Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Hyouka

Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hyouka

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    It's getting better, definitely. My past comments were rather disliking this series since I thought Chitanda's problem is the center of this series. When it turned out that this is more like detective series, things are more enjoyable ever since. Not to mention the dynamic was well played after that; the beginning was a bit heavy for me. Thank goodness I stick around, hohoho~

I really want to see them end up together oh my gosh. Though Oreki is not the type to say anything related to romance, frankly speaking. Now who doesn't agree?
    I enjoyed it since the beginning but seriously, it got a lot better. I really enjoyed the first episode and the introduction of Mayaka + Satoshi but it fell a bit down after that. The mystery was okay and Oreki + the special animation was the only factors that made it above average (for me). Then the Hyouka Arc came and really impressed, especially the conclusion was plain awesome. The mysteries went up a bit + it started to focus more on the characters, which absolutely made it for me. The most character focused Arc (Kanyasai) was the best one, without a doubt. I like all 4 of the mainies and the side characters like Irisu are quite interesting too so I'm really enjoying this now <3

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Another good episode today. While there wasn't really any mystery, the amount of shipping going on is enormous lol.

Poor Oreki, his wish was crushed almost immediately.
    Spoiler show

I'm almost sad knowing that this'll be ending soon. Ah well...

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah only two more episodes, I will really miss the show

That was nothing but a shipping episode and yet I'm still a bit disappointed. I did enjoy the episode but I would have loved to see more progress regarding Oreki x Chitanda. It's hinted at the fact that they're starting to fall in love with each other heavily but their relationship didn't progress much :/ and two remaining episodes makes me realize that it probably won't happen.

Me is hoping for a second season

Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if Chiranda is clever or dense? She told Oreki not to shout but she given up to use her obi string?

A fun episode. Nothing much from the mystery side, but more of a friendship journey between the four friends. Nice to see Oreki and Satoshi being "connected" like that, hehe~

I'm sad it is ending, and I'm rather worried how it'd end, since the preview didn't look like one concluding episode.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sad it is ending, and I'm rather worried how it'd end, since the preview didn't look like one concluding episode.
    As far as I know Hyouka is based on a novel so there probably won't be any clear conclusion as they most likely didn't animate everything.

I expect some kind of "And so our journey continued..." end.

(And I hope you know there will be two more eps )

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    As far as I know Hyouka is based on a novel so there probably won't be any clear conclusion as they most likely didn't animate everything.

I expect some kind of "And so our journey continued..." end.

(And I hope you know there will be two more eps )
    Hm~ That's true.

(WHAT? SERIOUSLY?!! I'M SO HAPPY YAYAYAYAYAYAYA~ I wonder what the bonus episodes will talk about? )

omg I just checked and looks like I'm wrong, sorry phio - niichan
    Last edited by naruto-niichan; September 05, 2012 at 10:33 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ohhhh man...this episode had some serious character development. I mean...jeeze I don't even know what to say.

And there's only one more episode? I know there's supposed to be an OVA in January but...

If we can't get another season I'm going to be highly upset. =/

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zatono View Post
    And there's only one more episode? I know there's supposed to be an OVA in January but...

If we can't get another season I'm going to be highly upset. =/
    Gosh, when I checked some weeks ago it showed 22 episodes. When I checked a few ago it showed 21 episodes - and now it shows 22 again. Not that I wouldn't mind though

Didn't watch it yet so thanks for not mentioning anything concrete I shall watch it soon, sounds like a pretty nice episodes from your comment

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

shit Satoshi what did you do? That's such a cruel thing to do and even though I somehow understand his point I can't help but feel angry about it. I wonder what his answer was at the end, I'm so rooting for Satoshi x Mayaki now, they love each other so please don't let something like this stand between you

And Oreki x Chitanda was hinted at again... me soooo wants a second season!

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Now we get to see what is wrong with Satoshi.
    I know since the first time that a happy-go-lucky person like him will have a dark side. This episode confirms this. What he did was cruel indeed, but that will be the pot calling the kettle black in my case. I understand his way of thinking and that is why I feel sorry for him. They both like each other and Mayaka has tried so hard to get an answer from Satoshi, yet Satoshi is hindered by his fear. I do really hope that Satoshi gives an answer to her straightforwardly, whatever his answer is.
    Since he is already so lucky to have someone who likes him and whom he likes back, I also hope that he will not waste this chance.

As for Oreki and Chitanda ... :| Will we ever know how things will go between them?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    Now we get to see what is wrong with Satoshi.
    I know since the first time that a happy-go-lucky person like him will have a dark side. This episode confirms this. What he did was cruel indeed, but that will be the pot calling the kettle black in my case. I understand his way of thinking and that is why I feel sorry for him. They both like each other and Mayaka has tried so hard to get an answer from Satoshi, yet Satoshi is hindered by his fear. I do really hope that Satoshi gives an answer to her straightforwardly, whatever his answer is.
    Since he is already so lucky to have someone who likes him and whom he likes back, I also hope that he will not waste this chance.

As for Oreki and Chitanda ... :| Will we ever know how things will go between them?
    Well as harsh at is sounds, Satoshi is just a coward when he runs away from Mayaka. Like you said, he's lucky enough to love and be loved by the same person, it's plain stupid to stay inside your nutshell. I understand that through this way life is comfortable for him but he's not truly happy - like you could see when he felt jealousy towards Oreki. For me he's someone who has given up, saying there's nothing he's the best at. You grow through failure and through win, both are a part of your life. Mayaka is the best chance to break free from this slump he's in, as comfortable as it may be.

And yes, I know that's easier said than done. That's what I would tell him as a friend though.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

...And thus ends Hyouka. I won't say anything at all, just watch it for yourself and let it just sink in.

KyoAni did an amazing job with this episode and the anime overall, and it makes me sad to know this won't be part of my week anymore.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zatono View Post
    ...And thus ends Hyouka. I won't say anything at all, just watch it for yourself and let it just sink in.

KyoAni did an amazing job with this episode and the anime overall, and it makes me sad to know this won't be part of my week anymore.
    Shit it's really over the end felt so not end-like XD there's so much left, they just ended it with a everyday life episode and there was absolutely no ending speech - yes I'm trying to keep my hopes up for a second season

When Houtarou said that at the end I was really surprised and happy but when it turned out that he just wanted to say it.... oh well, I guess he finally realized that he's in love with Chitanda

Want a second season!

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Goodbye, Hyouka. The ending feels somehow strange to me, though it leaves a very open ending, which I kind of like, since this series started like that too. I think I see the hints that Satoshi and Mayaka are growing a better relationship, as well as Oreki and Chitanda upon Oreki's realization of what he feels towards the girl. I was very disappointed when Oreki didn't really say what he had in his imagination since it was very, VERY, damn sweet, but that's just the way this pairing is, and I like it the way they are.

Oh, well. There's going to be an OVA? What will it be about, any news?

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, well. There's going to be an OVA? What will it be about, any news?
    OVA is episode 11.5 - a sidestory written by the author of the novels.

And phio there's just one novel left to animate, me is hoping for a film, OVA or another short season <3

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Aaaaaah. It ends. :|

The ending is so open that I dare myself to hope for another season.

I just feel weird at the dreamy scene when Oreki is holding the umbrella. Too... dramatic?
    And why is it that when Oreki asks Mayaka about her relationship with Satoshi, she answers 'normal'? So, what was Satoshi's answer? o_O
    Oh, and that part when Oreki wants to say 'taking care of the business side'... it feels more like a wedding proposal to me.

New Reply
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast