Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: DGM Chapter 214 Discussion

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DGM Chapter 214 Spoiler Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MSofAofCOCA View Post
    Thanks tgirl!

""Tiiiiiim." "Tell me about Allen.""

Neah, are you whining?

If Neah did in fact hurt Johnny b/c he thought he was an Akuma, he's going to have a tough time explaining himself to Kanda (and possibly Link).
    No prob. ^_^

There could be other reasons for him hurting Johnny like that....

1) This kind of relates to the Akuma reason but if he didn't think of Johnny like that... He mainly did that as a self-defense reaction to Johnny regardless of what Johnny is. We all can see that he "tricked" Johnny into thinking he was Allen. Since he "woke up" in an unknown environment, he really isn't sure about all the people that Allen has met when he existed.

2) Nea is dizzy so he's disoriented and can't think straight. So, just to be certain of his environment, he had to slam Johnny against the wall.

3) I can imagine that Nea is sort of the "opposite" of Mana so he should be speaking with informal Japanese and acts closer to how Allen was when he was Red in the circus minus the "I don't need friends" outlook. (See, this is why I think they could be two sides of the same person.... Their personalities are pretty close.)

I really feel like I want to face-palm on Nea's action because he just attacked someone, who has no magical capabilities of fighting back. (Just scientific ones.)

The 2ch posters are reacting similar to us so glad we're all on the same page. Someone wonders "why attack Johnny?" Other people are talking about how Nea handled or could've handled hurting Johnny. Hmm... We'll see what truly happens and how hard the act of unnecessary violence is in the raws...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jaymie's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know what to think about the chapter. It sounds like one of those chapters that makes much more sense once you have the images to accompany the text.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Niko_kun's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

can somebody post the 2ch dgm thread to me pleaseeeeee?
    visit my brazilian D.Gray-man fan site. - www.dgraybr.blogspot.com

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^ As you wish, it's here. (Scroll almost all the way down.)

I'm looking through Baidu and it's funny. Someone actually drew a fan manga predicting an event similar to this: here. Well, I can't read it, but I can only speculate that it ends on a creepy note. o__o;

Edit: After re-reading the script for the thousandth time, I guess the "accident" that Nea was referring to is Allen's scar (because he is looking at himself in the mirror). Nothing to do with Johnny. I can understand if he slammed Johnny against the wall for being "noisy". That would've been the fourth possibility on my list.

.... Nea,... Johnny's being Johnny... >__< He cares.. You don't understand.. This is just....sad...
    Last edited by tgirl; June 01, 2012 at 10:34 PM.

5. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Iran
    Post Thanks / Like

may be the accident Nea is talking about is that his host is not the one he predicted it would be.

Country
    Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

My friend said that Nea was just so affraid of injection that he went a little too far. (he has unlimited imagination so nevermind)
    The "accident" he was talking about may be the curse in Allen's face. I still think it could relate to the missing time between Allen's Noah memory transfer and his birth.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bloomerwedgies's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^ I kinda thought that, too. He's looking in the mirror, like, "the hell is this??"
    And he seems to be pretty unimpressed with the body he's inhabiting now. *laugh*

Someone on 2ch refers to Nea as a "hoodlum". Which made me laugh. Reeeeally hard.
    Maybe his smacking up of Johnny is a case of not being used to his new body, and also really not giving a damn. And he is a Noah, after all. Jovial as some of them are, they're still pretty murderous.

Johnny: Welcome back, Allen!! *hugs*
    Nea:*smashes*
    Johnny: *is abruptly pwnd*
    Nea: Whatevs

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Asclepius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Now that you talk about it...
    What if the hand on the head was the innocence one and suddenly he activated it?
    You know, that hand gets really big when activated.

Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

MH's Most Beautiful Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Naomidee's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm very interested to see if the Innocence is still able to be activated when Neah is awake. I wouldn't imagine that it's synchronized with him, but then again the Crown Clown Innocence seems to have a history with The Earl.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member verduister's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think the "accident" refers to Johnny either. I guess we'll just have to wait for scans

Quote Originally Posted by tgirl View Post
    I see. So こと can be simply disregarded when it comes to pronouns. You're really a big help. ^_^ Thanks! I've learned so much in just a short time with a lot of the 日本語 grammar that I haven't reached yet. You've given me a good head start for my next semester.
    You're welcome There are always some grammatical constructions that don't get included in books. This site can come in handy too. Just type a Japanese (or English) word or part of a sentence and you'll get a lot of example sentences.

Quote Originally Posted by tgirl View Post
    I think it's more like...

Nea: "....."
    Tim flies over and catches a dizzy Nea using his body.
    Nea: "Thanks. Looks like there was an accident...."
    Nea: "Well, it's a long project. These things happen." (You don't say, Nea... =.= You injured Johnny! Apologize when he wakes up!!)
    Nea looks at Tim: "Alright then, what's the situation?"
    Tim doesn't say anything.
    Nea wants to hear something: "Tiiiiiim." "Tell me about Allen."

That's how I picture this set up to be like.
    Where are you getting the "Tim flies over and catches Nea" part from, though? I don't see it written anywhere in the Japanese text.
    Last edited by verduister; June 02, 2012 at 12:46 AM. Reason: typos

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

well I belive the "accident" has been about all those scars on allens body... that it should be weak in combat.... and the "things happen" might be about the feather innocence in his stomach and from them he felt dizzy and fell

and it looks like Timcanmpy is not all that happy to see neah again... like his kind friend allen disappeared suddently and its all neah's fault ;/ sad.... but I guess allen will be somewhere inside deep dowm and will jump out in a time to stop neah's actions... it would be interesting if the innocence inside protected allen's existance

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member relory's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

^ Yeah, I think the "accident" could be about pretty much all of Allen's scars xD Or more specifically, the scar on his stomach (since it's that one which appearantly causes his dizziness.. plus being "awakened" I guess)

I'm not at all surprised he attacked Johnny. It's seems very.. Noah-like? xD (Wisely killed the 2 cops who tried to "help" him, Skin made the priest into an AKUMA and ordered the death of everyone who knew him). I actually think Johnny got the better treat this time ... granted that he survived As much as I like Johnny, I laughed so much when he was hit by "Allen" I can imagine Nea being annoyed by his chattering x'D

Nea seems.. young? Just from his speech ("Eh~~~", "Tiiiiim"), he reminded me a little of Road, actually xD Maybe they really fit each other! x3 I'm really interested, I wonder if *this* Nea is different from the Nea in Allen's counciousness (sp?). But this Nea fits my theory that Nea is the "wilder"(?) of the brothers, and I like that his personality seems to be pretty "easy-going", like the other Noah

What was that about Mana!! I won't speculate on that before we see the actual chapter xD Omfg, although this chapter seems short, it's so awesome!! I can't even

EDIT:: Okay, so I started speculating on Mana anyway x'D seems that this time, Mana and Mama were only tricking Nea in that flashback? And that's why Nea/Allen said "You're so mean"... but even if his family is a trickster-family (lol), isn't it kind of terrible to joke about stuff like death(or coma or whatever? D: )? O.o Or was it only a happy ending dream or something? Because to me it seems that Nea notices his mom's dark-circled eyes, meaning she's sad/tired... Maybe half of it was a memory and the end was a dream..? O.o ugh, only pics will tell xDD I'm gonna stop now!! yeah, like that will happen xD
    Last edited by relory; June 02, 2012 at 04:15 AM.

16. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

but damn... what is going on this month... no raws from any manga so far ;/ even TLR which appeared first from all series.... this month is extra hard as DGM is there...

hmmm I was wondering what if the neah awakening is just starting... it was a dream of neah beign a young small kid... and now he kinda reminds of a small kid "tiiiiiim".... next he will have the growth to teenager and adult (this big earl like figure) time will tell I guess but still johnny got paid for his annoyance

yet I wonder what will Road do... neah kinda took over allen... allen status is unknown... and she does love allen... what will be her reaction to hear that allen is gone ;/ (maybe road is a reincartnation of that "mother" or this mother person is the real form of road who migh fell into a coma and is using her powers to manifest in real world)

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member relory's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

^ It will be out every second now, I'm sure!!

Bloomerwedgies; LOL, "Hoodlum". I love that Also, those who describe his dizziness as "morning-hangover" as he walks to the toilet xD

Now Nea adds to the mystery that Allen really was a random "choice" for host... he didn't excactly seem "pleased" that his host has lots of scars and white hair but then it's really strange that Allen was born with that arm... hmm... my brain needs to wake up.. ._.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow thats alot of progress at one go! all this spoilers are getting me all pumped up!
    I'm so thankful to hoshino sensei for finally getting to nea's awakening! Cant wait for everything thats gonna come after!
    Do anyone knows when the scans will come out?

New Reply
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast