Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma
Thread Closed
Page 9 of 134 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 109 ... LastLast

Thread: Yes, yes. I believe you. If you say that is the case, then that must be the case.

Your best Friend 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dora is lost in the Amazon

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    NOOOOOOO!!!!!

moe is not equal with suggestive scenes . I think Akane's pouty face is cute though

and honestly I didn't realize the lesbian reference...
    -----------------------------------

I don't know if anyone of you watch EVA, but this made me squeal.

If you want I can ask gary to get it back, he did the same when Charlie accidentally edited a huge post of Nao

yes of course but I still believe it's funny that he's against moe but still uses the sexual hints, which is, in a sense, more grave. I guess he just wanted to say that this will be a rather dark show~

and did you see the new trailer I posted for EVA? I so can't wait to see the new movie

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm really interested in that picture.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

You did not watch Evangelion phio? OH MY GOD WATCH IT NOW

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Ahehehehehe~

Dorakun, nii-kun, should I start from the TV series Neon Genesis Evangelion or go straight to the movie? Based from here >> http://myanimelist.net/anime.php?q=evangelion

Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Liberia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Ahehehehehe~

Dorakun, nii-kun, should I start from the TV series Neon Genesis Evangelion or go straight to the movie? Based from here >> http://myanimelist.net/anime.php?q=evangelion
    I believe you should watch 'em all :

It goes without saying that the movies have better animation quality, but you should start from the start. If you're too lazy, just try Evangelion 1.0 and 2.0

-------------------

starting tomorrow I'm going to be on short hiatus again, please take care of this thread, guys

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Ahehehehehe~

Gary would tell you to start with the series but the I think you should just decide it after I give you a few facts:

1. The series is the original, highly praised (and mocked/criticized) for it's "eccentric" and special characters and it's psycho-drama. And with this I don't mean some mild drama but really, really extreme. The last two episodes are one of the biggest reasons which made this series so famous and there are those who liked it and those who didn't. For me it was a bit too much, maybe because I watched it in one go. It was disturbing really, probably an experience you never had with an anime so it's something worth watching for that alone but I am not sure if you will like it.

2. Then there is the "The End of Evangelion" movie, which retells these last two episodes from.... a different point of view. I can't say more because it would spoil you but yes, these last episodes were "discussed" so much that Gainax and the creator Hideaki Anno felt the need to make a movie about it.

3. The other movies, known under the name "The Rebuild of Evangelion" retell the story of the series and will bring a totally new conclusion. While the first movie is pretty much identical to the first episodes of the series, the second movie changes the whole storyline. For that you should know that Anno wanted to retell the story because now he had a nearly unlimited budget and time, while he was under serious pressure when he was creating the series (it is said that his depression may be the reason why the series turned out so dark and disturbing in the end).
    I think I don't need to tell you that the animation level is far, far above the one of the series but that's not what matters here, for me the changes were great and it felt like Anno really thought the story through this time. If I had to describe it I would say the currently released movies are less special but more coherent and entertaining + less dark, which doesn't mean that it still has it's fair share of drama

4. The third movie will be released next month and the last is supposed to follow not too long after. I can only judge the first two movies but from how the second movie turned out I have absolute faith in Gainax that the continuation will turn out epic.

5. Now if you start with the new movies you should know that the first one is good but nothing special, the second one is were the real deal starts.

6. If you start with the old series then be prepared for some hard stuff and watch "The End of Evangelion" afterwards. Things will make a lot more sense afterwards. Then you can go and watch the new movies. You can ignore the "Death & Rebirth" movie as it's pretty much just a recap of the old series and "The End of Evangelion".

(Order: Neon Genesis Evangelion ---> The End of Evangelion / --> Evangelion 1.0 --> Evangelion 2.0 --> 3rd/4th movie when they're released)

I think that's pretty much it, sorry for the long text~

8. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, thanks a lot, you two. Now you gave me more to think. I thought it would've been easy. -__-

Well, I'm basically a person who wants to try everything properly deep to the core. So I'm thinking to try the series from the very beginning, which is from the 26-TV-episodes. What made me hesitated was because there are already movies which "re-tell" the stories, so that makes me rather lazy to try it out from the start. I guess I will try to start slowly; this series is huge with all the movies. If the TV series didn't catch me that much maybe I'll switch directly to the movies?

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, thanks a lot, you two. Now you gave me more to think. I thought it would've been easy. -__-

Well, I'm basically a person who wants to try everything properly deep to the core. So I'm thinking to try the series from the very beginning, which is from the 26-TV-episodes. What made me hesitated was because there are already movies which "re-tell" the stories, so that makes me rather lazy to try it out from the start. I guess I will try to start slowly; this series is huge with all the movies. If the TV series didn't catch me that much maybe I'll switch directly to the movies?
    That's probably the best thing to do. Like I said the story differs from the second movie on (so I guess you should give the movies a try even if you don't like the series) but the series alone is a milestone of anime history so it's definitely worth a watch, even though I consider the new movies the real story of Evangelion.

If you drop the series though you can drop "The End of Evangelion" too, you won't understand anything if you haven't finished the series. In that case just go straight to "Evangelion 1.0: You are (not) alone".

Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Liberia
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm amazed by the fact you're an EVA tard too :

-------------------

I guess I'm going to be a Chuunibyou and Psycho-Pass tard this season. Both of them are amazing :

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    I'm amazed by the fact you're an EVA tard too :

-------------------

I guess I'm going to be a Chuunibyou and Psycho-Pass tard this season. Both of them are amazing :
    Of course, how can one not love great shows Evangelion is such a classic, I feel like everyone should at least check it out once.

You and Kaiten both say Chuunibyou's good so I guess I will give it a try and IIRC it's by the director who made the Suzumyia anime, so that's definitely a plus~

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to be (already, actually) a Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun nerd lately, I guess. The level of awesomeness is just .

Go give it a try, Dorakun~

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to be (already, actually) a Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun nerd lately, I guess. The level of awesomeness is just .

Go give it a try, Dorakun~
    YES YES YES YES YES!!!

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Since you went to my thread, I will try to contribute to yours too :-)

Here are some other names about French cinéma. Far from being exhaustive:

Classic directors:
    Bertrand Tavernier
    Claude Lelouch
    Claude Chabrol
    Jacques Tati
    Jacques Demy

Serious Directors :
    Patrice Chéreau
    Christophe Honoré
    Eric Rohmer

Semi-serious Directors :
    Bruno Podalydès
    Jean-Pierre Jeunet (I find that his first films with Caro are the best ones)
    Cédric Klapish
    Agnes Jaoui and Jean Pierre Bacri
    François Ozon
    Alain Resnais

Comedies
    Asterix et Cléopatre (forget about the others, this one is good because Alain Chabat made it)
    Intouchable
    Bienvenue chez les chti's
    and the ultimate classics :
    La cité de la peur
    Les bronzés font du ski
    Le Père-noël est une ordure
    Comedies with De Funès AND Bourvil

Animations:
    Le Roi et l'Oiseau
    Persépolis
    Kirikou et la Sorcière
    Le Chat du rabbin
    Les Triplettes de Belleville
    La Prophécie des grenouilles

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Most Beautiful Male 2013 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    Since you went to my thread, I will try to contribute to yours too :-)

Here are some other names about French cinéma. Far from being exhaustive:

Classic directors:
    Bertrand Tavernier
    Claude Lelouch
    Claude Chabrol
    Jacques Tati
    Jacques Demy

Serious Directors :
    Patrice Chéreau
    Christophe Honoré
    Eric Rohmer

Semi-serious Directors :
    Bruno Podalydès
    Jean-Pierre Jeunet (I find that his first films with Caro are the best ones)
    Cédric Klapish
    Agnes Jaoui and Jean Pierre Bacri
    François Ozon
    Alain Resnais

Comedies
    Asterix et Cléopatre (forget about the others, this one is good because Alain Chabat made it)
    Intouchable
    Bienvenue chez les chti's
    and the ultimate classics :
    La cité de la peur
    Les bronzés font du ski
    Le Père-noël est une ordure
    Comedies with De Funès AND Bourvil

Animations:
    Le Roi et l'Oiseau
    Persépolis
    Kirikou et la Sorcière
    Le Chat du rabbin
    Les Triplettes de Belleville
    La Prophécie des grenouilles
    Great list k-dom, a lot of the stuff on there I hadn't seen before. I still remember the first time I saw Kirikou; I must admit I had reservations about it being french animation but wow; such a great film and soundtrack as well .

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Kirikou is a little treasure I don't mind sharing. I'm happy you know about it
    French animation is one of the best when it wants (a lot of Disney animators are French) but there are only few productions per year. It's on a complete different scale than Japan.

Thread Closed
Page 9 of 134 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 109 ... LastLast