Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Uchiha Bros vs. Tobi

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Uchiha Bros vs. Tobi

Quote Originally Posted by KiSwordsman
    He does have the soul ripping ability, He outright stated he could do it on yamato. Does that one not count because he hasn't shown it?

Yeah, that one counts. Forgot about it. If there's anything else he claimed to have yet hasn't shown (like Tsukuyomi) he can do that too.

@Uchiha_Blood: There's always the possibility Itachi didn't plan on killing Naruto (I know about threatening to let Kisame cut his legs off). There's also the possibility that he wanted to wait for Sasuke to kill Naruto and gain MS, and he may have thought taking the Kyuubi from Naruto would kill him. Or he just didn't want to seal Naruto away in his gourd. I don't know, but I do know the databook says the sword seals away ANYTHING it pierces into a world of blissful Genjutsu.

The bijuu themselves are sentient, with souls just like humans are. They are also susceptible to Genjutsu so being sealed in a world of Genjutsu should indeed work. And size is clearly not a problem considering the size of Orochimaru's Hydra.
    Last edited by ninjabot; April 03, 2012 at 01:14 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually think that "size" is a problem. Not the physical size but the quantity and density of the chakra.

Oro's Yamata no Jutsu was huge for sure, but at the end of the day it was still just Orochimaru's chakra, which is almost insignificant compared to a Bijuu.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    Y@Uchiha_Blood: There's always the possibility Itachi didn't plan on killing Naruto (I know about threatening to let Kisame cut his legs off). There's also the possibility that he wanted to wait for Sasuke to kill Naruto and gain MS, and he may have thought taking the Kyuubi from Naruto would kill him. Or he just didn't want to seal Naruto away in his gourd. I don't know, but I do know the databook says the sword seals away ANYTHING it pierces into a world of blissful Genjutsu.

The bijuu themselves are sentient, with souls just like humans are. They are also susceptible to Genjutsu so being sealed in a world of Genjutsu should indeed work. And size is clearly not a problem considering the size of Orochimaru's Hydra.
    LnDRash explained it perfectly imho, and I can't take for granted databooks descriptions for the jutsus, since, if that was so, then Amaterasu's heat would be like the sun's, and unless Karin has some sort of ultra-regenerating kind of power, her surviving several seconds of Amaterasu kinda defies that definition.

As for Itachi's plans, it may be true, yet Itachi showed that he, unless its about Sasuke, weights peace above all.
    Sasuke's plans with Naruto were screwed up when he fleed to Oro, so Itachi would've had to likely change them, like he did. And I was talking about sealing Naruto and Kyuubi, after all the life of many greatly outweights the life of fews, like he showed when he murdered the Uchihas.

Of course it is also a plot-induced thing, yet I believe the Sword to be not all-powerful, expecially against legendary, almighty beasts like the Bijuus

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LnDRash
    I actually think that "size" is a problem. Not the physical size but the quantity and density of the chakra.
    I've seen boss level summons subdued with basic Sharingan Genjutsu, and I've seen both people sealed away with the Totsuka kind of "freeze" when pierced. Whether it's the application of the Genjutsu that causes it or the power from the sword, I don't think size would matter, since the victim would be stunned during the absorbtion, just like Orochimaru and Nagato were. And since Genjutsu works on bijuu, if that's indeed the why they were paralyzed during the absorbtion, that means they're done the instant they're stabbed.

Quote Quote:
    Oro's Yamata no Jutsu was huge for sure, but at the end of the day it was still just Orochimaru's chakra, which is almost insignificant compared to a Bijuu.
    Even if the amount of chakra were a problem, Kisame and Minato have already proven that you can still cripple an opponent by ripping out the majority of their chakra even if you can't rip it all out. The only difference is their attacks didn't rip flesh from the opponent's body while their chakra was being sealed at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Blood
    Of course it is also a plot-induced thing, yet I believe the Sword to be not all-powerful, expecially against legendary, almighty beasts like the Bijuus
    Again, we've seen powers/weapons far less legendary than the Totsuka no Tsurugi do better against bijuu. Kisame nearly completely sealed all of Bee's chakra with one chomp from Samehada. Basic Genjutsu have subdued full bijuu mode tailed beasts. Combining a Genjutsu that's presumably stronger than the average Sharingan Genjutsu (since it subdues you for eternity I'd think so) and absorbtion power most likely superior to Samehada, I've got no problem at all thinking it can seal away a bijuu.

The only problem I have with it sealing Gedo Mazo is the fact that it's stone and not flesh. And I'm only iffy about that one.
    Last edited by ninjabot; April 03, 2012 at 06:01 PM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    @xXan: Well, I still think the Bijuu aren't fueling Gedo Mazo with their chakra, let alone their full amount. As for not being to seal away the snake heads from Orochimaru, according to the databook, the reason is because it seals away things that it pierces. It has to pierce it. Chopping something won't seal it away because it has to be actively vacuumed into the gourd.

If Itachi would've stabbed Orochimaru in the stomach of his giant hydra form then everything, including the heads from each hydra, would've been absorbed. Instead he had already seperated the heads from the body.

Also, Gedo Mazo was "alive" before it was even connected to Nagato:http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/447/8

As of right now Itachi hasn't shown any ability to take something out of his gourd that he's sealed away. If he were to seal away one of the bijuu Tobi would immediately realize his plan and finish him off. He likely had to wait for the right opportunity, as he was always working with Kisame, who likely was a snitch.
    So eerrr you are telling me he could have stabed the Hydra (in the head) and seal it all Orochimaru included but he decided to slash heads in the hopes of Oro poping out? That does not make much sense to me... Now if this was Naruto... Yeah but he is not.

I also have to state that once Naruto/Bee/Kakashi/Gai vs Tobi starts you are going to regreat creating this topic lol. He is going to butcher the 2 Uchiha.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Skidmore's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Yata Mirror + Totsuka + Itachi = Full of Win, but in a One to One fight.... Considering Tobi is a army of 7 ultra-powered guys, I can't see victory.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xXan
    So eerrr you are telling me he could have stabed the Hydra (in the head) and seal it all Orochimaru included but he decided to slash heads in the hopes of Oro poping out? That does not make much sense to me... Now if this was Naruto... Yeah but he is not.
    No. I'm saying he could've stabbed the hydra in the stomach and sealed the entire thing, since it'd all be sucked to the same point. I'm also saying the only reason he bothered cutting the heads in the first place is because they were attacking him. He had to stop Orochimaru from snapping at him with all those snake heads before he could bother pierceing him and then sealing him away.

Quote Quote:
    I also have to state that once Naruto/Bee/Kakashi/Gai vs Tobi starts you are going to regreat creating this topic lol. He is going to butcher the 2 Uchiha.
    No I won't. If it's still more Godzilla fighting then I most certainly will not. Especially thanks to the recent revelations in the manga.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member marshall313's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skidmore View Post
    Yata Mirror + Totsuka + Itachi = Full of Win, but in a One to One fight.... Considering Tobi is a army of 7 ultra-powered guys, I can't see victory.
    Does the yata mirror + totsuka + itachi is enough to defeat tobi? Infact tobi alone can defeat the uchiha brothers. He has a deadly jutsu that even itachi can't counter. And one thing that makes this fight into a masacre of the brothers is that tobi is also an uchiha, he knows all the sharingan's jutsu and how to counter it.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

@ninjabot

Quote Quote:
    No. I'm saying he could've stabbed the hydra in the stomach and sealed the entire thing, since it'd all be sucked to the same point. I'm also saying the only reason he bothered cutting the heads in the first place is because they were attacking him. He had to stop Orochimaru from snapping at him with all those snake heads before he could bother pierceing him and then sealing him away.

How is this addresing the fact that he can or can't seal the Hydra by stabing/cutting heads? You stated that the Hydra was not sealed because that was a cutting move and not a stabing one. Now i asked you why would Itachi NOT stab the head (and not cut it) if he could seal the Hydra and Orochimaru with it if he could do that?
    Again why slash when you can 1 shoot it? Makes no sense. He was cutting as he needs to pierce the souls to seal. Stabing the hydra in the belly and sealing it makes no sense when he had the opportunity to seal the entire thing by stabbing the head but never whent that route.
    So the point is. If he can seal the Hydra by stabing a head why not do it?

Quote Quote:
    No I won't. If it's still more Godzilla fighting then I most certainly will not. Especially thanks to the recent revelations in the manga.
    We have no idea what izanami does. If Tobi defeats Naruto and his team and Sasuke does not show some super EMS jutsus this goes stomp mode.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2