Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Kuroko no Basuke/Basket

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member OtakuModeEngage's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kuroko no Basuke/Basket

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    You thought them on the stop? So they are OtakuModeEngage original phrases? I must say you have a talent to create sayings them.
    Thanks, in these hands I entrust my future, if they should falter, it is inevitable that I should be cast aside as well, and the pages of history leave me blank.

Quote Quote:
    I agree that is exactly what happened in
    Spoiler: another anime show
    its a common plot devise rather. Overused? I think not as it serves its purpose. cliches are an inescapable factor of a genre, in fact i'd gather they are expected and thus necessary, for they make the genre what it is. Well, there's only so many new ideals left in the world, most everything is nothing but a deranged copy of a former success... but is that to say copies are wrong? I think not, importance lies not in whether you use a cliche or not, but how you twist it and make it your own. And here i go rambling off topic again.

Quote Quote:
    So I can assume one of the reasons you watch Kuroko no Basket is for Aida and Momoi?
    Hardly, they're not worth it to be honest. Well cute no doubt, but who isn't in anime? I'm watching Kuoko no Basket to see the teams on court development. (as well, at the time that's all you can watch it for)

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OtakuModeEngage View Post
    Thanks, in these hands I entrust my future, if they should falter, it is inevitable that I should be cast aside as well, and the pages of history leave me blank.
    Deep and cool saying!

Quote Quote:
    its a common plot devise rather. Overused? I think not as it serves its purpose. cliches are an inescapable factor of a genre, in fact i'd gather they are expected and thus necessary, for they make the genre what it is. Well, there's only so many new ideals left in the world, most everything is nothing but a deranged copy of a former success... but is that to say copies are wrong? I think not, importance lies not in whether you use a cliche or not, but how you twist it and make it your own. And here i go rambling off topic again.
    A big off topic, but you are right. And…after watching the latest episode I do think the plot devise (Seirin losing game) we were talking about is going to be used.

Quote Quote:
    Hardly, they're not worth it to be honest. Well cute no doubt, but who isn't in anime? I'm watching Kuoko no Basket to see the teams on court development. (as well, at the time that's all you can watch it for)
    Ah, okay.

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 PM ----------

Episode 16

- I really want for Seirin to win but I have a strong feeling that Seirin will lose the game against Touo. Touo is unbelievable good, they are very strong and I don’t think Seirin will be able to defeat them.

- Kuroko trying to be funny was priceless! “but I got it” Lol.

- Momoi…I knew there was more than meet the eye about her. She is not only cute she is also very smart and astute. Gathering info about Seirin and then using that info to defeat Seirin…Momoi is pretty clever.

- The pic shown at the very end of the episode, the one of Momoi and Aomine…they look so cute together and it only reinforces my belief that the one Momoi loves is Aomine and not Kuroko.

I can’t wait to watch the next episode.

---------- Post added July 28, 2012 at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was July 21, 2012 at 07:29 PM ----------

Episode 17

Another great episode!!

Half of me is expecting for Seirin to lose this game, but the other half is rooting for Seirin and hoping for them to win this game. I was rooting for Kagami the whole time during this episode.

And wow, Aomine is a monster!! He is incredible! And I don’t know if what he did at the end of the episode is possible in RL, but what a way to score a point!!!

I can’t wait for the next episode!!

P.S. The mandatory lemons in honey for basketball players appear in this episode ^_^.

---------- Post added August 05, 2012 at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was July 28, 2012 at 08:19 PM ----------

Episode 18

- They lost. Although I’m sad that Seirin lost I think it was the best thing that it could happen. Yeah, I won’t deny that I wanted them to win but the way in which they lost…I liked it. They went down fighting until the very end, they were utterly crushed but they didn’t give up and gave their all.

- Aomine is just…incredible! He is super arrogant, but at least his arrogance has grounds. He is amazing! I wonder if somewhere in the future there will be someone who could beat him and if the author decides to create said character I wonder who will be the one to beat Aomine and how said character will do it.

- And the most interesting bit of the episode was how Aomine told Tetsu that he was disappointed because Tetsu hadn’t improved since high school. I hope that inspires Kuroko to be a better player.

- Since Seirin was eliminated from the championship, I’m curious who they will be playing against now.

- A new player has appeared? Who is that new guy who appeared in the preview? I can’t wait to find out.

- Looking forward to the next episode!
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 24

- Aomine vs. Kise…..absolutely awesome!! This episode was amazing! I enjoyed this episode from the very beginning until the end. While I have always Kise, watching this episode made me look at Kise in a new light. It was great seeing him put all of him in trying to “defeat” his idol, in trying to catch up to Aomine. Another nice thing was the fact that Kise has finally understood Kuroko’s feelings regarding playing as part of a real team. Kise has always been very child-like but he did a bit of growing up in this episode.

- Aomine….finally there is someone who has faced him and who might have the chance to prove to Aomine that there can be other one than (Aomine) himself that would be able to beat him and that someone is Kise!!

- There is only one more episode left , I’m really going to miss this series. I hope there is another season of Kuroko because this story totally deserves another season.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Limit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The newest episode was nothing short of amazing, definitely one of my fav. episodes so far. Kise is trying his hardest to beat the person he always looked up to and I'm rooting for him, though I can't imagine Aomine losing to anyone before his rematch with Seirin. Kuroko made it clear that he'll help Aomine change, so I can't think of anyone beating Aomine until then.

Either way, I can't wait for the conclusion. I'm definitely going to miss it, hopefully it'll be back in a season or two.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

- There is only one more episode left , I’m really going to miss this series. I hope there is another season of Kuroko because this story totally deserves another season.
    There's no doubt we will get a second season. The anime was a huge success, boosting Kuroko's manga sales by a lot and pushing it's ranking in the TOC of WSJ. Another season in winter or spring at latest seems very likely.

That being said, the episodes was really well done. As a manga reader I can tell that they're doing a perfect job, probably surpassing the manga. The reason mostly being that I look forward to every episode even though I know what's going to happen. And trust me, with the events yet to come I so can't wait to see the next season. If they can maintain that quality the new season will be even more epic

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Limit View Post
    Kise is trying his hardest to beat the person he always looked up to and I'm rooting for him…
    I’m rooting for him as well. And I like how Kise wants to beat Aomine but at the same time he doesn’t want for Aomine to lose.

Quote Quote:
    so I can't think of anyone beating Aomine until then.
    While I do agree that the Kuroko-Kagami combi will be the one to defeat Aomine, I do hope that this game against Kise has a positive effect on Aomine and helps him being less jaded/cynical about basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    There's no doubt we will get a second season. The anime was a huge success, boosting Kuroko's manga sales by a lot and pushing it's ranking in the TOC of WSJ. Another season in winter or spring at latest seems very likely.
    I really hope you are right, narutonii-kun.

Quote Quote:
    That being said, the episodes was really well done. As a manga reader I can tell that they're doing a perfect job, probably surpassing the manga. The reason mostly being that I look forward to every episode even though I know what's going to happen. And trust me, with the events yet to come I so can't wait to see the next season. If they can maintain that quality the new season will be even more epic
    Since the next episode will be the last…until what chapter has the anime covered the manga?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member mak123's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it over? From the ending they'll probably do a season 2, But why did they stopped? The manga has more than 150 chapters

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 25

So my favorite series of this anime season has come to an end.

I had mixed feelings while watching this episode, on the one hand, the episode was amazing so I enjoyed watching it a lot; but on the other hand, knowing that this was the last episode made me sad.

Aomine vs. Kise…definitely one of my favorite games of this series!! It was the best way to conclude this season, because I still hope we have another one. While I’m very aware that Aomine was the best player in this game, my favorite one and my personal best was Kise.

I’m so curious about the other two members of the Generation of Miracles, so I really, really hope we have another season. I don’t know if it was intentional or not but Kagami’s words at the end of the episode gave me hope that by winter will have a new season of Kuroba.

It was a lot of fun watching this anime and I’m sure going to miss it.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Since the next episode will be the last…until what chapter has the anime covered the manga?
    The first season covered everything up to the 73 chapter (at total of 181 are currently released). The funny thing is that the little doggie is only introduced in chapter 74, they showed him way before XD not that I mind, they stayed totally truthful to the manga besides that. The only "filler" was the ending scene of the last episode.

Quote Originally Posted by mak123 View Post
    Is it over? From the ending they'll probably do a season 2, But why did they stopped? The manga has more than 150 chapters
    Yup, the ending pretty much confirmed that we will have another season. Doing a series in seasons is nothing unusual, especially if the company isn't sure about the success it will have. With a sport series that usually was at the bottom of the Weekly Jump TOC and had rather weak sales it's not surprising that they didn't plan for anything ongoing, a second season was probably up in the air too. The anime gave the manga a huge boost though, sales went up to 500k per Volume and its rank in the TOC got a lot better - that's why it seems natural that they will make a second season.

I’m so curious about the other two members of the Generation of Miracles, so I really, really hope we have another season. I don’t know if it was intentional or not but Kagami’s words at the end of the episode gave me hope that by winter will have a new season of Kuroba.

It was a lot of fun watching this anime and I’m sure going to miss it.
    Well that's just the Winter Cup, not sure if that was any hint regarding a continuation in the winter season. I'm sure it won't be that long until we see it though so ofc it could be in winter, spring at latest.

And you will love what's up ahead. The manga battle between Kise and Aomine was okay but far from being as great as the anime made it look. Without spoiling you I can guarantee that we will have a super, super awesome fight coming in the second season

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The first season covered everything up to the 73 chapter (at total of 181 are currently released).
    Thanks for answering my question, narutonii-kun! ^_^

Quote Quote:
    The funny thing is that the little doggie is only introduced in chapter 74, they showed him way before XD not that I mind, they stayed totally truthful to the manga besides that. The only "filler" was the ending scene of the last episode.
    I guess they decided to introduce # 2 and the other two members of the GOM earlier because the series was only going to have 25 episodes.

Quote Quote:
    Yup, the ending pretty much confirmed that we will have another season.
    It did?!

Quote Quote:
    Doing a series in seasons is nothing unusual, especially if the company isn't sure about the success it will have. With a sport series that usually was at the bottom of the Weekly Jump TOC and had rather weak sales it's not surprising that they didn't plan for anything ongoing, a second season was probably up in the air too. The anime gave the manga a huge boost though, sales went up to 500k per Volume and its rank in the TOC got a lot better - that's why it seems natural that they will make a second season.
    The fact that the anime increased the sales gives me big hopes of a second season. And…I’m not all familiar with the sales but I do wonder why Area no Kishi got 50 + episodes while Kuroko got 25…

Quote Quote:
    Well that's just the Winter Cup, not sure if that was any hint regarding a continuation in the winter season. I'm sure it won't be that long until we see it though so ofc it could be in winter, spring at latest.
    Our of sheer curiosity…what does ofc mean?

Quote Quote:
    And you will love what's up ahead. The manga battle between Kise and Aomine was okay but far from being as great as the anime made it look. Without spoiling you I can guarantee that we will have a super, super awesome fight coming in the second season
    Bigger and more awesome than Kise vs. Aomine…I so can’t wait to have another season of Kuroba!!

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess they decided to introduce # 2 and the other two members of the GOM earlier because the series was only going to have 25 episodes.
    Well it's different to Akashi and Murasakibara though. They showed their faces yeah, but besides that the point where they first appear in the story didn't change. You could see Musakibara in this last episode btw, dunno if you noticed

Showing their appearance earlier probably served to create more hype~

It did?!
    Sure, didn't you watch the ending? You could see some new scenes from the second season. Didn't show much but as a manga reader I can tell that this is stuff that really happens later. And the ending even showed the two best fights in Kuroko up to date, at least in my opinion.

The fact that the anime increased the sales gives me big hopes of a second season. And…I’m not all familiar with the sales but I do wonder why Area no Kishi got 50 + episodes while Kuroko got 25…
    AnK didn't have high sales either but the same goes for let's say Sket Dance, which got 77 episodes. It's up to the producing company, the reasons are mere speculation. Maybe they think it will bring them a lot of money (meaning they have faith in the series) or they just prefer to do it in seasons. The mangaka probably has a saying in this too, as he is free to accept a studio (and their plans) he likes but ofc only if he gets an offer.

Our of sheer curiosity…what does ofc mean?
    It means of course XD

Bigger and more awesome than Kise vs. Aomine…I so can’t wait to have another season of Kuroba!!
    Way bigger, I think the whole battle is covering more than 20 chapters in the manga. If it gets the same animation as Kise vs. Aomine got then this will be a big big and beautiful blast

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well it's different to Akashi and Murasakibara though. They showed their faces yeah, but besides that the point where they first appear in the story didn't change. You could see Musakibara in this last episode btw, dunno if you noticed
    Purple-haired guy that loves to eat junk food? If that him, yes, I noticed him. ^^

Quote Quote:
    Sure, didn't you watch the ending? You could see some new scenes from the second season. Didn't show much but as a manga reader I can tell that this is stuff that really happens later. And the ending even showed the two best fights in Kuroko up to date, at least in my opinion.
    Yes, of course I watched those scenes but I thought they were just scenes that the anime team had put in there as epilogue. I didn’t think they were a preview of the second season.

Quote Quote:
    It means of course XD
    Ahh…^^. Thanks for answering my question I thought it meant “Original Female Character.”

Quote Quote:
    Way bigger, I think the whole battle is covering more than 20 chapters in the manga. If it gets the same animation as Kise vs. Aomine got then this will be a big big and beautiful blast
    Then…I so, so, so hope we have another season and I will be anxiously waiting for that match!

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Purple-haired guy that loves to eat junk food? If that him, yes, I noticed him. ^^
    Yes, that's him probably my least favourite character out of the GOM besides Midorima. That's because.... don't want to spoil you

Yes, of course I watched those scenes but I thought they were just scenes that the anime team had put in there as epilogue. I didn’t think they were a preview of the second season.
    but you saw that they changed it in the last Ending right? Look again, f.ex. you can see Kagami going at Murasakibara or Akashi standing at that the end of the stairs. Both scenes happen in the manga too.

Ahh…^^. Thanks for answering my question I thought it meant “Original Female Character.”
    oh lol, no

Then…I so, so, so hope we have another season and I will be anxiously waiting for that match!
    Again, we will have another season. I'm sure of it desy

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Yuyunarutoballz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Still waiting .__. but with these death threats festivals and events are getting about anything Kuroko related i'm not so sure about another season anymore...

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Asclepius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

For those who don't know...
    Kuroko no Basket NG-Shuu (Bloopers)
    - http://www.lovemyanime.net/kuroko-no...huu-episode-1/

5 episodes of funny modified scenes from anime.

/nanodayo

---------- Post added February 10, 2013 at 12:30 PM ---------- Previous post was January 29, 2013 at 10:47 PM ----------

Ah, forgot to post here, there is an OVA coming out on Feb 22th called Tip Off.
    It's during Teiko years. I wonder if it's based on the novels...

Spoiler: magazine article with images from the OVA show

Spoiler: a few images from the OVA that were also in the magazine show

thanks to olive-pyon@tumblr

---------- Post added February 21, 2013 at 10:26 AM ---------- Previous post was February 10, 2013 at 12:30 PM ----------

Tomorrow is the day of the OVA and more images are leaking.

Spoiler show

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 AM ----------

This was in the announcement image, but i don't know if it's really part of the OVA
    Spoiler show

Spoiler show

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

Too much images added
    Better separate it now. More screen caps.
    Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

thanks to taitetsu@tumblr for so many screen caps

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

Woohoooooooooooo!!!
    Finally got a link.
    Enjoy

To watch online - OVA 22.5 (not subbed) - http://www.bilibili.tv/video/av482337/index.html

---------- Post added February 22, 2013 at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was February 21, 2013 at 07:39 PM ----------

Download links for the OVA. Use Hjsplit to rejoin the files.

The 8th extra is also out.
    Spoiler: NG (bloopers) show

---------- Post added February 23, 2013 at 09:04 AM ---------- Previous post was February 22, 2013 at 02:10 PM ----------

Subbed version out!!!

Links to stream or download available at this LJ page: http://ichigohaatsu.livejournal.com/53161.html
    thanks to Ichigohaatsu for the subs
    Last edited by Asclepius; February 23, 2013 at 07:07 AM.

Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast