Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Protagonists of Bakuman Modeled Off of Actual Manga-ka?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Revilenigma's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Protagonists of Bakuman Modeled Off of Actual Manga-ka?

Mashiro and Takagi: writer and artist who are talented at writing original non battle manga = Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata with Deathnote

Eiji: a young manga-ka who originally didn't write names and has a battle manga that started off strong but took a dip down = Tite Kubo (Bleach)
    http://i586.photobucket.com/albums/ss310/revilenigma/avatars%20and%20sigs/boxman.png

Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Maxy Barnard's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Protagonists of Bakuman Modeled Off of Actual Manga-ka?

eiji as tite kubo?

no. mainly cause tite had a manga cancelled for issues of ill health (allegedly) prior to bleach, a series that started off kinda poorly in ratings till about soul society time.

if eiji were anyone i'd call him Komi Naoshi, especially with the lessons in naivety that we've been given over time, something that runs all too true with how double arts seemed to have gone from the prodigal genius

Fruits Punch Samurai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted BBB Banana's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bakuman General Hang Out Thread

Haha Maybe Obah get inspiration for various places XD

I was trying to figure out who was Eiji inspired by after that little talk on the WSJ thread. I once though he could be Oda, but as you guys said Toriko's author could be the one.

I also thought of Inoue Takehiko because towards the conclusion of slam dunk he made a wordless chapter just like eiji with crow

in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Copied Banana's post over

Anyway, here's the picture of Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi (mangaka of Toriko) who is supposedly the inspiration for Eiji:

Which other mangaka in Bakuman do you think could be based off real life mangaka?

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I always thought Aoki was inspired by Mizuki kawashita cuse even though she draws ecchi her stories have an actual plot unlike most ecchi mangas

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Aoki really might be Mizuki kawashita, makes sense!

I always thought Eiji was Oda... Crow is a super and tipical shounen like OP, the protagonist just breaked out of a Sky island prison (like skypea and Impel Down) and is now at some kind of all-out-war (Marinford War)! OP and Crow have many things in common...

Fukuda might be Ryūhei Tamura. I always thought Kyoshi Knight lood like beelzebub. Who might Hiramaru be?

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by saladesu View Post
    Copied Banana's post over

Anyway, here's the picture of Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi (mangaka of Toriko) who is supposedly the inspiration for Eiji:

Which other mangaka in Bakuman do you think could be based off real life mangaka?
    Haha awesome. Just goes to show that Toriko is so good, it's mangaka gets to be awesome in other manga as well :3

I was actually really trying to figure out who Fukuda was based off of though, maybe it really is Tamura.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems pretty obvious that Ashirogi are an allusion to Ohba and Obata themselves (though supposedly they're not close to each other, their relationship is more like the one between Eiji and Iwase). The fact that PCP can't get an anime seems somewhat reminiscent to Death Note as well.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jaymie's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Hiramaru is Yoshihiro Togashi. Period.

10. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not really familiar with Togashi - all I really know about him is that he often takes hiatuses to play games He needs an editor like Yoshida, then

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaymie View Post
    Hiramaru is Yoshihiro Togashi. Period.

I agree.

Togashi's laziness to write manga (abrupt ending to Yu Yu Hakusho, hiatus of Hunter x Hunter).
    The tone of their works are similar (Cupid, Level E, Yu Yu Hakusho - a gag supernatural manga before it turned into a battle manga, Hunter x Hunter - a dark adventure manga before it went the battle route also)
    Togashi's marriage to Naoko Takeuchi, mangaka of Sailormoon

I absolutely believe that Hiramaru is modeled after Togashi

btw, unrelated info, HxH will be back from hiatus this August, yay~

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

I think each of the mangakas shown in Bakuman is an archetype. Everything of course is MY OPINION so I might not be correct. The last paragraph of each character Info is for what I consider some individualistic things each character has..

Ashirogi Muto: Although Mashiro and Takagi are an obvious allusion Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata, more generally speaking they would be the representation for Cult-Series mangakas and for a duo which is writter and illustrator.
    Mangakas that fit here: Every mangaka duo. Hirohiko Araki, Fujisaki Ryu, Yoshiyuki Nishi, Yusei Matsui. I would have liked to stay JUMP centred but there is this one mangaka that can be defined as what Ashirogi Muto is (Or at least wants to be) Nobuyuki Fukumoto google it, its the definition of what Ashirogi has wanted to be, a mangaka with cult-series mangas about psychological battles and whose mangas turn into animes (and real life movies too).
    Genre: Cult-Series.
    Info: Too much to cover, basically they represent "growing" we see them having issues as partner authors (I.e. Takagi´s blocks, Mashiro wanting to improve its art).
    Choosing a partner (Girl-friend, remember Kaya vs Iwase). Long-distance relationship (Mashiro and Miho). Marriage. Likely in the future the problems of raising a baby. Etcetera.

Eiji: He is the Big 3 in one LOL. The "genius" type and not like Hanamichi, more like Rukawa.
    Mangakas that fit here: Big 3. Akira Toriyama.
    Genre: Mainstream. Battle manga.
    Info: Based on the last chapters he definetly represents Akira Toriyama. I think his overall themes are being a genius and now the "Author property vs Jump property" dilema, does an author have the right to end its own franchise or should he/she continue?

Hiramaru: Its a direct reference to Togashi, as huntersq wrote. The similarities are too much there, I had not noted how Aoki could be a reference to Sailor Moon's mangaka Naoko Takeuchi. Also Otter11 might be a reference to Togashi´s dog avatar.. But that is a long shot XP
    Mangakas that fit here: Yoshihiro Togashi, Kyosuke Usuta (Otter11 humor similar to Usuta´s works).
    Genre: Comedy.
    Info: He represents Togashi.. Nah in all seriousness its the representation of the overwork that needs to be done in order to be serialized. As for its mangas I think its pretty much like Jaguar so I had to add Kyusuke Usuta in.

Sadly there is no representation for one of JUMP's most beloved genres Spokon... You could say Giri since its a Sport manga but IMO that would be like classifying Kenichi or Dragon Ball as Sport manga, which by definition is correct but.. Meh, you get the point guys.. IMO JUMP has made some of the best Spokon there is: Ring Ni Kakero the one spokon that made use of all the characteristics that would then turn staples (AKA cliches) of JUMP, Captain Tsubasa the ageless classic, Kinnikuman which invaded the world as finger wrestlers!, SLAM DUNK the spokon that set the standards for Spokon, Prince of Tennis which is pretty cool and a large etcetera.

I might continue this things in the near future.
    Last edited by perroloco; June 30, 2011 at 03:12 AM.

14. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Hiranmaru is more like Hideaki Sorachi. Both complain about being mangakas and put their frustrations into their work. Just check gintama he's always complaining about things he hates trough his manga

Hiranmaru is lazy but not at togashi's level. Well we can't really say togashi is lazy he had his huge hits and now wants to take his time for himself.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

To tell the truth If I were a mangaka as popular and with that many cash as Togashi, I would totally do the same.
    Sure I have always wanted to make a good story but the way WSJ works :S its too much for me to handle, maybe if I were born in Japan and with the mentality of the Japanese working system.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorachi is a gag manga, and could really be Hiramaru! BBB Banana discovered this well!

Togashi is not lazy, he is unethical with Jump and his readers! If he didn't want to write he shouldn't have started HXH, it's the total opposite of Eiji....

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast