Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter!

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excellent

16 32.00%
  • Good

22 44.00%
  • Neither good, nor bad

9 18.00%
  • Poor

0 0%
  • Horrible

3 6.00%
New Reply
Page 33 of 43 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast

Thread: Claymore 126 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Claymore1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 126 Discussion / 127 Predictions

Quote Quote:
    Clare has hardly any right to be mad at Raki for living with Priscilla al those years. What was he supposed to do?
    Well it's Clare. She can be a little irrational. And she HATES priscilla. So the fact that Raki traveled with and spent so much time with priscilla might piss her off. Considering how much she hates priscilla

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shiek927's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Clairebear is already sweet enough in her own way ; maybe she's not upfront and all sunshine and rainbows like Cynthia, but then again, it's not like Cynthia didn't have things in her head too (i.e. Veronica).

Truth is, every warrior is sweet and endearing in their own way; the only warrior who needs a change in my opinion is Dr.Deneve - she needs to lose her psuedo MD already; I know she's trying to help but her methods make me want to punch her.
    Last edited by Shiek927; May 12, 2012 at 08:13 PM.
    You know, there are as many ways to live as there are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member wickedsmile's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Shiek927:

I didn't consider the upside of Yuma gaining confidence by learning from another lowly rank warrior who ascended to co-captain the Ghosts (not officially but certainly in terms of ability and strength). I'll agree with Ancy that it is a realistic link, which matured when Yuma was thrust into the leadership role as Cynthia fell to Beth's mutated form. Gaining an ability from Yoki synchronization may have been an ability that only Roxanne has mastered. In Yuma's case, it's more of the case of situations dictating her actions and forcing her to mature emotionally and mentally.

Miria had different goals in Pieta. She assembled the teams to give them the best chance of survival. Flora expressed this after they defeated the first two ABs that attacked, against Isley's command. Gaining experience and augmenting the whole force's fighting capability was her goal. She didn't pair Deneve and Helen together because their skills and strength were better utilized among other warriors.
    I don't want to die. Even if that makeshift family was all nothing more than an illusion, doomed to someday fall apart. I so wish, so wish, it could have lasted the tiniest bit longer. - Norihiro Yagi

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MalakTawus's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe it's just me,but i doubt that Yuma feels more at ease with Claire since she also has a low number.
    Yuma knows that Claire's number is completely urelated to her true powers so if you add that Claire always acts very cold and "mysterious",imo Claire is probably the warrior that is most "feared" (or at least she's the most difficult to relate with) in the group,especially for Taby,Yuma and Cynty.

Also IMO the reason why Miria sent other warriors with Claire is not because of any yoki-sync idea or because they can force her to stop if she decides to do something crazy (since she is way too strong to be stopped by them,lol), but simply because this way she feels responsible for the lives of her comrades so she obviously tends to be less reckless in her actions.
    Last edited by MalakTawus; May 12, 2012 at 04:23 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Um, hi Wickedsmile (?)

Nothing really in your post that I disagree with, since we know that; I was just making a point...like with Pieta - that Miria organized the teams with a goal in mind and she did the same with the Ghosts later on.

I have no problem with growth - it's this idea of growing through yoki-syncing that I dislike....and Roxanne's mimicry isn't necessarily yoki-syncing either, but a unique ability that she has....we don't know if it's necessarily yoki-syncing. Other warriors can copy and learn eachother's techniques, but Roxanne's ability to do this is special because she does so at an accelerated rate and ends up surpassing the original, killing them off in "AB hunts"....my point is, the evidence seems to point to Roxanne's ability being something special and not merely special yoki-syncing -- I wonder what others will say.

==

Malak, with regards to Yuma and Claire.....Yuma, before she thought she would die, expressed how she wanted to see the others again and learn of her progress and what their reaction would be....she said that Claire would probably show no reaction but secretly would be the most pleased.

Is that true? Hard to say...we know Claire is more then she pretends to be, and up front, didn't care for either Cynthia or Yuma following her...but of course, she ended up benefiting from their presence anyway.

I don't know, it's hard to say....because one could argue that one is behaving how they seem too, or that they aren't.....Claire was rude to Cynthia and Yuma and wanted to be alone, and maybe she really was....or maybe she was secretly glad they came along -- Yuma believed Claire would secretly be proud of her bravery, and maybe she really would...or wouldn't.

I can understand the idea of Yuma following Claire around because of her initial low rank...but it's not like their aren't other low-rankers among the Ghosts (Tabitha was No.41 if I recall), though that may be beside the point...

*shrug, It's all an interpretation thing....I'd like to think Claire, while preferring to indeed go alone to do her business, would be also happy that Cynthia and Yuma (particularly her) followed her...and that Yuma was doing so well, just because Claire is that kind of good person -- her aloofness and/or fiery nature doesn't fool anybody who "gets" her....so I find it more likely, or I at least like the idea, that she really would be proud that Yuma is progressing, even if she didn't feel she had anything to do with it (or really didn't).

It was the same in a way with Jean....she kept following her around, but in a short time, she became close enough with her to start bawling in the snow...and she's known all the Ghosts for even longer; it's real easy to grow on Claire and her temperament or 'mysterious' ways don't fool anybody.
    You know, there are as many ways to live as there are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

@Shiek

I understand what you are saying and for the most part i agree with you,but i'd like to point out some of my thoughts.

I think it's undeniable that deep down Claire is REALLY a good and king person,thinking differently imo is the same as denying TONS (yes,TONS) of little evidences present in the whole manga, i also agree whith waht Yuma said about Claire being secretly happy for her despite showing nothing on the outside.....
    .....BUT i don't agree that she was happy that Yuma and Cynty had to follow her.
    The reason for my last statement is pretty obvious: Claire can't be happy for the 2 comrades following her because she knows very well that her true quest is completely different from all the others.
    If you consider then that her true quest (killing Priscilla) could happen anytime without any worning and that it would be instant death for her friends, i think it's quite obvious that she really doesn't want them around,and not because she doesn't like them,but exactly because she cares a lot for them and she doesn't want to put their lives in danger for a personal vendetta,especially because her comrades know nothing about the real danger in travelling with her.
    Miria wants to act like the "big sister",but since she knows nothing she is GREATLY understimating the real danger that following Claire means.
    Miria probably thinks that whatever Claire's secret mission is, it can't be worse than fighting the org.......the problem is that the truth is that defeating the org is child's play compared to Claire's personal vendetta,lol.

Also Shiek,how can you say that travelling with Yuma and Cynty helped Claire?
    Honestly,those two didn't help her at all,on the contrary what Claire feared most really happened and if it wasn't for her crazy solution that she used at the very end (taking control of the destroyer) she would have lost 4 close friends just because they were following her around.
    If Claire may have had some doubts before,now she is 100% certain: she CAN'T let her friends stay with her while she travels for personal reasons.
    Last edited by MalakTawus; May 12, 2012 at 08:14 PM.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Like I said Malak, it's difficult because it's all interpretive...I also agree that Claire wasn't happy with Cynthia or Yuma following her around, but one could also say that they ended up helping her anyway....it's hard to say for sure *shrug

And really, doesn't matter...because as you say, their's ton of little evidence to show Claire's true character as you say; she's not another Teresa, even if that's what she wants to be....her stoicism doesn't hide her fiery nature (as Irene noted) and her fiery nature doesn't hide the scared little girl that held her surrogate-mother's head all those years ago.....point blank, once you 'get' Claire, she's actually on the predictable side -- she's indeed a good kind person, who has built many layers over herself that aren't difficult to see through.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    (Tabitha was No.41 if I recall)
    She was No. 31.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Shiek,can you give me an example in what those 2 have helped Claire?
    No seriously, i can't really find something where i can say "Thank god Claire wasn't alone!".
    I could understand if those 2 were able to force Claire to avoid trouble,but considering that they ended up in the worse scenario ever created with Dauf,Riful,Destroyer,Ali & Beth, AFs.......no seriously, those 2 not only were completely useless (well,in their defence it must be said that sure as hel luck wasn't on their side,lol) but under those circumstances they were also objectively a real trouble for Claire,infact as soon as the troubles began (with Dauf) Claire was already trying to save Yuma's ass cutting her leg......
    at the end of the day those two were nothing more than a burden for Claire; i'm not saying that Miria's intention was bad, but it's a fact that her decision was a complete failure.
    In conclusion,imo it's quite impossible to say that Claire was helped by Taby and Cinty.
    (....and to avoid confusion,i'm not saying that Claire didn't LIKE having those two around, i'm saying that she didn't WANT to have those 2 around because she feared for their safety.....and unfortunately her fear became reality in the end )
    Last edited by MalakTawus; May 13, 2012 at 03:34 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
    Shiek,can you give me an example in what those 2 have helped Claire?
    No seriously, i can't really find something where i can say "Thank god Claire wasn't alone!".
    I could understand if those 2 were able to force Claire to avoid trouble,but considering that they ended up in the worse scenario ever created with Dauf,Riful,Destroyer,Ali & Beth, AFs.......no seriously, those 2 not only were completely useless (well,in their defence it must be said that sure as hel luck wasn't on their side,lol) but under those circumstances they were also objectively a real trouble for Claire,infact as soon as the troubles began (with Dauf) Claire was already trying to save Yuma's ass cutting her leg......
    at the end of the day those two were nothing more than a burden for Claire; i'm not saying that Miria's intention was bad, but it's a fact that her decision was a complete failure.
    In conclusion,imo it's quite impossible to say that Claire was helped by Taby and Cinty.
    (....and to avoid confusion,i'm not saying that Claire didn't LIKE having those two around, i'm saying that she didn't WANT to have those 2 around because she feared for their safety.....and unfortunately her fear became reality in the end )
    I never have thought of it that way, but the way you explain it it's totally logical. But I think that Miria is not to blame for her decision, she had absolutely no means of knowing that Clare would actually turn her brain off and mess with Duff. But I agree, Cynthia and Yuma were anything but a help to Clare. In the end she got her ass saved by Deneve and Helen. Well, "saved" doesn't seem to be the right term for being turned into a pile of sh.... Yoki.
    Interested in Roleplay?
    Whether you only want to spectate or to participate, come and join us:
    Klick me!

Quote Originally Posted by General Nele Rea Sanka
    People might forget you. People might forget what you did. But what you did will always be there.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

True, Miria is not to blame for that mistake since it's quite evident that the ghosts know very little (almost nothing tbh) about Claire's personal situation.

....and even if it's true that Claire was saved by Helen and Deneve (well,tbh Hel and Den were saved by Claire in the first place since they would have never survived the destroyer's attack if it wasn't for Claire......and they were also saved a second time when Claire let herself be absorbed by the destroyer......also,well, Helen and Deneve are NOT Yuma and Cynthy,they are a lot stronger and can hold their own a lot better than the other two and Claire knows that) ,it's also true that that's not really the point for Claire: what i mean is that considering her personal goal (killing Prissy), Claire knows very well that it's uber dangerous.
    Claire's problem IS NOT risking her life (she knows that she risks it!!!), Claire's problem is that she doesn't want her friends to risk their lives for something that has nothing to do with them.
    Even if she dies fighting Prissy,it would be a more or less "acceptable" conclusion for Claire, BUT letting her friends be killed by her personal vendetta, THAT's the thing that she can't accept, and the proof is that she said absolutely nothing to the others,probably because she planned from the very beginning to "escape" from the ghosts when the time would have been right to hunt down Prissy......the problem is that her encounter with Prissy happened before she could imagine.
    Last edited by MalakTawus; May 13, 2012 at 05:08 AM.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    BUT letting her friends be killed by her personal vendetta, THAT's the thing that she can't accept
    Yes, Clare hates it when her friends die protecting her. She blames herself for Teresa's death and probably Jean's death too. She was devestated when Jean died for her and she couldn't handle it so she started crying on the battlefield asking "why".

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I can 100% agree with that notion...as before, it's very easy to grow on Claire and that probably has alot to do with why she has that aloof-ness...because she doesn't want anybody dying on her - she doesn't want to admit she cares for them as much as she really does, and she does....even somebody she never met, like Renee, she went ahead and tried to rescue, alone, on the pretext of wanting to meet with Rafaela. Not to mention taking a break from searching for Raki, to help the warriors at the Witch's Maw.

Claire is nothing at all like the person she pretends to be, and that's a good thing....because she's a much better person then that: despite her forceful attempts to make a hollow vendetta against Priscilla the singular purpose in her life....it simply is not working, and Claire undoubtedly knows that, and has been stubbornly ignoring that since day 1 - she's a good person who cares for people she never even met before, and is scared of letting herself become easily attached (and it is very easy) to other people because she doesn't want to be unable to protect them....as she was when Priscilla killed Teresa and she walked right by, and Claire thought it was because she was just so darn weak that she didn't even "reflect in her eyes"...

She hates that weakness, and it's why she is the way she is...because she's a good person who will make avenging you the single biggest focus of her life (even if having a normal life was what the person wanted from you); no amount of aloofness can hide that fiery passion and stubbornness, and that can't hide her fears either...her fears of heartbreak and being unable to protect the people she cares about, because she's a good person and will care for you quicker and more readily then she will ever admit....though her tears are big enough proof.

What can you say; it's our Clairebear

Clairebear is such a sweet nickname. Makes me wanna cuddle her - Ancy
    Last edited by Ancy; May 14, 2012 at 02:31 AM.

22. Like 6 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member claremore's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Claire is the most 'kind' character in Claymore easily. when she offered Teresa the pineapple, sums it up .That's why lil Claire is the best. Her kindess even ended up killing Teresa, the most powerful being in existence.
    Last edited by claremore; May 14, 2012 at 03:55 PM.

24. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ancy's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder what Yagi has in store for us when it comes to Clare, since there is so much more to be said about her personality, skills and personal vendetta. Besides, I wonder how will Clare and Priscilla get out of the blob? Will they be affected by it in terms of yoki?
    "I'm a legal alien in the Netherlands "

New Reply
Page 33 of 43 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast