Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate this episode

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 - Fantastic

3 20.00%
  • 4 - Great

4 26.67%
  • 3 - Average

6 40.00%
  • 2 - Bad

0 0%
  • 1 - Terrible

2 13.33%
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Naruto Shippuuden Episode 257

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member narutotheory's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto Shippuuden Episode 257

Quote Originally Posted by Gats View Post
    Basically a summary of Naruto and Sasuke's rivalry. It starts before ep1 then continue after this episode. The anime is currently showing each time Naruto was in competition with Sasuke (directly or indirectly). For nostalgics, even if the art and animation have been redone.

The opening was shitty in every way. The ending was ok, the little melee between Naruto (Sage coat) and Sasuke was not especially amazing but still fine. Naruto assimilating Natural Energy and Sasuke triggering lighting chakra like a Super Sayan was...huh.

The funny thing is that the ending is showing a parallel between Naruto/Sasuke and Sakura/Hinata.
    More and more hints everywhere about that.
    Permission to rant on you? Mission accepted.

First of all Naruto's eyes did not show the mark of the sage in the ending, and Sasuke didn't show Mangekyou sharingan.

Therefore that green energy build up at the end was WIND CHAKRA, NOT NATURE ENERGY, DO YOU NOT SEE THAT!!!??? Naruto needs HIS WIND AFFINITY TO BEAT SASUKE'S LIGHTNING AFFINITY. WHY THE HELL WOULD THERE BE NATURE CHAKRA? They're both bad ass without Sage mode or Mangekyou, and thats what the ending shows other than their rivalry.

On a scale of ONE to BRO, how much you wanna come at me?
    Last edited by narutotheory; April 05, 2012 at 05:47 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Suzaku's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

While the new opening song isn't the best theme ever, the video itself is pretty solid and does a good job of showing off some of the characters you'll see during the first part of the war.

The episode itself is made up of flashbacks, but the animation quality is good and the scenes are all newly animated.

When I see people posting stuff like "garbage" or "horrible", I can't help but think that they maybe take this stuff way too seriously. Viewed objectively, it's pretty good, and gets high marks for animation. At least a 3.5/5, I'd say.

3. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by narutotheory View Post
    Permission to rant on you? Mission accepted.

First of all Naruto's eyes did not show the mark of the sage in the ending, and Sasuke didn't show Mangekyou sharingan.

Therefore that green energy build up at the end was WIND CHAKRA, NOT NATURE ENERGY, DO YOU NOT SEE THAT!!!??? Naruto needs HIS WIND AFFINITY TO BEAT SASUKE'S LIGHTNING AFFINITY. WHY THE HELL WOULD THERE BE NATURE CHAKRA? They're both bad ass without Sage mode or Mangekyou, and thats what the ending shows other than their rivalry.

On a scale of ONE to BRO, how much you wanna come at me?
    There is no need to rant.
    At this point of fantasy fight everything can happen. But well yeah I forgot about wind chakra...but seeing it green reminded me more of "Nature" than Wind has nothing to do with this color. Even without Sage's eyes, since it seems totally fantasy.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member The_Drunk's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess they finally listened to us and stop using flashbacks. Too bad now there starting to reanimate it (scratching my head). Isn't that the same thing? I did enjoy the opening credits and the ending credits, but everything in the middle just needs to go.... I figure if your going to do a filler episode, then do something that we havne't seen. Insted, they give us a summary of reanimated flashbacks.... Why???? Why would we want to see a summary of Naruto and Sasuke's rivalry? Is it something that someone isn't aware of or is it because they want to remind us. I guess that's it then.... Then animator of the filler wants to remind everyone in the Naruto community that it's about a rivalry between two friends.

So my rant isn't going to be about the animator's animation or the story line, but the message the animator is trying to give us. So here it goes....

Are you kidding me? Of all the meetings and ideas that came aross the board room to decide what kind of filler you guys were going to give us... you decide to remind us of Naruto and Sasuke's rivalry. I know, they must have fired all of the original animators and you guys have no idea what the Naruto series is about. So you decide in your board meeting that it would be a great idea to remind everyone that there is a rivalry. Infact, I can't wait until you get to the part where Naruto starts looking for Sauske. "Sauske... where are you.... Sasuke... why did you leave me... Sasuke... I miss you...." Animator... I know you guys are new over there, but everyone in the Naruto community is aware of the whole story line....

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Suzaku's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The Drunk: It's a retrospective to commemorate the anime's 10th anniversary.

Also, the directors, animation supervisors, and script writers are still pretty much the same as they've always been.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm interested in this since it includes the manga as well. Yet,I already feel it will be garbage...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NinjaStar's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well im not gonna lie....For a Filler i actually enjoyed that quite a bit. Maybe it was because im not enjoying whats been currently going on in the manga or if its because i thought the past few episodes have been bad but i really liked this. It reminded us why the Sauce was/is such a bad ass(sasuke fan). It also kinda helped us see things from sasuke's perspective as opposed to the idiotic point of view of naruto's.

I didn't like the song for the opening but i liked the content of the OP much more than i liked the last one. I just felt like the one before this one was a joke and was mocking Naruto(which was terrible considering a war was being prepared for). I really really liked the ending. My only problem with it is that it keeps teasing us with a fight that will never happen(sage naruto vs sasuke).

The quality was great but i have a question. Was it done so well because bleach's old animators worked on it or because its for the Anniversary?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bigman's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I definitely rather they reanimate the old story with amazing animation than watch fillers about ostriches with bow ties or star chakra or random silly missions from their past or whatever BS they can pull out of their asses.

So I continue to hate fillers, but I enjoyed this.
    If anyone knows of more mangas where twisted things are norm and insanity reigns supreme, please feel free to share.
    Props to Smokes for suggesting "ReBirth: The Lunatic Taker", it definitely made the list.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Tkae's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Obviously these fillers are for all the SN fangirls out there. They even changed that part where Sakura feeds Naruto to Sasuke feeding him, ahaha. Good job, good job.

Little Naruto gets animated progresively cuter as time passes by. And while this is filler I liked the part where the Third gives Naruto monthly allowance, and enjoyed the flashbacks because of the improved art.

Also, this was a fun detail for me, when we see Sasuke in his home (Where does this guy live actually?) there were 3 glasses on the table. Missing mom and dad too much?

I don't like the OP much. Funny doesn't do much for me in OPs, and the song sounds like a weird modernized national anthem. ED on the other hand, cute.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2