Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
Thread Closed
Page 52 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 ... LastLast
Results 766 to 780 of 2003

Thread: Yes, yes. I believe you. If you say that is the case, then that must be the case.

  1. #766
    Smiling Moe Hunter 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,005
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 黄金の輝き

    Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    Can't say. I don't eat pork for example, and I can't eat seafood. I also don't like vegetable when they are cooked, but I love salad. So yeah, can't say.
    You refrain yourself from eating pork and seafood due to allergic reason? I don't eat pork either I like salad and vegetables cooked or uncooked, but I prefer them fresh.

    Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    Indonesia

    Three years? Parted ways? those conflict it's each other

    I don't know much about Chicago U to be honest. I know of DePaul, Valparaiso, Northwestern, etc.
    lol now you know my English sucks. What I was trying to say is.. we decided to go different ways, I'm staying here, and she went to study in USA, but that doesn't mean we were breaking up.

    Just ask lawlett. I have heard about Northwestern, but one thing for sure I cannot go to DePaul, my parents would get mad at me because it's a catholic based school, if I'm not mistaken.

    ---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

    Did you go the university? If yes, which one?

  2. #767
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Piltover
    Country
    Pyke
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    44,686
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 黄金の輝き

    Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    lol now you know my English sucks. What I was trying to say is.. we decided to go different ways, I'm staying here, and she went to study in USA, but that doesn't mean we were breaking up.

    Just ask lawlett. I have heard about Northwestern, but one thing for sure I cannot go to DePaul, my parents would get mad at me because it's a catholic based school, if I'm not mistaken.

    ---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

    Did you go the university? If yes, which one?
    So it's been long distance for three years? Wow. Have you at least seen each other during that time?

    Lawlett doesn't go to school in Chicago, but it's nearby.

    Your parents would care? A lot of people here just go to religious unis because it's a good school, not because of it's religious affiliation.

    No, not yet technically. I plan to though within the next year or so.

  3. #768
    Smiling Moe Hunter 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,005
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 黄金の輝き

    Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    So it's been long distance for three years? Wow. Have you at least seen each other during that time?

    Lawlett doesn't go to school in Chicago, but it's nearby.

    Your parents would care? A lot of people here just go to religious unis because it's a good school, not because of it's religious affiliation.

    No, not yet technically. I plan to though within the next year or so.
    No, it's almost two years now. How should I put it.. I had been so close to her during high school and probably that's the reason why I was afraid that I was going to be friendzoned if I confess my feelings. After graduating, I haven't meet her for 1 year, and when I met her, I confessed. Glad that she's feeling the same way, so yeah, we're in a long distance relationship now. She came to my place last month, we're communicating through Skype quite often, and she come back twice a year, so I guess we don't mind about long distance relationship.

    Wut? he told me he went to Chicago U.

    Well, I'm raised in a pretty conservative-religious family (though to some extent my mother is pretty "liberal" for a Muslim). I don't know how it works in USA, but here normally religious affiliated college have some sort of.. mandatory religious activities for their students, so yeah.

    I see. Are you planning to go to John Hopkins?

  4. #769
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Piltover
    Country
    Pyke
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    44,686
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 黄金の輝き

    Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    No, it's almost two years now. How should I put it.. I had been so close to her during high school and probably that's the reason why I was afraid that I was going to be friendzoned if I confess my feelings. After graduating, I haven't meet her for 1 year, and when I met her, I confessed. Glad that she's feeling the same way, so yeah, we're in a long distance relationship now. She came to my place last month, we're communicating through Skype quite often, and she come back twice a year, so I guess we don't mind about long distance relationship.

    Wut? he told me he went to Chicago U.

    Well, I'm raised in a pretty conservative-religious family (though to some extent my mother is pretty "liberal" for a Muslim). I don't know how it works in USA, but here normally religious affiliated college have some sort of.. mandatory religious activities for their students, so yeah.

    I see. Are you planning to go to John Hopkins?
    Oh, wow. Well I hope that's going well.

    Did he? Maybe he transferred, I don't know. That wasn't the school I knew about though.

    I think religious high schools might be like that, but I'm not sure if all Colleges are like that. And if it's mandatory it might just be a credit or two of some sort of theology course.

    No, not planning on it but we'll see.

  5. #770
    Smiling Moe Hunter 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,005
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 黄金の輝き

    Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    Oh, wow. Well I hope that's going well.

    Did he? Maybe he transferred, I don't know. That wasn't the school I knew about though.

    I think religious high schools might be like that, but I'm not sure if all Colleges are like that. And if it's mandatory it might just be a credit or two of some sort of theology course.

    No, not planning on it but we'll see.
    Uh yeah, many believe that long distance relationship is unstable, but I don't know, we're grateful that we're fine until now.

    Probably, but still, knowing that it's catholic based is more than enough to make both of my parents become paranoid.

  6. #771
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Piltover
    Country
    Pyke
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    44,686
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 黄金の輝き

    Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    Uh yeah, many believe that long distance relationship is unstable, but I don't know, we're grateful that we're fine until now.

    Probably, but still, knowing that it's catholic based is more than enough to make both of my parents become paranoid.
    Yeah, I guess most people are skeptical about that kind of thing.

    Well, it's not like these schools aren't accredited, so it's not like any indoctrination goes on or anything.

  7. #772
    Smiling Moe Hunter 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,005
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 黄金の輝き

    Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    Yeah, I guess most people are skeptical about that kind of thing.

    Well, it's not like these schools aren't accredited, so it's not like any indoctrination goes on or anything.
    It's been two years, probably I can consider that as an achievement. Have you ever been into long distance relationship? It seems you're skeptical too.

    Perhaps that's true, but my persuading ability is not suffice to convince my parents. By the way it's quite funny that private universities in USA are usually better than public ones. It's kind of inverse here.

  8. #773
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Piltover
    Country
    Pyke
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    44,686
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 黄金の輝き

    Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    It's been two years, probably I can consider that as an achievement. Have you ever been into long distance relationship? It seems you're skeptical too.

    Perhaps that's true, but my persuading ability is not suffice to convince my parents. By the way it's quite funny that private universities in USA are usually better than public ones. It's kind of inverse here.
    One that's technically an LDR where you're committed and everything? Not technically I guess. I'm less skeptical than you think, I was just stating a fact in how it's seen by people. Though, with the Internet and everything that attitude isn't as severe as it used to be.

    I doubt it would be something you'd even be confronted with, but if you had a full scholarship I bet you could convince them

    Yeah, I've heard the same thing from people in other countries actually. There's some more prestige and in general maybe you can say that private colleges are better, but there's a bunch of public schools that are regarded really highly. They call them "Public Ivy" in fact. The only thing you can really guarantee is that private ones are a lot more expensive.

  9. #774
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    My Castle
    Country
    Winterfell
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,288
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 黄金の輝き

    Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    You refrain yourself from eating pork and seafood due to allergic reason? I don't eat pork either I like salad and vegetables cooked or uncooked, but I prefer them fresh.
    I don't eat pork because I just don't like it. I don't eat seafood because, yeah, I'm allergic to it. For some reasons, I just don't like cooked vegetable.

  10. #775
    Smiling Moe Hunter 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,005
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 黄金の輝き

    Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    One that's technically an LDR where you're committed and everything? Not technically I guess. I'm less skeptical than you think, I was just stating a fact in how it's seen by people. Though, with the Internet and everything that attitude isn't as severe as it used to be.

    I doubt it would be something you'd even be confronted with, but if you had a full scholarship I bet you could convince them

    Yeah, I've heard the same thing from people in other countries actually. There's some more prestige and in general maybe you can say that private colleges are better, but there's a bunch of public schools that are regarded really highly. They call them "Public Ivy" in fact. The only thing you can really guarantee is that private ones are a lot more expensive.
    Ah yes, I kind of understand that why most people are seemingly a little bit paranoid when it comes into LDR. I have a friend who broke up after 7 years of relationship because she couldn't cope with separation. It's a tough and rare thing - a stable LDR, I guess.

    Possibly. Well, I still have one year left to graduate, and I'm planning to seek for a decent job first.

    That's why so many Americans entrapped by student debts? Kind of saddening, actually.


    Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    I don't eat pork because I just don't like it. I don't eat seafood because, yeah, I'm allergic to it. For some reasons, I just don't like cooked vegetable.
    So what do you eat on daily basis? besides cake, of course.

  11. #776
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Piltover
    Country
    Pyke
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    44,686
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 黄金の輝き

    Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    That's why so many Americans entrapped by student debts? Kind of saddening, actually.
    Seemingly, yes. No one cares about education as much as it should matter. They run them like businesses instead of learning institutions a lot of the time.

  12. #777
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    My Castle
    Country
    Winterfell
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,288
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 黄金の輝き

    Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    So what do you eat on daily basis? besides cake, of course.
    For meat, I usually eat chicken, though I can eat meatballs, sausages and ham. I mostly eat rice, though sometimes I'm too lazy and eat instant noodles or bread instead. For vegetables, I like fresh cabbage and lettuce.

  13. #778
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 黄金の輝き

    Isn't sausage and ham pork ? Well I guess one can make some with other animals but I always find them less tasty. That's what I like about pork, the big diversity of dishes you can make with it.

  14. #779
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted phio_chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    21
    Posts
    8,535
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 黄金の輝き

    yuki is very picky about food. If she can live with tea only she'd probably only drink that only, lol.

  15. #780
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    My Castle
    Country
    Winterfell
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,288
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 黄金の輝き

    Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    Isn't sausage and ham pork ? Well I guess one can make some with other animals but I always find them less tasty. That's what I like about pork, the big diversity of dishes you can make with it.
    Nope. I eat the beef ones.

    ---------- Post added at 09:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    yuki is very picky about food. If she can live with tea only she'd probably only drink that only, lol.
    Hey, I still like fresh water! And milk!

Thread Closed
Page 52 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts