Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Rate this week's chapter

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epic!

8 14.04%
  • Good

32 56.14%
  • Average

14 24.56%
  • Bad

3 5.26%
New Reply
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Thread: Bleach 488 Discussion

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 488 Discussion / 489 Predictions ~Check Playground for Bleach Fan League~

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagi View Post
    I thought it would be more like tricking Kirge into believing they would join Vandenreich army. If Kirge escapes by using the shadow teleportation technique, they will be unable to follow him and fail to make any progress in rescuing Harribel. But perhaps Urahara can figure out how the technique works, if he sees it.
    what if someone very fast can intercept the vandenreich,preventing they use that shadow technique? I hope someone will block that way of escaping,unlike what happened when aizen escaped with the cero in volume 20.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 488 Discussion / 489 Predictions ~Check Playground for Bleach Fan League~

Well, so far only the recruited arrancar have had masks and those 2 guys were killed for the fun of it. The rest of the guys in vanderreich so far seem to be humans or at least they don't seem to have any hollow-ish traits to suggest there is some hollow in them. What if they are regular humans who were converted into spirit particles and simply stayed that way? Basically they simply would not have gone back to their normal material form when traveling between worlds. Perhaps with a spiritual body they could also extent their lifetime.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

The Quincy are the rebels (big surprise there). I wonder if, Ryuuken is aware of this Quincy leader guy and if, they will aid Ichigo and friends in the upcoming battle.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Krang's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So we know that the enemy are quincy. That leaves the obvious question of how can they bankai?

Bankai is unique to shinigami so quincy cant do it; if they could, honestly, i think that would be stupid. What are the options then. I see it this way:
    1. The quincy have shinigami on their side who performed a bankai.
    2. The quincy CANNOT bankai but can release their bows to a further stage (and so was misinterpreted as a bankai). However it dont see how this would be misinterpreted by Yam's guard because to think they can bankai he probably must have heard bankai.
    3.The quincy can bankai.

I think (1) is what makes the most sense. So i think that the witnessed bankai was of a shinigami who had defected.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member JutsuJuken's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought Mayuri said they can "negate" Bankai. That makes the most sense in that we saw Ivan use some Quincy tool specifically to counter Ichigo's bankai.

Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

If anyone has missed, MH has arranged awards for Manhwa and its sub-sections. You can find the links below. There are plenty of categories to nominate your favorites. We would love to see your participation.

Manhwa Awards
    The Breaker Awards
    Noblesse Awards
    Tower of God Awards

See you there

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Grekaosangel's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Krang View Post
    So we know that the enemy are quincy. That leaves the obvious question of how can they bankai?

Bankai is unique to shinigami so quincy cant do it; if they could, honestly, i think that would be stupid. What are the options then. I see it this way:
    1. The quincy have shinigami on their side who performed a bankai.
    2. The quincy CANNOT bankai but can release their bows to a further stage (and so was misinterpreted as a bankai). However it dont see how this would be misinterpreted by Yam's guard because to think they can bankai he probably must have heard bankai.
    3.The quincy can bankai.

I think (1) is what makes the most sense. So i think that the witnessed bankai was of a shinigami who had defected.
    They can't bankai. We've had what 4? chapters that bring up this argument now.

1. Ivan tells Ichigo to say goodbye to his Bankai
    2. Sasakibe tries telling Yamamoto that ...Bankai... (most likely staggered breathing or intentionally left out *more on that later*)
    3. White-haired Vandenreich guy mentioning something about Ichigo's Bankai.
    4. Mayuri warns the Captains that the enemy Quincy can negate a Bankai...even here he's only talking with cutoff sentences before Yamamoto interrupts.

Based upon these chapters and the situations, there's hardly any reason to assume they can steal Bankai over the ability to negate Bankai.

The ability to "negate" perhaps "destroy" a Bankai will be what makes these Quincy dangerous to SS. Perhaps it's not permanent but even then if a Shinigami has to go Bankai to win, and that is taken out of the picture for the fight, it will definitely make things harder for them.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sky Render's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

What I don't understand is why the bad guys sent a vanguard whose only purpose was to show SS that they can steal bankai.

Vandenreich: Bwa, ha, ha! All your bankai are belong to us!
    SS: I guess we won't be using bankai then.
    VANDENREICH: OH MY GOD HOW DID THIS HAPPEN!

Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Render View Post
    What I don't understand is why the bad guys sent a vanguard whose only purpose was to show SS that they can steal bankai.

Vandenreich: Bwa, ha, ha! All your bankai are belong to us!
    SS: I guess we won't be using bankai then.
    VANDENREICH: OH MY GOD HOW DID THIS HAPPEN!
    Doesn't look like a mistake. Rather a calculate move, more like an information gathering. Perhaps, they wanted to assess the test of what they are doing.

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Render View Post
    Perhaps they wanted to find out whether their method works or not, I wonder if they tried it on another shinigami before Sasakibe & Ichigo. No matter what, they can only capture one bankai because other captains will refrain from using their bankai after they see another shinigami's bankai is captured.

New Reply
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13