Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: The Breaker : New Waves 67 Discussion

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Breaker : New Waves 67 Discussion / 68 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Asvin View Post
    See, that part I don't understand. (it's like Sasuke in Naruto) What 'senses' are there to bring him back to? The guy we met in Part I was the illusion, the 'What if... ?' alternate person, this guy -- maybe a bit over the top -- is the real deal. I can understand if people want the calm and easy-going GMR back but to say that what we're seeing now is some how not his real self... You have to break that down for me.
    Like Matzik said, the 9AD as a young man was somebody with ideals, somebody who thought he could change the murim for the better through fair means. When the Martial Alliance destroyed that ideal and made his master kill himself in front of him, he decided that fighting fair will never accomplish anything. Shioon almost brought 9AD back from that dark place until they killed Shiho in front of him and pushed him even farther than he was before.

Right now, Shioon has to make a choice to stop his master whatever it takes, that's the internal conflict raging inside Shioon right now.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member nanoclarkology's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Something has got to give inside Shioon. I mean keeping what he is inside will make people explode. Shioon is a ticking tme bomb. Another point is if Shioon was training hard before just to have a fair fight with Hyuk so chun. If Shioon comes to the decision to bring Vader, oh I mean GMR, back from the dark side. Then Shioon is going to have to train that much harder.

I smell a ki center returning soon.

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

I know it would sound crazy but I really wanted the video being somehow rigged or 9AD we saw a Clone . Its just that 9AD we knew and the one we saw, something felt off. A woman's death could not have driven him to this extreme. I hope there is a catch in all this.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member mup's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

at least for me i wanted shioon to grow stong befor his ki center is fix making him stronger let hope he still want to train or the elders will push him to train harder

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I was a bit disappointed by this chapter. Although it might be better to not rush things and develop the story right, i still wanted to see Shioon finally getting stronger and kick some ass, even if it is in his meditation training. He had finally found his resolve and wanted to fight, now he is again confused and helpless because his teacher became a monster. The only thing satisfying was once again the monster Kwon, his face while threatening someone is just frightening.
    I really hope now the story finally quickens the pace and we see some heavy fighting in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by thornofcarrion View Post
    I know it would sound crazy but I really wanted the video being somehow rigged or 9AD we saw a Clone . Its just that 9AD we knew and the one we saw, something felt off. A woman's death could not have driven him to this extreme. I hope there is a catch in all this.
    9AD in The Breaker was a man with many emotional scars after his master has been taken away from him (not literally) by the Murim Alliance who basically is supposed to represent all Murim. The only thing he felt after the death of his master was hatred towards all Murim but specially the Murim Master, he basically shut himself emotionally off. By doing so though he went against everything his master preached him. Now there comes a kid(Shioon) who countless times is saying the same things his master used to preach him all the time, thus 9AD began to change. He opened up towards both Shioon and especially Shiho, he began to express his long felt love towards her. He seemed to be able to overcome his hatred and heal his scars by thinking about a future with both Shiho and Shioon as his pupil but those things have been taken in front of his eyes again by the Murim Alliance.
    I think that´s reason enough for him to act this way, don´t you think?

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    I was a bit disappointed by this chapter. Although it might be better to not rush things and develop the story right, i still wanted to see Shioon finally getting stronger and kick some ass, even if it is in his meditation training. He had finally found his resolve and wanted to fight, now he is again confused and helpless because his teacher became a monster. The only thing satisfying was once again the monster Kwon, his face while threatening someone is just frightening.
    I really hope now the story finally quickens the pace and we see some heavy fighting in the near future.
    You're not the only one that wants to see Shioon finally kicking some asses but it's still too soon for that . As i said in a previous post i think we'll have a time skip very soon . At least that's what i would like to happen and then we'll see a completely new Shioon ready to go against SUC . A few moths would be enough 'cause i seriously can't see Shioon being able to change too much in a matter of days (yeah it's true that he has the ability to learn very quickly but we have to consider that his condition isn't too good ...his Ki center isn't fixed and he can't abuse those pills forever )

And i hope that in the upcoming chapters we'll get a few glimpses of 9AD . Seriously the author has been neglecting him in this 2nd part of The Breaker and i also wanna kown more about those videos with him . As i said the setting is off IMO . I don't believe he made those videos for the SUC

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matzik1212 View Post
    You're not the only one that wants to see Shioon finally kicking some asses but it's still too soon for that . As i said in a previous post i think we'll have a time skip very soon . At least that's what i would like to happen and then we'll see a completely new Shioon ready to go against SUC . A few moths would be enough 'cause i seriously can't see Shioon being able to change too much in a matter of days (yeah it's true that he has the ability to learn very quickly but we have to consider that his condition isn't too good ...his Ki center isn't fixed and he can't abuse those pills forever )

And i hope that in the upcoming chapters we'll get a few glimpses of 9AD . Seriously the author has been neglecting him in this 2nd part of The Breaker and i also wanna kown more about those videos with him . As i said the setting is off IMO . I don't believe he made those videos for the SUC
    Well, matzik, I wondered if that old guy from the end of The Breaker doesn't just have a camera in his office, so whenever GMR comes and talks to him, he just records it, edits it to show what he wants and superimposes him over a background. The line that GMR says in the video is, iirc, identical to what he said to the old guy while they're watching the destruction after Shioon and Chang Ho's fight.

The old guy could just edit in words into a GMR clip. For example, in that bit at the start of New Waves where Kangsung's talking about how the BFD is so much more active now, we see GMR storming through compounds filled with dead villains.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

These last three to four chapters were crucial for the second Part of the Breaker IMO. Both characters got some development. And their "reunion" will be interesting to see because the two two of them are about to make decisions that'll affect the future of the Murim world.

I'm talking about Shioon and Hyuk So-Chun. Because these two represent the two most powerful factions out of the whole Murim. While the latter is fighting for the rightful position as heir for the Chundomoon. I believe that So-Chun is going to trash that smug face, once he finds out the truth.

Credits:Shinsatsu

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member mup's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

about shiwoon i think he lost the will to fight you know the supposed spirt of not backing down with the news of 9art so if he fight right now he will lose

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Asvin's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matzik1212 View Post
    Actually i think it's the exact opposite . From how i see it i think the 9AD we saw in part 1 was the real him . And he showed us his real personality in his interaction with Shioon . I mean sorry but if he was indeed that kind of guy from the start i doubt just a few months spent with Shioon would have changed him so much . He was a good guy from the start it's just that the circumstances made him the cruel guy he is right now .

Let's see . 1st he lost his master , the guy who changed him and made him something . 2nd he lost Shiho , the only woman he truly loved and the woman who sacrificed herself for him , following him even though the situation was pretty screwed up . And finally the 3rd reason was losing Shioon as his disciple . The guy did all that with a great pain in his heart even though he played a cheap act after destroying Shioon's Ki center . Just a look at his pained expression and it was enough to understand he really treasured Shioon from the bottom of his heart and will forever regret destroying the chances of a truly talented boy.

I don't know what might happen in the future but i personally think in the end Shioon will save him from himself so to say . He has that gift and even though he might have to throw a few punches to wake him up he'll do that 'cause Shioon truly respects 9AD . I felt really bad that he had to see that video
    Had to quote the entire thing. Even just trying to skim it brought tears to my eyes, I don’t agree but it made me smile to read that.

I don’t know if it was confirmed or not but I got the impression that 9AD was a bit of a problem child when he was younger. That’s when he ran across his master and began to look up to him as the father he never had. Now, I don’t want to say ‘see, he was the same way back when’ because that’ll lead to a debate about whether leopard’s can change their spots and such.

I’ll agree that he’s angry and lashing out, self-destructive ect. but I don’t want to make him into some sort of tragic character that can be healed with a pat on the back and/or some medications. His concerns are valid, he’s fighting for a better world… His means may be reprehensible but to sweep them under the mat as some sort of juvenile tantrum to be waited out… He was always against The Alliance, nothing will change that save his death or him giving up.

Spoiler show
    "All the good women are married, all the handsome men are gay."

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    9AD in The Breaker was a man with many emotional scars after his master has been taken away from him (not literally) by the Murim Alliance who basically is supposed to represent all Murim. The only thing he felt after the death of his master was hatred towards all Murim but specially the Murim Master, he basically shut himself emotionally off. By doing so though he went against everything his master preached him. Now there comes a kid(Shioon) who countless times is saying the same things his master used to preach him all the time, thus 9AD began to change. He opened up towards both Shioon and especially Shiho, he began to express his long felt love towards her. He seemed to be able to overcome his hatred and heal his scars by thinking about a future with both Shiho and Shioon as his pupil but those things have been taken in front of his eyes again by the Murim Alliance.
    I think that´s reason enough for him to act this way, don´t you think?
    You are correct with your analysis. Somehow, 9AD never felt like an evil person, massacring so many people. If it were vital and top individuals from Murim world, I can understand. Murim took away so much from him but still, I am having hard time to believe the guy in the video was 9AD. I realize, it should be 9AD. Perhaps, there is more to it.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thornofcarrion View Post
    You are correct with your analysis. Somehow, 9AD never felt like an evil person, massacring so many people. If it were vital and top individuals from Murim world, I can understand. Murim took away so much from him but still, I am having hard time to believe the guy in the video was 9AD. I realize, it should be 9AD. Perhaps, there is more to it.
    Yeah it's hard to accept he's 9AD but unfortunately i think he's the real deal . I mean we already saw he massacred those guys before entering the BFD leader's room back then when he saw that video with SUC so i think he was indeed the one in that video .

Kinda sad but the guy went and closed his heart and now is a senseless beast . That look he had in his eyes can't be mistaken IMO . He reminds me of that time when he fought against the Alliance and went berserk 'cause he had the same look on his face .

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4