Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
Thread Closed
Page 12 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 ... LastLast

Thread: Yes, yes. I believe you. If you say that is the case, then that must be the case.

Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: All work and no play makes Dora a dull boy

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    I'm surprise you don't read Beelzebub niichan, it's really a fun serie to follow. Don't be fooled by the setting, the real one is : dumb protagonists meet other dumb protagonists :-) It's really easy humor (as always when stupid characters are involved) but it's quite nicely done and the author is an inventive troll.

And didn't Baccano ended normally ? I understand Durarara is not finished but if my memory serves me right that's not the case with Baccano...
    I can imagine but I'm not that much of a comedy reader and I need some serious motivation to start something I'm not really interested in I believe the only comedic series I'm reading atm is Sket Dance (and that I enjoy a lot) so what would you say? Is it better than Sket Dance or worse?

As far as I know there are more novels that haven't been animated yet? Did you watch the additional episodes? As far as it looked the story was far from finished.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    I hate shovel 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Wait. there are new posts in this graveyard

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    I see yeah I've heard about that, I really want to read it! Do you know which chapter the arc starts at?
    It begins in Chapter 240-249, I intentionally skippied all the chapters and started to read from RAWs because I couldn't wait . Sket Dance's major arcs normally begin in their anniversary of serialization, somehow.

And didn't Baccano ended normally ? I understand Durarara is not finished but if my memory serves me right that's not the case with Baccano...
    Baccano still has many novels left to be animated. The good thing is that the Anime is really well made, so maybe I can say that I'm not utterly disappointed.

4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Sket dance has become one of my favorite jump series so I can't honnestly say it's better but what I like in Beelzebub is that the balance of comedy and action is quite original. In gintama and sket dance you have the serious and gag arc really separated. In Beelzebub you never know, the mangaka can decide to end some serious action with some hilarious shit. Some may find it frustrating but I find it cool being able to escape the compulsury tropes of the genre.
    Beside One Piece, jump comedies are the only thing that catch my eyes recently (I wish we had more Psy chapter as it was a pleasant surprise) I found no interest in the last romance and the only other action I like is Toriko. Hungry joker first chapter was quite a disapointment.
    And I didn't really know about baccano. I don't follow Japanese novels and it has stayed as one great one run anime so I wasn't frustrated.

So, do you like Gokusen Doraku ? It was by chance that I advice that title because I just read it a few months ago. It's one of the classic teacher-delinquents stories but it's nicely done and having a female lead protagonist is refreshing

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I was planning to check 5cm/s after exam but I was way too tempted.

I have to say...

Spoiler show

Aside from that, the series is an awesome one in other aspects. I've been watching anime movies lately, and they all continue to amaze me with the quality. 5cm/s is simple but special, executed at the right time, sound included, graphics as well, dialogues, and whatever else there is to make the series awesome in its own way.

Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Sket dance has become one of my favorite jump series so I can't honnestly say it's better but what I like in Beelzebub is that the balance of comedy and action is quite original. In gintama and sket dance you have the serious and gag arc really separated. In Beelzebub you never know, the mangaka can decide to end some serious action with some hilarious shit. Some may find it frustrating but I find it cool being able to escape the compulsury tropes of the genre.
    Beside One Piece, jump comedies are the only thing that catch my eyes recently (I wish we had more Psy chapter as it was a pleasant surprise) I found no interest in the last romance and the only other action I like is Toriko. Hungry joker first chapter was quite a disapointment.
    And I didn't really know about baccano. I don't follow Japanese novels and it has stayed as one great one run anime so I wasn't frustrated.

So, do you like Gokusen Doraku ? It was by chance that I advice that title because I just read it a few months ago. It's one of the classic teacher-delinquents stories but it's nicely done and having a female lead protagonist is refreshing
    Beelzebub plot is going haphazardly after the end of the Akumano high arc. I agree that it's unique, but I prefer Sket Dance and Gintama way of story telling to be honest, and in that way, the serious arcs become more memorable. I have to say that Beelzebub dramatic moments are inferior compared to those two. I read Beelzebub only for laughs now .

Yeah, I'm hoping that PSI scans is getting faster too, I think PSI is well received by the readers, I cannot wait to know what happens next but I'm too lazy to read RAWs. Have you read the new series beside Hungry Joker? It's quite fun read.

Ah, I haven't read it yet, but at least now I'm finished catching up with Magi.

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    I was planning to check 5cm/s after exam but I was way too tempted.

I have to say...

Spoiler show

Aside from that, the series is an awesome one in other aspects. I've been watching anime movies lately, and they all continue to amaze me with the quality. 5cm/s is simple but special, executed at the right time, sound included, graphics as well, dialogues, and whatever else there is to make the series awesome in its own way.
    Hey the ending is..

Spoiler show

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    Wait. there are new posts in this graveyard
    I'm taking care of it

It begins in Chapter 240-249, I intentionally skippied all the chapters and started to read from RAWs because I couldn't wait . Sket Dance's major arcs normally begin in their anniversary of serialization, somehow.
    still 25 chapters? damns but thanks, I'm really looking forward to it. I really wish I could read japanese sometimes

Ah, I haven't read it yet, but at least now I'm finished catching up with Magi.
    Finally

Hey the ending is..

Spoiler show
    That realistic ending is one of the main points what made this movie so awesome and memorable in my opinion.

Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm taking care of it
    Thanks man *brotherly hug*

still 25 chapters? damns but thanks, I'm really looking forward to it. I really wish I could read japanese sometimes
    Reading a Shounen manga is easy, I think you can nail it in 1.5-2 years. It's a good hobby you know to learn a new language rather than masturbating

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

sub

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I know, it is indeed realistic. It's just sad, but that happens to us in a way or another. Because a little doubt things got broken and we regret it but we also move on. I just thought they could've at least meet once again, properly. They did "meet" each other, but not the kind of "meet" I was hoping for. XD

Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lawlett-kun View Post
    sub

Sup, Chicagoans.

Still difficult finding a girlfriend?

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    I know, it is indeed realistic. It's just sad, but that happens to us in a way or another. Because a little doubt things got broken and we regret it but we also move on. I just thought they could've at least meet once again, properly. They did "meet" each other, but not the kind of "meet" I was hoping for. XD
    I think there is more meaning than that, I'm going to write about that soon

Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Sup, Chicagoans.

Still difficult finding a girlfriend?

yes since with my looks alot of girls come at me at the same time, and since i am an xtremely kind person i cnt just pick between them so henceforth i am still single.... nanana pur a ring on it~

Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lawlett-kun View Post
    yes since with my looks alot of girls come at me at the same time, and since i am an xtremely kind person i cnt just pick between them so henceforth i am still single.... nanana pur a ring on it~
    What so you're popular?

What's your Uni, by the way?

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Someone is claiming me as his minion. Don't believe him.

Ooohh, rebellious minion, aren't you? What made you change your mind, you were happy with your title a while ago.

Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

What so you're popular?

What's your Uni, by the way?
    Well i am popular among asian girls! my Uni is hmmm Chicago University. What u study?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks man *brotherly hug*

Reading a Shounen manga is easy, I think you can nail it in 1.5-2 years. It's a good hobby you know to learn a new language rather than masturbating

wtf are you implying there?

Thread Closed
Page 12 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 ... LastLast