Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply

Thread: The Fight that did not happen - Straw Hat Crew Expect Luffy Vs Rob Lucci CP9 Arc

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

The Fight that did not happen - Straw Hat Crew Expect Luffy Vs Rob Lucci CP9 Arc

This fight will be between Straw Hat crew vs Rob Lucci of CP9. This takes places at Enies Lobby in the Underground place. This is an alternative scenario where I imaged that Luffy lost his fight againist Rob Lucci and went on to face the crew including Franky. There is no Brooke because he wasn't in the story at this point.

Zoro, Sanji, Ussop, Nami, Chopper, Nico Robin plus Franky Vs Rob Lucci

It has been stated during this arc that if Luffy didn't defeat Lucci that he would have killed the whole crew and Lucci has 1 shot Luffy and Zoro back in Water 7
    All abilities shown and used up to CP9 arc

Scenario 1 - Rob Lucci doesn't use his devil fruit

Scenario 2 - Rob Lucci use his devil fruit

Who would win?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Fight that did not happen - Straw Hat Crew Expect Luffy Vs Rob Lucci CP9 Arc

In either case, I'd say that the SH Crew would end up victorious. In fact, I don't even see his one being a close match. The reason for that is that I think that Robin would be able to pin Lucci down rather easily. Tekkai or not, Zoro shouldn't have any problems with being able to cut Lucci and I don't think Sanji's Diable Jambee kicks would be completely uneffective. Having Robin pin Lucci down would give give Sanji and Zoro the opportunity to attack Lucci.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Fight that did not happen - Straw Hat Crew Expect Luffy Vs Rob Lucci CP9 Arc

This isn't even close. Between Sanji and Zoro, they might take Lucci. Add that to Nami spamming lightning from distance, Robin's hands popping up everywhere, the possibility of Chopper going wild, Franky throwing some blows, and Usopp sniping away, the SHs would completely wreck Lucci.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I dunno, my impression was always that zoro and sanji would actually be able to hold their ground against lucci to some extent even with his leopard fruit. I have said this before but there was a significant difference in the margin by which zoro and sanji defeated their enemies and the margin by which luffy defeated lucy.

Luffy with all of his gears won by a hair against rob.

Zoro and sanji contrary to that did not win by a hair, their margin was actually rather large to the point where they were able to win their fights and continue fighting well after them. Not only that but sanji and zoro actually battled evenly with their enemies DF abilities with no new techniques of their own.

The manga does point out lucci had twice the physical capacity of jyabura and kaku however the fights they had took drastically different turns. As far as we saw each fight different stages:

Normal kaku vs normal zoro- Neither really did any damage.
    Transformed kaku vs normal zoro- Slight advantage for kaku but zoro ultimately seemed even or at least completely held his ground
    Transformed kaku vs kyotoryu zoro- Zoro wins instantly and moves on.

Wolf jyabura vs Sanji- Slight advantage for sanji
    Wolf jyabura vs diable jambe sanji- Sanji wins instantly

Normal lucci vs normal luffy- Relatively even
    Transformed lucci vs geared luffy- Even but luffy wills himself to victory.

Now, my main point, how would hybrid kaku and jyabura actually fare against normal lucci? If they can at least hold their ground, which makes sense IMO, then wouldn't sanji and zoro be able to hold their ground against lucci in whatever form he is in? Even if we stretch this to say human lucci would win against transformed kaku and jyabura there is still the consideration that the boosts zoron and sanji had available did placed them well above kaku and jyabura in the end. With this in mind I don't think lucci would ultimately won here. He would have had to face zoro, sanji, franky, robin, nami, ussop and chopper.

Not to mention that the fight does kinda depend on the margin by which lucci wins. Luffy won by a very narrow margin to the point where he was barely able to move after the fight. Are we suddenly making lucci strong enough to fight after winning by a seemingly narrow margin? Even if the battle of wills ultimately had ended in lucci's favor there would be the consideration that zoro and sanji won by a much wider margin their fights than lucci would.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    ---
    I agree. Although I didn't elaborate much in my post, I was thinking along the same lines. Yes, Lucci was apparently twice as strong as Kaku and Jyabura, but Sanji's Diable Jambe were very effective against Jyabura. The same applies to Zoro's swordsmanship against Kaku. Also, I think a key factor here would be Robin. Lucci is fast and strong, yes, but he's still a human, in size. Thus, she should still be able to pin him down. Her clutch techniques are, at worst, similar to the Nara clan's Kage Mane techniques [from Naruto] in the way that strong opponents can resist it to certain degrees. So she would probably not be able to break his neck/spine, but she could pin him down, if only partially. That would allow Sanji/Zoro to do some damage to him. As for Nami or Usopp, they would probably be defeated very quickly given how fast Lucci is.

Also, the collective battle against Oz took place in the arc that followed. Between those two points, it doesn't seem like any of them improved by much, if at all. If they could hold their own against Oz, and most importantly inflict some damage on him, then surely, they would be able to beat down Lucci.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the issue with robin is that she did not seem to have any degree of super strength or speed in the past while lucci exceeded her in those areas easily. Robin was at large a normal (or perhaps above average strength) human with a fruit which allowed her to add up the strength of her arms. I don't think at the time even 1000 of her arms combined would actually match lucci's strength. His speed would destroy her soon enough too. Then again robin uses locks which seem to negate the strength of the enemy so perhaps she would indeed be able to hold down lucci at least for a bit.

New Reply