Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter!

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excellent

16 32.00%
  • Good

22 44.00%
  • Neither good, nor bad

9 18.00%
  • Poor

0 0%
  • Horrible

3 6.00%
New Reply
Page 27 of 43 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast

Thread: Claymore 126 Discussion

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner v1nx's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 126 Discussion / 127 Predictions

Btw, Jump SQ is bimonthly now.
    Not sure if this is relevant

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shiek927's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not really sure what to say about that news, since i'm not really sure how any of that stuff works....how moving to a new magazine would affect how Yagi does his own story for instance, makes no sense to me. If that's the case, then I certainly hope that doesn't happen...that Yagi's sequel is different in anyway in presentation (more fanservice for instance >_>, though you were probably just joking Gooral ) because of the new magazine.

I mean really....I don't know much about the intimate details of Yagi himself, how he makes his story, what influences him and his work etc (and the less I know, the better I think...otherwise, my perception on all sorts of things may change if I see something I don't like)...

All I want, is as little change as possible - one chapter per month, no new title, no 'sequel', no ending, no nothing....I'm aware all my wants probably won't be satisfied, but I'm still hoping, since I don't think it's too much to ask....though I'm not in charge of anything.

The last thing I want, is for Claymore to be in a new magazine with a new title (and Chapter 1 again? oh god >_<) and suddenly the story is like reading a bad fanfiction....whatever happens in the future, I just want things to stay the same as much as possible.
    You know, there are as many ways to live as there are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Project Spirit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Basically the only difference you could expect from a magazine change is Yagi having more freedom. That would explain the over saturation of shonen stereotypes last arc. Maybe Yagi was just getting it out of his system while he had the chance lol.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner FormerAbyssalone's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

to be honest I would like for Claymore to be in a seinin mag. Yagi would be able to have more freedom with killing and "other" things that he could add to claymore.
    ~A day without laughter is a day wasted~

- You better bow down to Riful!!!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm still unsure about the idea of the magazine being the source of Yagi's decisions as of late...I just find that unlikely - their is simple no hard evidence to suggest that.

It's all gonna come down to perception and preference...you could say that the stuff happening in the story is, if this is the right idea, because the magazine people have been pressuring Yagi...but their are people who go as far back as Isley's death to say that the story has had stuff they didn't like; so unless you are suggesting that their has been pressure since then...

And their are of course, people who, though I've never seen them before, actually prefer post-timeskip stuff to pre-timeskip stuff....or people who simply never seen the story be of a certain "type", whether as of late or ever, at all...

The point I'm trying to make is, I don't get why some people think, if Yagi is going to move to a new magazine, that that is somehow going to give him more 'freedom' or "make up" for stuff the stuff that's happened recently that may or may not have been influenced by editors or whoever....that's entirely perceptive; their is no solid proof whatsoever that Yagi has ever been influenced or forced to make any sorts of decisions with the story.
    You know, there are as many ways to live as there are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look.

7. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by v1nx View Post
    Btw, Jump SQ is bimonthly now.
    Not sure if this is relevant
    No it's not. Jump SQ 19 which earlier was a quarterly magazine is (the magazine where recent Claymore special was in). You can see now how easily rumours spread and people don't even bother to verify them.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member littleangel's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    and Chapter 1 again
    This is what I hate the most and since Yagi is a monthly mangaka it will simply ruin my life.. maybe when I become 25 I will resume Claymore..

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see how a change of title and a changed numeration could ruin anything. There would be practically no difference between Claymore chapter 140 and Claymore: The War chapter 14, assuming it would be a direct continuation of the Claymore story.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MalakTawus's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goral View Post
    I don't see how a change of title and a changed numeration could ruin anything. There would be practically no difference between Claymore chapter 140 and Claymore: The War chapter 14, assuming it would be a direct continuation of the Claymore story.
    I couldn't agree more.
    The only thing that matters imo is the story to be a direct continuation, with Claire again as the MC and focus of the narration (since for my taste the narration flowed A LOT better when the story was built around Claire.......and no,it's not just because Claire is my fav character).

Adding a subtitle or changing the chapter's numeration are aspects COMPLETELY irrelevant imo.

......let's just hope Claymore won't end here.......

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

IF there's a sequel, I wonder what it will be about...
    They can hardly make a story with just the Clare vs Priscillia thing.

Even if there would be a lot of material there, especially with Raki's relationship with both of them...
    That could add some drama, but still...

I think we will see more of those Asarakam.
    The story might become about the Claymore fighting them.

And there's still a lot of things that were left feeling incomplete...
    Like the whole Miata/Clarice thing...

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    It's just a feeling Gooral....I know it can be seen as pickiness, but I'm just like that.

It just feels wrong to me....I mean, like I said, some people could even review Claymore as-is since it's 'technically' over, even if it's not. Like you, I'm hoping the sequel is a direct sequel and not any ridiculous time-skips; one was enough - we still, to this day, don't know all the things that happened during the seven years - maybe enough to understand the big events, which is enough for Yagi since speculation and imagination would fill in the rest...but again, that often just feels like an excuse; imagination is fun and all many times, but I also, just as an example, want to actually see the 'family' of Isley/Raki/Priscilla and not just hear about it or imagine it.

Going back to the title and changes though, less is more for me; I know it may seem weird for some people, but I just don't like the idea of any big changes like this, though I know I'll probably end up wrong.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsmile View Post
    Goral maybe onto something with the line of thought regarding Yagi's contract with the publisher. From the ANN post, Yagi said that his editor brought him "spicy noodle" that has become the rage in recent time. There was also talk about a law that could potentially strip or limit his rights of ownership to the Manga he created. Perhaps the "spicy noodle that did not agree with him" is a new contract that further erodes his authority on the manga and possibly weakens his future financial position. Speculating of course, why would he continue to write Claymore? It wouldn't make sense from a financial position.
    i am pretty sure he would not use a noodle metaphor for claymore. he wouldn't need a secret code.
    i am still curiuos of what is next for claymore. seems that the chapter was not desgined as an ending.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member littleangel's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Well.. It's true that it makes no sense but to tell the truth I don't read a manga just released from chapter 1. It makes me feel like I will have to wait like forever. For me I started reading Claymore when Yagi was on hiatus but at least their was almost 70 chapters for me to read plus when I started, I started from chapter 55 then completed then came back from the very beginning due to the fact that the manga is so different than the anime. It just feels so negative and boring to start from chapter 1 and knowing it is a monthly release! I know what I'm saying is no excuse but it is something psychological/feeling.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner v1nx's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

No it's not. Jump SQ 19 which earlier was a quarterly magazine is (the magazine where recent Claymore special was in). You can see now how easily rumours spread and people don't even bother to verify them.
    Oh, sorry, the last page of R+V II confused me

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Nixl's Avatar
    Country
    Ajman
    Post Thanks / Like

Kaiten has a nice theory of why we still haven't heard anything about this:

I would love if Claymore would be published in a seinen magazine. That would allow Yagi to finally kill some of the characters and give us some more fanservice and not treat his readers like total idiots (where are the times were hand-holding wasn't needed and Yagi didn't have to spell out everything for the reader?).
    Oh god, seinen magazine? If it proves true (lol conjecture), I am okay with this, especially if Yagi did not have to censor his work as much and possibly got more pages.

Thank you for finding and posting this material.

New Reply
Page 27 of 43 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast