Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
Thread Closed
Page 23 of 134 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 73 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Yes, yes. I believe you. If you say that is the case, then that must be the case.

Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: A German Guy wrote my thread title. He sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    Nah, it was something digitaldude started saying and it caught on. I think it's pretty funny...considering it isn't correct at all.

Yeah, the Seahawks change wasn't as drastic but it's different. They've changed their colors at least twice.

Soccer kits change a lot, especially with all the alternate jerseys and stuff. There might not be too many drastic changes in American Football compared to Soccer though. Usually color changes are done to make jerseys and logos look more modern. The most drastic change in color that I can think of is probably the Tampa Bay Buccaneers uniform change.

Spoiler show

They still wear the "Creamsicle" uniforms as retro here and there (the one in the middle). That was the uniform from when they entered the league as an expansion franchise. The uniform today is red and pewter, compared to the original which is red/light-orange/white. Most of the color changes are using maybe deeper shades of the same color (Jets, Eagles, Patriots come to mind).
    Ah yeah, considering even the least capable Japanese in speaking English, I guess they won't say it as "wrongu", though. "Wronko" would be more accurate - at least that's how one Japanese guy I met pronounced it.

Buccaneers change of mood seems justifiable, the old one looks ugly. I'm not surprised at all if they wanted to change with the new look, it's just cooler. I also realized that American Football's jerseys are mostly pretty simple in their design, a layman like me would not easily recognize if there's any change in the jersey except the colors.

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Honestly speaking, I'm rather scared of field practice at the moment because I totally have no idea what to say because it feels like my head is empty. Or too full to be exploited. Whatever. -__- But that's a crazy amount. Not supported by the faculty/uni in any way? It's field practice after all.

I thought they have always been.
    I had the same opinion with you but I guess I'm just going to do it, whatever how mess the result might be Hopefully it's going to be an unforgettable experience during college, so yeah, I'm so pumped for it. No, as far as I know, they do not support it. Even if they support the project, probably only a small amount of money; 4-5 millions at max.

Quote Originally Posted by Asclepius View Post
    i wanna post this somewhere, while i search the general section for a place for it.
    It makes me feel good, so maybe you will feel good too after the title thing.
    Spoiler show
    I don't understand how did you know I like paintings but thank you very much , it's inspiring and wonderful. Where did you get this, anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by 3c View Post
    Well, in a vague sense, sure. I'm not immune to bleeding, but taking me down should be impossible.
    Ever since being a red, you seems invincible lately

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Here, I'm sending you some good vibes to break the block

Spoiler show

Who is? Me and Gary? Nuno and Gary?
    Spoiler: Evangelion 3.0 show

You with Gary or Nuno or both doesn't matter, as long as you admit that you're in a gay relationship with one of the reds

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    Ah yeah, considering even the least capable Japanese in speaking English, I guess they won't say it as "wrongu", though. "Wronko" would be more accurate - at least that's how one Japanese guy I met pronounced it.

Buccaneers change of mood seems justifiable, the old one looks ugly. I'm not surprised at all if they wanted to change with the new look, it's just cooler. I also realized that American Football's jerseys are mostly pretty simple in their design, a layman like me would not easily recognize if there's any change in the jersey except the colors.
    Well...I wouldn't say soccer kits are that complicated

But as I said before, most changes aren't that drastic. Since the equipment contract is league-wide instead of club by club in soccer. So that results in most uniforms having the same shape. Helmets are a different story though.

Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Well...I wouldn't say soccer kits are that complicated

But as I said before, most changes aren't that drastic. Since the equipment contract is league-wide instead of club by club in soccer. So that results in most uniforms having the same shape. Helmets are a different story though.
    It really depends on which leagues we're talking about, though. The most popular soccer leagues like Italian Serie A, English Premier League or Spanish BBVA purposefully made their jerseys less complicated, for several reasons. While on the other hand, inferior leagues - Africans, Asians - are tend to be pretty complicated; they are sometimes filled with too many sponsors, they're using weird color combinations, etc. You can say that inferior leagues are less considerate about aesthetic factors in their uniforms..

That's a new information for me. So the football clubs do not get direct benefits from the kit contracts or do they? I did not even realize that different teams have different helmets.

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I had the same opinion with you but I guess I'm just going to do it, whatever how mess the result might be Hopefully it's going to be an unforgettable experience during college, so yeah, I'm so pumped for it. No, as far as I know, they do not support it. Even if they support the project, probably only a small amount of money; 4-5 millions at max.
    I guess that's what it should be for me too. *shakes fist*
    Yeah, it's actually interesting despite all the hardship that may come with it. Seniors always say that it's at this stage that we actually learn what it means to be a doctor, so yeah.
    That reminds me that in writing thesis we can join other senior groups which have projects/experiments running, thus decreasing the cost that we may need. I wonder if it's possible for your social projects as well.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Asclepius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: He Who Causes Happiness Whenever He Goes

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku
    I don't understand how did you know I like paintings but thank you very much , it's inspiring and wonderful. Where did you get this, anyway?
    Tumblr. A place to find yaio, puppies, kittens, bestialities,wabbits and landscape images.

Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

It really depends on which leagues we're talking about, though. The most popular soccer leagues like Italian Serie A, English Premier League or Spanish BBVA purposefully made their jerseys less complicated, for several reasons. While on the other hand, inferior leagues - Africans, Asians - are tend to be pretty complicated; they are sometimes filled with too many sponsors, they're using weird color combinations, etc. You can say that inferior leagues are less considerate about aesthetic factors in their uniforms..

That's a new information for me. So the football clubs do not get direct benefits from the kit contracts or do they? I did not even realize that different teams have different helmets.
    Ah, we'll I meant a design with aesthetics in mind. It makes sense for inferior leagues to plaster more logos on the shirt for money. I'm not even sure if all teams in MLS even have shirt sponsors. I know they started out not having it since it's a foreign concept to team sports here.

They have a revenue sharing system for merchandise sales across the league. It goes a long way to keep the less successful teams afloat. But as far as money going to individual teams, no. I believe they have companies sponsor their practice jerseys in some cases, but since that doesn't bring as much money for obvious reasons, there's no real point to it. Nike makes all uniforms.

For helmets, there are a few different companies that make them, and it seems to vary between teams. Some players have their own preferences, for obvious reasons - it's a pretty important piece of equipment

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

You with Gary or Nuno or both doesn't matter, as long as you admit that you're in a gay relationship with one of the reds

Dude, all blues have at least slept with one of the reds once don't think there's another way to the top my dear sir

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Dude, all blues have at least slept with one of the reds once don't think there's another way to the top my dear sir
    Tiff had a headache
    Kaiten had just eaten
    I was on my period

So no, you got in on your own merits

... 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Ever since being a red, you seems invincible lately
    According to what I've heard it's more like "I've been more of a douche".

The amount of sponsors shown on the jerseys have a direct relation to the club's income. More sponsors look conflicting too, so sponsors pay the large clubs extra to be the "only sponsor" visible on the shirt. It goes without saying that the jersey producers are exceptions. However in minor leagues such as e.g. the Norwegian top league, every team have their shirts (and shorts) filled with sponsors. Most teams have at least three sponsors in addition to the shirt producer on the shirt only. Since the clubs aren't big enough and don't play in a good enough league, it's more profitable to have many sponsors shown on the shirt than a single big one.

Tiff had a headache
    Kaiten had just eaten
    I was on my period

I know right

Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    I guess that's what it should be for me too. *shakes fist*
    Yeah, it's actually interesting despite all the hardship that may come with it. Seniors always say that it's at this stage that we actually learn what it means to be a doctor, so yeah.
    That reminds me that in writing thesis we can join other senior groups which have projects/experiments running, thus decreasing the cost that we may need. I wonder if it's possible for your social projects as well.
    Yeah, especially your profession. I mean, one of my best friends is a great doctor soon-to-be at your faculty, she's very smart ever since she was in high school, one day she said that being a doctor without being able to contribute to the society directly is pointless. I do not know whether it's her own idea or anything, but I really agree on what she said in this matter.

I do not think so.. a social project was made in order for us college students to assist the development of civilization in any parts of the country, but most of the time it's not related directly with our field, though. Obviously different case applied on your major.

Ah, we'll I meant a design with aesthetics in mind. It makes sense for inferior leagues to plaster more logos on the shirt for money. I'm not even sure if all teams in MLS even have shirt sponsors. I know they started out not having it since it's a foreign concept to team sports here.

They have a revenue sharing system for merchandise sales across the league. It goes a long way to keep the less successful teams afloat. But as far as money going to individual teams, no. I believe they have companies sponsor their practice jerseys in some cases, but since that doesn't bring as much money for obvious reasons, there's no real point to it. Nike makes all uniforms.

For helmets, there are a few different companies that make them, and it seems to vary between teams. Some players have their own preferences, for obvious reasons - it's a pretty important piece of equipment
    Oh I thought we're talking in general sense, but yeah, that was basically my point. Turkish league clubs sometimes have awkward color combinations as well, but they're less bizarre compared to the other Asian league, I think.

So it's a pretty complex system to divide the profits from jersey alone? but I guess that way is logical if the point is to keep less successful teams afloat. Financial power gaps has been an issue for quite some time in soccer, so probably the idea of revenue-sharing might not be so bad if it's applied in the soccer as well, even though I doubt that it will be accepted by big teams..

Then I think I do not want to become a blue Sleeping with Gary once when I bribed him to become a green was enough

Tiff had a headache
    Kaiten had just eaten
    I was on my period

Sex can cures headache;
    Calories after eating can be burned by having sex;
    Having period is not really an excuses;

So I doubt he got in on his own merits

Quote Originally Posted by 3c View Post
    According to what I've heard it's more like "I've been more of a douche".

The amount of sponsors shown on the jerseys have a direct relation to the club's income. More sponsors look conflicting too, so sponsors pay the large clubs extra to be the "only sponsor" visible on the shirt. It goes without saying that the jersey producers are exceptions. However in minor leagues such as e.g. the Norwegian top league, every team have their shirts (and shorts) filled with sponsors. Most teams have at least three sponsors in addition to the shirt producer on the shirt only. Since the clubs aren't big enough and don't play in a good enough league, it's more profitable to have many sponsors shown on the shirt than a single big one.
    I won't say they're right but since all reds are douche-ish (actually it's only Gary) in one way or another, I guess it's natural for having a-new-power syndrome and being a douche

Yeah, but that's make their jersey look awful , I know football is a business too, but the reason why I decided not to buy any Asian clubs jersey is mainly because most of them looks ugly. If they are trying to gain profits for merchandising business, at least they have to know how to appeal most of their fans by making cool looking jerseys.
    Last edited by Doraku; January 26, 2013 at 08:45 AM.

Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually you are mistaken, I've always been douchey.

That's actually an interesting point you bring up regarding cool shirts versus sale. Ugly shirts can indeed affect sales amount, however a fan would likely buy the shirt regardless as long as it doesn't look like an ugly smoothie, well, unless your club's name is FC Barcelona.

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Tiff had a headache
    Kaiten had just eaten
    I was on my period

but....

Then I think I do not want to become a blue Sleeping with Gary once when I bribed him to become a green was enough
    I don't really get the spoiler so let's drop it here I fear you will spoil me again if we continue this talk.

I feel you bro, it's a pretty.... furry experience

Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Who said you have any choice in the matter!

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh I thought we're talking in general sense, but yeah, that was basically my point. Turkish league clubs sometimes have awkward color combinations as well, but they're less bizarre compared to the other Asian league, I think.

So it's a pretty complex system to divide the profits from jersey alone? but I guess that way is logical if the point is to keep less successful teams afloat. Financial power gaps has been an issue for quite some time in soccer, so probably the idea of revenue-sharing might not be so bad if it's applied in the soccer as well, even though I doubt that it will be accepted by big teams..
    I don't really know anything of other Asian Leagues, aside from maybe the J League.

It seems clubs are run so much more independently than in sports here. So yeah, I seriously doubt that.

I won't say they're right but since all reds are douche-ish (actually it's only Gary) in one way or another, I guess it's natural for having a-new-power syndrome and being a douche
    How am I a douche?

Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

People who call others douches, are douches themselves!

Thread Closed
Page 23 of 134 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 73 123 ... LastLast