Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Will we ever see a mera mera no mi user again?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Will we ever see a mera mera no mi user again?

I don't think BB consuming the mera mera no mi would do him any good though. Well, it wouldn't be bad but it would definitely be a waste to say the least. BB has his darkness fruit which is a logia but due to how it works (sucking things in) it does not allow for intangibility. It should not be so different if he adds a fire fruit, he would not enjoy the benefit of intangibility. Its not like just adding fire would be such an awesome increase either. If he adds a fruit he would benefit the most from a zoan as he already has a logia and a paramecia.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Page356's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

BB wouldn't consume it as he has already had the chance and passed it up rather than chance be when they first fought or at MF. However I think it's safe to say we don't know what would happen if BB did eat a logia fruit. Also there are only so many fruit possibilities, so I'm pretty sure in the future someone will likely end up with that fruit again, maybe even Luffy.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think BB not taking ace's fruit tells us much. For one thing, we don't know if the target has to be dead for such a thing to work to begin with. Even then, if BB had done that he would have exposed his ability to steal abilities to basically everyone in the world, specially the world government. Given his original plan it does not make sense to reveal his ability that soon to say the least. I do maintain that his yami yami no mi would prevent any form of logia intangibility though. Its not like being intangible is THAT useful in the new world, haki users seem fairly standard there so far. BB would be better of with a fruit with abilities more convenient than merely being intangible such as marco's healing or perhaps a fruit that prevents damage to begin with.

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

i just think blackbeard can only hold 3 devil fruits....and he wants the strongest form of 3 types.

thats why he specifically targeted tremor and darkness.....the question is, who got the strongest zoan? drake, sengoku or marco?..(monkey d. dragon...if he is a dragon zoan)

that would also explain why blackbeard's jolly roger got 3 skulls (3 persons inside one body)...i remember in jaya, luffy and zoro called blackbeard "they" when luffy and zoro is on seeing blackbeard.

****and the reason why they are stealing strong devil fruits is because he wants to give it to some of his crew...i think...

shiryuu will get the diamond fruit from jozu (so zoro can slash diamonds)
    i think burgess and van auger would get one as well.....the others are strong the way they are.

i think doc Q got the sick/infection/decay fruit....
    Last edited by beck26; April 03, 2012 at 11:39 PM.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

It makes sense for BB to be taking DF for his crew. I do wonder if keeping several fruits is a personal trait of his or he can somehow give his crewmembers a bunch of them. If all his crewmembers can use several fruits I would have a hard time believing the strawhats could defeat him though. The strawhats are strong but BB crew was insanely strong to begin with, adding a bunch of abilities (which they might or might not fully master though) would only make them more briutal. I guess the most reasonable scenario is that they are finding specially powerful fruits and giving it to their crewmembers (but only one). Since people with powerful fruits are bound to be famous they should also be easier to find than regular wandering fruits.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member noonethere's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beck26 View Post
    i tried to search for it, though the only i can find is that the gomu gomu no mi respawns every 50 years. (mentioned in the first 2 chapters as i read)

well, anyways, im not too sure...my only point is "mera mera no mi will not come back....it belongs to ace and it would decrease the significance of ace's death if it would just be used by other characters in the future"
    http://www.tenmanga.com/chapter/OneP...267980-14.html
    This is your link. However it is from the 1st one shot and its content is not canon, so it should not be relevant to this discussion.

It must be said that several times in the story, it has been heavily implied that no two users of the same fruit can exist at the same time and that the databook of devil fruit is based on previous users. Ace has been the first DF user to die on screen( the other two being WB and Mr 2 Bonclay- we cannot be 100% sure for Mr 2 and WB's Df was already stolen), so if Oda need to make a point about DF fruits regrowing, the mera mera no mi would be ideal.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KnuckleheadedNinja View Post
    For some reason I think Colby will have it.
    not Coby,please!!! .
    I think Sabo may end up having that,although he would just be a replacement for ace.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I personally wouldn't like to see other character having Ace's DF , unless that character was Luffy . I just can't imagine someone with the same abilities as Ace. It would be annoying, for me at least . Just like someone said , that DF is like his brand , taking it would be like plagiarizing IMO

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

rufy's son should be worth of possessing it. it may be a way of pursue Ace's will,and bullshit like it.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we should see it come back as then we will see the life of a Devil Fruit. When we do see it, it will either be in the hands of Vegapunk or after Devil's Fruits are explained. Either way I hope it is integral to the dispelling the mystery of the Devil's Fruits. As for the wielder of the fruit. I think it will be someone new. Someone who doesn't know how to correctly use a logia fruit.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It would be interesting for some teenager to come across the fruit and make his way to SH crew. After all, in less than 3 years (time between Ace's and Luffy's departures), Ace has been using the mera mera no mi well. 2 years could get a guy pretty far.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I've had a crazy thought. You know how Blackbeard is able to have multiple DF powers? Well, what if he's not the only one? What if Luffy...you know.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2