Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 61 of 134 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 111 ... LastLast

Thread: Yes, yes. I believe you. If you say that is the case, then that must be the case.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Doraku's Netorare thread

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    Well, theoretically speaking, once you get into level 3-4 and have taken all your Q, W, and E, I think it's possible to gank mid or bot, but not top since top is all about sustain and bruiser and Diana couldn't afford to be a meatshield early game. And Any champ is obviously better at ganking post-6.

The way I look at it, normally you get a champion discount when it was F2P.. but not sure, the trend seems unpredictable lately, I already have all the ADC besides Kog'Maw and Vayne, so I don't think I need another 6300 champion or two besides Thresh or Zed.
    No, I almost always gank mid after a clear or so. If we're successful, I usually try to steal their blue for our APC, or at least ward it.

It's pure luck, but I can wait a sale or two to see. I didn't play two nights ago aside from trying out smartcasting against bots with Ezreal. Last night the servers were down.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: A Supposedly Fun Thing I'll Never Do Again

Hey Doraku, how've you been? I finally finished Puella Magi Madoka Magica! It was pretty entertaining, and the plot twist was quite good. What did you think of it when you first watched it?

Also, what shows are you watching this season? I'm planning on watching Attack on Titan.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Kya~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    No, I almost always gank mid after a clear or so. If we're successful, I usually try to steal their blue for our APC, or at least ward it.

It's pure luck, but I can wait a sale or two to see. I didn't play two nights ago aside from trying out smartcasting against bots with Ezreal. Last night the servers were down.
    Oh yeah, I think just ask the mid to let the opponent's push, and you're good to go.

I know, but if you don't have much RP left, I'd rather suggest you to wait, like., forever before you purchasing unless you're really sure that you'd be able to play it often. Sometimes buying a champ is a hit and miss, some champs need more practice than the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Teeba View Post
    Hey Doraku, how've you been? I finally finished Puella Magi Madoka Magica! It was pretty entertaining, and the plot twist was quite good. What did you think of it when you first watched it?

Also, what shows are you watching this season? I'm planning on watching Attack on Titan.
    I'm good, this is the last day of my exam, so after this I'm going to take a day off or two for a while. How're you? Ah, good to know. For me, it was a great deviation from the norm of standard Mahou Shoujo series, and I like it very much. The characters' emotions are strongly felt, combined with creepy animation, it deserves the attention it gets.

I'm watching Red Data Girl, Aku no Hana (the picture is off, and I don't recommend you to watch this one), Attack on Titan, and Susei no Gargantia. Gargantia is written by Urobuchi as well, so you might want to give it a try.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted lawlett-kun's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

NOOOOO WHERE IS JOJO NOOOOO

Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lawlett-kun View Post
    NOOOOO WHERE IS JOJO NOOOOO
    I'm trying to move on , besides I'm an Urobuchi fanboy, so yeah, I guess it's the right time to change my set.

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm good, this is the last day of my exam, so after this I'm going to take a day off or two for a while. How're you? Ah, good to know. For me, it was a great deviation from the norm of standard Mahou Shoujo series, and I like it very much. The characters' emotions are strongly felt, combined with creepy animation, it deserves the attention it gets.

I'm watching Red Data Girl, Aku no Hana (the picture is off, and I don't recommend you to watch this one), Attack on Titan, and Susei no Gargantia. Gargantia is written by Urobuchi as well, so you might want to give it a try.
    I'm ok. I'm still on spring break but I have a ton of coursework that's due when it ends. Are you done with the year after your exams? Congratulations on finishing the last one! I can't wait to be done with mine.

It was an overall great series, and to be honest it perfectly fit within 12 episodes. Normally I feel 12 episode anime barely go anywhere, but this was really tightly plotted. But I have to admit, after I finished watching it I really wanted to know why it was a bit controversial when it first came out. Instead most of the criticiszm I could find were really poorly place. I loved the animation of the witches, those were sheer brilliance.

I heard about the aku no hana controversy on tumblr. I think its epic trolling and if it weren't for the totally generic plot I'd totally watch it. Gargantia looks very Miyazaki inspired. I'm not sure whether its more light-hearted or deceptively light-hearted. Speaking of Urobuchi, I think I'm going to try Psycho Pass next. I'm really slow when it comes to anime, but I really need to make the effort to watch more. I know it just ended but still.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm ok. I'm still on spring break but I have a ton of coursework that's due when it ends. Are you done with the year after your exams? Congratulations on finishing the last one! I can't wait to be done with mine.

It was an overall great series, and to be honest it perfectly fit within 12 episodes. Normally I feel 12 episode anime barely go anywhere, but this was really tightly plotted. But I have to admit, after I finished watching it I really wanted to know why it was a bit controversial when it first came out. Instead most of the criticiszm I could find were really poorly place. I loved the animation of the witches, those were sheer brilliance.

I heard about the aku no hana controversy on tumblr. I think its epic trolling and if it weren't for the totally generic plot I'd totally watch it. Gargantia looks very Miyazaki inspired. I'm not sure whether its more light-hearted or deceptively light-hearted. Speaking of Urobuchi, I think I'm going to try Psycho Pass next. I'm really slow when it comes to anime, but I really need to make the effort to watch more. I know it just ended but still.
    You can say many things about Aku no Hana but having a generic plot, eh, not so much

Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

No, not yet. The "real" hell starts next week, but I'm currently taking couple days off, just to recharge my spirit and physical readiness for the remaining battles until August.

For most astute anime scholars, there are many things left unanswered, or obvious plot holes. To be honest I was not much of an observant when I watched Madoka when it aired for the first time, but I think it's perfectly fine. Any story with "that" plot element in the end, is prone to plot hole, since it's quite difficult to develop a story near to perfection from that. I found a good, balanced criticism on Madoka, but I think I forgot to bookmark it, but that was a good one.

As for Aku no Hana, I have to agree with Miyamoto here. Aku no Hana is anything but generic. I think (the manga) is one of the most "challenging" psychological and twisted stories out there. If it were published in a Seinen magazine, I bet the story is going to be more intricate and insane. I guess you were reading bad synopsis as a reference. Psycho-Pass is good, 9/10, sometimes the philosophical indoctrination get in the way of story telling, nonetheless it's a great anime.

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

Oh, is your avatar coming from Genshiken? It's really niiiice.

Grand Secretariat 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Finished Fate/Zero last night, very good and I'm surprised at how quickly I breezed through it once I started( I think 2-3 days max). Really liked the concept of the Holy Grail and Hero Spirits as servant to masters the Grail considers worthy.
    I hadn't read about it beforehand as I didn't want to spoil myself and I'm glad I didn't. I found Iksander to be my favourite character in the series, he's just got so much passion and life with him; and so badass. Quite a few scenes with him I liked
    Spoiler: Fate/Zero show
    Last edited by Doraku; April 16, 2013 at 11:27 PM.

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    You can say many things about Aku no Hana but having a generic plot, eh, not so much
    I think I read a bad synopsis for it. On Wikipedia, it describes the plot being about a guy who gets caught taking his crush's PE clothes by another female classmate, and gets into a kind of cladestine relationship with her. It sounded more like a coming of age harem story. Since then I've read more in depth reviews on it which talk about its relationship with Bauderlaire's Flower of Evil. Honestly the summary on Wikipedia is as generic as you can get.

No, not yet. The "real" hell starts next week, but I'm currently taking couple days off, just to recharge my spirit and physical readiness for the remaining battles until August.
    You definitely earned a break. My hell is just starting. A week before uni resumes!

For most astute anime scholars, there are many things left unanswered, or obvious plot holes. To be honest I was not much of an observant when I watched Madoka when it aired for the first time, but I think it's perfectly fine. Any story with "that" plot element in the end, is prone to plot hole, since it's quite difficult to develop a story near to perfection from that. I found a good, balanced criticism on Madoka, but I think I forgot to bookmark it, but that was a good one.v

I'm sure anime scholars would have a field day with Madoka. Either way, I'm satisfied with it. The only real complaint I had was my own personal preference on the character designs. I understand why they were like that but the awkwardness of the animation I could never get over.

As for Aku no Hana, I have to agree with Miyamoto here. Aku no Hana is anything but generic. I think (the manga) is one of the most "challenging" psychological and twisted stories out there. If it were published in a Seinen magazine, I bet the story is going to be more intricate and insane. I guess you were reading bad synopsis as a reference. Psycho-Pass is good, 9/10, sometimes the philosophical indoctrination get in the way of story telling, nonetheless it's a great anime.
    Yeah when my reference was Wikipedia of course I'd miss all the psychological references and undertone. While I like psychological themes I'm still on the fence on it. I'm not sure if I agree with Baudelaire.

Oh, is your avatar coming from Genshiken? It's really niiiice.
    Thanks! I love Hato and the storyline with him is really picking up! I'm sad not many people know or discuss Genshiken. It's really a joy to read. The situations can be so mundane but at the same time packed full of anime references and characterization. What do you think is going to happen next?

Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    Finished Fate/Zero last night, very good and I'm surprised at how quickly I breezed through it once I started( I think 2-3 days max). Really liked the concept of the Holy Grail and Hero Spirits as servant to masters the Grail considers worthy.
    I hadn't read about it beforehand as I didn't want to spoil myself and I'm glad I didn't. I found Iksander to be my favourite character in the series, he's just got so much passion and life with him; and so badass. Quite a few scenes with him I liked
    So happy that you really like it. F/Zero is probably my favorite Anime in recent years, probably belong to the top 10. I really wish that F/Stay Night has the same quality as its prequel, so that you can watch it as well, too bad that it isn't. Iskandar is really popular back then, I found his Bro-ness attitude is charming and very likable. He's also the servant who had a happy ending despite the end of his "career" as a servant in holy grail war.

Nonetheless, my favorite character in the whole Fate universe is still the bishoujo warrior, Saber.

Oh, and I put spoiler tag inside your post since

You definitely earned a break. My hell is just starting. A week before uni resumes!

I'm sure anime scholars would have a field day with Madoka. Either way, I'm satisfied with it. The only real complaint I had was my own personal preference on the character designs. I understand why they were like that but the awkwardness of the animation I could never get over.

Thanks! I love Hato and the storyline with him is really picking up! I'm sad not many people know or discuss Genshiken. It's really a joy to read. The situations can be so mundane but at the same time packed full of anime references and characterization. What do you think is going to happen next?
    Yes, a well-deserved break I must say. Ah, but you're an architect. That major is simply restless, I bet if I were enrolled into that major, I would feel very stressed. Moreover, I'm not adept at drawing.

I found some scenes (even in BD Rip) have weird camera angles placement, making the characters look awkward. But it still maintain cutesy nature of Mahou Shoujo genre, so I don't have anything to complain, to be honest.

I do not follow the scanlation, unfortunately. , I have my subscription of Afternoon, but I haven't read Genshiken in 10 editions or so, so I might have missed something here.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Grand Secretariat 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

So happy that you really like it. F/Zero is probably my favorite Anime in recent years, probably belong to the top 10. I really wish that F/Stay Night has the same quality as its prequel, so that you can watch it as well, too bad that it isn't. Iskandar is really popular back then, I found his Bro-ness attitude is charming and very likable. He's also the servant who had a happy ending despite the end of his "career" as a servant in holy grail war.

Nonetheless, my favorite character in the whole Fate universe is still the bishoujo warrior, Saber.

Oh, and I put spoiler tag inside your post since
    Really thank you for the recommendation, I'm always slow with animes and such. . Well I'd rank it very highly as a series, though since I only watch "good" anime, I dunno where I'd put it. Top 10 is not unlikely; it was so enjoyable; even the flashbacks of some characters, which sort of acted as fillers but instead showed you the reasons why they seek the Grail and builds on their characters.

Thank you for spoiler tagging, completely missed that. Regarding Saber:
    Spoiler show

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Glacial Malphite

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Hoiya. \o/

I wonder what kind of hell you'll face exactly. Mine is starting soon too... Exams and a national project created by my batch about sports and science competition. It's crazy. -__-

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, a well-deserved break I must say. Ah, but you're an architect. That major is simply restless, I bet if I were enrolled into that major, I would feel very stressed. Moreover, I'm not adept at drawing.

I found some scenes (even in BD Rip) have weird camera angles placement, making the characters look awkward. But it still maintain cutesy nature of Mahou Shoujo genre, so I don't have anything to complain, to be honest.

I do not follow the scanlation, unfortunately. , I have my subscription of Afternoon, but I haven't read Genshiken in 10 editions or so, so I might have missed something here.
    One thing I do enjoy about being an architect is that you don't have actual written exams to take, just pure drawing work. I don't think I'd be able to handle your university either. I think I'd freak out over all the exams!

Whaaat, you've subscribed to Afternoon?! But you haven't caught up?! Ten chapters is quite a lot. I mean, Genshiken is slice of life so its not like you missed much, but it would be nice to be able to talk to someone about it. ;_; I can't help but think Kio is doing a great job talking about a very unique subject, specifically Hato.

Fate/Stay is another anime series I've been meaning to watch. I'm curious because I've seen the Hilda = Saber comparisons for a while now. I know they aren't similar personality wise but still.

Thread Closed
Page 61 of 134 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 111 ... LastLast