Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Kuroko no Basuke/Basket

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kuroko no Basuke/Basket

Kuroko no Basket

Synopsis
    Kuroko is a member from the legendary middle school basketball team known as "The Generation of Miracles", and while nobody seems to know about him, the main 5 players of the team all admit that he is a better player. When he joins the high school basketball team, everyone is surprised to find out that he is small, weak, and easy to miss. What is the secret that makes him so strong, and how will he help his high school team?

Opening Theme:
    "Can Do" by GRANRODEO

Ending Theme:
    "Start it right away" by Hyadain

Japanese staff
    Spoiler show

Japanese cast
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by destiny4ever; April 07, 2012 at 05:29 PM.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TemplateR's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Kuroko no Basuke

Episodes: unknown number of episodes
    Aired: Apr 7, 2012 to ?
    Producers: Production I.G.
    Genres: Comedy, Drama, School Life, Shounen, Sports

Summary:

Once upon a time, the basketball team of Teikou Middle School rose to distinction by demolishing all competition. The regulars of this team became known as the "Generation of Miracles". After graduating from middle school, these five stars went to different high schools with top basketball teams. However, a fact few know is that there was another player of the "Generation of Miracles", the phantom sixth player. This mysterious player is now a freshman at Seirin High, a new school with a powerful, if little-known, team. Now, Tetsuya Kuroko, the sixth member of the "Generation of Miracles", and Kagami, a naturally talented player who spent most of middle school in America, are aiming to bring Seirin to the top of Japan, taking on Kuroko's old teammates one by one.

Comment:

Animation, Charakter Designs and Cast Voices are nearly perfect for "Kuroko's Basketball", but the Shadows under the skins are little weird.
    Anyway, the first episodes consist the whole first page and was perfect. But I hope, that Studio "Production I.G." isn´t doing the whole series with "1 Episode = 1 Chapter" just like One Piece is doing.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kuroko no Basuke

Quote Originally Posted by TemplateR View Post

Comment:
    But I hope, that Studio "Production I.G." isn´t doing the whole series with "1 Episode = 1 Chapter" just like One Piece is doing.
    I don’t think they are going to do that, starting next episode I’m expecting for them to cover at least two chapters in one episode.

Episode 1 was pretty good, especially the second part of it. My favorite character so far is the red-haired guy, Kagami, he is cool. However, I didn’t know that weakness and strength had a smell. That part was funny. Kuroko is cute and I guess his power is being invisible during the game…

Another thing that I liked was the fact that the coach was a girl.

Looking forward to episode 2!

---------- Post added April 14, 2012 at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was April 07, 2012 at 07:10 PM ----------

Episode 2

I can’t wait to watch episode 3!!!

It was a very good episode. I loved the scene at the rooftop; it was funny and cool at the same time. My favorite character is still Kagami; I like how passionate he is about basketball. The coach is another favorite of mine. She is a pretty cool girl.

Kise is . I was expecting for him to be an arrogant pretty boy but he doesn’t seem like a bad guy, he seems nice enough and I like the rivalry that seems to have begun between Kagami and him. And wow, Kise is an amazing basketball player!!

About Kuroko, he is cute and I was touched by his reason for playing basketball. And judging by what he said at the end of the episode, he has become really attached to Kagami. As different as those two are, they will become the best of friends I’m sure of it.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kuroko no Basuke/Basket

Seeing as I've sort of been a basketball mood lately (lol xD) I decided to check this series out. So far I'm really enjoying it! It's no Slam Dunk (seems like every basketball series is compared to Slam Dunk ), and I disliked some elements such as Aida's unrealistic analysis based on seeing the players half-naked, but the series is pretty fun to watch and I like how it focuses on a passer (a rather invisible one at that). Can't wait to see they guys play against another school's team!

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yay! CrudeCross has joined this thread!!

Quote Originally Posted by CrudeCross View Post
    and I disliked some elements such as Aida's unrealistic analysis based on seeing the players half-naked,
    I think that part shouldn’t be taken very seriously; I think it has to do more with fanservice than with reality.

Quote Quote:
    but the series is pretty fun to watch and I like how it focuses on a passer (a rather invisible one at that).
    Glad to read you’re enjoying this series. So…is Kurokou your favorite character so far?

Quote Quote:
    Can't wait to see they guys play against another school's team!
    I think we’ll get to see that in the next episode. ^_^ I’m expecting an interesting game but I’m not expecting for them to win the game against Kise’s school.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Glad to read you’re enjoying this series. So…is Kurokou your favorite character so far?
    So far he is my favourite character. He's pretty odd but I think that's what I like about him xD. I also really like his voice, I remember hearing his voice actor in Ghost Hound. He's got this really cool, subdued voice!

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well…my favorite character is Taiga but I do like Kuroko…I think he is a very unique and interesting main character. Another thing that I like very much is the contrast between Taiga and Kuroko, they are so different from each other but at the same time they complement each other very well.

---------- Post added April 22, 2012 at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was April 18, 2012 at 10:43 PM ----------

Episode 3

I’m enjoying this series a lot!! And it could easily become one of my favorite series.

- The first half of the game was awesome!! Kagami and Kuroko make such an awesome duo! They are definitely one of Serin’s strong points.

- I like the rivalry between Kise and Kagami and I like how each time Kise tries to scare or put Kagami down it only causes Kagami to laugh and feel more empowered.

- We learned about Kuroko’s weakness and Kise’s weakness as well.

- Next episode promises to be pretty great, I can’t wait to watch the next episode!!

---------- Post added May 06, 2012 at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was April 22, 2012 at 02:10 PM ----------

Episode 5

- This episode wasn’t as exciting as the last one (last episode was awesome!! And super exciting!), however, what it lacked in excitement it compensated in hilarity. This episode was very funny, the steak part was hilarious!

- Maybe I’m totally wrong, but for a moment there I had the feeling that Junpei might have a crush on Riko.

- Kise. He is a cool character and it was a treat watching him, Kuroko and Taiga playing basketball as a team against a group of thugs.

- It wasn’t mentioned right in the open but Kise finally understood why Kuroko admires Kagami and likes to play basketball in Seirin. I think Kuroko likes to play in Seirin because of the companionship he feels when playing there, he feels that he is a part of a team and the guys in the team do care about each other.

- I really like the OST of this series and I can’t wait to listening to it!

- Kuroko no Basket really deserves more love here on MH, it is a great series and it would be fantastic if more people were to watch it.

- Looking forward to the next episode!
    Last edited by destiny4ever; May 06, 2012 at 07:03 PM.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Featured] Kuroko no Basuke/Basket

I loved it when Kuroko burned the thug's nose by spinning the ball with his finger . And Kuroko did something in this episode (as well as in the last one) which I love doing when playing Basketball: striking the ball with my hand when the opponent's holding it, making him lose it. There's probably some term for that.

Watching this show always gets me in the mood to play basketball !

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I loved it when Kuroko burned the thug's nose by spinning the ball with his finger .
    I didn’t notice that, thank you for mentioning it, CrudeCross! Now I understand the thug’s reaction.

Quote Quote:
    And Kuroko did something in this episode (as well as in the last one) which I love doing when playing Basketball: striking the ball with my hand when the opponent's holding it, making him lose it. There's probably some term for that.
    Turnover?

Btw, what do you think of the new character? The green-haired guy? He is an interesting character but I have a feeling he won’t be as nice as Kise.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    Turnover?

Btw, what do you think of the new character? The green-haired guy? He is an interesting character but I have a feeling he won’t be as nice as Kise.
    Yeah it's a turnover, but to be more specific what I mean is simply slapping the ball out of the opponent's hands

Green-haired guy seems a little odd what with his obsession with horoscopes and superstition. He looks like he won't be a nice guy, in fact I think each member of the Generation of Miracles that's introduced will be meaner than the last one. Also, I wonder why he tapes his fingers?

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah it's a turnover, but to be more specific what I mean is simply slapping the ball out of the opponent's hands
    Ahhh. ^_^ And yep, Kuroko is pretty good at doing that.

Quote Quote:
    Green-haired guy seems a little odd what with his obsession with horoscopes and superstition.
    Maybe his weakness will have to do with that?

Quote Quote:
    He looks like he won't be a nice guy, in fact I think each member of the Generation of Miracles that's introduced will be meaner than the last one.
    Interesting theory… if proven right, then I guess Kise will be the nicer one out of the five members of the GM. We know that the green-haired guy doesn’t like Kuroko but respects him; I wonder how the interactions between him and Taiga will be like…

Quote Quote:
    Also, I wonder why he tapes his fingers?
    I was wondering about that as well…maybe to protect his fingers and avoid getting them broken?

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I was wondering about that as well…m...g them broken?

Yeah he's probably scared of this happening :

http://9gag.com/gag/4110418

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah he's probably scared of this happening :

http://9gag.com/gag/4110418
    ROFL!!! Yeah, that must be it! But in all seriousness, I do remember playing basketball and volleyball and hurting my fingers pretty badly, not to the point of getting them broken, but I do remember it was very painful.

22. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

The last episode was only so-so for me, the whole bread thing didn't really get to me @@ the basketball match is good though, somehow they always look great. Don't like that big dude (Papa M'Baba or what was it? XD) and was really pleased when that "kid" Kuroko tricked him

I'm pretty sure that they will advance to the Championship match where they will meet the green-haired dude of the GM. Could be the first match where they actually fail, they can't advance straight to the top right from the start <__<

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 7

This week’s episode was okay, not bad but not excellent either. The best part of the episode for me was the last part, the green-haired guy is awesome!!! He is funny because of his superstitions (kuma-chan ) but he is extremely good. Kuroko and Taiga and all the Seirin team will have to fight hard if they want to defeat the green-haired guy and his team.

Last but not least, it was pretty cool to see Seirin, Kuroko and Taiga defeat Oto-san using strategy and teamwork.

---------- Post added June 10, 2012 at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was May 19, 2012 at 06:50 PM ----------

Episode 10

- Another awesome episode! I was very happy that Seirin was able to beat one of the kings. It was also pretty nice that we got to see the seniors show their unique skills. I was especially impressed by #5’s (can’t remember his name) eagle eyes. Of course the best moment in the episode was Kuroko’s out-of-this-world pass!! I know it is actually impossible to do that in RL (at least I think it is impossible to do that, right?) but it was so cool!!! And I haven’t said this before…but I really like the Coach x Megane-kun pairing (sorry but I can’t remember their names), they are so cute together.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; June 10, 2012 at 07:03 PM.

25. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast