Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
I hope izanami is something believable and not something out of nowhere, like itachi using izanami for example on sasuke to change sasuke's destiny and put sasuke back the path the itachi wanted since the begginning and i do hope if itachi use izanami on kabuto, itachi use it in a diferent way than but just erasing his memory but something else than that..
Izanami-no-Mikoto, also given as 伊弉冉尊 or 伊邪那美命, the goddess of both creation and death so it's hard to believe which way kishi is going to put izanami..(creation,death,destiny)..
yeah probably, since I'm mainly speculating as to what Izanami as a jutsu actually does, then ended up going tangential.
The next few chapters will most likely be more backstory, probably ending with the orphanage's mother (lady who gave Kabuto his glasses) dying. It seems like parent figures dying in the manga have a lot of driving force behind their children's subsequent actions.
Naruto, Sasuke, Kakashi, Nagato, Orochimaru, Sarutobi, and now probably Kabuto too among many others...
The demographic this manga is aimed at (shonen) is bound to have these sorts of anvilicious elements to them because of the "average age" at which they're targeted. In other words, take Naruto with a literary grain of salt. I imagine you already do, but blah blah, I'm rambling now.
why is kishi saving sasuke chackra, also check how sasuke is not doing almost anything. kishi is preparing him for something. i wonder what it is, but for some reason it will be something that will make naruto 9 tails form weak. like always, sasuke always make naruto the underdog. i wonder how this time. cause naruto is a beast cause he got a beast inside him...lol stupid joke. but as we all know. they is not body that can move as fast a 9tails form plus they is noting more powerful then 9 tail bomb. seriously. well in order for sasuke to make this naruto a underdog he must transform into super sayin or he will have no chance
Sasuke's used more chakra than Itachi has. Itachi's done a quick couple blocks with Susanoo, but otherwise Sasuke's kept it up for the same length of time. He also did that Amaterasu burst. Sasuke isn't saving up for anything, just being downplayed while Itachi is getting the spotlight.
I'm not saying he doesn't have more chakra; clearly, he's not the least bit tired. To assert that he is somehow saving up for something when he's expended as much, if not more, effort than Itachi in this battle, however, is at best flawed. Even if he were, anything he uses would have to be non-fatal, and if it's non-fatal for Kabuto, who is just one (admittedly very tough to kill) man, it certainly is not going to be a threat to Naruto, who could literally backhand Susanoo.
This is Itachi's battle. Sasuke's a tagalong.
Seems like this chapter is mostly about Kabuto. Snore... Him and his back story has been terribly boring. He is indeed a nobody.
Last edited by chilibun; April 18, 2012 at 02:46 AM.
- "As a budding writer" - this is an unnecessary and annoying preface. A "budding writer" gives you very little credence (aren't we all?) but does manage to sound pretentious and pedantic.
- You mention "familial loss, war/orphans, extremely soft science," which are not plot devices. They are plot themes, except for "extremely soft science," which is more of a flaw in the research done for writing. You can't expect a writer to be a scientist, so the key is the ability for the writer to maintain the suspension of disbelief in the reader. Being precise, on the other hand, is a great virtue for a writer.
- You mention themes that you have become desensitized to, "including many others." I think this is a mistake. It is not a topic that makes writing great -- it is how the author deals with that topic. If you are too idealistic about the topics you will write about, you will not be able to accomplish anything because every single topic you can imagine has already been covered by the greats. YOU have not covered it, however, and perhaps you have an important new and meaningful way of looking at things.
- You link to tvtropes. This can be a dangerous path for you if you hope to be a writer. A "trope" in writing is not necessarily a cliche, but rather a literary pattern. Again it is how you present a situation as a writer in order to tell the story YOU want to tell that matters. You can have a story full of easily identifiable tropes (or even "cliches") that is still worthwhile and enjoyable. The manga "The World God Only Knows" is a good example of this - it is filled with elements that are present in many other manga yet is still a highly enjoyable series. So do not place the burdensome shackles of needing to be completely original upon yourself. This will hold you back for no good reason.
- Finally, Naruto has a wonderful story! The characters have good depth and development, and the content of the story and exposition of the world is epic. Can you really say that Naruto has never moved you, has never inspired you, and has not kept you entertained? If you are like me, you've no doubt been moved and inspired countless times - enough to wait on the spoilers for the next chapter 583 chapters in! The story of Naruto has inspired millions to have hope for change, to work hard, and to become better people. Isn't that the true measure of any human endeavor -- whether humanity is better as a result? Therefore, do not turn your back on Naruto now, calling it literary tripe, just because it may seem "learned" or "hip" to do so; that is the way of becoming cynical and shallow. Keep that foolish, never-give-up, compassionate spirit of Naruto in your heart and you wil go far in this world, no matter what you choose to do!