Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 33 of 52 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 495 of 777

Thread: Hasa Diga Eebowai

  1. #481
    The Giggs MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted igotthegoods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The Edge of the Forest
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    6,500
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Looking for the off switch

    Quote Originally Posted by 3c View Post
    Wow, just when I thought they had trolled the entire story of Brody (or well I wasn't fully convinced), they pull the stuff they did at the ending of episode 8
    Yep, same here. I knew there had to be more. I knew Brody was definitely hiding something. There was no way they trolled us completely.

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Tiff - Feels like forever since I sent you a text. Expect more







    Sorry I'm late with my reply here, since you already texted me last night. The timing could've been a little better, but it did make me laugh.

    Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    Go Unidrigo~
    You should've seen what the text said!

    Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    ...he's such a whore
    See... Gary knows what it said.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Prince View Post
    How come we've never had a chit-chat even though we seem to share so similar tastes in a number of things...?
    (I just noticed this again when I was checking if anybody had been casting similar votes to mine in the Community Awards.)

    So... so... hi!

    For starters:
    Who is/are your favorite character/s on Breaking Bad?
    Hi, Mr. Prince! Welcome! I'm not sure why we don't chat more either. We should change that! It sounds like you have excellent taste.

    Ok, so favorite Breaking Bad characters? First of all, Gus Fring is the shit as far as bad guys go. He's scary calm, yet intense at the same time and totally badass. Such an interesting character, imo. And the whole scene at the pool with the cartel.... hooooly crap!

    I also like Mike a lot. Pinkman can be a bit emo/whiny at times, but is still a good character. And then, of course, I can't forget Walter. I can't necessarily say I like him as a person much anymore, but I still root for him somehow. His character's evolution has been so interesting to watch. His moral ambiguity is what ultimately drives the show.

    Who are your favorites?

    Quote Originally Posted by 3c View Post
    Have you watched any of season 2 yet, Tiff?
    I have, just the first 2 episodes so far. I have last week's and also tonight's to watch. I'll probably have seen them by the time I get on IRC tomorrow. We can chat then if you're all caught up.

  2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #482
    Last Breath 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Norway
    Posts
    22,006
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Looking for the off switch

    Haha, depends if I've watched ep 4 by then, but I've seen 3 at least.
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

  4. #483
    Grand Secretariat 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    18,391
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Looking for the off switch

    Quote Originally Posted by igotthegoods View Post

    You should've seen what the text said!
    Oh my.... bad unidrigo?

    ---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

    Oh Tiff, Nuno and Gary, just stumbled up on this Uproxx and if you've got time, watch i; it's quite funny:



    It's the cast of Happy Endings putting on a live show with the writers and Kat Denings.

  5. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
  6. #484
    Last Breath 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Norway
    Posts
    22,006
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Looking for the off switch

    I will watch it tonight
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

  7. #485
    Grand Secretariat 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    18,391
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Looking for the off switch

    Also:

    Spoiler show



  8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  9. #486
    The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ...
    Country
    Pakistan
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,632
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Looking for the off switch

    adhores

  10. #487
    MH's Best Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Prince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    ジャニーズ事務所
    Country
    Japan
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,121
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Looking for the off switch

    Quote Originally Posted by igotthegoods View Post
    Hi, Mr. Prince! Welcome! I'm not sure why we don't chat more either. We should change that! It sounds like you have excellent taste.

    Ok, so favorite Breaking Bad characters? First of all, Gus Fring is the shit as far as bad guys go. He's scary calm, yet intense at the same time and totally badass. Such an interesting character, imo. And the whole scene at the pool with the cartel.... hooooly crap!

    I also like Mike a lot. Pinkman can be a bit emo/whiny at times, but is still a good character. And then, of course, I can't forget Walter. I can't necessarily say I like him as a person much anymore, but I still root for him somehow. His character's evolution has been so interesting to watch. His moral ambiguity is what ultimately drives the show.

    Who are your favorites?
    Why, thank you. Same can be said about your awesome taste, I guess.



    Your choice of characters is so nice. It's practically the same for me! Gus was just such a cool cat. That dude had a heart rate of, like, 20 bpm...
    His Spanish might have been the only downer (I don't speak Spanish myself but even I could hear some nasty accent going on) but apart from that minor detail he was killer. One of the most charismatic antagonists on a TV show in recent memory.

    I have to say that overall I found the atmosphere in later seasons to be quite suffocating at times so I was really thankful for Mike and - another favorite of mine - Saul. Those two acted as some sort of antipode to all the danger and serious shit going on and delivered some well-appreciated comic relief. (Well, I thought they were funny and was happy whenever one of them showed up after some three minute spiral of psychedelia, distortion and selfhate from Jesse...)

    I also can't say I really "like" Jesse and Walter all that much anymore. (I loved early seasons' Jesse with his dorky, baggy clothes and his gangsta posturing... ) But they really are well-written and interesting characters. I'm still feeling great empathy for Jesse. He's just this lonely, lost soul who got manipulated by Walter many a times. So I'm hoping he will be "rescued" in the end, recover and find happiness eventually.
    Walter on the other hand turned out to be just so ruthless and... yeah... let's call it "evil". It's brilliant how the dynamic of Walter and Jesse has changed over and over. - But just like you I also hope there still might be hope for Walt. s5e08 had shown some great promise regarding this aspect before that cliffhanger came over us.

    I'm so excited. Never actually got a chance to discuss the show with anybody before so this is all new territory for me. xD
    Last edited by Mr. Prince; October 23, 2012 at 06:32 PM. Reason: typo fail MAX

    TL: Oumagadoki Doubutsuen (29/37) || *NEW* HUNGRY JOKER (latest update: case.12+13) • Meet the Man: Sterling Cooper Ad Agency

  11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  12. #488
    The Giggs MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted igotthegoods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The Edge of the Forest
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    6,500
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Looking for the off switch

    Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    Oh Tiff, Nuno and Gary, just stumbled up on this Uproxx and if you've got time, watch i; it's quite funny:



    It's the cast of Happy Endings putting on a live show with the writers and Kat Denings.
    Awesome! I'll watch it later tonight! ^^

    Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    Also:

    Spoiler show




    Thanks for campaigning for me! I don't really expect to win anything, but that's sweet that you thought of me. My favorite "campaign" sig has to be a toss-up between Gary's and Mr. Prince's. Both are awesome.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Prince View Post
    Why, thank you. Same can be said about your awesome taste, I guess.



    Your choice of characters is so nice. It's practically the same for me! Gus was just such a cool cat. That dude had a heart rate of, like, 20 bpm...
    His Spanish might have been the only downer (I don't speak Spanish myself but even I could here some nasty accent going on) but apart from that minor detail he was killer. One of the most charismatic antagonists on a TV show in recent memory.

    I have to say that overall I found the atmosphere in later seasons to be quite suffocating at times so I was really thankful for Mike and - another favorite of mine - Saul. Those two acted as some sort of antipode to all the danger and serious shit going on and delivered some well-appreciated comic relief. (Well, I thought they were funny and was happy whenever one of them showed up after some three minute spiral of psychedelia, distortion and selfhate from Jesse...)

    I also can't say I really "like" Jesse and Walter all that much anymore. (I loved early seasons' Jesse with his dorky, baggy clothes and his gangsta posturing... ) But they really are well-written and interesting characters. I'm still feeling great empathy for Jesse. He's just this lonely, lost soul who got manipulated by Walter many a times. So I'm hoping he will be "rescued" in the end, recover and find happiness eventually.
    Walter on the other hand turned out to be just so ruthless and... yeah... let's call it "evil". It's brilliant how the dynamic of Walter and Jesse has changed over and over. - But just like you I also hope there still might be hope for Walt. s5e08 had shown some great promise regarding this aspect before that cliffhanger came over us.

    I'm so excited. Never actually got a chance to discuss the show with anybody before so this is all new territory for me. xD
    Oh no! I forgot about Saul! Saul is sleazy and corrupt, but he's also really smart. He always seems to find the way around whatever problem Walt & company are faced with. And I fully agree with you about he and Mike injecting some sorely needed comic relief into those very dark later seasons. Mike's dry humor is my favorite.

    Glad you could find someone you could finally talk with about the show! It saddens me that more people at MH don't watch it, especially those who I generally think have good taste in TV (I'm looking at you, Gary, Nuno, ibra, Bob ).

    Have you seen this, btw?

  13. #489
    MH's Best Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Prince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    ジャニーズ事務所
    Country
    Japan
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,121
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Looking for the off switch

    Quote Originally Posted by igotthegoods View Post
    My favorite "campaign" sig has to be a toss-up between Gary's and Mr. Prince's. Both are awesome.


    Quote Quote:
    Oh no! I forgot about Saul! Saul is sleazy and corrupt, but he's also really smart. He always seems to find the way around whatever problem Walt & company are faced with. And I fully agree with you about he and Mike injecting some sorely needed comic relief into those very dark later seasons. Mike's dry humor is my favorite.

    Glad you could find someone you could finally talk with about the show! It saddens me that more people at MH don't watch it, especially those who I generally think have good taste in TV (I'm looking at you, Gary, Nuno, ibra, Bob ).

    Have you seen this, btw?
    LOL, that graphic is da bomb. That’s quite the keen eye the artist had there, I never noticed.

    Saul is a real catchy character. I read the makers of the show might consider doing a spin-off about him, I think that would be cool. (Because honestly, I always wonder just what the hell Saul does all freaking day. It seems like he has always some shit going on…) And he really is quite the sly dog. – Though admittedly, Laser Tag might not have been THE best idea. xD

    And yeah, gotta love the grumpy old man’s sarcasm. I really like Mike’s two-sidedness in regards to how he strictly separates work [i.e. cold-blooded and thoroughly operating killer] and family [i.e. loving grandpa]. (Much akin to Walter, but in contrast to him Mike knew better to set his priorities. Walt kinda lost sight of what’s important in the end, Mike not so much IMO.) I also found it interesting how humane and soft he became towards Jesse; I liked their relationship a lot. It felt like Mike was watching over him, just like I had hoped for Walter to do…

    Oh, why would they do that?
    WHY WOULD YOU GUYS DO THAT!?

    TL: Oumagadoki Doubutsuen (29/37) || *NEW* HUNGRY JOKER (latest update: case.12+13) • Meet the Man: Sterling Cooper Ad Agency

  14. #490
    Last Breath 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Norway
    Posts
    22,006
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Looking for the off switch

    Don't know if you know already, but not many hours after we talked about Homeland and possible additional seasons, it was renewed for a third season.

    Now time to speculate even more
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

  15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  16. #491
    The Giggs MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted igotthegoods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The Edge of the Forest
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    6,500
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Looking for the off switch

    Quote Originally Posted by 3c View Post
    Don't know if you know already, but not many hours after we talked about Homeland and possible additional seasons, it was renewed for a third season.

    Now time to speculate even more
    Our timing is amazing! Thanks for the info. I'm glad to know we have at least another season to look forward to! I guess catching/killing Abu Nazir is likely going to be the ultimate goal? Who knows at this point.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Prince View Post
    LOL, that graphic is da bomb. That’s quite the keen eye the artist had there, I never noticed.

    Saul is a real catchy character. I read the makers of the show might consider doing a spin-off about him, I think that would be cool. (Because honestly, I always wonder just what the hell Saul does all freaking day. It seems like he has always some shit going on…) And he really is quite the sly dog. – Though admittedly, Laser Tag might not have been THE best idea. xD

    And yeah, gotta love the grumpy old man’s sarcasm. I really like Mike’s two-sidedness in regards to how he strictly separates work [i.e. cold-blooded and thoroughly operating killer] and family [i.e. loving grandpa]. (Much akin to Walter, but in contrast to him Mike knew better to set his priorities. Walt kinda lost sight of what’s important in the end, Mike not so much IMO.) I also found it interesting how humane and soft he became towards Jesse; I liked their relationship a lot. It felt like Mike was watching over him, just like I had hoped for Walter to do…

    Oh, why would they do that?
    WHY WOULD YOU GUYS DO THAT!?
    Isn't that funny? I never noticed the relationship between hair and violence on that show, but it works perfectly. I love the "weapons of choice" they came up with, too. Totally spot on.

    I've never thought about that comparison of Walt and Mike that you brought up, but I like it! Even though Mike is ruthless and calculating, he's strictly professional. Walt, on the other hand, gets a real high off of his misdeeds... especially in the later seasons. He revels in the power and in his victories. He totally gets off on it, unlike Mike, who I don't believe gets any pleasure out of it. Mike simply does what needs to be done. I also agree about his relationship with Jesse. Even though Mike would never be outwardly emotional toward him, there was a definite softness there that was nice to watch.

    I don't know why they did that, but !!!!

  17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  18. #492
    MH's Most Passionate Member 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member scav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Boneyard
    Country
    The Wall
    Posts
    10,362
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Looking for the off switch

    oi thegoods what's the most embarrassing thing you did in your life?

    random song
    Spoiler show
    <img src=http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic136240_61.gif border=0 alt= />

  19. #493
    The Giggs MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted igotthegoods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The Edge of the Forest
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    6,500
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Looking for the off switch

    Ehhhh, I don't know that I want to reveal the most humiliating moment in my life. Sorry, scav.

    Thanks for the song! Are you a fan of R&B/dance songs mostly? Or what is your preferred type of music?

  20. #494
    MH's Most Passionate Member 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member scav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Boneyard
    Country
    The Wall
    Posts
    10,362
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Looking for the off switch

    Quote Originally Posted by igotthegoods View Post
    Ehhhh, I don't know that I want to reveal the most humiliating moment in my life. Sorry, scav.
    so u didn't move on? i understand

    /jke i knew you would answer something like that

    Quote Quote:
    Thanks for the song! Are you a fan of R&B/dance songs mostly? Or what is your preferred type of music?
    hum im more into hiphop than r'n'b, but im a dancer so i were to describe what i listen ill just say songs that make you move. rap for the c-walk, dance and dubstep for the popping. what do u listen? do u dance?
    <img src=http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic136240_61.gif border=0 alt= />

  21. #495
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Piltover
    Country
    Pyke
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    47,359
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Looking for the off switch

    TIFF YOU MUST TELL THE MOST EMBARRASSING THING. I COMMAND IT.

New Reply
Page 33 of 52 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts