Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter!

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excellent

16 32.00%
  • Good

22 44.00%
  • Neither good, nor bad

9 18.00%
  • Poor

0 0%
  • Horrible

3 6.00%
New Reply
Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Claymore 126 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shiek927's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 126 Spoiler Thread

Wow, way to totally skip out on talking about Raki...

First off, before I go into this chapter....when it comes to this End business, what makes me think this ISN'T simply the end of the arc is the fact that, no arc up till now, has expressed itself in such a a manner - it's plainly obvious when an arc begins or ends, and didn't a chapter itself say recently that a new arc was ending/beginning?

What I want to ask now, is a very simple and important question: Does this chapter say that we will get next month's issue?

Because if not, then we know for certain that something big is going down for sure.
    You know, there are as many ways to live as there are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Ryus's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^ Wow I didnt realize Raki wasnt in it in a meaningful way till you said something... lolz after all that arguing about him too.
    Last edited by Ryus; April 28, 2012 at 12:38 PM.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

As for the chapter itself....that, whatever it is, chained to the wall.....anybody got AB Katea flashbacks?

I have to say, I'm really surprised....after all that garbage about not being able to kill MiB's because they are human beings, Miria actually goes and kills the guy (Ermita?)

It still feels ripe for picking at though - I mean, number 1, it's just one guy that Miria kills, so I wouldn't be surprised to see Deneve fussing about that (XD)....2, they neither confirmed nor deny the (stupid) idea that they are human beings, which means Carebear Miria did everybody "a favor".

I don't know, that whole bit with killing the MiB feels iffy...I know it's a symbolic victory since it's not like Ermita alone is the main bad guy or anything, and I can understand feeling victorious....but it still feels pretty pre-mature to do any real celebrating yet, despite the scope of their victory.

And oh yeah, they didn't tie up ANY of the loose-ends, like going into the Yoma Lab, or the small ones like explaining Miria's X-scar or the Ghosts all oweing Miria a punch.
    You know, there are as many ways to live as there are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look.

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Seeing that there are still lots of stuff to be told in this story, I'm more inclined to believe that what we will get is more like a timeskip, or just a longer hiatus...this story, while focused a lot around certain characters, they all revolved around the deceptions and manipulations of the Organization and its involvement in the BIG war...and the story of the Organization ends here, so from a certain point of view is quite understandable...it's a little sudden though, I must confess

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Claymore1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It only showed Raki in a few panels. They were probably like flashbacks of something he said. Too bad, i was really looking forward to seeing Raki talk to the ghosts.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Do I like the chapter? Well, standing alone, it's okay....I feel it would have been better to have tie up all the loose-ends first, but I guess one could argue that it still wasn't the right time, and their is time for all of that later when the MiB's are taken care of...hopefully this isn't an excuse that they (i.e. Yagi) will simply forget.

I also just realized that, now that the Org's power-base is broken on the Org, the Ghosts and everyone else can essentially move back in...not to mention, uncover all sorts of hidden mysteries they didn't know about before, like they've done just now. Their's a plethora of knowledge and revelations waiting to be uncovered in Staff...we'll have to wait and see what they find.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
    What I want to ask now, is a very simple and important question: Does this chapter say that we will get next month's issue?
    No it does not (there would be a 7 something if Claymore were to appear in the next issue). And it really is rushed. If it's the end it was a terrible way to end the series. We will have to wait on official information from Jump Square I guess.

9. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

There are many questions to be answered. I am failing to accept seeing Claymore end like this. Nor do I believe Miria was the main character.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goral View Post
    No it does not (there would be a 7 something if Claymore were to appear in the next issue). And it really is rushed. If it's the end it was a terrible way to end the series. We will have to wait on official information from Jump Square I guess.
    First off......wow, 33 guests....I know I haven't been on this website long, but that's the biggest I've ever seen

It doesn't?

....Well, then that's it then - Yagi is going an indefinite hiatus: Reasons? Something bad happened in real life (and/or), he is taking a vacation and merely postponing the story as the side-story may have implied, Claymore may continue as a seperate sequel...or the story really is ending once and for all right here and now (which is the most unlikely to happen).

Their's honestly no proof that their will even be a "sequel"....what I want to know is -- what happened around the time of the last Extra Scenes when Yagi had his first big break? Did they say the next issue wouldn't be around until some undetermined time?

Because if so, then this is the same thing....their is actually nothing suggesting a seperate sequel (which I'm hoping isn't true)...just that, next month's chapter isn't coming and we have to wait indefinitely for the next one.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

....Well, then that's it then - Yagi is going an indefinite hiatus: Reasons? Something bad happened in real life (and/or), he is taking a vacation and merely postponing the story as the side-story may have implied, Claymore may continue as a seperate sequel...or the story really is ending once and for all right here and now (which is the most unlikely to happen).
    I think the possibility of him being a bit tired of the story might be high...rushed endings, or abrupt ones seem to point in that direction...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    I think the possibility of him being a bit tired of the story might be high...rushed endings, or abrupt ones seem to point in that direction...
    I find it unlikely....we'll never know the reasons for the last time-skip, but if he was merely tired with the story, then he would just go on a long vacation like he did before and put up Extra Scenes now and again.

We can all say what we will about the man himself....I find it nigh-impossible that it's gone this far that Yagi would do a rush ending to his work after over a decade of meticulous art, just because he was finally getting sick of it.

Only when we receive a true bonafide letter from the man himself that the story is indeed over for whatever reasons, will I believe that the story truly is finished; we can all argue however we want whether or not Claymore has gone downhill in recent times...I find it hard to believe Yagi would go to this level.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member haegar's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thornofcarrion View Post
    There are many questions to be answered. I am failing to accept seeing Claymore end like this. Nor do I believe Miria was the main character.
    AMEN, on all three.

I can only think that there was some kind of interference with his work, be it he is taking some break for personal reasons or be it that it has to do with the current publisher. I do wonder actually, many people have felt that the tone of the manga somewhat changed somewhere between timeskip and now, things got more action and fight focused and characters were introduced quicker and less in depth as in the past - maybe turns out this was to accomodate the publishers due to ratings and mabye turns out this is what prompts change now? that might actually turn into a good thing. waiting for a spinoff or sequel for half a year would suck but might also turn into something very good. again,this is all specualtion, nothing to base that on.

the only thing that truly would suck is if indeed this is the end of ends, except for some half-assed extras we get handed in the aftermath.

at the very least once full trans is around we might know in how far this "last" chap "closes" plotlines or actually "opens" new ones with the newly introduced creature...
    Last edited by haegar; April 28, 2012 at 12:54 PM.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Guys, *sigh, for goodness sake...

Maybe I'm not the right person to be saying this, since I never have believed that their was any one true main character of Claymore, but honestly...what's with all the "Miria is NOT the main character!" complaints?

Yeah, she's not...even if you believe Clairebear is the main character, what's the big deal? We've gotten focus on a myriad of characters all throughout the story...the days of Claire (and Raki for that matter) being center-stage ended ages ago and, as a joke, their's not much Claire can contribute when she's stuck in fossilized crap.

I can understand why their is confusion about this so called "end", but turning this into about Miria like it's all her fault or something is silly >_>

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I find it unlikely....we'll never know the reasons for the last time-skip, but if he was merely tired with the story, then he would just go on a long vacation like he did before and put up Extra Scenes now and again.

We can all say what we will about the man himself....I find it nigh-impossible that it's gone this far that Yagi would do a rush ending to his work after over a decade of meticulous art, just because he was finally getting sick of it.

Only when we receive a true bonafide letter from the man himself that the story is indeed over for whatever reasons, will I believe that the story truly is finished; we can all argue however we want whether or not Claymore has gone downhill in recent times...I find it hard to believe Yagi would go to this level.
    Yup...it works for me, too...official statements are the best in these cases...and it's not like typos are that uncommon in the business...that could be the reason for the chapter number missing...who knows...

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

I can understand why their is confusion about this so called "end", but turning this into about Miria like it's all her fault or something is silly >_>
    I don't really see anyone actually blaming Miria...the discussion about her status as a character is just a side-effect of this news, not the source...

Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Its not complaining Shiek. Nor do I dislike her. The thing is, it does not sit well with me to see the story revolving around Clare throughout the manga and then suddenly Miria is the main character. It reminds me of Psyren, it was rushed in the end. Even then, it was not wrapped in a chapter or two. Hence, I am not sure if its indeed 'the end'.

New Reply
Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast