Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 17 of 134 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 117 ... LastLast

Thread: Yes, yes. I believe you. If you say that is the case, then that must be the case.

Last Breath 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Someone is claiming me as his minion. He's telling the truth!

RISE!

So, I'm going to make this my new Gintama spam ground. In return feel free to spam my thread.

Just watched ep 171, lol. The one where Yorozuya start losing their hair, priceless episode with the Krillin references etc.
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

Kya~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm really bad at managing my own thread

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    My holiday is around January as well, maybe only 2-3 weeks, before starting another rough semester on February. Only a day break for Christmas and New Year. I'm so gonna dieeee~

Poor Dorakun When's your birthday?
    Same as mine, I only have three weeks holiday before I started another rough 6th semester this February. I heard UI Med school students are suppose to go clinic by next semester, no? good luck with that.

My birthday is already ended around two weeks ago, too late

Quote Originally Posted by 3c View Post
    RISE!

So, I'm going to make this my new Gintama spam ground. In return feel free to spam my thread.

Just watched ep 171, lol. The one where Yorozuya start losing their hair, priceless episode with the Krillin references etc.
    Gintama BFF!

The next big arc related to Yoshiwara is coming, probably my third favorite Arc in Gintama so far. Actually that episode was really hilarious, but since Gintama is often make references to Dragon Ball so yeah

How did you discover/decided to watch Gintama anyway?

Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

I discovered Gintama by being forced by a good friend of mine, Xiraiya long ago. We used to chat a lot back in the day and he was talking about it so much that I was forced to watch it in the end. He showed me clips and a superb AMV of the Benizakura arc all the time, which hyped me.

I rediscovered it, well, by being reminded of it and for lack of other things to do. I was already in an anime mood after having watched SAO (and dropped it), Sakamichi no Apollon and S;G, and decided to continue Gintama. I always thought it was epic, but took a break after 70 episodes (I thought I had watched more). I had fallen in the "It's so much to watch" cycle that so many whine about, but when I decided to just watch it super casual it was no sweat.

Haha yeah, Gintama references regarding Yamcha are always hilarious. "OH NO I'M TURNING INTO A USELESS SECONDARY CHARACTER! I'M YAMCHA!!!", fucking lol.
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmmmm

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah I remembered that AMV which made me try out Gintama. Zel posted it some month ago and it looked pretty damn great. Damn, I think that's what I needed to get hyped again.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Dude, that AMV is SO full of spoilers! It contains a lot of the most epic scenes from the entire anime

There's even clips I haven't seen yet. I'm not sure I want to finish it, lol.

I have a pretty good one too, which made me hyped back in the day, but it contains major spoilers from one of the best arcs (even though it happens "early", it seen a lot in that AMV too). The whole AMV is made from just that arc.
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Dude, that AMV is SO full of spoilers! It contains a lot of the most epic scenes from the entire anime

There's even clips I haven't seen yet. I'm not sure I want to finish it, lol.

I have a pretty good one too, which made me hyped back in the day, but it contains major spoilers from one of the best arcs (even though it happens "early", it seen a lot in that AMV too). The whole AMV is made from just that arc.
    Haha doesn't matter, not like I got much. Scenes look pretty good and I don't know most of the shown characters. That's the reason why I only watched it once and wasn't paying too much attention when it wasn't about fighting, probably will forget the faces before I see them in the anime. It's another thing when you know them though, so I guess it's better if you're not watching until the end.

Benizakura huh? Heard a lot about it, saw that it got a remake too. IIRC it should start somewhere in the fifties so that's the arc I'm placing my hopes on (which will really convince me to continue until the end).

Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

It starts at episode 58.

I personally got rather hyped after watching it

I can't really say anything without spoiling the plot.
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

It starts at episode 58.

I personally got rather hyped after watching it

I can't really say anything without spoiling the plot.
    Did you watch the remake? I actually thought about just watching the remake when I reach that episode but maybe I should watch both? Dunno

That's okay, I will try Gintama again so you've reached your goal

Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Nah, I watched the episodes. The remake is a movie. When I watched those early episodes the movie had just been released. Maybe I should get a hold of it and watch it. But the episodes are really good, don't worry. It was remade purely for fanservice and milking purposes, not because the episodes were lacking.
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Nah, I watched the episodes. The remake is a movie. When I watched those early episodes the movie had just been released. Maybe I should get a hold of it and watch it. But the episodes are really good, don't worry. It was remade purely for fanservice and milking purposes, not because the episodes were lacking.
    Will probably just go with the episodes then and watch the movie later when I've finished the first season or so. IF I finish it I really hope that I will enjoy Gintama as much as you do but I guess Gintama doesn't has such a ridiculous rating on MAL for nothing.

Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

It's so hard to judge anime IMO, when they're different genres and especially have different lengths. I guess Gintama's strong point is that it doesn't really have weak episodes. Episodes are rarely just "OK", although some of course are. You have to take into consideration how many voted too. The top ranked Gintama has 30k something raters, while other series have 100-200k. Being up there is much more impressive with such a number. That's not to say Gintama shouldn't be high up, as the top ratings do speak for themselves. It's a superb show both when it's serious, as well as not. Another awesome factor is that the animation never dips in quality. It's constantly good for a long running show, and becomes great when there's serious fights. The music is great, characters are amazing and voice acting is superb.
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

All these posts makes me think I shall resume the manga. I left it at the shogun arc and from what I have heard it's a good serious one.

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    I'm really bad at managing my own thread
    Looks like you're busy lately, eh? You didn't seem to post around a lot... Not that I did. /runs

Same as mine, I only have three weeks holiday before I started another rough 6th semester this February. I heard UI Med school students are suppose to go clinic by next semester, no? good luck with that.
    I see, we're in the same semester, lol. Well, for us med students 6th semester is the last pre-clinical semester, so yes, doctor-assistant is what I'm gonna be from 7th semester. Thanks, really need that, as I feel it's going to be fearsome, lol.

What's up with your uni lately? Since it's around 3rd year as well, will you have some kind of field practice soon?

My birthday is already ended around two weeks ago, too late
    Stop being so anonymous in birthday. No one's gonna throw flour at you here.

Kya~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

I discovered Gintama by being forced by a good friend of mine, Xiraiya long ago. We used to chat a lot back in the day and he was talking about it so much that I was forced to watch it in the end. He showed me clips and a superb AMV of the Benizakura arc all the time, which hyped me.

I rediscovered it, well, by being reminded of it and for lack of other things to do. I was already in an anime mood after having watched SAO (and dropped it), Sakamichi no Apollon and S;G, and decided to continue Gintama. I always thought it was epic, but took a break after 70 episodes (I thought I had watched more). I had fallen in the "It's so much to watch" cycle that so many whine about, but when I decided to just watch it super casual it was no sweat.

Haha yeah, Gintama references regarding Yamcha are always hilarious. "OH NO I'M TURNING INTO A USELESS SECONDARY CHARACTER! I'M YAMCHA!!!", fucking lol.
    I think it's pretty unique that someone knows Gintama from an AMV. As for myself, I was simply curious 2 years ago why Gintama has been existing for a long time in JUMP. I mean, we know JUMP is a very competitive magazine, unless you're a legend like Kochikame, 300+ chapters can be considered as a huge achievement. So yeah, I keep going through all the bullshit without knowing about Benizakura but I have no regrets.

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    Hmmmmm

What an eloquent post. Here's your reward:

Spoiler show

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Benizakura huh? Heard a lot about it, saw that it got a remake too. IIRC it should start somewhere in the fifties so that's the arc I'm placing my hopes on (which will really convince me to continue until the end).
    The remake is probably the biggest scam ever pulled by Warner Bros studio to milk Gintama , there is no significant change, they add some scenes here and there, and probably new opening and ED as well, but nothing more. If you want to try Gintama serious arc, just watch the movie. It saves your time.

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    All these posts makes me think I shall resume the manga. I left it at the shogun arc and from what I have heard it's a good serious one.
    Where did you leave it? the "Courtesan of a Nation"? It was simply the best serious arc in Gintama so far, and coincidentally the longest one too. There are two serious arcs after that Shogun arc, but.. I'm not really into them, since I already set my expectation a little bit too high. I guess it is true that it would be better to read Gintama in bulk though, rather than read it as a weekly series.

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Looks like you're busy lately, eh? You didn't seem to post around a lot... Not that I did. /runs

I see, we're in the same semester, lol. Well, for us med students 6th semester is the last pre-clinical semester, so yes, doctor-assistant is what I'm gonna be from 7th semester. Thanks, really need that, as I feel it's going to be fearsome, lol.

What's up with your uni lately? Since it's around 3rd year as well, will you have some kind of field practice soon?

Stop being so anonymous in birthday. No one's gonna throw flour at you here.
    I'm busy and the internet connection has been crappy lately, since the flood came. I did not use a broadband modem either, so yeah, I guess I won't be around as much as usual until I come back to college.

I think I already told you we're in the same semester , ah good luck with that, some of your friends told me that they're going to be really busy next semester.

I'm going to have a mandatory social project.. or widely known as KKN in my 6th semester, and I have to go through one more internship program before I could graduate by 2014.. hopefully.

Please, I already throw my birthday date somewhere in this forum, I do not hide anything.

Thread Closed
Page 17 of 134 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 117 ... LastLast