Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 134 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Yes, yes. I believe you. If you say that is the case, then that must be the case.

Smiling Moe Hunter 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, yes. I believe you. If you say that is the case, then that must be the case.

Shounen mods. Ask me any question or feel free to spam the thread.
    Last edited by Doraku; February 23, 2013 at 10:24 PM.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    Bobbas Veltez 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fear and Loathing in MangaHelpers : A Beginning

Welcome to MH Doraku!

What too you so long to make your thread huh?

What animes are your favourite animes?

Favourite movies?

What football team do you support/follow?

And what's the name of your band and what instrument do you play, and also can you play any other instruments besides that?

For help with translating, there's the Translators Academy forums; which has a bunch of useful threads to help you get started or tips to pick up. If you have any particular questions, then visit the translators help thread.

Hope to see you more around here and the General Discussions and Fun Forum

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks goldb!
    My favourite Animes are everything that are made by Hayao Miyazaki, also Haruhi Suzumiya series, Neon Genesis Evangelion, and Deadman Wonderland. Probably Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood too.
    Since I also watch a lot of movies it's quite difficult to choose . Fight Club, Goodfellas, Pulp Fiction, 12 Angry Men, Bicycle Thieves, The Departed, Taxi Driver, Raging Bull, Woody Allen movies. Those are the movies that I could think about right now.
    My favourite football teams are : Real Madrid for Spanish League, Inter Milan for Italian League and Blackburn Rovers for English Premier League (don't ask why )
    My band is called Serenity, simply because most of the time we play pop-rock or blues-rock tune. My role is basically backing vocal - bassist - co-song writer. I could play guitar, piano and drums also, but I'm feeling most comfortable with bass, since it's not "under the spotlight" instrument.

Once again, thank you, I'll visit those sub-forums soon.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    Thanks goldb!
    My favourite Animes are everything that are made by Hayao Miyazaki, also Haruhi Suzumiya series, Neon Genesis Evangelion, and Deadman Wonderland. Probably Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood too.
    Tough questions, what are your top 5 Ghibli films? I tried to think of mine but couldn't decide with just five, I've never seen of the Evangelion series but my brother loves it so much lol but I have FMA Brotherhood, so I'll start watching that after I'm done with Gurren Lagan and Kara no Kyoukai.

Quote Quote:
    Since I also watch a lot of movies it's quite difficult to choose . Fight Club, Goodfellas, Pulp Fiction, 12 Angry Men, Bicycle Thieves, The Departed, Taxi Driver, Raging Bull, Woody Allen movies. Those are the movies that I could think about right now.
    Except for 12 Angry Men and Bicycle Thieves, I had seen the individuals titles you've mentioned and agree with their awesomeness

Quote Quote:
    My favourite football teams are : Real Madrid for Spanish League, Inter Milan for Italian League and Blackburn Rovers for English Premier League (don't ask why )
    Blackburn? a few years ago, as an Arsenal fan I would've given you a cold look, but now I'm indifferent about them since they're not much of a threat to anyone right now.

Quote Quote:
    My band is called Serenity, simply because most of the time we play pop-rock or blues-rock tune. My role is basically backing vocal - bassist - co-song writer. I could play guitar, piano and drums also, but I'm feeling most comfortable with bass, since it's not "under the spotlight" instrument.
    Sounds Awesome, blues-rock sounds interesting you should check out the voice recording thread and maybe a little something for us when you can

Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    Tough questions, what are your top 5 Ghibli films? I tried to think of mine but couldn't decide with just five, I've never seen of the Evangelion series but my brother loves it so much lol but I have FMA Brotherhood, so I'll start watching that after I'm done with Gurren Lagan and Kara no Kyoukai.
    Except for 12 Angry Men and Bicycle Thieves, I had seen the individuals titles you've mentioned and agree with their awesomeness
    Blackburn? a few years ago, as an Arsenal fan I would've given you a cold look, but now I'm indifferent about them since they're not much of a threat to anyone right now.
    You cannot choose 5 films only from Ghibli . Kara no Kyoukai is adapted from the light novels right? probably I'll watch the anime later on. I'm currently stuck with Mirai Nikki right now, I have 20-something episodes to catch up on.

Those two movies are quite ancient movies, but if you love movie with a simple plot but brilliantly executed, I recommend you to watch it. now.

My reason to support Blackburn is simple, really. When I was still 5-6 years old, my uncle, who introduced me to the world of football, was a huge Blackburn supporter ( he has tendency to support "small" team). If I remember it correctly,it was around '94-'95 season where Blackburn won the EPL. So I'm stuck with Blackburn up until now. Well, at least Blackburn beat Arsenal & Manchester United this season once

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

You cannot choose 5 films only from Ghibli . Kara no Kyoukai is adapted from the light novels right? probably I'll watch the anime later on. I'm currently stuck with Mirai Nikki right now, I have 20-something episodes to catch up on.
    It's not impossible, just difficult, then gimme your top 10 Kara no Kyoukai is based off the novels. Whats Mirai Nikkii about?

Quote Quote:
    Those two movies are quite ancient movies, but if you love movie with a simple plot but brilliantly executed, I recommend you to watch it. now.
    Cool, I'll check them out and let you know what I think

Quote Quote:
    My reason to support Blackburn is simple, really. When I was still 5-6 years old, my uncle, who introduced me to the world of football, was a huge Blackburn supporter ( he has tendency to support "small" team). If I remember it correctly,it was around '94-'95 season where Blackburn won the EPL. So I'm stuck with Blackburn up until now. Well, at least Blackburn beat Arsenal & Manchester United this season once
    Oh yes....don't remind me. A lot of my uncles are like that, just supporting the little teams cos they like the challenge lol But I've been an Arsenal fan ever since I first saw them play here in 99, just loved their style of football.

Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    It's not impossible, just difficult, then gimme your top 10 Kara no Kyoukai is based off the novels. Whats Mirai Nikkii about?
    Okay I will give you my top 5 : Princess Monoke, Kiki's Delivery Service, Ponyo, Spirited Away, Porco Rosso. I want to add Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind but since it is not produced by Ghibli so I cant.

Mirai Nikki is similar with Battle Royale, with less gore. I think the story is amazing, and its anime adaptation has been consistently get high rating too. Worth your time.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with your choices but where's Howl's Moving Castle or My Neighbour Totoro or Whispers of the Heart; which is a very sweet and touching story. God there's too many!

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks goldb!

Once again, thank you, I'll visit those sub-forums soon.
    Ah you have got talent. You have any inspiration?

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thornofcarrion View Post
    Ah you have got talent. You have any inspiration?
    Hey, thanks for visiting .

I'm not trying to be modest, but I don't think I have any "talent" in music like those 8 years old children who are able to play Mozart's piece perfectly
    If you are asking about inspiration, I have a lot of inspiration sources when making or playing music. When it comes to musical style, I usually try to combine and modify the style of different musicians and add the best improvisation I could make . In song writing, (besides my own mood) I seek inspiration from books (including manga) and poetry.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice. What kind of music inspire you the most?

Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thornofcarrion View Post
    Nice. What kind of music inspire you the most?
    Nothing in particular, since I listen to many genres. But if I have to choose, Jimi Hendrix, Clapton, Bruce Springsteen, Tupac, each one of them inspire me in their own way. (Sorry if my inspiration sources seem too old-fashioned )

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Nothing in particular, since I listen to many genres. But if I have to choose, Jimi Hendrix, Clapton, Bruce Springsteen, Tupac, each one of them inspire me in their own way. (Sorry if my inspiration sources seem too old-fashioned )
    Not at all. I have seen so many musicians getting inspirations from these artists. Even someone selling a platinum would name such artists.

22. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you play music also?

Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

I have nothing to do, so I cleaned up the mess in the 1st post so It will be more readable. Thank you very much for visiting.

25. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 134 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast