Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Breaker : New Waves 67 Discussion

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Breaker : New Waves 67 Discussion / 68 Predictions

Elder Kwon, what an BADASS!
    BAAADAAAAS!
    I love you

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity NAM61's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Elder Kwon is a bad man he will show the troll face who the elders clan is and why they are not to be taken lightly but i am surprise the other elder got blocked so easy. i think the fight will be interesting and troll face will escape somehow.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GOOMOONRYONG's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well so much for me thinking this guy could stand up to Kwon oh well. Loved how cocky dude was shitting his pants at the end of the chapter, thank you Kwon for giving him an open chest.

I want to know why people don't know who Kwon is, I mean seriously hasn't this guy heard of Kwon? He is one of the ten masters of the Murium, I would think he was a well known figure. Guess cocky dude figured he could scare Kwon by name dropping MAA and stop him from fighting. Old guys like Kwon will not be scared of some young punk, which is grrreat.
    Last edited by GOOMOONRYONG; April 14, 2012 at 11:12 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member WEERG's Avatar
    Country
    Scotland
    Post Thanks / Like

The Elder is badass the fear in mr smugs face at the end was priceless.
    Last edited by WEERG; April 14, 2012 at 11:52 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It was definitely an awesome chapter. You just have to respect how the author can have you go from reviling a character in earlier chapters to loving him in the latest ones.

While the other elders may not have understood what was happening Elder Kwon picked up on it right away. Kwon already must suspect that the connection between the Sunwoo and Shioon could only come from the SUC. You'll notice on page 16 that Kwon has a "knowing" reaction to Troll face's inquiry about whether the Sunwoo Clan were behind recent events. Basically Troll face was attempting to associate the Sunwoo Clan with the SUC through their then secret relationship with Shioon.

Elder Kwon expertly resolved that dilemma by acknowledging Shioon, not the disciple of the Nine Arts Dragon, but the former disciple of the Nine Arts Dragon as the clan's newest Gaju Nim.

To top it all off he's also taking advantage of the situation by using them to announce to all of Murim and Sunwoo's own branch clans that the Sunwoo Clan ain't nothing to f*ck with is on the move, has begun to consolidate. In truth they probably couldn't have asked for a better rallying point then this. Having the "Strongest Second in Command" announce to all of Murim that Shioon is the new Head and at the same time dealing a little payback to the two factions responsible for the clan's previous demise.
    Last edited by 4ghost; April 14, 2012 at 12:32 PM.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Elder Kwon from terrible enemy to reliable ally. Just think one day Shioon's going to get to call him grampa.

I hope he does turn this cocky obnoxious guy into a stain on the lobby's tile floor. There are entirely too many of that architype floating around.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NAM61 View Post
    Elder Kwon is a bad man he will show the troll face who the elders clan is and why they are not to be taken lightly but i am surprise the other elder got blocked so easy. i think the fight will be interesting and troll face will escape somehow.
    Well we have to consider that Elder Jang is that type of guy. He's the reckless type you can say I wasn't surprised seeing him snap at that dude's remark and. After all that was what he was aiming by coming to the Sunwoo HQ and saying those provocative words. The Sunwoo clan should feel greatful for having someone as Kwon leading them even if it's from shadows or as a 2nd in comand 'cause that guy knows what he's doing.
    About him stopping Elder's kick it's true it was kinda unexpected but well i guess the elder didn't take him seriously at least that's my opinion . Don't think if the elder got serious that dude would stand a chance

Anyway with this chapter Elder Kwon completely gained my appreciation. I can't wait to see with what he'll surprise us in the following chapters.
    Last edited by matzik1212; April 14, 2012 at 01:31 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member S-H-I-G-U-R-E's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Elder Kwon is the be(a)st! About Shioon's reaction, I think he will soon convince himself that "he has to bring his master back", meaning that he'll be planning to bring GMR back to his senses. Shiho's revival (I'm sure she'll be brought back, somehow) will surely play a major role in bringing GMR back to his senses, eventually. I can only think about a happy ending for The Breaker series, so I'm betting on that!

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I think GMR is talking about going back to Seoul and look for worthy opponent i think that is meant for Shioon someone s saw that webpage (smug face) and that's how SUC is founded and SUC think that if they recruit worthy murim GMR will go to Seoul

and i think that smug face is claiming that SUC is from Sunwoo and i think if the smug face survived he will tell to the MMA that SUC that destroying the balance of Murim world is from Sunwoo
    Last edited by kidopitz27; April 14, 2012 at 11:25 PM.

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Bludvein's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That would be pretty daring even for smug-face. Besides, no way would such a falsehood fly without some serious fabrication. Too many witnesses in Shioon's favor, including the old lady elder. Though it might be used as a pretense to rally around by the people who hate 9AD. After all, if Shioon is part of the murim now he is fair game for his master's enemies. Rough times ahead, but if they pull out of it the Sunwoo clan will be on its way back to being a serious power-holder, and it will simultaneously weaken Chundomoon.

All that assumes that smug-face is even able to escape. Kwon seems like he wants to send him out in a bodybag at the moment.
    Last edited by Bludvein; April 15, 2012 at 12:34 AM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Asvin's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by S-H-I-G-U-R-E View Post
    Elder Kwon is the be(a)st! About Shioon's reaction, I think he will soon convince himself that "he has to bring his master back", meaning that he'll be planning to bring GMR back to his senses. Shiho's revival (I'm sure she'll be brought back, somehow) will surely play a major role in bringing GMR back to his senses, eventually. I can only think about a happy ending for The Breaker series, so I'm betting on that!
    See, that part I don't understand. (it's like Sasuke in Naruto) What 'senses' are there to bring him back to? The guy we met in Part I was the illusion, the 'What if... ?' alternate person, this guy -- maybe a bit over the top -- is the real deal. I can understand if people want the calm and easy-going GMR back but to say that what we're seeing now is some how not his real self... You have to break that down for me.
    "All the good women are married, all the handsome men are gay."

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asvin View Post
    See, that part I don't understand. (it's like Sasuke in Naruto) What 'senses' are there to bring him back to? The guy we met in Part I was the illusion, the 'What if... ?' alternate person, this guy -- maybe a bit over the top -- is the real deal. I can understand if people want the calm and easy-going GMR back but to say that what we're seeing now is some how not his real self... You have to break that down for me.
    Actually i think it's the exact opposite . From how i see it i think the 9AD we saw in part 1 was the real him . And he showed us his real personality in his interaction with Shioon . I mean sorry but if he was indeed that kind of guy from the start i doubt just a few months spent with Shioon would have changed him so much . He was a good guy from the start it's just that the circumstances made him the cruel guy he is right now .

Let's see . 1st he lost his master , the guy who changed him and made him something . 2nd he lost Shiho , the only woman he truly loved and the woman who sacrificed herself for him , following him even though the situation was pretty screwed up . And finally the 3rd reason was losing Shioon as his disciple . The guy did all that with a great pain in his heart even though he played a cheap act after destroying Shioon's Ki center . Just a look at his pained expression and it was enough to understand he really treasured Shioon from the bottom of his heart and will forever regret destroying the chances of a truly talented boy.

I don't know what might happen in the future but i personally think in the end Shioon will save him from himself so to say . He has that gift and even though he might have to throw a few punches to wake him up he'll do that 'cause Shioon truly respects 9AD . I felt really bad that he had to see that video

16. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity NAM61's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i think shwoon will help 9ad change but this will happen with the help of a revived shiho

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member nanoclarkology's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think GMR will take his own life realizing how flawd he is and he won't want to live in the world any longer. I would be really excited if everyone dies and the Murim world was at peace.

Shioons child (don't care about the mother since that is still debatable) Could be the next black heaven school master.

This chapter was awesome, stupendous, astronomical, eg etc, Kwon owned. It bugs me that smug face will escape. Kwon would give GMR a good challenge. But for some reason that fellow GMR calls master bugs me. What does he know about GMR? Why does GMR defer to him? It just bugs me.
    Last edited by nanoclarkology; April 15, 2012 at 04:22 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Just one thing Elder Kwon is the legend!!!! when i read it i almost jump out of my window on tenth floor from excitment "Who gave you permission to go back as you please" and then BAM i mean how awesome it can be!!! the drawings where great and the lines coudnt be better definetly the best ch so far in the new wawe and just one more thing when you all talk that 9AD is the evil guy and that he was just pretending in the first part i dont think so actually i think opposite and that he became the way he is now with circumstances that cost him the only thing he hold dear to him and that is his lovely one and his disciple who he trained and to save that disciple he came BACK and fought entire MAA alone and would the EVIL 9AD willingly risked his life to save a guy who he knows 2 months i dont think so

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast