Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
That pass at the end was pretty awesome by Kruoko - and the following remarks he made. I skipped somewhat head to the manga to see what happenes. ^^
And it was so happy that Seirin won the game just as happy as I was when the Miami HEAT won against the Celtics.
You are really tempting me, Charlie ^^….no…I have to be strong and I have to resist the temptation to go read the manga and spoil myself. Just one thing….the game against the green-haired guy’s team…is it an awesome one? And the guy Kuroko encountered in the restroom…he is able to notice Kuroko’s presence, right?Quote:
I will only say that that new tricks will be shown and everyone will get stronger. .
I don't remember too much as I quickly browsed through the manga. So I cant really spoil too much in that regard.
heh thank for the recommend des-chan. that anime is awesome, as a basketball fan i got to say that anime was a good dish that i enjoyed eating till the last bit . I was totally hooked on it, saw all the episodes in 2 days
well can't wait for the next episode
---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------
I’m thrilled to know you like the anime; I like it very much too. Do you have a favorite character?Quote:
Thank you so much for posting that video!! It is cool to know that Kuroko’s pass is something that it can actually be done in RL.Quote:
And talking about amazing things, I do wonder if Midorima’s shot at the very end of the episode is something doable in RL.
OT: I love your sig!!
Another awesome episode!!
- Kuroko’s way of thinking is priceless! His comment about the meteor made me LOL!
- Aida is so cute!! She was so cute during the scene in which she was thinking about how to cheer the guys up. Btw, maybe it is just me but I really think Hyuga likes Aida, I think he has a secret crush on her. And tbh, I do like the idea of a Hyuga x Aida pairing.
- Kagami is an incredible player but just like Kuroko I was beginning to worry about his attitude during the 3Q. He became selfish and he was focusing on winning the game without caring how it was done, thankfully Kuroko’s punch made me realize that he was wrong and that he needed to trust and believe in his teammates. Kuroko’s punch also made Kagami understand what victory truly means.
I enjoyed this episode very much and I can’t wait to watch the next one!
well it's doable IRL, be no one do that. That the kind of play even on highlight you don't see it. The only case when a player try to shoot from that far, it's when there is few seconde left on the clock, and they try to do buzzer beater. But generally it fail or it's not from that far. but it;s not impossibleQuote:
ty, Lebron was amazing this post season. he really deserved his championship. Can't wait for the Olympic gameQuote:
didn't watch the ep 12 yet
Thanks for the explanation and for the vid, scav!! I was while watching that video. So there is a RL Midorima! It is cool to know that the plays and tricks in Kuroba are not all that impossible in real life.Quote:
ITA with you.Quote:
It was a very good episode so I’m sure you’ll enjoy it. ^_^Quote:
---------- Post added July 08, 2012 at 06:22 PM ---------- Previous post was June 24, 2012 at 04:32 PM ----------
New OP and new ED!!! I know there are some complains among the fandom about the OP and ED’s animation and yeah…it is not the best, but despite that fact, I still like the new OP and ED very much! The new songs are catchy and the few images that appear in both the OP and ED give us a glimpse of what we can look forward to.
-The scenes at the restaurants were priceless!! I like the interactions between the guys.
- # 2 is so cute!!! I definitely approve of the newest member of the Seirin team. :thumb
- Kagami’s fear of dogs and of #2 was both funny and cute.
-Pink-haired girl (Momoi?) whose name I can’t remember very well…she has a great body and she is pretty but I don’t trust her and I don’t like her all that much either. Maybe it was the words of one of Aomine’s teammates (I think he is the captain of the team), but I think she went to check on Kuroko and the other Seirin’s guys to spy on them. I admit that her crush on Kuroko is cute and funny…and Kuroko’s reaction to that crush is the funniest part of that situation, but there is something fishy about her.
-Kagami’s legs are not 100% back to normal yet so I’m a bit worried about Seirin’s next match… hopefully Kagami is 100% recovered by then.
-Aomine…he is an interesting character and I can’t wait to know more about him.
-It was very cool how in this episode we got to learn a bit more about “The Generation of Miracles” and the interactions between the members of that team, it seems Kuroko and Aomine were very close…their relationship/friendship resemblance Kuroko and Kagami’s relationship/friendship.
- Great episode and I can’t wait to watch the next episode!!
Aomine is the most interesting one out of the Generation of Miracles for me (so far).
lol i need to catch up, im still at the episode 12.
Ohayo Gozaimasu~! So I watched the first thirteen episodes in one day at the request of my destiny, which shall rule my life for ever... ~er well, that is to say, its a great anime thus far. Ganbattemasu! In comparison to Ahiru no Sora, another basketball manga, the pace is much faster, the story is not as deep, and everything comes much easier to the team. But the last point is to be expected as the team in Kuroko no Basket are weathered veterans who've played since middle school, whereas the team in Ahiru no Sora are beginners. At any rate I find a significant factor of interest here to be Kuroko's style of playing; it is a unique and intriguing twist to traditional basketball. But beyond that, I see his reason for choosing teamwork over victory to be an unexplained plot hole thus far, and the story's lack of exterior(outside of Basketball) conflict and ulterior motives to be disappointing. I feel the only think of interest in this manga is the basketball techniques themselves, beyond that, there seems to be no story at all.
He is very similar to Kuroko, even their personalities are similar! And what makes thing even funnier is Kagami’s extreme fear of dogs.Quote:
I agree with you and I hope for that as well. And I know pink-haired girl claims that she loves Kuroko but Aomine is very special and important to her as well. Maybe she likes Aomine as well?Quote:
My favorite is still Kise but I do agree that Aomine is the most interesting one.Quote:
---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------
---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 PM ----------
Yes, the story is not very deep and complex, like in Sakamichi no Apollon for example.Quote:
Kuroko’s skills are a very important part of what makes this series entertaining, IMHO. The contrast between Kuroko’s insipid personality and his exciting and bold style of playing is one of my favorite things about this anime.Quote:
I have a feeling that will be explained in this second part of the series.Quote:
I see your point and it is a very valid one, but I think the plot and the story will be explored a lot more in this second part of the series.Quote:
However, I do admit that I don’t really watch Kuroko no Basket for the story (because for my drama fix I watch Big, a K-drama that I love ), I watch it because I like basketball and I love watching basketball games.
---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------
Another great episode!
This episode reminded me of another reason why I watch Kuroko no Basket. It is not just about basketball, it is also about the characters. I like the characters in this series and they are another reason why I watch this anime.
- The OP has changed a little bit. Some scenes have been removed and some new scenes have been added to the OP; however, the change is a good one since the new scenes have made the OP even cooler.
- The bento at the beginning of the episode was cute!! And it looked very tasty~
- I was expecting for the bento guy who seemed wimpy and kept apologizing for everything to be strong but I wasn’t expecting him to be that strong. In addition, I wasn’t surprised about the strength of the Captain of Aomine’s team. In fact, I’m expecting him to show his real strength once he opens his eyes. Aomine’s team is super strong so I think Seirin is in big trouble…winning against Aomine’s team won’t be easy at all.
- Number 2 wearing the Seirin uniform was so cute!!!
- Angry Riko is scary but also funny. I really like that girl.
- It was very nice to learn more about Aomine and the generations of miracles. And it does seem as if Aomine and Kuroko were more than just teammates, it seems they were best friends. So the reason why Aomine became arrogant, self-centered and very different from the Aomine of the past (when he had just joined the GM) was because he couldn’t find a real rival who could make basketball fun again. I hope Kagami becomes that rival and helps Aomine have fun playing basketball again.
- I thought it was pretty cool how we got to see glimpses of the lives outside of school of each one of the Seirin’s players. It was a quick way to learn a bit more about them.
- I’m very curious about the certain event that happened in national tournament during their third year that Kuroko rapidly mentioned and that is the reason why he quitted the Teiko basketball Team; I wonder what happened during that tournament.
- I so can’t wait to watch the next episode!!
Last edited by destiny4ever; July 14, 2012 at 09:22 PM.
lol, ignoring my joke... np, I did say i'd watch anything of the season you requested.Quote:
Exactly, that's the story's hook, it draws us in.... but a hook doesn't keep the fish on the line forever, you need a bucket. And to be honest, just watching a basketball team win games is such a bore, i'd rather watch a real game on TV or in person. Don't get me wrong, their playing does excite me and I find myself rooting for their victory; but right now the characters seem so paper thin. It would be nice to see conflict outside of the court and maybe some internal conflict. At least let us now the characters are real and deepen the universe a bit. Of course the main focus will be on the games themselves, but maybe add a little romance...Quote:
I hope so. I'd also like to know a bit more about this supposed 'love'Quote:
I believe both goals can be accomplished. If you have a little time read a couple chapters from "Ahiru no Sora" there is a lot of 'just playing basketball' that you like, but there's also so much more. To be honest I feel it deserves an anime far more than "Kuroko no Basket".Quote:
What joke? I thought that was you being sweet...Quote:
And for that I thank you.Quote:
I really love your sayings/proverbs and you are right.Quote:
I agree and I do think at this point the story does need to get more depth, and after watching the last episode I think the story is going in that direction, or at least I hope so.Quote:
Maybe Seirin will lose this game and that will incite a conflict that will help develop the characters better?Quote:
I don’t think romance will play an important part in this series…Quote:
Don’t get me wrong, I didn’t say that both goals can’t be accomplished. I was just trying to explain that I enjoy Kuroko no Basket for what it is, an anime about basketball that is cool to watch but that doesn’t have a lot of depth. Of course, I would love for Kuroba’s story and for its characters to have more depth but…tbh...the lack of complexity and depth don’t bother me to the point of making want stop watching the series. Maybe it's because of the bishies and the cool games, but I do enjoy watching this anime.Quote:
Last edited by destiny4ever; July 15, 2012 at 04:07 PM.
Oh, I was... but I said it was a joke so I didn't sound so creepy, lolQuote:
I'm flattered that you should call them proverbs when I just thought of them on the spot. I believe proverbs have been weathered firm through the years.Quote:
I'll reply after I watch the latest episode, i'm a little slow here for various RL reasons.Quote:
I believe that is always an important development in any sports manga/movie/book. A loss teaches characters humility and the taste of defeat spurs them to climb higher. Also defeat is a true test of the teams compadability and individual character.Quote:
I as well doubt that, that was just an example.... though even if it doesn't play an important role, a underlying romance helps to keep things interesting and real.Quote:
Can't say I watch it for the bishies, lol. Maybe Bishojos like Destiny-chan... There is no doubt its good enough to go on as it is, and I will certainly watch it as it is, I just believe its missing its potential, and for that reason will always remain second rate. But then again, i'm a little behind the curb here and haven't seen the latest episode, so i'm not a fair judge.Quote:
Last edited by OtakuModeEngage; July 15, 2012 at 06:48 PM.
You thought them on the stop? So they are OtakuModeEngage original phrases? I must say you have a talent to create sayings them.Quote:
I agree that is exactly what happened inQuote:
Ahh…I see and yes, I agree.Quote:
So I can assume one of the reasons you watch Kuroko no Basket is for Aida and Momoi?
Ahhh…I see your point now.Quote: