Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Rate This Week's Chapter

Voters
151. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epic

6 3.97%
  • Good

46 30.46%
  • Average

58 38.41%
  • Bad

41 27.15%
Thread Closed
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22

Thread: Naruto 582 Discussion

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member flameorigin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto 582 Discussion / 583 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    imo,if someone possesses the rinnegan,there's no need to use techniques like izanagi or izanami,which apparently make you blind. so tobi will use the rinnegan.he should,since he has been incapable of oing that till now because he was already controlling the bijus/jins.
    Supposedly makes him blind? But apparently Itachi can spam all he wants and regenerate...
    Writer or Adventurer? Check. http://www.writerzweb.com

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by flameorigin View Post
    Supposedly makes him blind? But apparently Itachi can spam all he wants and regenerate...
    that doesn't seem the case: the second mizukage's jokey boy pratically stopped the user,and so did hanzo's own poison. probably that izanami techniques switch the eye off at soul level,so it's not about destroying and regenerating.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GPZrag's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    that doesn't seem the case: the second mizukage's jokey boy pratically stopped the user,and so did hanzo's own poison. probably that izanami techniques switch the eye off at soul level,so it's not about destroying and regenerating.
    Nope, that is incorrect my friend... if you read carefully again those chapters you will realize that even tough they CAN regenerate they wont do it fast enough to stop the enemy from sealing them.
    =)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope izanami is something believable and not something out of nowhere, like itachi using izanami for example on sasuke to change sasuke's destiny and put sasuke back the path the itachi wanted since the begginning and i do hope if itachi use izanami on kabuto, itachi use it in a diferent way than but just erasing his memory but something else than that..
    Izanami-no-Mikoto, also given as 伊弉冉尊 or 伊邪那美命, the goddess of both creation and death so it's hard to believe which way kishi is going to put izanami..(creation,death,destiny)..
    living in the darkness and now with a new light, i will raise to a new beginning...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member dflynchimp's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah probably, since I'm mainly speculating as to what Izanami as a jutsu actually does, then ended up going tangential.

The next few chapters will most likely be more backstory, probably ending with the orphanage's mother (lady who gave Kabuto his glasses) dying. It seems like parent figures dying in the manga have a lot of driving force behind their children's subsequent actions.

Naruto, Sasuke, Kakashi, Nagato, Orochimaru, Sarutobi, and now probably Kabuto too among many others...
    Frak, or Frak not, there is no foreplay.

Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil, have no fun
    Silence is golden, ducktape is silver
    http://waldonator.mybrute.com

蔣幹打電話給曹操
    蔣幹:「操你嗎?我幹。」 曹操:「我操,你誰啊?」
    蔣幹:「我幹啊!」 曹操:「我操,你到底是誰啊?」
    蔣幹:「我幹啊,你操吧。」 曹操:「他媽的,你到底是誰啊,我操!」
    蔣幹:「我幹,我幹啊!」 曹操:「我操!」
    此時蔣幹的媽媽接過電話:「我幹他媽啊,你操吧?操你媽呢?」

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member badluckartist's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dflynchimp View Post
    yeah probably, since I'm mainly speculating as to what Izanami as a jutsu actually does, then ended up going tangential.

The next few chapters will most likely be more backstory, probably ending with the orphanage's mother (lady who gave Kabuto his glasses) dying. It seems like parent figures dying in the manga have a lot of driving force behind their children's subsequent actions.

Naruto, Sasuke, Kakashi, Nagato, Orochimaru, Sarutobi, and now probably Kabuto too among many others...
    As a budding writer, I have grown truly desensitized to the plot devices of: familial loss, war/orphans, extremely soft science, and the themes/motifs of: friendship/brotherhood, young>old generation, destiny vs. choice (lol @ all of Part II)... among too many others.

The demographic this manga is aimed at (shonen) is bound to have these sorts of anvilicious elements to them because of the "average age" at which they're targeted. In other words, take Naruto with a literary grain of salt. I imagine you already do, but blah blah, I'm rambling now.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member enmymiguel's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

why is kishi saving sasuke chackra, also check how sasuke is not doing almost anything. kishi is preparing him for something. i wonder what it is, but for some reason it will be something that will make naruto 9 tails form weak. like always, sasuke always make naruto the underdog. i wonder how this time. cause naruto is a beast cause he got a beast inside him...lol stupid joke. but as we all know. they is not body that can move as fast a 9tails form plus they is noting more powerful then 9 tail bomb. seriously. well in order for sasuke to make this naruto a underdog he must transform into super sayin or he will have no chance
    I must create a real village, until i demonstrate what a real kage is. I cant Die!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member someguy0830's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sasuke's used more chakra than Itachi has. Itachi's done a quick couple blocks with Susanoo, but otherwise Sasuke's kept it up for the same length of time. He also did that Amaterasu burst. Sasuke isn't saving up for anything, just being downplayed while Itachi is getting the spotlight.

All glory to the Hypnotoad!

It is ridiculous to think that video games influence children. If Pac-Man affected kids born in the eighties, we should have a generation of teenagers who run around in darkened rooms and eat pills while listening to monotonous music.

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

If anyone has missed, MH has arranged awards for Manhwa and its sub-sections. You can find the links below. There are plenty of categories to nominate your favorites. We would love to see your participation.

Manhwa Awards
    The Breaker Awards
    Noblesse Awards
    Tower of God Awards

See you there

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member enmymiguel's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by someguy0830 View Post
    Sasuke's used more chakra than Itachi has. Itachi's done a quick couple blocks with Susanoo, but otherwise Sasuke's kept it up for the same length of time. He also did that Amaterasu burst. Sasuke isn't saving up for anything, just being downplayed while Itachi is getting the spotlight.
    yea but as we see sasuke in the past. he could do all this more the 10 times. dont believe me. check him a kages summit or against danzu
    I must create a real village, until i demonstrate what a real kage is. I cant Die!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member someguy0830's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not saying he doesn't have more chakra; clearly, he's not the least bit tired. To assert that he is somehow saving up for something when he's expended as much, if not more, effort than Itachi in this battle, however, is at best flawed. Even if he were, anything he uses would have to be non-fatal, and if it's non-fatal for Kabuto, who is just one (admittedly very tough to kill) man, it certainly is not going to be a threat to Naruto, who could literally backhand Susanoo.

This is Itachi's battle. Sasuke's a tagalong.

All glory to the Hypnotoad!

It is ridiculous to think that video games influence children. If Pac-Man affected kids born in the eighties, we should have a generation of teenagers who run around in darkened rooms and eat pills while listening to monotonous music.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member chilibun's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by enmymiguel View Post
    yea but as we see sasuke in the past. he could do all this more the 10 times. dont believe me. check him a kages summit or against danzu
    Uh... Sasuke did suffer from low chakra and injuries from his brief encounter with Raikage and co. He had his chakra recharged by white Zetsu and later by Karin before his fight with Danzou. Anyways, I don't see how this is relevant right now. Sasuke is not low on chakra. He's simply not going all out because they're not trying to kill Kabuto, but to capture him.

Seems like this chapter is mostly about Kabuto. Snore... Him and his back story has been terribly boring. He is indeed a nobody.
    Last edited by chilibun; April 18, 2012 at 02:46 AM.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Up Re: Naruto 582 Discussion / 583 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by badluckartist View Post
    As a budding writer, I have grown truly desensitized to the plot devices of: familial loss, war/orphans, extremely soft science, and the themes/motifs of: friendship/brotherhood, young>old generation, destiny vs. choice (lol @ all of Part II)... among too many others.

The demographic this manga is aimed at (shonen) is bound to have these sorts of anvilicious elements to them because of the "average age" at which they're targeted. In other words, take Naruto with a literary grain of salt. I imagine you already do, but blah blah, I'm rambling now.
    A couple of tips/comments:
    • "As a budding writer" - this is an unnecessary and annoying preface. A "budding writer" gives you very little credence (aren't we all?) but does manage to sound pretentious and pedantic.
    • You mention "familial loss, war/orphans, extremely soft science," which are not plot devices. They are plot themes, except for "extremely soft science," which is more of a flaw in the research done for writing. You can't expect a writer to be a scientist, so the key is the ability for the writer to maintain the suspension of disbelief in the reader. Being precise, on the other hand, is a great virtue for a writer.
    • You mention themes that you have become desensitized to, "including many others." I think this is a mistake. It is not a topic that makes writing great -- it is how the author deals with that topic. If you are too idealistic about the topics you will write about, you will not be able to accomplish anything because every single topic you can imagine has already been covered by the greats. YOU have not covered it, however, and perhaps you have an important new and meaningful way of looking at things.
    • You link to tvtropes. This can be a dangerous path for you if you hope to be a writer. A "trope" in writing is not necessarily a cliche, but rather a literary pattern. Again it is how you present a situation as a writer in order to tell the story YOU want to tell that matters. You can have a story full of easily identifiable tropes (or even "cliches") that is still worthwhile and enjoyable. The manga "The World God Only Knows" is a good example of this - it is filled with elements that are present in many other manga yet is still a highly enjoyable series. So do not place the burdensome shackles of needing to be completely original upon yourself. This will hold you back for no good reason.
    • Finally, Naruto has a wonderful story! The characters have good depth and development, and the content of the story and exposition of the world is epic. Can you really say that Naruto has never moved you, has never inspired you, and has not kept you entertained? If you are like me, you've no doubt been moved and inspired countless times - enough to wait on the spoilers for the next chapter 583 chapters in! The story of Naruto has inspired millions to have hope for change, to work hard, and to become better people. Isn't that the true measure of any human endeavor -- whether humanity is better as a result? Therefore, do not turn your back on Naruto now, calling it literary tripe, just because it may seem "learned" or "hip" to do so; that is the way of becoming cynical and shallow. Keep that foolish, never-give-up, compassionate spirit of Naruto in your heart and you wil go far in this world, no matter what you choose to do!

15. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GPZrag View Post
    Nope, that is incorrect my friend... if you read carefully again those chapters you will realize that even tough they CAN regenerate they wont do it fast enough to stop the enemy from sealing them.
    btw,muu couldn't regenerate notwithstanding he splitted.and the 2nd mizukage lost his powers while he was using jokey boy. so it would be a shame if a zombie used izanagi as many times as he wants to.

Thread Closed
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22