Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter!

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excellent

16 32.00%
  • Good

22 44.00%
  • Neither good, nor bad

9 18.00%
  • Poor

0 0%
  • Horrible

3 6.00%
New Reply
Page 14 of 43 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Claymore 126 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Claymore1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 126 Spoiler Thread

Quote Quote:
    Ermita gets his head cut off
    Really? I didn't even see him in this chapter

Quote Quote:
    the whole Claire/Priscilla dynamic hasn't even been resolved yet, and I'd like to see that done yet before I see any Dragons...I'd like to see everything resolved, or at least, as much as possible...
    I agree. I think that the Clare and Priscilla final battle should happen before anything happens with the DoDs on the other island.
    Last edited by Claymore1; April 29, 2012 at 12:44 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Nixl's Avatar
    Country
    Ajman
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I would disagree Shieky, I think a lot of the allure of Claymore came from the vagueness of the story at times and not so much details.

Also, I would almost say that Yagi would shift often between characters and not really give a lot of details, which kept things open for mystery and speculation (Irene, etc). This last arc has been Miria and Miria alone practically. Yagi has focused on Miria for so damn long and put an almost excruciating amount of focus on her fights with Hysteria. With the exception of Raki/Raftela, Cassandra/Roxanne, and the remaining Ghosts, we did not get much else to see.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shiek927's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore1
    Really? I didn't even see him in this chapter

Ugh, I think I'm just gonna start calling them "MiB 1" "MiB 2" and so on until I get them right

Quote Originally Posted by Nixl
    I think I would disagree Shieky, I think a lot of the allure of Claymore came from the vagueness of the story at times and not so much details.

Also, I would almost say that Yagi would shift often between characters and not really give a lot of details, which kept things open for mystery and speculation (Irene, etc). This last arc has been Miria and Miria alone practically. Yagi has focused on Miria for so damn long and put an almost excruciating amount of focus on her fights with Hysteria. With the exception of Raki/Raftela, Cassandra/Roxanne, and the remaining Ghosts, we did not get much else to see.
    While I completely agree on the ambiguity, which has always been a huge part of Claymore...he's shifting too much, he's accelerating to much - that's what I don't like...you may dislike that the Miria arc focused on Miria solely for so long, but once upon a time, it was the same thing with Claire...

And while you may argue that she's an exception because she's the, cough, "main character"...I liked that focus...it's fine if Yagi wants to juggle between groups, but too much, and it becomes too chaotic - focus is too important...I'm all too happy for not having one character always get center-stage and not be the center of the universe...but I'm also not too happy when we get Claire/Deneve/Helen, Cynthia/Yuma, Alicia/Beth, Riful/Dauf/Priscilla, and freaking Raciella all at once...

Their needs to be a balance there...and while the little details may always have been arguably delieberately omitted (Cassie's flashback was largely just one giant black page with text) for the sake of ambiguity and imagination, I don't want that to be a convenient excuse for Yagi to ignore things.

I don't know....this is all so very subjective - It may all just boil down to me wishing Claymore stays the way I perceive and prefer the story, whatever that may be...the same way it is for everybody. I may see recent change, some people may see things remaining how it's always been since Day 1.

I don't want Claymore to stray too far from it's original roots and the warriors to abandon the island once thought to be the only land in the world to fight Dragons somewhere.....and other people may say this is just progress and their's no reason for anything else.

---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

That picture is golden Haeger; did you make that yourself?
    You know, there are as many ways to live as there are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member haegar's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah, saph got me the idea with his little dae conversation there

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member SaphG1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by haegar View Post
    yeah, saph got me the idea with his little dae conversation there
    LOL glad i could inspire you. The only way Dae could be more cool is if under his robes he's built like tank and can round house kick Miria's head off.

That's right, Dae is the Chuck Norris of Claymore. All those hot girls you been ogling, he's seen them naked.
    Last edited by SaphG1; April 29, 2012 at 03:32 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member SaphG1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Would you have preferred mister T?

Dae Pities da fool

No doubt if the Claymore picks up into a new series we're going to have a time skip and You know what I realized...Adult Miata *boy squeal* freaking awesome!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member haegar's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SaphG1 View Post
    You know what I realized...Adult Miata *boy squeal* freaking awesome!
    man has a point. though that is about all that would be good about timeskip. if skip, I say continent skip.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If there ever is a spinoff manga involving the mainland (I still doubt it will happen) I imagine it would involve a completely new cast of characters unrelated to Rabonna.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member littleangel's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

That was amazing all Although took me a while to read it but truly amazing specially Saph I liked your biology and genetics connection (which I will add to), and Shiek I totally agree with you about the slow movement in the plot but not too slow like Hysteria and Miria's battle but yes slow is better than light speed progression.

As for Saph I agree with the idea of ABs are stronger than the DoDs because lets take it like this:
    DoDs ----> Yoma ----> Claymore ----> ABs
    ABs ----> AFs

Now if we think about it in this way:
    1- DoDs have their DNA but when it is mixed with a normal human DNA it gives a mutation (call it primary mutation) similar in all but differs slightly based on the genes of the human which gives on of these (or a combination) traits:
    a- Sharp claws
    b- Extended fingers
    c- Flying Yoma
    but all of them have this carve for human's flesh which means they need something from humans they can no longer produce (like a certain vital protein or hormone(if not protein derivative) or non-proteinic(don't know the spelling) enzyme) being a side effect of the primary mutation.

2- When you use Yoma's flesh and combine it with a human it gives a secondary mutation inwhich they can produce this vital product and the secondary mutation resulted in a more stable creature than the Yoma and even more powerful with the capability to go into a further mutation without the need of a human combination!

3- Claymores if went through the further mutation they lose the ability to produce this vital product and end up being like the Yomas (the primary mutation) but yet as powerful (if not stronger) as the source (the DoDs). Here this tertiary mutation 1 (1 because you can combine a secondary with a human like in Clare's case) actual genes resemble the sources not the humans or the other mutations as in the gives example:
    Lets say we have the following genes to resemble a certain character: lets say nails shape and structure (traits of each character differs with each gene)
    a- The DoDs have the gene A which gives them the trait of sharp claw for this character
    b- The humans (lets say they only have two genes) B and b
    c- If we combine A with B we will get AB which in turn sharp claws Yoma, but if we combine A and b it will give Ab which will give extended fingers (a new trait),
    and if the human wasn't a pure one (Bb was his genotype) it will result in both AB and Ab (here lets assume that Ab produce an enzyme that inhibit AB) so the result will be extended fingers.
    d- AB and Ab differ than AA in phenotype as AA is better than AB in terms of claws power and length.
    e- If a Yoma gets combined with a human the Yoma's gene gets passed to the human not the opposite so based on the Yoma the Awakened Being will either resemble long fingers/nails(in case of Rigardo) or sharp claws.
    f- Awakened Beings' genes when they mutate (tertiary mutation 1) their genes change again but this time they become something like the source's gene (a gene that resembles gene A) this gene can be the same as or better than the sources gene based on the human's and the Yoma's gene which differs between Awakened Beings.

4- Clare, they only Tertiary mutation 2 which resulted from the combination of a Claymore with another human which seems to be weaker which in this case I suppose it is due to the some stability of the body and the resemblance of humans more than the DoDs but still here I barely got anything to go on so I will leave it as is.

Now as I just mentioned ABs can be stronger than the DoDs due to the tertiary mutation 1 which resulted not in mixing of genes and combination of them but a complete makeover of the gene itself (in the nitrogenous bases which results in different amino acids and different proteins) which if combined with a human being it will give different traits and genes that of Yoma's (AB and Ab). This I suppose is the prove that ABs are stronger than the DoDs because they have better genes which affected the new off springs (the Yoma and the AFs) making the AFs stronger than Yomas.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Nixl's Avatar
    Country
    Ajman
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SaphG1 View Post
    You know what I realized...Adult Miata *boy squeal* freaking awesome!
    I...did not think of this.

Blood and glory to the time skip!

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I want my Clare time back.

---------- Post added at 01:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 AM ----------

More than anything else, it also seems to strike me as it being really out of character for Rimuto to make these nice speeches and explain things. This isn't how Yagi even works. We don't get explanations, nor do things just work out this easily. Clare got put on the bus in order to make room for more of Miria's vengeance.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner fraktur's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    More than anything else, it also seems to strike me as it being really out of character for Rimuto to make these nice speeches and explain things. This isn't how Yagi even works. We don't get explanations
    you're right, it's a little unusual not to have deneve point everything out.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Korinov's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Sigh, I spend a few weeks without free time to even think about this manga, then I come back only to find this whole mess of the "end"... honestly, I don't know what to think. I wouldn't mind Yagi taking some time for himself in order to reconsider some things and improve a bit the general direction and pace the story has been following for some time, but a long hiatus... the last one doesn't bring back very good memories, it was the point where (IMO) Claymore began to lose what made it an outstanding and really special shonen.

I'll wait for the scanlation to come out in order to give a full opinion, but heh, right now I don't really know what to expect from all of this.
    You reap what you sow.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

So is it true that Claymore has ended? Worst ending ever.

Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Valentinefriedman View Post
    So is it true that Claymore has ended? Worst ending ever.
    Most unlikely. There are unconfirmed talks about a sequel, perhaps a timeskip. My personal opinion is the same. Such a great manga cannot be ruined with a rush and sudden ending.

New Reply
Page 14 of 43 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast