's just when there wasn't anything going on around you and you were alone, you would follow whatever was done by people outside that you could hear just for the sake of doing something. That was why Oreki's expression was blank when he was doing all that.

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

I love the new eps! It was so fun that I could not stop watching it till the end.

I got to laugh when Oreki was dreading the moment Chitanda was going to say the word. His expression was priceless!

Oh, and even though he was hesitant about solving the mystery at first (by giving excuses like it was done by someone bored and that it was impossible to solve ), once he noticed the clue, he was immersed in it. When Mayaka points it out to him, he gives more excuses. (Poor Chitanda to be used as his excuse :P) LOL~ And the moment when Oreki reveals about Juumonji and the other finally realize the meaning, it was amusing. They looked so shocked and Oreki was casual about it. :P
    Oh, and I was right about Straw Millionaire! The changing of things was indeed based on that story. I thought it ends with the flour but.. whatever.
    Is it just my feeling or these eps are based on something? The theft was apparently based on Christie's ABC Murder (which I haven't read yet ).

Oh, and that friend of his is so annoying, but I'm glad he will be nothing next to Oreki. Mayaka's friends in Manga Society Club are even more annoying. It turns out that Mayaka's senpai is not that bad. Though there are more mysteries to that.
    Hmm... Small mysteries popped out here and there...

Poor Chitanda, she looks really tired. It seems that she couldn't really do what Irisu advised.
    Satoshi actually notes on how Oreki is changing, but do I detect a note of jealousy?

---------- Post added August 07, 2012 at 12:35 AM ---------- Previous post was August 05, 2012 at 10:15 PM ----------

Oreki's mysterious sister shows up again. I wonder if she has something with all of this mysteries (maybe the mastermind?). Just today, my friend proposed a theory that the person Irisu chatted with was Oreki's sister.That theory makes sense and I'm getting more suspicious since we can't see her face. Not to mention that Chitanda said she felt like she's seen her before. Hmm.

Now I feel this Juumoji mystery is a very big spiderweb in which everything connects. The trading things still continues until the manga shows up just like that! Moreover, it gives more clues to the mystery. Tvtropes will say that Chekov's guns are everywhere.

Oreki and Chitanda have more funny interactions... Dear Oreki, he's so innocent. I don't blame him though, Chitanda seems to disregard personal distance. That scene is bound to happen. I am even more amused by his reaction when Chitanda gets all sad after he tries to get Satoshi out of the room. It proves how he fears Chitanda's curiosity that knows no boundaries.

Oh, and Oreki is so out of the world. He didn't know his student council president's name??? I laughed out loud literally when he spat out that question.

The last scene? Chitanda is cutely clumsy.

P.S. I just realized there are titles of Sherlock novels and Christie's novels in ending song.
    Last edited by yukihime03; August 07, 2012 at 08:09 AM.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol at all the light vanishing from Chitanda's eyes when Oreki mentions "adult things". Seems like Chitanda gave herself a concussion too.

I thought Satoshi was going to blow up when he realized Oreki was ahead of him, but I guess he just decided to accept it.

Tomoe can see into the future by the way, it's the only possible explanation.

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I enjoyed this show even more. This so far proved to be the most complicated problem Oreki and gang have ever experienced. I like how Oreki wasn't able to resist his own curiosity from what I see, really, though most of the times we see him losing a curiosity battle and other kind of battles against the weak, lovely Chitanda. XD

We also see more new expressions lately from all of them. I really sympathize with Mayaka, she seemed to be very uncomfortable in Manga Society. Who would be? I don't really understand Satoshi. I guess he just wanted to prove himself this time, solving something Oreki can't? Chitanda tried her best but deep inside she seemed to feel so tired. Oreki... just like always. Trying to conserve energy, but ended up using it more than he wants to. XD

Can't wait for the solution, really. This Juumoji is very clever. I don't think he meant something bad, though. Also, seems quite possible that the case is related to Manga Society. XD

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

BRILLIANT!! BRAVO!! ENCORE!!

I don't think words are enough to say the conclusion of this mystery. Damn it, Oreki, you have known for some time and you decide to confront him directly as a marketing strategy? Now I understand why Oreki was checking the website last episode.

The big theme is expectations, eh? (and there seems to be subtle jealousy too.)
    I feel a little bit sad for Satoshi, Tanabe-senpai and Kouchi-senpai. They have a similar case, I think. I understand their feeling...

That moment between Mayaka and Satoshi makes me go crazy. Her expression and words convey a very obvious message! But Satoshi still decides not to return her feelings. *sigh*

Oh, and I like how the music fits the feeling of this eps. The next eps seems to be another eps where they only have fun, but I can be mistaken.

P.S. I want a kaichou like that!! Damn, his face is pleasing to mine eyes.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Good end to an amazing arc. Even though it seems Satoshi is okay for now, mark my words, he'll explode before the anime is over.

Not much else to say that hasn't already been said. This anime really doesn't disappoint, so glad that I picked it up.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree! I kinda turned into "" when I saw Oreki connecting all the threads one by one and hit the culprit right in front of him. Wow, just wow. How the heck did he even come up with that?! And he still shamelessly try to advertise Hyouka! From "" I turned to "" when I saw that, LOL~

I like how Hyouka lately portrayed more emotions and expressions from the characters. Although Oreki was not shown much since his last encounter with Irisu-senpai, we all can tell how much his 'color' have changed. Satoshi... I think deep inside he is actually jealous of Oreki. He has always liked this kind of detective story and being a detective himself, and as he expected himself to win over Oreki this time, he lost. Oreki and himself failed his expectations. Mayaka... I'm very sad for her. Things didn't go well for her, she kind of expected understanding from her senpai and from Satoshi as well, but failed too. I think Satoshi is too occupied with his own expectations that he failed to see Mayaka there for him. Baka! As for Chitanda... She was trying to keep up with expectations from Irisu-senpai and the rest of the club members in advertising Hyouka her own way. We all can see how it turned out. XD This is the first time Chitanda mentioned being 'tired' doing something for the club, if I remember correctly.

It would be great if next week's episode is more laid-back. I missed the happy faces of these four; I feel like they're not going well during this festival.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Your best Friend 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Hands down, probably the best arc so far as much as I loved the conclusion to the Hyouka Arc, the whole Kanyasai Festival Arc was amazing as a whole. Probably because the focus was on the characters this time and not the mystery. I experienced new sides to all the main characters, something that makes all of them multilayered. Especially Satoshi and Mayaka made a huge improvement in my opinion, I can empathise with both a lot more now.

And even though quite a few things didn't end happily (Satoshi, the whole manga incident) I felt like this was perfectly fine, that's just how life is. Not everything goes the way you want it to be - which brings me to the point that Hyouka is in no way a lovey dovey happy show.

Looking forward to the next episodes now

---------- Post added August 22, 2012 at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was August 16, 2012 at 05:12 PM ----------

Someone watched the new Hyouka ep? The mystery actually didn't interest me much but it felt like Oreki x Chitanda was heavily hinted at. And yep I enjoyed it felt nice to see a new side to Oreki as well - I was pretty surprised to when he wanted to research this. And even though Oreki explained why he did it I'm sure he wouldn't have done it before he got into the Club, he really changed

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oreki solved the mystery before he even left the school haha.

It was kind of a canon filler episode, but that's alright. I wouldn't expect to jump back into awesomeness so soon after the fair anyway.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Agreed with you two, boys.

I screamed quite much this episode from watching just Oreki annd Chitanda spending time together on their own~ The way they started the investigation and ended up forgetting it, instead enjoying the fun of solving the case Chitanda made... And all those blushing scenes... KYAAAAAA~

*inhales deeply*

I enjoyed the mystery, although as Zat said this is quite a filler episode. Nice to see this kind of episode after a serious one, especially since Oreki and Chitanda and get closer a bit more. <3

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

The last eps seem to revolve around Oreki and Chitanda a lot and it looks like next ep will be as well. Not that I mind, I absolutely love their interactions~ It's so heavily hinted at that they will end up being together, it's starting to get pretty obvious

Again, not that I mind <3 I do hope to see Mayaka and Satoshi soon too though. A lot of episodes focused on the mysteries so I'm really glad that they started to focus on the characters (and their development) more. Really enjoying Hoyuka for the last few weeks.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Just watched the latest episode...oh man. Oreki sure knows how to BS, but really...I can't believe he actually figured this out. If he doesn't become a detective when he's older someone should slap him. I loved the episode.

Also, this was the best scene IMO.

Spoiler show

20. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

It's funny how Hyouka became a lot more popular recently. When I first looked rarely anyone talked about it or drew a fanpic, now you can find that all over the net and on a random note, Hyouka was voted as the most popular anime of the season Check here: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...ril-june-anime

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 PM ----------

That scene was really funny but I prefer another one:

Spoiler show

Everything revolving around that scene

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

It's getting better, definitely. My past comments were rather disliking this series since I thought Chitanda's problem is the center of this series. When it turned out that this is more like detective series, things are more enjoyable ever since. Not to mention the dynamic was well played after that; the beginning was a bit heavy for me. Thank goodness I stick around, hohoho~

I really want to see them end up together oh my gosh. Though Oreki is not the type to say anything related to romance, frankly speaking. Now who doesn't agree?

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

If he doesn't become a detective when he's older someone should slap him.
    He needs to be more sociable first... Oh, and he needs to realize his own talent.

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

Oh dear... I kinda want to slap Oreki for saying that his ability is luck rather than talent... No one can believe that. No one is that lucky.
    I understand that he doesn't want to be labeled as a talented person (considering that label will bring expectation and responsibility, and Oreki is still too lazy to fulfill those) but still... that's really pushing it, Oreki.

I have to laugh at the fact that whenever Chitanda gets excited, she won't realized how far she has pushed into another person's personal space. I laughed when Chitanda keeps saying that it's impossible while keep pushing into Oreki's space, and only when Oreki tells her to calm down, she realizes what she has done.
    Both of them blushing is an amusing sight.

Oreki might have a talent in acting too, shown when he "plays out" the situation of returning money.

Dear Oreki, you really don't realize how good you are.

I kinda miss Satoshi and Mayaka, but I guess it will be focused on Oreki and Chitanda again next eps. Well, it's a new year eps, it should be fun!

New Reply
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast