Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Which of the 3 epic badasses are you looking foward to watching fight most?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Seira

    7 87.50%
  • Frankenstien

    1 12.50%
  • Raizel

    0 0%
New Reply
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Noblesse Chapter 230 Review

  1. #1
    MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,965
    Post Thanks / Like

    Noblesse Chapter 230 Review

    Nothing really to say up here this week.

    So onto the review!

    Chapter Summary

    My Badass O' Meter is reading 10,000,000!


    This week begins with Rodin greeting the 12th Elder and his Cerberus Captain. The Captain immediately asks him about Lutai and Yuizi's whereabouts and they inform her that they were chasing after some "others" The captain lifts the unconscious bodies of Tao and Takeo and asks if these are the ones "others" he means and tosses them onto the roof below.

    By Regis' reaction to this she figures he is a friend of their's and calmly ponders whether it's possible those two managed to take out Lutai and Yuizi but quickly decides it isn't. Then she wonders who these people are and why they are fighting them in the first place. They tell her that they believe these people are Crombell's creations, judging by their level of ability, and Yontsu and Sangeen work for the KSA.

    Learning this, the 12th Elder comments that he's glad he killed everyone in the KSA building aside from the director on the way to this place. Sangeen and Yontsu are stunned by this but are unable to do much of anything as he looks quite injured and she doesn't even seem like she can stand.

    Understanding the situation now the Captain proceeds to punish Ked for failing so spectacularly by sadistically pounding him half to death but just as she's getting ready to finish him Rodin asks her to ease up to avoid killing him. This turns her attention to him, she gives him a tongue lashing about his failure as a leader and gives him a solid shot the to ribs with the blunt side of her scythe. Satisfied she turns her attention to Regis.

    The 12th Elder asks him questions about Crombell, and Regis tell him he has no idea what he's talking about. In response the Captain beats him down until M-21 manages to stand up and tell her that they don't know what she's talking about and she's an idiot for thinking violence is going to change that. She starts giving M-21 a pounding when Regis comes at her. This causes her to turn her attention back to him, giving him a ferocious beating while M-21 tries in vain to get his body to move. But as she lifts Regis up she feels his fist, weak as it is, strike her in the ribs.

    This infuriates her. She asks the elder for permission to kill Regis and the elder grants it. The Captain explains to Regis that this scythe of hers is has no name but people have taken to calling it "The Death Scythe" since it's never failed to kill an opponent. With this she tosses him into the air and sends a massive slash of energy toward him and laughs; right up until she notices a figure in the cloud of smoke carrying Regis. SEIRA HAS ARRIVED!

    Meanwhile the 12th Elder notices two figures landing on the other side of them. Frankenstien and Raizel have also arrived!


    Chapter Review

    I wonder if the 12th Elder has even the slightest idea of how completely and utterly screwed he is?


    Substance

    Looks like the real fight starts now. Raizel, Frankenstien, and Seira versus The 12th Elder, Cerberus's Scythe wielding Captain, and Rodin(injured but still most likely able to fight). The only other person that seems to even have the strength to stand is Sangeen, whose toughness I vastly underestimated(he's like a cockroach).

    Things are not looking good at all for the 12th Elders crew. Seira is most likely extremely pissed off because of Regis' condition. Frankenstein is probably equally pissed off because this is putting his master in harms way. Which makes me think, although the 12th Elder and the Captain are quite strong, Sangeen and Yontsu are about to witness an asswhoopin' that will be biblical in strength and scope(think Sodom and Gomorrah).

    It also seems increasingly likely that Yuizi is, in fact, dead. Judging from the fact that they weren't found by the Cerberus Captain it seems quite likely that Yuri off somewhere trying to figure out how to load 2 corpses into his carry-on luggage right now. Such a pity we will never learn what her ability was or why Takeo took special notice of her during the briefing but such is life.

    The ultimate fate of the KSA will be interesting given that the 12th Elder did such number on it. One of the first things Yontsu did was order the KSA building evacuated, so the damage might not be as bad there as it would initially seem, but I'm personally hoping the agency is finished so the RK-4 can become the RK-6.

    Presentation

    A bit of an inconsistent chapter art-wise. Especially toward the middle. A few panels, like the one where Ked's head is supposed to be embedded in the pavement, looked a bit...off. The backgrounds also were slightly below average. There were good moments though, like Seira's appearance, which looked great.

    Pacing-wise it was a pretty slow chapter. With a lot of time being devoted to showing how sadistic the Cerberus Captain is and how helpless the RK-4 and their allies are in this situation. It was all for the sake of making the unleashing of the monstrously strong characters next week more satisfying but it did make this week seem a little sluggish.
    Final Rating

    Solid chapter which is primary focused on leading up into the next chapter, which should be quite epic. In and of itself though this I think this chapter was about average.

    So I give it a 3 out of 5


    My Prediction
    • The Cerberus Captain is going to learn the hard way why you don't mess with Shin Woo's girl, and die by Seira's hand.

    My Previous Predictions(Current Record 11-15)

    The Rastafarian Cerberus guy with the temper is going to be the first to get killed.
    Incorrect. It seems both Lutai and Yuizi have preceeded him into the great hereafter.

    Takeo knows the redhead personally in some way
    I'm calling this one incorrect because we can't really know the answer now and since I predicted it that's a loss for me.

    Spoiler: Ongoing show


    Thread Question of the Week
    Is Raizel going to fight or are Frankenstein and Seira just going to crush these guys?
    Last edited by Jammin; April 03, 2012 at 06:03 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

  2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #2
    MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    21
    Posts
    9,080
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Noblesse Chapter 230 Review

    Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Things are not looking good at all for the 12th Elders crew. Seira is most likely extremely pissed off because of Regis' condition. Frankenstein is probably equally pissed off because this is putting his master in harms way. Which makes me think, although the 12th Elder and the Captain are quite strong, Sangeen and Yontsu are about to witness an asswhoopin' that will be biblical in strength and scope(think Sodom and Gomorrah).
    Have I ever told you that I love your analogy?

    I'm a bit pessimistic. Some of us may have been slightly disappointed looking at how our great boys could beat Cerberus members that far although we had to sacrifice everything and most of the fighters to do so. Although the ones left are powerful fighters, the captain of Cerberus seems to be quite formidable. Well, Regis wasn't in his top condition at all so much understandable, but still. In addition to Rodin and maybe Ked if he had healed up a bit from that painful attack and shame.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    It also seems increasingly likely that Yuizi is, in fact, dead. Judging from the fact that they weren't found by the Cerberus Captain it seems quite likely that Yuri off somewhere trying to figure out how to load 2 corpses into his carry-on luggage right now. Such a pity we will never learn what her ability was or why Takeo took special notice of her during the briefing but such is life.
    I think we can safely say that it is probably just a coincidence and that we took it up too far by now. No signs and no use to see her alive again considering Yuri's plan after all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    The ultimate fate of the KSA will be interesting given that the 12th Elder did such number on it. One of the first things Yontsu did was order the KSA building evacuated, so the damage might not be as bad there as it would initially seem, but I'm personally hoping the agency is finished so the RK-4 can become the RK-6.
    I love your idea although that is a bit mean.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    [*]The Cerberus Captain is going to learn the hard way why you don't mess with Shin Woo's girl, and die by Seira's hand.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Is Raizel going to fight or are Frankenstein and Seira just going to crush these guys?
    I honestly think Frank will fight to death before he let Rai step up and do something.

    Oh, I forget to write about your thread poll. I don't need to say anything else but that the answer is crystal clear.

  4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  5. #3
    MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,965
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Noblesse Chapter 230 Review

    Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Have I ever told you that I love your analogy?
    I aim to please.

    Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    I'm a bit pessimistic. Some of us may have been slightly disappointed looking at how our great boys could beat Cerberus members that far although we had to sacrifice everything and most of the fighters to do so. Although the ones left are powerful fighters, the captain of Cerberus seems to be quite formidable. Well, Regis wasn't in his top condition at all so much understandable, but still. In addition to Rodin and maybe Ked if he had healed up a bit from that painful attack and shame.
    I don't have much of an issue with Cerberus' strength simply because if Yuri hadn't have taken out Yuizi the RK-4 would have likely been wiped out. As things stood the battle was 3 versus 6 and even then they were only able to take out 2; without interference it's likely Cerberus would have won because nobody left could deal with Rodin.

    I'm sure the the Cerberus Captain is at another level but so is Seira. I'm just hoping that the Captain can put up enough of a fight that we really get the chance to see what Seira can do when she's serious.

    Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    I think we can safely say that it is probably just a coincidence and that we took it up too far by now. No signs and no use to see her alive again considering Yuri's plan after all.
    Yeah, it's a pity but that seems to be the situation.

    Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    I love your idea although that is a bit mean.
    I think the KSA's best features are Sangeen and Yontsu. The whole rest of the agency doesn't really carry much value in the series as far as I can tell. It's kinda funny to think of Yontsu resuming her career as a gym teacher and Sangeen as a social studies teacher, but if they've got nowhere else to go why not?
    Last edited by Jammin; April 04, 2012 at 09:32 AM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

  6. #4
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member The Red Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Country
    France
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    161
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Noblesse Chapter 230 Review

    Well,Well Kim Jong Il(the Elder) is being Underestimated quite a lot,Franky won't let Raizel fight at any cost but if Kim Jong Il Wields enough Power to give a Very,I Mean Very Tough battle to Frankenstein,His Dark Spear might end up in control.....then we would have Evil Franky or Berserk Franky.......And no I'm not pessimistic I just like to assess the Worst Case Scenario & honestly Franky will go Berserk one day it's unavoidable!

    Quote Quote:
    I love your idea although that is a bit mean.
    I think the KSA's best features are Sangeen and Yontsu. The whole rest of the agency doesn't really carry much value in the series as far as I can tell. It's kinda funny to think of Yontsu resuming her career as a gym teacher and Sangeen as a social studies teacher, but if they've got nowhere else to go why not?
    And Na Yontsu could be A Decent Sparring Partner for Han Shinwoo lol
    Zettai-Teki Seigi/Absolute Justice

New Reply

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts